The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

This week it's the Scottish  Open, with a high class field teeing off for this one! Paying EW T8 in Europe  and  US.

4.5pt spend with....

Hatton 22/1(Scotland) and  Harmen 15/1 (US) E/W

Alice Hewson E/W T10 @ 90/1 on the Challenge Tour

Scatter gun 1st round leader:Hatton Wiesberger Poulter Crocker Westwood Sullivan Bland Conners Rozner Armitage  Dubuission Hebert 

US: Harmen  Na  Frittelli Streelman  Kim Wise Putnam Lewis Kordaira

For the multi  takers,Rahm and the 1st three from each group above with Pedersen Thitikul Hull and  Hewson .

Good luck,   chat and selections welcome .

Au Revoir 

Edited by Midnight Caller

Westwood gets pipped on the post @90/1 by a 500/1 shot for first round  leader and nobody  close in US.

Look at early tee off players (-2 and upwards)for round two as they have perfect conditions this morning, with showers and light winds forecast for this afternoon at the  Scottish Open. 

On 7/11/2021 at 9:27 PM, Midnight Caller said:

The fast finishing finishing  Herbert 10/1 looks the value in Scotland today

What are your early thoughts on the British Open?

Is it coming home? 😂 At least, if the poms bring out phrase this week it will makes more sense than the rubbish spouted by their football hooligans.

Hoshino as top Asian at 9s

Rozner as top Frenchmen at 3s

27 to 1. 

Not sure who will win the whole thing.

• Like 1

Results  from last week.

Harmen disappointed by not even making  the cut.Hatton put together 2 1/2 good rounds, but not good enough for a collect with his T18 finish. So it down to Miss Hewson @90/1 playing on her home course to balance the books.A slow start in the first round of the 54 hole contest, but played really well in the next two round for a T10 finish @ 9/1. After all that, we finish  1/2 pt on the right side of the ledger!

For anyone taking  muiltis  last week,  we had six T10 finishes, with the top  four player combo paying 490/1

Good to have you on board Happy! I was feeling a bit like Thoma talking to myself!

Big week with the British  Open kicking off on the Links course at Sandwich  Bay .

As expected ,a top field lines up on a course (wind gets up in the afternoons)that on the first two days should favour the early tee offs.

Not much course  form to go on as they haven't  played here since 2011, with Clarke a surprise winner and the only hole he will be interested  in this time round is the 19th! Rory is just not mentally there and Johnson is struggling with form.

Selections were made on Saturday to get some value before prices started to fall after the Scottish  Open. 

Reduced my investment to keep within budget and have pretty much looked outside the favs and have settled for stable runners of value!

Hatton  Poulter  Palmer  Lowry  Herbert     Roughie this week Rai @ 300/1 who had a couple of practice rounds there a few weeks ago.

Scatter gun 1st round, I have gone for mainly early tee offs and value.

Players above with Grace  McIntyre   Koepka  Berger  Armitage   Bland  Sullivan Wallace Lee.

For the multi takers, I have got it down to a 6 - 4 -5 split .Chose from...

Hatton  Herbert   Poulter   Palmer Lowry  Koepka

USA:  Taylor  Lewis  Power Werenski

Europe LPGA: Thitikul   Babnik Hewson  Nuutinen (home course) Schmidt

Come in VC!

Good luck 

On 7/13/2021 at 2:56 AM, Happy Sunrise said:

What are your early thoughts on the British Open?

Is it coming home? 😂 At least, if the poms bring out phrase this week it will makes more sense than the rubbish spouted by their football hooligans.

Hoshino as top Asian at 9s

Rozner as top Frenchmen at 3s

27 to 1. 

Not sure who will win the whole thing.

Keen on Hatton again Happy! If he can put three good rounds together,  he will be right in it! His -6 and approach play on the last day at the Scottish Open was encouraging .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Midnight Caller said:

Wallace

Matt Wallace (101) could be happy to be back home and perform. He did well on the pga tour a few tournaments ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see him up the leaderboard early on.

My other first round leader bolters are Noren 81, Van Rooyen 126 and Catlin.

Catlin has been going great guns on the European Tour and I figure while the big boys try to find their feet in the conditions in Round 1, Catlin could be the surprise at 151.

As for Rory, he has gone too zen and all nice to win. He needs to go back to his younger days and show a bit more bloody mindedness in his attitude.  Once the round is over he can go and meditate 😁

1 hour ago, Midnight Caller said:

Hatton

There is a man with an attitude and a desire to win. Crowd would go nuts supporting him if he was in with a chance.

12 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Matt Wallace (101) could be happy to be back home and perform. He did well on the pga tour a few tournaments ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see him up the leaderboard early on.

My other first round leader bolters are Noren 81, Van Rooyen 126 and Catlin.

Catlin has been going great guns on the European Tour and I figure while the big boys try to find their feet in the conditions in Round 1, Catlin could be the surprise at 151.

As for Rory, he has gone too zen and all nice to win. He needs to go back to his younger days and show a bit more bloody mindedness in his attitude.  Once the round is over he can go and meditate 😁

There is a man with an attitude and a desire to win. Crowd would go nuts supporting him if he was in with a chance.

Good solid last round in Scotland by Wallace and Noren doesn't  seem to mind a Links course. Don't  know much about Hoshino, but that Asian Market  is pretty close.I see my favourite  named player from the Japanese  Tour,  Kinoshita has flown in, @10/1 for a T40 finish would look the go for me.

Three English players lead the tee off 6:35 am  GMT

• Like 1

Links course playing tough this morning. Even par may well be a good score in the first round.Hoping last weeks selection  Harman isn't  at the top of the leaderboard  at the end of play!

Korn Ferry kicks off in a couple of hours, so suggest these players for the multi takers.

Kohles  Drewitt  Albertson Yu Hall

During Rd1, I couldn't resist Harmen  £10 @40/1  and also 2nd Rd leader.

Harrington to win his 3 ball in rd 2 looked a stand out!

Nothing  from first round leader, course is tripping a few up(mainly my selections),-1 or even par looks like the cut mark.Kinoshita 😁has an outside chance of making the cut.

13 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

During Rd1, I couldn't resist Harmen  £10 @40/1  and also 2nd Rd leader.

Harrington to win his 3 ball in rd 2 looked a stand out!

Nothing  from first round leader, course is tripping a few up(mainly my selections),-1 or even par looks like the cut mark.Kinoshita 😁has an outside chance of making the cut.

Afternoon players got the best of it it seemed.

I hope Louis wins as he would be deserving. Unfortunately, sentiment doesn't count for much on a links course in a major.

Speith was the only player of the 3 winning  chances of any value and the first five holes were crucial  for success!Unfortunately he started with 3 pars and 2 bogeys, which sealed his fate despite a round of 66.

I've  made a bit of cash off Morikawa  in the past and he is always on my shortlist. The unconvincing T70 finish at the semi Links Scottish Open swayed me to drop him as a contender.Never again, as this guy seems to be able to play nearly every  type of course!

After "stopping " everything  that moved (apart from Harringtons 3 ball) for the 3 days, day 4 was actually good to me. Down 1 1/2 pts going  into  the last round, we manage to secure collects from Lowry and a T20 finish for Rai gave  us  just under a 2 pt surprise profit.For the muilti takers ,I think there was 6 T10 finishers with Hewson again having another  big final round.

This week we are off to the lovely Celtic Manor course in Wales.

Not far away from tee offs in France and Wales!

France: It can be a tricky course, so it's  all about Jin -Young Ko  this week.1st and muilti takers should look at Kupcho  Henderson  Kim HJ  Kang , two bigger prices in Munoz and Pedersen. 

Wales:Ramsey  for me has been bubbling away  nicely  of late and should be fresh to attack Celtic Manor. Could have taken about 20 players but have gone with.1st round Ramsey  Jacquelin  Harding  Horsfield   Van Tonder  Rai  Jordon  Senior  Horsey, and bigger prices Pulkkanen and Shinkwin. Muilti  players take the 1st five .

USA: There is no standout  here, so 1st round Leboida  McIntyre    Davis  Herbert  Wolf  Hadwin  Champ  An  Van Rooyen . Muilti  takers 1st five

Good Luck

No first round leader yesterday, Pedersen came agonisingly  close @125/1  by  lipping out at the par 5  15th which would have taken her to -4  and then an Eagle at the 18th, left her one shot shy of the lead.

Today, for  an interest we are having a play in the highest 2nd round score market. 

In France we are taking Pedersen  Kim HJ  Thitikul  Popov   Ko and 2nd Rd leader the 1st three.

Wales   Horsfield and 2nd Rd leader

Seniors Open   Els and 2nd Rd leader 

All the best

Got a bit lucky the week  before, but the golf gods weren't  giving up anything last week for a 3-1/2 pt loss.

This week we visit   Japan and Ireland

Japan: Cam Smith , 1st round and muilti takers Matsuyama  Morikawa  Munoz

Ireland: Catlin- I was saving him for Spain/Portugal, but this course suits. Hill  Senior  Antcliffe  Chesters

LPGA: Thitikul  Hull  Hall Oh  Salas

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

She has a massive future. Thai golf is going from strength to strength at the moment.

Sure does Happy! Slightly  unorthodox  swing and putting style, but is super consistent. Multi anchor all day long on the European Tour. 

Plenty of tournaments this week.

Japan: Tavatanakit and for the multi takers Kang  Ko  Hataoka  Maguire  Pedersen 

St