SEMI-FINALS - Sat Apr 13

Comp Race 10 - Randwick R9

1st - 2 Zougotcha W-$3.20

2nd - 1 Atishu Q-$4.50

Scr: 8,17

SUMMER-AUTUMN CHAMPIONSHIP SEMI-FINALS

3 OLD MATE (2nd) 1094.40

2 STYX(3rd) 1192.00

A dramatic finish beyond belief ! The Waller winner tipped by all bar Smiler and Old Mate trio PJ, Jack and Black Caviar with BB quinellas for Styx trio Robert, Gordy and Our Maizcay but it just was not quite enough as Robert failed to run down PJ by a mere 20 cents ! AHIPE never meant more ! Great game Styx and good luck in the 3rd place playoff. Man of the Match was Styxter Gordy while Rex edged Richie for Old Mate MVP honours.

225.60 Jack

198.80 Our Maizcay

233.80 Richie

270.60 Howie

185.20 Black Caviar

167.80 Smiler

205 PJ

204.80 Robert

242.80 Rex

350 Gordy

2 KAOS (1st) 1001.20

3 SHOWTIME (4th) 1328.20

Showtime had it won before the last where they all missed. Ziggy (with a BB), Sasha and Midnight caller all tipped the J mac winner. Ziggy was KAOS MVP while Paul pipped Craig for Man of the Match honours. A terrific effort from Showtime who took over in race 4 and grimly held on to make the Grand Final.

173.60 Stevie N

484.60 Paul

46.80 Sasha

209.80 Blind Squirrel

346.60 Ziggy

119 Punter Pete

161.80 Ray 

64 Maria

272.40 Midnight Caller

450.80 Craig

PRESIDENTS SEMI-FINALS

4 SEAGULLS (5th) 1830.00

1 MAX FACTORY (8th) 457.60

The Seagulls did a Pride of Jenni and had it wrapped up a long way from home with a big aggregate so avoid the dreaded Wooden Spoon playoff. Max Factory had a lean day and they all missed in the last for the 5th time today. All the Gulls bar Steve P found the Zoustar winner with Pete adding a BB. Captain Max was Factory MVP while Maurice was an impressive Man of the Match.

544.40 Maurice

11 Gee

317.80 Rees

0 Barb

343.40 Pete

105 Lightning Blue

467.60 Graeme

178.60 Max

156.80 Steve P

163 Rob

3 MAGIC (6th) 897.20

2 REAPERS (7th) 1042.60

Olentia could not get into the finish and Tropical Squall faded in the straight so Magic held on to make the Presidents Final. The winning fave in the last tipped by all bar Tonka and Magic duo Jammo and Heather with BBs added by Porky and Hesi while opponents Anita and Ian snagged the quinella and Sharne added a BB quinella. Captain Ian was Reaper MVP while his opponent Anita was Match Star for the victors. 

69.80 Heather

184.40 Tonka

327.80 Anita

251.80 Ian

198.80 Sharne

145 Secret Squirrel

11 Jamison

224 Hesi

289.80 Porky

237.40 Tassie Tiger

Well done Sharne and the Magic, just got your nose in front when it counted.

Bad luck team, we never played well enough to take this comp out, that's life, it's only a fun game.

Commiserations to Styx and Kaos, you were by far the 2 best teams for most of the comp, but that is the beauty/tragedy of this fine format, set the standard all the way, but sudden death sees you both playing for 3rd and 4th.  Heart breaking especially for Styx and Robert, to almost pull it out of the fire but come up short by a meagre 20 cents

Thanks again PJ for the fun, much appreciated

• Like 5

STATS

Best Scores
544.40 Maurice
484.60 Paul
467.60 Graeme
450.80 Craig
350.00 Gordy

Worst Scores 

69.80 Heather

64.00 Maria

11.00 Jamison

11.00 Gee

0.00 Barb

Most Wins

7 Graeme

6 Maurice

6 Ziggy

6 Rees

Most Quinellas

3 Black Caviar

3 Anita

2 Maurice

3 Midnight Caller

Biggest Winning Margin

544.40 Maurice

11.00 Gee

Narrowest Winning Margin
205.00 PJ

204.80 Robert

Highest Losing Score

272.40 Midnight Caller

Lowest Winning Score
161.80 Ray

GRAND FINAL DAY DRAW - Sat Apr 20

We visit Riccarton, Ellerslie and Randwick

SUMMER-AUTUMN CHAMPIONSHIP GRAND FINAL

OLD MATE vs SHOWTIME

PJ v Paul

Richie v Maria

Jack v Blind Squirrel

Rex v Punter Pete

Black Caviar v Craig

SUMMER-AUTUMN CHAMPIONSHIP 3rd PLACE PLAYOFF

KAOS vs STYX

Ziggy v Howie

Midnight Caller v Smiler

Stevie N v Gordy

Ray v Robert

Sasha v Our Maizcay

PRESIDENTS FINAL

SEAGULLS vs MAGIC

Graeme v Sharne

Pete v Anita

Steve P v Jamison

Maurice v Heather

Rees  v Porky

WOODEN SPOON SHOOTOUT

MAX FACTORY vs REAPERS

Max v Ian

Rob v Hesi

Gee v Secret Squirrel

Barb v Tassie Tiger

Lightning Blue v Tonka

Congrats Maria & Showtime. Well deserved win today. 👏 A similar performance next week will see you go very close to taking out this comp. All the best. 👍

To Kaos, best team in the round robin, just couldn't keep it going into the finals. Fantastic team to be a part of. Thoroughly enjoyed it guys. 👊

Its going to he hard getting up for the bronze medal match (aka losers final) but I'm sure Howie will bring out the best in us. 🙂

• Like 6

Cheers for the match KAOS,  Ziggy shout out to you with a beaut total on a not so easy day 🥂 ..  it was a great match, with some close race finishes, other than Jenni's 🙂    

but... I can't wipe the smile off my face 🙂   because I'm so proud of my team.. every week someone has stepped up with a beaut score to pull us through and showstoppers we have been for a number of teams in this comp and on we roll 🙂    Win or lose next week, it's been a blast troops 🥂

Catch ya next week Old Mates!!   Grand Final!!   woohoo  🥂💃

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Well done and hearty congratulations PJ. Black Caviar, Jack, Richie and Rex on your Ole Mates victory today over us team Styx. 👏
It was a nail-biting finish truly befitting of a Semi-Final, and all players did the occasion proud with excellent performances.
We won't be crying over going down by 20c only - team Ole Mates has a 3 from 3 record over our team Styx this campaign, so we can hardly say we were unlucky. Pleased to have run you so very, very close in the vital match. Very deserving winners, Ole Mates.
Hard luck my guys - Gordy, Our Maizcay, Smiler and Robert. An excellent team that always featured prominently in the 'Magnificent Seven' list . . . we gave this comp a very good shake, and now look forward to finishing this thing off in style in the 3rd/4th play-off next Saturday.
Has been a 'dream team' to captain - never anything to sort out or anyone to chase up. The perfect team-mates. Well. . . 20c short of being the perfect team-mates. 😁
Thanks for another great PJ Comp day, champ PJ ! Always entertaining and a whole lot of fun, win or lose. 👏 
Still with me, Rees ? 😉

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Rayzor said:

Congrats Maria & Showtime. Well deserved win today. 👏 A similar performance next week will see you go very close to taking out this comp. All the best. 👍

To Kaos, best team in the round robin, just couldn't keep it going into the finals. Fantastic team to be a part of. Thoroughly enjoyed it guys. 👊

Its going to he hard getting up for the bronze medal match (aka losers final) but I'm sure Howie will bring out the best in us. 🙂

Thanks so much Ray 🙂    All you need to do is play your natural game and bring some KAOS and you'll guide the bronze home 🙂 💃

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Cheers for the match KAOS,  Ziggy shout out to you with a beaut total on a not so easy day 🥂 ..  it was a great match, with some close race finishes, other than Jenni's 🙂    

but... I can't wipe the smile off my face 🙂   because I'm so proud of my team.. every week someone has stepped up with a beaut score to pull us through and showstoppers we have been for a number of teams in this comp and on we roll 🙂    Win or lose next week, it's been a blast troops 🥂

Catch ya next week Old Mates!!   Grand Final!!   woohoo  🥂💃

Well done, Maria and your team Showtime on making the Grand Final !
A grand effort.
Good luck for next Saturday. 🙂

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Howard Atkinson said:

Well done, Maria and your team Showtime on making the Grand Final !
A grand effort.
Good luck for next Saturday. 🙂

Thanks so much Howie 🙂   So close for you guys but that's not much consolation I know... you just need to counter the KAOS next week ...   I'm sure you've got a cunning Howard plan in the offing  🙂 🥂  Go the S men 🙂 

• Like 3

The theory was Howie, that you finished 1st and us 4th (it could still have easily happened as we were a definite contender to make 4th last week despite our poor form), and today we beat you, to go onto the final

Then I woke up lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

20 minutes ago, Hesi said:

The theory was Howie, that you finished 1st and us 4th (it could still have easily happened as we were a definite contender to make 4th last week despite our poor form), and today we beat you, to go onto the final

Then I woke up lol

Then you woke up and realised it was all just KAOS and some other extrovert performers who just wanted to monopolise every scene and steal the show 🙂 

• Like 1