The Race Place

Golf

Midnight Caller

I  am pleased  with the way everyone  has started. Smiths double bogey  at the 18th hurt a little, but outside  the plan I found comfort in Im being first round leader. As you advised  VC, day 2 could be the chance for the earlier tee off times to  play their way into the tournament. Those back 9 holes are playing hardball!

I thought Woods played pretty well considering. One player  of note who was making hard work of his round but managed to scramble well, and has an earlier tee today is Hovland.

Did you back Conners in the end VC? Good steady start .

Good luck  Craig, your man leads the way.

Nothing for me today except  a couple of smalls at Aintree. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, brown fox said:

I settled on Smith and Speith.

Speith seems well of his game but hopefully can pick up tomorrow and eventually finish in the top 20 to at least get me a bonus bet😒

Speith left a few out there, still well in it, 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

Did you back Conners in the end VC? Good steady start .

No didn’t back him, my main bet is Smith to beat Thomas

Having watched the majority of Round 1 I thought Smith and Scheffler are the two to beat, both play in the afternoon round 2 so that could be interesting 

• Like 1

Played out to form in the end MC.  No 1 wins, and old seasoned veteran makes it to 2.

Not a big golf fan, kept an eye on the leaderboard, but understand that golf is like cricket(which I am a fan of), all about upstairs and holding your nerve.  Lots of golfers around the world who can hit the ball 350m at a driving range.

1 hour ago, brown fox said:

Did I miss something? I understood that if your fancy didn't win but finished in the top 20 you got a bonus bet.I only had a fiver on so no drama but wouldnt be the first time I've misread.(onset dementia?)😏

It could possibly be for your first bet only on the Masters so if you placed your first bet as $5 win on Jordan Spieth then the rest of your win bets wouldn’t come into consideration 

Also under terms and conditions if you live within 10ks of black sand your bonus bets are void as they only use white sand at Augusta National 

Edited by VC!
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, brown fox said:

Did I miss something? I understood that if your fancy didn't win but finished in the top 20 you got a bonus bet.I only had a fiver on so no drama but wouldnt be the first time I've misread.(onset dementia?)😏

NZ Tab Foxy? Does anyone  know what they paid down to in the ew market? T6- T8 -T10?

10 hours ago, Hesi said:

Played out to form in the end MC.  No 1 wins, and old seasoned veteran makes it to 2.

Not a big golf fan, kept an eye on the leaderboard, but understand that golf is like cricket(which I am a fan of), all about upstairs and holding your nerve.  Lots of golfers around the world who can hit the ball 350m at a driving range.

A good weekend for me Hesi.Anyone could probably back the World #1, but @25/1,  I thought was a wee coo  value wise. It was an up and down Masters for me and a slight bitter sweet win with the Scheff, as Smith  would have doubled the return. 

Collects from Scheffler, Smith  and Zalatoris. Loses on Johnson, small loses on Straka(Debutant +T30)Matsuyama (cut), for a 38pt profit. Mrs M has already spent most of it with a trip to the island of Menorca! But that's  what it is there for. No time basking  in the glory! This week  we take a short trip from Augusta to the coast of Sth Carolina for the RBC Heritage

• Like 1

A few tournaments  on this week.

Just putting a few selections  for the muilti takers . RBC HERITAGE singles  out tomorrow. 

LPGA kicks off in an hour, Korn Ferry early tees are underway but my two selections are late tees.We also head to Japan to try and pump those multis/yankee.

Korn Ferry: We are going for two servings  of Korean with An 35/1  S H Kim 30/1

LPGA: Henderson Thitikul  Maguire

Japan: Kinoshita + Hoshino

RBC Heritage: Morikawa  Smith Im Si Woo Kim  

RBC Heritage: I changed my mind this morning, and for sake of a pt we have thrown  Lowry in with the original  attack.

Morikawa  Smith Lowry all win only.

Ew is another Korean  two prong attack with Im and S W Kim

Great roughie value Cink 125  and Kanaya 250.

Apologies  to Straka last week, on checking my paper ticket on him ,he finished on +5 ,not +6 as I thought so creeper into a T30 finish to give us just over 1/2pt to add to our winnings.

Well done on the Smith collect VC.

Good luck if you are having  a flutter 

Lowrys double bogey and then missing an 8 footer at the 17th put paid to his charge with a T3 finish.We only had him to win(maybe an oversite by me)and others didn't  really fire, so a 4pt loss for the week. 

This week, we have a pairs event  in the US and a tricky little course  in Spain with a wide open market. 

USA: The two Aussies are contenders but at single figures I will have to pass. Horschel/Burns and Bradley/Steele also have form here, so have settled for  them.

Spain: First of two weeks in Spaon for the European  Tour and they play a tricky course with only two par5s with lots of water hazards. Straight iron play could be key, although  big hitters like N Hojgaard and Fox could gobble up the Par 4s if they stay out of the water.

We are going with course form of players who have played here on the Challenge  Tour and at the  qualifying tournaments for European Tour cards.

All at good value

Catlin- Likes the Spanish/Portuguese courses 

Helligkilde-Winner and  placed here before and starting to be more consistent. 

Brun- Placed here and hitting  form at the right time. 

Spend 5pts

Bigger prices with form here  du Plessis  Hanna  Tarrio  Goveia. Ist round leader market in Spain is huge value with Favs starting at 40/1

Multi hunters, also pick and choose from 

LPGA-  Ko  Thitikul M Lee  Shibuno 

Japan- Hoshino  Kinoshita (both did well last week)

Champions Tour- Alker  Goosen

RP     EW Yankee  Horschel/Burns  Helligkilde  Lee  Alker.

6 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

A steady start by most of the selections. With 6 players  still to finish  their 1st round in Spain, its n nervous times for -6 1st Rnd leaders Du Plessis  and Pulkkanen 🤞

Lemke is now the only player who can take the 1st Rnd honours, and upset my apple cart. But he needs an Eagle at the 18th.