Midnight Caller

24 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Hi MC

With the Players on this week I've sorted my 3 players with a 5er on each

J Speith @ 34

S Im  @ 41

P Reid @ 131

Hopefully they make the cut ✂️ 

Good luck Craig, this tournament is wide open with no real strengths (off the tee,putting etc)dominating this course.This could come down to cranium job! Speith and Im are definite contenders, Reed is at his biggest price for a long time,he has had a few issues  of late  mainly in the head.

All the best

• Like 1

This week we are still in Florida for the Valspar Championship looking for 3 wins in as many weeks.

Settled on Morikawa - Hovland - Bezuidenhout from the 6 player  shortlist that included Hadwin,Johnson and Fitzpatrick 

South Africa: Again from a shortlist of 6, I went  for a bit more value with...   Smith - Hansen - Lombard. Shortlist  Armitage,Coetzee,Bekker.

Albertse T20 @14/1 has won here as an amateur. 

Lots of tournaments this week, so those keen on a e/w trebles, suggestions...

Ciganda, Hewson, Pedersen in the Saudi Laides. Uihlein,An,Cole on the Korn Ferry tour

Good Luck

Plenty of tournaments this week.

USA: Match play doesn't  really interest  me ,but both  Scheffler and Horschel are strong match play players and good value, small £ to win  tournament. 

Qatar Masters: Smith - Harding - Pepperell 

Big value Valimaki and Canizares

Corales Puntacana: Lashley - Lipsky - Rai

Those looking for multi runners

US LPGA:  Ko JY - Kang - Hataoka 

Korn Ferry: An

Joburg Open : Value=  Hewson

My £1 ew multi/yankee for the week:

Scheffler - Harding - Lashley - Ko JY

Acca= 150k  Yankee= max 91k 😁

Good luck 

Edited by Midnight Caller

Hoping to finish  this good month on a high!

I rate Mcllroy and Ko JY (LPGA) top chances this week, but those skinny odds aren't  for me on the outright, they will definitely  be in the multi assault. 

USA: Ancer 22/1- playing his home course and showing some solid form by taking some good scalps in the matchplay last week. 

Riley 66/1- have taken this guy a few times on the Korn Ferry Tour, and has now played his way into the PGA. Highly  talent and won here 2020 on the KFT. He is also 11/2 T10. Shortlist Hadwin, Kirk and obviously  Mcllroy. Big value Shortlist Hojgaard, Hoffman,  Glover.

Roughie is the Texan based Kiwi Danny Lee @175/1

LPGA: Going for a little value with Thitikul 20/1  and Tavatanakit 22/1. Shortlist obviously Ko JY, Lee M , L Ko

Only other single is in SA Championship, where I'm  sticking with Alice Hewson 16/1 who I've been tracking and has won here 2 years ago on her first start as a Pro.

Outside the betting plan I will be having a few muiltis. 

This week's RP ew muilti/yankee:

Muilti: Mcllroy  Ko JY  Harrington Ritchie 

Yankee: Riley Thitikul  Jimenez Hewson 

Hoping these help,Good luck      Masters next week, come in VC.

• Like 1

Great stuff MC good luck with those bets

My golf investments this week

Iv'e taken Corey Conners to beat A Ancer in a H2H little concerned now you've picked him and Lydia to beat Sexy Lexi

Iv'e also entered a team in Draftstars for the Valero Open

Yeah the Masters next week, can't wait Iv'e put a few $$$ aside to squander on a shitload of different outcomes

#1 Cam Smith has had a nice freshen up with his family going over to visit him he's just going from strength to strength, T10th last year and T2nd the year before destroyed Kapalua earlier in the year, and a last start winner

#2 Xander Schuaffele is always knocking on the door at Augusta, one day he's gonna knock that door down

#3 Colin Morikawa has the game  somehow I envisage him up there this year, this could well be his year

I will see how Corey Conners plays this week he played well at Augusta last year

Great VC! Ancer a late scratching, and with the way the draw has panned out Conners is a strong contender for the title this weekend. 

Those wanting to playing the 2nd Rnd leader/ top score of the 2nd Rnd, early tee offs definitely  have the advantage, with winds getting  up in the afternoon.

Suggest one or two from.. Rai  Spaun Norlander Glover Conners Riley🤞Bland Streelman Hoffman

On the Champions Tour, Scott Parel looks over the odds for a T10 finish  @ 3.40

Review from the first rounds, sees my runners all start OK, with the exception  of Hewsons 2nd round +5, but hoping she can recover over the last two rounds for some place money. Some small muiltis  travelling  well at this early stage,but a long way to go yet!

Call security!! VC, you have been reading my notes😁.I am already  on stable cash cow Smithy 2pts ew@25/1  and would agree he playing the season brilliantly picking tournaments he wants to play, and I'm expecting  a big effort come The Masters. With you re Morikawa, Schauffele is talented but just have my reservations about his killer instinct in the big tournaments.

US Masters @ Augusta

One of the great tournaments each year.

I've put my bets on (Bet 365) 4 Units

Sungjae Im @ 67

Patrick Reed @ 81

Jordan Speith @ 23 (awful odds)

Francesco Molinari @ 201

Well that's my bets , I see Tiger is @ 46 and I wish him well , but surely his odds should be 500/1

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

US Masters @ Augusta

Sungjae Im @ 67

Patrick Reed @ 81

Francesco Molinari @ 201

Well that's my bets , I see Tiger is @ 46 and I wish him well , but surely his odds should be 500/1

Great stuff Captain, yes Woods should be definitely longer than he is. Having trouble getting rid of my last player off the gravy  train. Being the first major, I will try and put together  a more comprehensive breakdown/ pro and cons for some of the players in contention. Anyone with questions  about any players, I'm more than happy to give my 10 cents worth on their chances. 😁

• Like 1

Woods has bulked up  top to negate some of the leg weakness, but I seriously doubt he will find the grit to walk the course on that leg over 4 rounds . And I don't think he will have the distance because of those infirmity's  in these power game days. He used to score on the par 5,s because of his distance, and zeroed in on that ability.

Give him his due though, best I have seen in my lifetime and was an inspiration for me to get down to single figures . Hope he does well.

• Like 1

The green jacket and $11.5 m to  play for in the first major of the year.

Let's start with the T10 ranked players in the world.

Scheffler- Has really found his groove in 2022,with three wins and two  T20 finishes. Only two Masters starts for two T20 finishes. Has the temperament to win .

Rahm- Five T20 finishes this season,T10 finishes in his last four outings at Augusta,Shot a 66 in the first  round  last year.Could lose this in his head.

Morikawa- three T20 this season, 44 and 18 in his only two starts here Contender.

Hovland- 32-21 from two Masters starts,a  more complete player this year.In solid form and a huge talent. 

Cantlay- Four T10 finishes  this year, two T20 finishes  here from four starts. One I am happy to leave out.

Smith- Two wins and a fourth from only five starts this year.Three T10 finishes  from five starts at Augusta. Rested and primed for the weekend. 

Thomas- Five T20 finishes this year, Masters record is solid, is dangerous but a little short in the market  for me.

Johnson- Three T10 finishes  this year tells me he is getting  back to the form of old. Four T10 finishes here and is right in this.

Mcllroy- Four T20 finishes  this year and Four T10 finishes here. The green jacket seems to allude him, he is always a chance but last weeks miss cut is a negative leading into a major.

Schauffele- Five T20 finishes  this year, has been placed on a couple of occasions here.A contender but needs  to  find that killer instinct this year.

Back with my thoughts, ew runners and specials a little later.

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, craigos1 said:

US Masters @ Augusta

Sungjae Im @ 67

Patrick Reed @ 81

Francesco Molinari @ 201

I've always supported Spieth 🙂  golfer and tbred now sire, both exciting to watch 🙂 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Woods has bulked up  top to negate some of the leg weakness, but I seriously doubt he will find the grit to walk the course on that leg over 4 rounds . And I don't think he will have the distance because of those infirmity's  in these power game days. He used to score on the par 5,s because of his distance, and zeroed in on that ability.

Give him his due though, best I have seen in my lifetime and was an inspiration for me to get down to single figures . Hope he does well.

I think he's taking a leaf out of DeChambeau's book... let's see if it works 🙂 

Woods ace in the pocket has always been his eye and timing, you don't need to be big to hit long, look at Will Gordon, but it may take a while to come back as I think that is also about confidence.  Good fortunes to him 🙂 

Edited by Dancing Show
  • Like 2

This is how I see the first  major  of the year. I am going in slightly  heavy handed, but hey its  The Masters!

Most bookies paying 10 places ew.

The headliner for me is Smith, I keep coming back to the trough with him, but he has been good winner for me and his form has been solid  this year. He comes into this year's Masters  fresher than some and I think come Sunday he will be contending. Smith @25/1  ew 2pts

Scheffler is my second  selection. You can't  argue  the form he is in and with Masters winning  caddie Ted Scott on the bag, and his cool temperament, fulls me with confidence. Scheffler @25/ ew 1pt

Johnson is next off the rank,the former #1 is working his way  back into form and what has caught my eye is the form starting back at the Ryder Cup where he won all five matches.His form since has been progressive and Augusta  form is a plus with the course playing  a little longer now. Johnson @20/1 ew 1pt

Final selection was really tough, but in the end I went with Zalatoris because of the price. Zalatoris @40/1 ew 1/2pt.

Ew runners who have good place money include...

Leishman 70/1  Rose 80/1 Pieters 125/1 McIntyre 125/1  Straka 225/1

Other  interesting  markets:

Matsuyama to miss cut. Neck and back injuries. 

Top debutant, Burns is all the rage  but at 14/1 Straka is the one for me and has had a solid 2022.

T30 market Straka

Good luck, any questions on other players, I'm  more than happy to  give my thoughts. 

I'm hoping the Scheff can cook up a feast of Aussie  mullet  with a Dustin of gold.😉

Come in VC

• Like 1

Some very nice picks there MC

The greens are going to be soft this morning so, first round leader I'm thinking early starters, the wind is going to be at its strongest Friday afternoon, which makes me think the leader after round 2 will be a late starter on Thursday early tee off Friday.

Not overly rapt with DeChambeau in the same group as Smith and Casey, he doesn't play Augusta that well I think best finish was  T21st, and can be a slow player, he is capable of frustrating his playing partners no end and at 80% fit I will be looking to take him on in the H2H departments

I always look for strong 3 ball line ups as I tend to think they drag one another along and looking at the 3 ball groupings I thought the late grouping  of Spieth Hovland and Schauffele was a good one as is the Cantlay Rahm and Zalatoris at a longer price the 3 ball of Westwood Conners and Henley looks a good one

Iv'e taken Cameron Smith to beat Justin Thomas in H2H incidentally Justin Thomas is Betfairs pick to win the tournament, I'm not a big fan of his 3 ball as you said Matsuyama may struggle, unfortunate as he plays Augusta really well is defending champ won as leading amateur back in the day

I entered a few teams in draftstars and funnily enough I have included a few of your longer shots in my team ie Straka Rose

Leishman is Paul Gows tip he is another who plays well at Augusta, all the best with your bets MC we have a couple of channels on fox one that shows Amen corner and the other that shows holes 15 and 16 and another channel that shows selected groups for the 18 holes, so I'm gonna be busy 

Bring it on!!!

1 hour ago, Midnight Caller said:

Great stuff VC.

All the best with all your investments  over the weekend. 

Just skimmed the 3 ball market. How about Herbert to win his 3 ball ?

Yeah he’s probably the value in that 3 ball, Shamus looked like he was in for a big year early on after two rounds at Pebble Beach I was thinking by how far, Patrick Reed struggling since his sickness, Lucas should probably be close to favourite in that 3 ball yet we find him clear 3rd pick

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

Zalatoris and my last ones off the shortlist Hovland Im +Schauffele not far from teeing off. 

Good recovery  from Smith after that opening double bogey. 

Big weekend  ahead, good luck if you are having a flutter

Your top 4 picks are all there MC Smith Scheffler Johnson Zalatoris

Smith starts with a double and finishes with a double arrgh