The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

To win-

The Blackbookers need:

Perfect Jewel to win for Midnight C and Richie (4-1 win)

OR

a Rubisaki-Perfect Jewel quinella in that order for Midnight C (and possibly Richie)

The Superiors need:

Perfect Jewel to win for Steve P (but not pay more than $14.10 or John will beat Punter Pete)

OR

Bless Her to win for Sharne

OR

(possibly) a Missile Mantra-Rubisaki quinella in that order and hope it pays enough for Pete

The Reapers need:

a Missile Mantra-Street Icon quinella in that order and hope it pays enough for Roland

OR

a Madam Rouge-Rubisaki quinella in that order and hope it pays enough for Jack

The Maxisquillions need:

Madam Rouge to win for Heather and Graeme

2 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Unbelievable we get pumped again in the last!!

Well played team blackbookers but man we must get a victory soon team!!

You're right, you will, B Squirrel !
I remember the previous draft comp a couple of those Blackbookers were in a team that kept getting nutted in the final race, week-by-week.
So what goes around comes around ....that's the beauty of the PJ Comps. You're a feather duster for a couple of weeks ..and then as if by magic you're transformed into a ...etc, etc.
Your time will come, B Squirrel. 

Yes,  Graeme, certainly had the motor to win that ...and came in markedly in the prices close to start time.... and not just the 'Too Fast' money. 🙂.
Traffic problems in the straight ....with a clear run even coming from last on the turn would have gone close.
A better draw ....and they'd all have been running for 2nd.

6 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Unbelievable we get pumped again in the last!!

Well played team blackbookers but man we must get a victory soon team!!

Send me yr picks for nxt week BS. Im at the point of giving up. I have heard of dry patches but this is becoming embarrassing, fun comp or not.

Not whinging as I am a gracious loser (to everyone) apparently. :classic_smile:

Well done PJ and Blackbookers, Pumped shall have their day in the Sun with some poor hapless opponent . Next week.

And Rex ,I cannot remember a bigger score in all the time I have been playing in various sites. Brilliant mate. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Congrats Howie and the Too Fasts ..Too Good today ..astonishing performance from Sir G on a day of very close finishes. Our only consolation is that Search and Rescue found Georgy Boy and he should be good to go from next weekend. Rob, our MVP, may be suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic SirG Disorder) but we have the medical experts on his case.

Thanks for another FAB afternoon. PJ

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, TooFast said:

hehe ......Geoff's gonna have to watch out ...........his long reign as the 'Too Fast' franchise first draftee is now under serious threat. "Arise .....Sir Rex'.
Geoff .......Geoff ......... you there, Geoff ?? ...... oops

Totally agree Howie... Rex for Captain!!

• Haha 3

Round 2 - Saturday Aug 29

Race 10 - Caulfield R10

1st - 4 Perfect Jewel W-$10.20 

2nd - 12 Bless Her Q-$44.30  

Scr: 15

4 BLACKBOOKERS (1st)

$1079.00

3 points

1 PUMPED (7th)

$587.20

0 points

The Blackbookers pulled the rabbit out of the hat in the last where Pumped sprung a leak and Richie and Midnight C found the WA wuffie to get up and nail Blind Squirrel and Moose respectively - the SPCA want a word..... Dino also got on the board in the last. Blind Squirrel was Pumped MVP while PJ was Man of the Match just edging Richie. The Blackbookers took a bonus point for a 4-1 margin - well done again team !

307.80 Richie

247.00 Blind Squirrel

102.00 Dino

219.20 Gary

334.00 PJ 

0.00 Rees

192.00 Midnight C

121.00 Moose

143.20 Maurice

0.00 Ziggy

3 SUPERIORS (6th)

$1157.40

2 points 

2 DAYLIGHT (2nd)

$1228.80

1 point

Steve P proved the Superiors hero in the last as his BB romped home to get him past Ian and secure a maiden win for the much vaunted Superiors. John saved Daylight's bacon to some degree by also tipping the winner to keep his side's aggregate ahead to secure a bonus point. Pam was an impressive Match Star with Punter Pete MVP for the victors.

150.80 Pete

396.00 Pam

294.00 Steve P

180.00 Ian

125.80 Sharne

188.00 The Crucible

346.00 Punter Pete

307.80 John

240.80 Mardy

157.00 Ray

1 MAXISQUILLIONS (3rd)

$1021.00

0 points 

4 TOO FAST (5th)

$2266.40

4 points

Madam Rouge tried hard not getting the best passage so she couldn't pull off the miracle for The Maxis in the last where no one found the winner. Rex put up one of the greatest individual scores ever in a Super comp to be a magnificent Man of the Match while opponent Rob (has he been found yet???) was a rather unlucky MVP for The Maxisquillions. Too Fast took bonus points for a team profit and a 4-1 margin. 

198.00 Max

56.80 Howie

76.40 Georgy Boy

152.00 Geoff

464.00 Rob

1709.60 Rex

131.80 Graeme

140.00 Robert

150.80 Heather

208.00 Gee

3 NO EYE DEER (4th)  $1489.00

3 points 

2 REAPERS (8th)

$588.80

0 points

The Reapers could have won it with a couple of complicated quinella combos but their winning chances met with no luck so No Eye Deer took back-to-back wins although they failed to score in the last where Tom got the final winner to take Reapers MVP honours with Ashoka an impressive Man of the Match while Stevie also scored well. No Eye Deer took a bonus point for a team profit.

81.00 Porky

229.80 Tom

90.00 Jen 

121.00 Hesi

542.00 Ashoka

19.00 Craig

329.20 Gordy

0.00 Roland

446.80 Stevie N

219.00 Jack

Table after Round 2

1st 6 Blackbookers $2778.40

2nd 5 No Eye Deer $2602.20

3rd 5 Too Fast $3877.80

4th 4 Daylight $2102.20

5th 2 Superiors $2288.80

6th 2 Maxisquillions $2274.20

7th 0 Pumped $1570.20

8th 0 Reapers $1221.20

The Blackbookers won to remain on top today but the day's big movers were No Eye Deer and Too Fast who each gained two places to secure 2nd and 3rd spots respectively. Daylight's last race loss saw them drop two places while the Maxisquillions slid down three. The Superiors' win gained them a spot while Pumped and The Reapers who each lost today remain 7th and 8th. Early days yet and no one has produced a Joker.

• Like 1

Another fascinating day of supreme entertainment in the world of PJ Super Comps.
Highlights including :-

- The result of two matches changing on the very last race.

- One of the most affable and popular comp players - Sir Rex - lands a $1552 collect from 1 bet with an inspired BB quinella featuring a $53-1 longshot winner. 
  It's not often in a match featuring "roughie" tyros Gee and Rob that the big collect comes from another player. Brilliant stuff, Rex.

Commiserations to the Maxisquillions - you went into Race 7 with a  3-1 lead .....and there was cause for quiet optimism amongst your ranks with 2 of your team with comfortable leads.
Then the rallying cry came from Gee , and the team-mates stepped it up a gear, in Sir Rex's case, several gears. 😊. You're Captain next week, Gee.

And so, commiserations Maxi and the Squillions. Just your misfortune to strike us on a day when nothing much went wrong, just like last week.
You've got a very good team there, Maxi, and i'd be expectating you'll be winning next Saturday.

Great stuff my "teamies" - Geoff, Robert and Gee all pulling off good wins - can't remember the name of the other guy who won .... it'll come to me..... 😉
In the context of all the team activity around me .... my meagre $56 personal haul doesn't seem so bad after all. Which just goes to prove, sometimes when you're a loser, youre still a  winner. And that's why PJ Comps are the best.

Thank you for another great days; entertainment, PJ. And congratulations to those teams who won today, and those 4 teams who ran them so close. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks.

• Like 6

STATS

Best Scores
1709.60 Rex
542.00 Ashoka
464.00 Rob
446.80 Stevie N
396.00 Pam

Worst Scores 

56.80 Howie

19.00 Craig

0.00 Roland

0.00 Ziggy

0.00 Rees

Most Wins

4 Mardy

4 Pam

4 PJ

4 Tom

4 Ashoka

4 Stevie N

4 Rob

4 Rex

Most Quinellas
3 Rex

2 Richie

2 PJ

Biggest Winning Margin
1709.60 Rex
464.00 Rob

Narrowest Winning Margin
140.00 Robert

131.80 Graeme

Highest Losing Score
464.00 Rob

Lowest Winning Score
121.00 Hesi

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TooFast said:

ouch .............. I hope Geoff don't have his reading glasses on ! 

It's past his bedtime ....... I should be ok.  🙂 

No Alan, some things in life your eyes just seem to go straight to. 
We are hoping for an improved performance next week. 
But remit 32b remains on the table for the next meeting: Captain, employment, long term longevity thereof.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1