SUMMER-AUTUMN CHAMPIONSHIP 3rd PLACE PLAYOFF
Warning: this post may contain unashamedly biased commentary

Comp Race 7 - Randwick R7

1st - 3 Broadsiding W-$3.40

2nd - 2 Linebacker Q-$7.00

Scr: nil

1 KAOS (3rd) 343.20

4 STYX (4th) 558.40

The CHAOS continues as Robert, Our Maizcay, Gordy (Q), Smiler (Q) and Howie (Q) all cash in on the easy winner. Only Midnight Caller and Stevie N reply for KAOS.  

23 Ray
72 Robert

61 Sasha
133 Our Maizcay 

57 Stevie N
109 Gordy 

202.20 Midnight Caller
135.40 Smiler

0 Ziggy
109 Howie

7. Randwick R7 - 5.00pm - Moet & Chandon Champagne Stks (Gr1) - $1m, 1600m, 2yos SWs

First:   3  Broadsiding  $3.40

Quin:  3/2  Linebacker  $7.00

Sub:  7 Manaal

Scrs:  All Started

The Too Darn Hot Godolphin colt was too darn good in the heavy conditions, out of a Street Cry mare in Speedway and was a popular selection for both teams, Quinellas for PJ, Jack and Rex, with a collect for BC for Old Mate, and Craig, Pete and BS adding $34 to their totals for Showtime!   Jack's quinnie has broken the deadlock with BS and evens it up at 2 all with three to go! 🙂   All eyes on the BC - Craig match!

Old Mate … 699.6   … Matches:  2
Showtime … 664   … Matches:  2
        Sels next race:
248.4 … PJ     12,13  
76 … Harewood   8,12  

46 … Richie   1,12  
122 … Maria   9,10  

71 … Jack     9,10  
57 … Blind Squirrel   8,9  

201.2 … Rex     8,10  
276 … YO Pete   1,10  

133 … Black Caviar   9,11  
133 … Craig   3,11  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

7. Randwick R7 - 5.00pm - Moet & Chandon Champagne Stks (Gr1) - $1m, 1600m, 2yos SWs

First:   3  Broadsiding  $3.40

Quin:  3/2  Linebacker  $7.00

Sub:  7 Manaal

Scrs:  All Started

The Too Darn Hot Godolphin colt was too darn good in the heavy conditions, out of a Street Cry mare in Speedway and was a popular selection for both teams, Quinellas for PJ, Jack and Rex, with a collect for BC for Old Mate, and Craig, Pete and BS adding $34 to their totals for Showtime!   Jack's quinnie has broken the deadlock with BS and evens it up at 2 all with three to go! 🙂   All eyes on the BC - Craig match!

Old Mate … 699.6   … Matches:  2
Showtime … 664   … Matches:  2
        Sels next race:
248.4 … PJ     12,13  
76 … Harewood   8,12  

46 … Richie   1,12  
122 … Maria   9,10  

71 … Jack     9,10  
57 … Blind Squirrel   8,9  

201.2 … Rex     8,10  
276 … YO Pete   1,10  

133 … Black Caviar   9,11  
133 … Craig   3,11  

Looking like the battle for champion honours is still wide open

SUMMER-AUTUMN CHAMPIONSHIP 3rd PLACE PLAYOFF
Warning: this post may contain unashamedly biased commentary

Comp Race 8 - Randwick R8

1st - 11 Magic Time W-$7.30

2nd - 7 Amenable Q-$236.10

Scr: 2

1 KAOS (3rd) 343.20

4 STYX (4th) 558.40

Another swing and miss in this low scoring affair.  

23 Ray
72 Robert

61 Sasha
133 Our Maizcay 

57 Stevie N
109 Gordy 

202.20 Midnight Caller
135.40 Smiler

0 Ziggy
109 Howie

Edited by Rayzor

8. Randwick R8 - 5.40pm - Schweppes All Aged Stks (Gr1) - $1.5m, 1400m, WFA

First:  11  Magic Time  $7.30

Quin:  11/7  Amenable  $236.10

Sub:  9 Espiona

Scr:    2  LS

The Grahame Begg trained mare, Magic Time, was too strong in the very heavy track conditions and only the outsider of the field, the Lonhro gelding Amenable was up to the challenge, trying hard for his recently departed sire.    Both BC and Craig found the winner which means they are still locked up in their head to head battle.    No change.

Old Mate … 772.6   … Matches:  2
Showtime … 737   … Matches:  2
        Sels next race:
248.4 … PJ     6,12  
76 … Harewood   3,16  

46 … Richie   12,15  
122 … Maria   3,8  

71 … Jack     9,16  
57 … Blind Squirrel   3,12  

201.2 … Rex     8,12  
276 … YO Pete   3,9*  

206 … Black Caviar   9,16  
206 … Craig   3,13  

Edited by Dancing Show
  • Like 2

Good, I can go and have a drink

Well done Maxis, just a bit too good for us today

I can only presume the Reapers have been stepping on too many graves and have become hexed, never mind lol

Thanks to Ian, SS, Tassie and Tonka, we aged badly unlike good wine but that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Thanks for another great comp PJ, hope you are recovering.  It is a mission just half pie doing one match!! A disappointing end to the comp with all the abandonments

See you all at the Lucky 7

• Like 5

8. Countback. If a head-to-head contest is a tie on $$$ earned then a countback will determine the winner by award victory to the player who uniquely selected the highest placed horse in the final event. In other words if you both selected the same horse that cancels itself out. It would be the two selections which are different which will determine the tie-breaker. If the selections are the same for the final event then the same parameter will apply to the penultimate race and so on.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Well, not sure what's happening now 🙂   I'll leave it for Peter to advise, but a close match all day and a good go by both teams.

It is a countback. Pity we lost 3 races. Well done BC. Thank you Maria for your expert scoring today and also the others who took on the burden. 

• Like 5

Well done Old Mate!  Congratulations on taking out the final 🥂

Showtime! so close and a beaut effort chaps.  Each week someone has stepped up to keep us in the hunt and it's been a real team effort 🤗    You are all winners in my eyes and it's been a pleasure to be your el captiano! 🙂 

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Well, not sure what's happening now 🙂   I'll leave it for Peter to advise, but a close match all day and a good go by both teams.

Invercargill Harness tomorrow. Race 7 & 8  ---anyone . ??

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well that 7 race bronze play-off match turned out to be a bit of an anti-climax but congrats to STYX for doing just that to us as my poor overworked team limped out of the comp on the back of 3 consecutive losses.

Sasha, Stevie N, Zig & Midnight Caller it was a real pleasure having you guys in KAOS. When we were hot we were sizzling. Congrats MC for being the top individual scorer over the whole comp too.

Your captain is leaving the building.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Cheers BC for the match ,

Bugger of a way to lose but well done,

As I said in an earlier post , the splash back in Rand R8 was IMO pretty bloody awful,

Really enjoyed being part of Showtime , Captain Maria & teammates were just great.

On a positive I got $4 bucks of the quaddie!!!!!!

Cheers PJ , hope you will be well soon , Food poisining then gastroenterisis in a short time is not good.

Cheers everyone.

• Like 7

Congrats, PJ, BC, Jack, Richie & Rex (Old Mates) on winning the Grand Final.
You guys played very well throughout the comp, and although your win today was narrow it was certainly well-deserved.
Hard luck, Maria & Showtime. Well played again, and you went so very, very close. 2nd place a great achievement.

Thanks Ray for your message of congratulations to our team Styx in finishing 3rd.
It was a strange ole day with abandonments both sides of the Tasman.
Kaos was the benchmark for much of the comp, and you and your team can be very pleased with your massive contribution to what was another first-class PJ comp.

Thanks to my Styx guys Our Maizcay, Gordy, Robert, and Smiler. This was one of the best teams I've ever been associated with, and I thank all four of you for your marvellous contributions to the team. 

I hope you're well soon, PJ. Another first-class comp provided by you for all our entertainment and enjoyment. And you won the comp as well ! 🙂. Is there anything you can't do ?
Many, many thanks, PJ.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Rayzor said:

Well that 7 race bronze play-off match turned out to be a bit of an anti-climax but congrats to STYX for doing just that to us as my poor overworked team limped out of the comp on the back of 3 consecutive losses.

Sasha, Stevie N, Zig & Midnight Caller it was a real pleasure having you guys in KAOS. When we were hot we were sizzling. Congrats MC for being the top individual scorer over the whole comp too.

Your captain is leaving the building.....

thanks for the score updates today Ray, top notch

see you in Turbos training camp

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Howard Atkinson said:

Thanks to my Styx guys Our Maizcay, Gordy, Robert, and Smiler. This was one of the best teams I've ever been associated with, and I thank all four of you for your marvellous contributions to the team. 

thanks Howie, i really enjoyed being part of your team, you certainly add a lot to these great comps with your banter and your positive nature

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1