The Race Place

New Comp Starting Saturday May 20 - Lucky Seven

PWJ

LUCKY SEVEN

Hi everyone

We will give the team comps a break for a while and try something different. Okay not quite so different as we have had a very similar comp before a year or so ago over Christmas-New Year. I believe Ian won that although it was a points tally system.

This will be an INDIVIDUAL COMP. There will be 7 races each Saturday. At least 3 from NZ and at least 3 from Australia.

Three selections per race. $10 each way bet on each while $1 box quinellas and $1 box trifetcas will feature combining all 3 selections. The person with the most winnings at the end of 7 races is the weekly winner. On the last day of the comp, the weekly winners will compete against each other in a big showdown Grand Final. If someone wins more than one round then the runner-up will qualify and so on.

Kicks off next Saturday May 20.

THE RULES

1. Players. It's an individual comp. If you miss a round just join in for the next one.

2. Selections/Closing time. Competitors are required to select THREE runners per race. No subs are to be posted with your original selections. All selections should be posted at the same time although I may make allowances if this is not possible due to late arrival for posting. The comp will close 45 minutes before the first comp race. This will be firmly adhered to as I have a lot of writing up to do.

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching by making a new post clearly indicating your replacement selection(s). This may now be done any time up until 45 minutes before the first race which I will refer to as CLOSING TIME.   After this point ALL selections are LOCKED IN. Late scratchings will then go to the TAB sub if not replaced prior to closing time. Normal scratchings will NOT BE REPLACED. If you have two late scratchings one will go to the TAB sub and the other will go to the TAB 2nd win fave.

4. Investments. Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $10 each way bet. A $1 box quinella and a $1 box trifecta will combine all 3 selections. 

5. Best Bet. Each selector may choose one race each round as a "best bet" race. All $$$ earned from these races will be doubled. In the event of scratchings the same best bet (BB) will apply. There will be no transference to a subsequent race. If your best bet race is abandoned - bad luck !@

6. Elimination Card - Here's the catch ! THIS IS IMPORTANT. If you fail to collect twice - ie. from two of the comp races - during the course of they day, then you are automatically and immediately eliminated. Doesn't matter what your tally is at that point - you lose the lot ! So in other words to complete the day you are only allowed to draw one blank across the 7 races.

Any questions please ask.

• Like 1

• PWJ changed the title to New Comp Starting Saturday May 20 - Lucky Seven
  • PWJ pinned this topic

Just an update. I have been accused of blocking people from posting on this site and some unintelligible threat about tracing IPs which I have absolutely no knowledge of and wouldn't even know how to do even if I wanted to. This has gone too far. If it is not resolved in the next couple of days I will be withdrawing from the site completely and relinquishing my ownership interest. So this comp may not happen at all.

Hopefully by Wednesday it will be sorted one way or the other. I know it's all meant to be a relaxing bit of fun but being accused of actions that I have never committed really is too much. Better I depart and leave the accusers to it.

• Sad 1

Perhaps the people(s) who are making these claims can come on here and explain themselves, then APOLOGISE to PJ

I can assure them, that NO blocking of anyone goes on.  This relates to those people(s) not being able to post in PJ's Super Comp, despite everyone else being able to, and despite explicit instructions given in how to rectify this, a 15 second simple fix AND further instruction(from me) on how to get picks through to PJ if they still cannot manage to post, hardly what anyone could describe as a blocking tactic

I'm also in the dark about how tracing IP's has any relevance, to anything

2 minutes ago, brown fox said:

These P***** should just be banned no questions asked!

P.J. would be the most non_threatning person on the site.

apart from Max, of course, your friendly cuddly Mustelid...I s''pose that goes without saying, Foxy One, which is why you didn't say it. ??

By the way, where were you last night when cap'n Max hosted The Party of All Parties attended by animals of nearly all descriptions ...

MM

6 minutes ago, Maximus said:

apart from Max, of course, your friendly cuddly Mustelid...I s''pose that goes without saying, Foxy One, which is why you didn't say it. ??

By the way, where were you last night when cap'n Max hosted The Party of All Parties attended by animals of nearly all descriptions ...

MM

is  it true  the factory  workers had a revolt    against  you and belive they can beat you in comps 

39 minutes ago, zabeel said:

is  it true  the factory  workers had a revolt    against  you and belive they can beat you in comps 

Why would anyone in the Happiest Factory Of All wish to be revolting. Mr Gee?

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Just an update. I have been accused of blocking people from posting on this site and some unintelligible threat about tracing IPs which I have absolutely no knowledge of and wouldn't even know how to do even if I wanted to. This has gone too far. If it is not resolved in the next couple of days I will be withdrawing from the site completely and relinquishing my ownership interest. So this comp may not happen at all.

Hopefully by Wednesday it will be sorted one way or the other. I know it's all meant to be a relaxing bit of fun but being accused of actions that I have never committed really is too much. Better I depart and leave the accusers to it.

This whole thing is blatantly ridiculous. I've got no idea why anyone would think that any of us that are admins on here would trace IP addresses. The whole thing is so far fetched that I thought the person involved was joking when I read the correspondence.

Just for the record (and I don't know why I'm even bothering to explain this), there is no way to block someone from posting picks on here based on their IP address.

As Hesi said, we've spent a considerable amount of time investigating these completely spurious claims. Hesi identified how the problem may be occurring but no one from the group of people concerned even bothered to read the messages that were sent to try and assist.

PJ please don't let this end your participation on this site.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

MM

Would love to catch up with you and some others on here but we all know that when you finally meet somebody that you have only known online or over the phone they never look anything like you imagined.

I'm a cross between James Dean and Elvis by the way😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, brown fox said:

Would love to catch up with you and some others on here but we all know that when you finally meet somebody that you have only known online or over the phone they never look anything like you imagined.

Whereas Max looks something like this.

arnold schwarzenegger predator GIF

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, brown fox said:

yes well at least you're not dead like them!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, brown fox said:

Im neither, but I do identify as a millionaire. I went into the bank the other day and told them I identified as a millionaire and I would like to withdraw my money.

Not the most friendliest Bank response I must say. 

Never lose your sense of humour Mr Peter Jenkins, laugh this type of bullshit off, and carry on. Life is too short to waste energy on it, and there has been too many good times on here with your comps for you to give up because of some clown. Im sure your conscience would get the better of you in the end. 

And the call from all of us here "BRING BACK BUCK" would drive you nuts :classic_smile:

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Im neither, but I do identify as a millionaire. I went into the bank the other day and told them I identified as a millionaire and I would like to withdraw my money.

Not the most friendliest Bank response I must say. 

Never lose your sense of humour Mr Peter Jenkins, laugh this type of bullshit off, and carry on. Life is too short to waste energy on it, and there has been too many good times on here with your comps for you to give up because of some clown. Im sure your conscience would get the better of you in the end. 

And the call from all of us here "BRING BACK BUCK" would drive you nuts :classic_smile:

That is the mystifying thing, this person(s) are good people, but some of the things being suggested by them are ridiculous and just plain wrong

I'm not above publishing the correspondence if an apology to PJ is not forthcoming, to illustrate this

• Like 2

Okay, won't publish the correspondence, but the gist of it

1.  This person is suggesting we are blocking them from entering PJ's comp, and they won't enter comps in future that they are blocked from, yet have not responded as to why then, for the past few weeks I have put up announcements on what to do for anyone still having difficulty posting

2.  That we are tracing IP addresses for some nefarious reason, that no one in admin has any idea what is being suggested

3.  That captains are in collusion to pick this person last in draft comps, when on checking they have been picked mid field in the last 2 draft comps, which is probably a reflection on how they have done in previous comps.  Anyone who has been a captain will know, that selection strategy is closely guarded, and never discussed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sir Castleton said:

That's my better half on my left shoulder. The only player I'm scared off in this upcoming comp should it go ahead. No if's and buts. Sir C and Jenlove in the flesh baby!

Handsome couple - thank you Roland & Jen

• Like 1

Hey, that's my Special Friend, the one and only Jenlove, Queen of the Wuffies and one of the Few People who can repeatedly tolerate Max as their captain!

Lovely to meet you (both)!

MM

PS: Photo below of Max on a bad day.

Max crying.jpg

• Like 1