The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

30 minutes ago, Midnight Caller said:

Well done today Howie!

Great effort by my Grp 1 BB teammates today!This Grp 3 selector needs to step up , especially Nz form.I know one of the owners in the Azamour gelding and never heard a peep!(well done PJ + Dino👍)Top class competition  as per usual  PJ.

See you all next week. 

which owner?

Thanks for a great tough match today, Superiors. Could easily have gone t'other way. In the 'wash up' cap'n Max has decided to have a motivational chat with Georgy Boy (if only I can find him; has he gone AWOL?). Sharne, commiserations - tough to lose with a big score like you posted today. 

Max is still scratching his hairy head about Too Fast copping just 1pt after an exceptional team effort, while Daylight grab 3pts without being able to pick their noses most of the day. Don't ya luv it?

Well done Maxisquillions, a good team effort - shame we couldnt quite snaffle a bonus point.

Onwards and upwards. Some terrific match-ups next week ..eh, Howie???

MM

😧

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JustPlodded said:

Leave it until the following week, I don’t want you to give him to get the same speech that PJ gave Dino this week.

terrific picking by your 'Plodding' self today, Geoffrey! At least I only have Howie to deal with to
next week!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Pam - great comeback win capped by the Kiwi mare's win in the Winx.   Ray - unlucky with Star Of The Seas - looked home with 50 metres to run and only just went under.  Ian - another nice come from behind win thanks to Sweet Deal - great to finally be on the same team as you.  TC - you had the cushy draw so expected you to win but it took a wee while to get your nose in front - I still can't believe Yamuna didn't win (can we see that photo again?).

Yeah all these years and never been on the same team, more than happy to be on your team John, you’re very professional and never leave any stone unturned, it’s little wonder your teams are always vying for the title.

Great start to the comp, I find it hard to nominate a favourite nor an outsider all teams look very evenly balanced a little luck will no doubt determine a few outcomes, 

Loved the return of Probabeel  

Yamuna did look like it had got up, saying that Sweet Deal looked like it had got beat, a game of inches 

Onto next week against the Superiors so it doesn’t get any easier

Caulfield next week the Memsie Stakes

I did hear this morning on the radio a stable at Cranbourne had been infected by Covid19 and the grand final of the Masked Singer also in Melbourne was called off as 7 of the dancers tested positive to Covid

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Hesi, Craig and the rest of the Reapers - thanks for a good match yesterday.  It wasn't the highest scoring match but it was close the whole way and we were fortunate to nab a few key winners at Randwick.

Team Daylight - nice win yesterday.  Second lowest aggregate on the day but as most of us know, the points are primarily handed out for H2H wins and we had four of those, so it's Daylight second!

Pam - great comeback win capped by the Kiwi mare's win in the Winx.   Ray - unlucky with Star Of The Seas - looked home with 50 metres to run and only just went under.  Ian - another nice come from behind win thanks to Sweet Deal - great to finally be on the same team as you.  TC - you had the cushy draw so expected you to win but it took a wee while to get your nose in front - I still can't believe Yamuna didn't win (can we see that photo again?).

A nice gentle hit-out to start the comp and three points is a bonus.  We will no doubt be better for the run, and on to the Superiors (?) next week.  

Thanks Peter as always for another day of racing entertainment.

Maybe I should rename us the Inferiors.

6 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Long way to go Pete, and on recent form I'd still have you as comp favourites, but yes hopefully after next Saturday you are feeling a little less superior.

The actual name i wanted was Superiority Complex which kind of implied we had ideas above our station 😎

On 8/22/2020 at 6:04 PM, Globederby19 said:

Guinness book of records material this. Posts 30 secs after fields are posted and nails $449 with one to go. Am I on your mailing list Robert ????

Only a superb reply by our esteemed master holds him at bay. 

Hi Rees,

It is not hard for me to do my selections, as I pick the horses I think are the best horses in each race, without needing to over analyse projected track conditions, speed maps, and barrier draws etc. Of course, it rarely works out, but it is my formula!!!

Robert.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• PWJ pinned this topic
1 minute ago, Maximus said:

In honour of my illustrious teammate, Maxi is all over this at Ballarat

4. Foxy Azz
FFWIN
M13 Ballarat Races (Vic) R5
@ 7.50
$5.00
Total Stake

absolutely pole-axed in the straight when looking for racing room. Not happy.

Round 2 - Saturday Aug 29

Race 1 - Tauranga R2

1st - 7 Cheval Prometteur W-$1.90 

2nd - 2 Ocean Billy Q-$3.40  

Scr: 5,9

2 BLACKBOOKERS (1st) 51.60

1 PUMPED (7th) 57.00

Gary (with a BB) and Blind Squirrel find the speedy Spratt winner in the first for Pumped with the Blacbookers replying via quinellas from Richie and PJ who each establish personal leads as does Gary. Advantage Blackbookers.

25.80 Richie

19.00 Blind Squirrel

0.00 Dino

38.00 Gary

25.80 PJ 

0.00 Rees

0.00 Midnight C

0.00 Moose

0.00 Maurice

0.00 Ziggy

2 SUPERIORS (6th) 63.80 

2 DAYLIGHT (2nd) 82.80

All bar Pam and Superiors pair Steve and Punter Pete on the winning fave in the first with quinellas landed by John and Sharne. All square after one.

19.00 Pete

0.00 Pam

0.00 Steve P

19.00 Ian

25.80 Sharne

19.00 The Crucible

0.00 Punter Pete

25.80 John

19.00 Mardy

19.00 Ray

1 MAXISQUILLIONS (3rd) 38.00 

3 TOO FAST (5th) 70.60

Heather and Rob get the Maxisquillions on the board but quinellas from Howie and Rex plus Robert also underway with a winner give Too Fast a nice early edge.

0.00 Max

25.80 Howie

0.00 Georgy Boy

0.00 Geoff

19.00 Rob

25.80 Rex

0.00 Graeme

19.00 Robert

19.00 Heather

0.00 Gee

0 NO EYE DEER (4th) 38.00 

2 REAPERS (8th) 63.80

Porky and Stevie make a start for No Eye Deer but the Reapers take a handy lead with a quinella for Tom and Craig and Jack also on the Cambridge visitor.

19.00 Porky

25.80 Tom

0.00 Jen 

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Ashoka

19.00 Craig

0.00 Gordy

0.00 Roland

19.00 Stevie N

19.00 Jack

Blackbookers go further ahead with Zelenski or Queen Jetsun and 3-zip clear with Succoso Segreto while Noah helps

Pumped draw level with Expressive or The Buffer, take the lead with Take A Risk and go two ahead with Athene

Maxisquillions can pull one back with Queen Jetsun or Zelenski, draw level with Glorious Ocean or Succoso Segreto and seize a 3-1 lead with Athene

Too Fast go 4-zip clear with Taponisme or Take A Risk while The Buffer helps

Round 2 - Saturday Aug 29

Race 2 - Riccarton R5

1st - 11 Glorious Ocean W-$10.80 

2nd - 1 Zelenski Q-$27.40  

Scr: 15

2 BLACKBOOKERS (1st) 51.60

1 PUMPED (7th) 57.00

No one found the Wynne wuffie but the Blackbookers blow two BBs.

25.80 Richie

19.00 Blind Squirrel

0.00 Dino

38.00 Gary

25.80 PJ 

0.00 Rees

0.00 Midnight C

0.00 Moose

0.00 Maurice

0.00 Ziggy

2 SUPERIORS (6th) 63.80 

2 DAYLIGHT (2nd) 82.80

Zelenski would have given Daylight a handy lead but everyone missed as Ian blows a BB.

19.00 Pete

0.00 Pam

0.00 Steve P

19.00 Ian

25.80 Sharne

19.00 The Crucible

0.00 Punter Pete

25.80 John

19.00 Mardy

19.00 Ray

2 MAXISQUILLIONS (3rd) 146.00 

2 TOO FAST (5th) 70.60

Too Fast all miss as Captain Max finds the Marsh winner to collar Howie and draw the Maxis level.

108.00 Max

25.80 Howie

0.00 Georgy Boy

0.00 Geoff

19.00 Rob

25.80 Rex

0.00 Graeme

19.00 Robert

19.00 Heather

0.00 Gee

0 NO EYE DEER (4th) 38.00 

2 REAPERS (8th) 63.80

Porky blows a BB as everyone missed the Ocean Park winner.

19.00 Porky

25.80 Tom

0.00 Jen 

0.00 Hesi

0.00 Ashoka

19.00 Craig

0.00 Gordy

0.00 Roland

19.00 Stevie N

19.00 Jack