The Race Place

Race Place Ownership Changes

Hesi

Pete has decided to relinquish his ownership in Race Place, and has offered it to me.
I have in turn offered PJ and Maxi part ownership of the site, and they have accepted.  They are both knowledgeable and enthusiastic contributors, and I hope people will continue to support the site.
I would like to personally thank Pete for the huge contribution he has made in initially setting up the site, then running it.  He will stay on as a motivated, contributing member, and be available to help us with technical issues that arise
I would also like to thank PJ and Maxi for taking up the running.  It's no fun running a site on your own, and without them coming in, I doubt I would have continued for long

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Pete deserves a break. I know the background to setting this site up originally and it took a lot of determination and heart to get it going. Both Hesi and Pete are to be applauded for their hard work and dedication. Great to see PJ and Maxi stepping up to keep Hesi in check 😜 Look forward to Pete throwing out those value runners, it's a learning process. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I'd like to get Cubes joining in PJ's comps, he was always such a character with his 3rd person narrative, but he seems well ensconced elsewhere.

Also no disrespect to anyone, but the best poster I have come across in my times on these chat forums, is Tasman Man, former part owner of Pasta Post and Changeover I think.  He seems to have fallen foul elsewhere, anyone know him

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, barryb said:

He’s a goose, don’t invite him ffs.

What a crying shame Pete had gone, he’s a good bastard.

Now you, Maxi and PJ and we are just a fucking tips forum,boring as batshit. 
At least Maxi isn’t a Labour poof so that’s a start, Hesi you have fucked up most opportunities given in the past, try not to do the same here.

I think you'll find Pete will play an even more active role on the site

7 hours ago, barryb said:

At least Maxi isn’t a Labour poof so that’s a start, Hesi you have fucked up most opportunities given in the past, try not to do the same here.

Not gone Barry. I'm just not one of the owners any more.

55 minutes ago, barryb said:

Excellent Pete, had me worried we would be all sitting in a circle smoking weed and voting for Green Mayors.

Thank god intelligence is still alive and well in Auck and you got a smart centre right person.

You're too kind.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, barryb said:

Barry, at least they are both informed, constructive posters, a bit like yourself.  Surely you are not going to tell me you enjoy a stream of relentless negativity.

We all know that racing in this country is no where near what it used to be, but we don't need to be told about it every day.  Not sure how that will solve anything

41 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

I would personally like to thank Pete for being there/their (never remember which one) when i have needed him to help me out.

Enjoy your small rest as i am sure we will still keep u entertained. 😁

Thanks Hesi for keeping it going and Thanks to PJ and Maxi for stepping into the breach.

Thanks Rex. I'm not really resting though 🤓

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, sharne said:

thank goodness you are not totally moving on pete

liked working with or as an opponent 

you have a good voice on this forum

i am sure the boys will keep it going well

Thanks for the kind words Sharne. You're always my first pick in the draft comps.

As Hesi said, I'm not going anywhere.

• Like 3

On 10/10/2022 at 4:36 PM, pete said:

Thanks for the kind words Sharne. You're always my first pick in the draft comps.

As Hesi said, I'm not going anywhere.

All power to you bud, everyone has their fav site and at least for the duration on here we have all been courteous and dignified(mostly ,ahem)so a large Bouquet for you and your efforts in starting up this site. 

On 10/9/2022 at 8:50 PM, barryb said:

Barry, does that make you boring then, being one of our most prolific tipsters. God forbid, ooops sorry. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For my three pence worth Pete has been the best person on either channel that I have had the pleasure of dealing with. 

Pete, thank goodness you haven’t really gone anywhere and whether or not it’s on here or RC, keep up the good work. 

To everyone else, try even harder and make this site a more equal one in every way. 

You will find me posting on both channels but much more often on the other one, because the debate is mostly better. 

Now that’s a statement/challenge so let’s try and make both sites as good as one another, especially this one. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the words of encouragement Buller Rep

Yep we are a bit light on racing debate, because we are only a small site

I like to think that it important for a site to also offer things such as the the the punting perspective threads, that provide some very intelligent thoughts on punting and selections, everyone has there own modus operandi.  Also punters clubs, trivia, and other topics such as the music, sport and general chat.

Each to their own, none are mutually exclusive

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 8:20 PM, Hesi said:

I'd like to get Cubes joining in PJ's comps, he was always such a character with his 3rd person narrative, but he seems well ensconced elsewhere.

Also no disrespect to anyone, but the best poster I have come across in my times on these chat forums, is Tasman Man, former part owner of Pasta Post and Changeover I think.  He seems to have fallen foul elsewhere, anyone know him

Didn’t the Auckland Trotting Club syndicate own changeover? 

Do they still run ATC syndicates and offer them to the public?

• 1 month later...

Just caught this. Sad news Pete you have left ownership here. You got it. From an IT point of view how many views, clicks etc. What makes people visit a site & what doesnt. Very sorry to see you go. Thank you!  

So Maxi is an owner now. Hope Max you dont mind the odd post I write ha. Its not too much lol.

Actually just saw in Herald about Molley re-setting an Irish bar Viaduct. Tried to find an old post I did exactly about this, yonks/months ago about this. Cant find so will leave it.

Anyway Ill be online for the next hour or so. If anyone is around to chat. 

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, Maximus said:

Max is around and watching you, karrots ...welcome back. Max is all for robust discussion, expression of opinion and sharing of info for whatever reason, as long as it involves nothing libellous or offensive.

MM

Haha good on you. Watching me. Well then you would know that I also told the people this sort of thing was happening from the CCP. Again tried to pull up the thread that I posted this on, but cant be xyz in going back and finding it. Of course the CCP are monitoring Chinese Kiwis. How thick are people. Many thick people around and sorry dont mean to be rude.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/report-of-china-run-police-station-spurs-govt-to-launch-multi-agency-probe/3V7VA7D4GNH7ROSTYFO6DX6HYI/

Anyway will be online for another 30 mins if any Harness folk are around.

Edited by karrotsishere