The Race Place

Who could it be

Hesi

15 minutes ago, brown fox said:

I googled several U.K. papers and it is right there.What are they hoping to achieve by suppressing it here.

I realise you are all mainly intelligent, switched on people(maybe Pete is not the brightest pebble on the beach), but at no stage should anyone post the name of the suppressed person.

When I posted the title of this thread, as "Who Can It Be", I was referring to who was the 63 year old on social media who posted the suppressed name.  I understand a post on a particular site, with the suppressed name, has been deleted

9 minutes ago, Hesi said:

I realise you are all mainly intelligent, switched on people(maybe Pete is not the brightest pebble on the beach), but at no stage should anyone post the name of the suppressed person.

When I posted the title of this thread, as "Who Can It Be", I was referring to who was the 63 year old on social media who posted the suppressed name.  I understand a post on a particular site, with the suppressed name, has been deleted

I can cope with being the butt of your adolescent sense of humour Alan 😄

29 minutes ago, pete said:

Unbelievable that you have to 'purchase a subscription' to get an ad free experience on BOAY.

I think everyone has probably worked out who the 63 year old is,even someone of such limited intellect as myself.

If that is the case, then they should also charge the kangaroo court running site owner for allowing it to stay up for so long

On 12/20/2019 at 8:08 PM, pete said:

Unbelievable that you have to 'purchase a subscription' to get an ad free experience on BOAY.

I think everyone has probably worked out who the 63 year old is,even someone of such limited intellect as myself.

I can tell you that purchasing a subscription does not give you an ad free experience on BOAY.

• Thanks 1

Pete and I have laboured this point ad nauseum

Total cost to run this site is $70/month, and it is worth it, to see so many happy and appreciative people, like Rex(Sir Gallivant)

Any tech probs are fixed by Invision

No default message

No 4 second delay in navigating around the site

Amen

.........................and none of those f.....ing ads, although I am tempted to join some of those dating sites, but I guess the really attractive women in the ads are just models

• Haha 2

re: name suppression of Millane killer.

Here in Bedrock, the Mustelids have struggled with the ongoing name suppression after the jury's verdict of guilty. However, one the assumption that the learned judge knows best, we must ask ourselves a question or two that may ultimately shine the Light of justice onto the Face of Depravity:

• who is the Judge trying to protect?
  • what is the Judge trying to protect?
  • why is the Judge doing this?
  •  
  • In his spare time prior to Xmas shopping, the Mustelid has speculated in his own mind that perhaps the convicted killer of Grace Millane is the subject of ongoing police enquiries not related to the Millane murder.  Revealing his identity now might jeopardise a fair trial on possible other charges?

And I do believe you are exactly right Maxi, with your last paragraph, and any lawyer will very quickly seize on this.

A bit like deciding you can go through a red light if no one is coming, then realising, there was a car coming from a direction you did not realise.

Law is the law, if you want to change it, breaching suppression orders is not the way.....some arrogant twats think it is though, the ugly side of social media

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An older reference from the NZ Law Society, but still post 2011 when the new legislation came into force

An individual knowingly or recklessly publishing suppressed details, the deliberate nature is such that you wouldn’t qualify for a fine but instead be convicted and imprisoned for up to six months