The Race Place

National Championships Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

6 hours ago, Maximus said:

if its extended for another 7 days MAX, they could still race at Ellerslie on 13 March, combining Derby Day features and Cup Day programme

No mate. If extended for another 7 days it would finish on the Sunday morning.

Gee Maxi i remember sdm winning the cup and count k n Pinotage winning i got the double n concerss when you had to exchange tickets aftyer first leg onto second leg .I was a youngster the ntoo and Dad used to do my bets ..i only picked them ,,

trentham was a happy hunting ground for me in those days !

i picked winner of Duoro Cup at huge figures  i think from memory was Ashanti ??

Sir Vigilant won for Noel Harris on at 76/1 i got quin $206 ..nd i think la osull ran third 

Our own horse ran 5th in wellington cup '68 behind   wds on loofah .and bright chief..

lost front plate on turn .after holding race up in birdcage losing the shoe first ,

Brian Andrews said we were unlucky Those days  we had brackets n ours was 24a they scratched bracket mate morning of race ,, ..but went to aussie in 70s and ran 3rd Doomben Cup and 

international race in queensland . them my recollections of trentham .did really well then ..

• Like 1

It isnt beyond the realms of possibility that some of us ran into each other at Trentham way back then ,of course not knowing the future. I picked Ansin to win the Wgtn cup, but buggered off to Aussie and missed his win.,and was on Young Ida when she caused a boil over. Also used to follow two of my Favs in Aristoc and Monastic and a youngster called Sheralee. Also loved Panzer Chief and backed him a few times while still at college. 

55 minutes ago, Godzstar1 said:

i  used to sneak off from silverstream to go races at trentham too late 60's with few mates !!

a very long time ago ..loved watching  old Peter luis runnersd ..Johns Pal being one !! and staying roight up top public stand skylarking about!!

Maybe Im not the oldest bugger on here. :classic_smile:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

The plaque arrived Rees!!  very swish it is too!  thank you ☺️    I was expecting it to say Dancing Shoes 😃

where's the blimmin photo ..i mean it's all very well to say you're a champion tipster of the wobblies, but we require proof

MM

15 hours ago, pete said:

No mate. If extended for another 7 days it would finish on the Sunday morning.

6am... races dont start til about high noon

3 hours ago, Godzstar1 said:

Gee Maxi i remember sdm winning the cup and count k n Pinotage winning i got the double n concerss when you had to exchange tickets aftyer first leg onto second leg .I was a youngster the ntoo and Dad used to do my bets ..i only picked them ,,

trentham was a happy hunting ground for me in those days !

i picked winner of Duoro Cup at huge figures  i think from memory was Ashanti ??

Sir Vigilant won for Noel Harris on at 76/1 i got quin $206 ..nd i think la osull ran third 

Our own horse ran 5th in wellington cup '68 behind   wds on loofah .and bright chief..

lost front plate on turn .after holding race up in birdcage losing the shoe first ,

Brian Andrews said we were unlucky Those days  we had brackets n ours was 24a they scratched bracket mate morning of race ,, ..but went to aussie in 70s and ran 3rd Doomben Cup and 

international race in queensland . them my recollections of trentham .did really well then ..

gees mate, with experience like that Max reckons you're a contender for a spot in the much-coveted Maximegagazillions 

7 minutes ago, Maximus said:

where's the blimmin photo ..i mean it's all very well to say you're a champion tipster of the wobblies, but we require proof

MM

6am... races dont start til about high noon

Yeah but you said 13 March champ. You're plan would involve them putting back Auckland Cup Day to Sunday. 

Girl Reaction GIF

13 minutes ago, pete said:

Yeah but you said 13 March champ. You're plan would involve them putting back Auckland Cup Day to Sunday. 

Girl Reaction GIF

yes a Super Mega Raceday Sun 14 March with the Derby. Kings Plate and/or Sunline Vase added to the Auckland Cup and the rest of that days programme ..by the way, that kid keeps repeating itself could you shut it up, please?

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

It isnt beyond the realms of possibility that some of us ran into each other at Trentham way back then ,of course not knowing the future. I picked Ansin to win the Wgtn cup, but buggered off to Aussie and missed his win.,and was on Young Ida when she caused a boil over. Also used to follow two of my Favs in Aristoc and Monastic and a youngster called Sheralee. Also loved Panzer Chief and backed him a few times while still at college. 

great memories for Max of teenage days getting fired up about horse racing and admiring the champs of that era. Two I loved in particular were Triton - a flashy chestnut with 4 white socks, what a looker he was, and unbeaten in 7 starts I think, in NZ, before taking on the Aussies - and Classic Mission. My other faves were Fury's Order, March Legend, La Mer, Uncle Remus, Grey Way, Copper Belt, Game, Kirrama, Black Rod, Battle Heights, Good Lord and Show Gate.

Edited by Maximus

14 hours ago, Godzstar1 said:

i  used to sneak off from silverstream to go races at trentham too late 60's with few mates !!

a very long time ago ..loved watching  old Peter luis runnersd ..Johns Pal being one !! and staying roight up top public stand skylarking about!!

the top of that grandstand was where I watched Show Gate v Good Lord in the Cup. .And it's not a fun place to be in July watching the steeplechase...freezin yer Gluteus Maximuses off!!

FROM NZTR

Further Derby Option

A third option is under consideration for the running of the Vodafone New Zealand Derby meeting this weekend.

If the COVID Alert Level 3 status for Auckland is extended for just 24 hours, the meeting could be held at Ellerslie on Monday.

The preferred option is for the meeting to be run at Ellerslie on Sunday, but that will be dependent on the Level 3 status in Auckland being lifted by 6am Sunday.

If the Level 3 status is extended for more than 24 hours, the Derby meeting will be held at Hastings on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Say No More said:

Hi Peter - have you decided on the races for this weekend?  Keen to do some study so I can go out with a bang 🙂

Bit of disarray around Ellerslie scheduling so maybe back to original Covid days with 10 races from Oz??  Lots of group races at Flemington and Randwick. 

The selection thread is up, John. Can you all see it ???