The Race Place

Spring Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Yes La Bodega. You beautys, finally kept the luck, well done team on a really difficult day for everyone, where some reputations were dented, both horses and pickers. Commiserations Five O, tough day at the office, and a Joker down the gurgler. 

Thanks PJ on an exciting day at the races. Te Akau Shark didnt look really top drawer but couldnt sneeze at second.

• Like 3

ROUND 4

Race 10 - Moonee Valley R8

1st - 3 Homesman W-$5.20 

2nd - 7 Mahamedeis Q- $73.10

Scr: nil

5 UNDER THE RADAR (4th)

$833.60

4 points

0 ANIMAL KINGDOM (2nd)

$526.60

0 points

Animal Kingdom's big chance in the last - Kenedna - never figured although the price drifted enough so Under The Radar prevailed and with Tom tipping the final winner it got him past Moose to seal a 5-zip triumph - well done guys ! Captain Max (with a BB) - the AK MVP - and Graeme landed the final $$ for their side. Wrinkles was Man of the Match tipping the GN Steeple winner on his lonesome. UTR took two bonus points for the 5-0 margin. NB I missed Heather's win with Faatinah on the penultimate race but have made the necessary corrections now -apologies Heather and AK

151.60 Sharne 

125.60 Heather

259.00 Wrinkles

153.00 Graeme

224.00 PJ 

202.00 Maximus

135.00 Pete 

12.00 Rob

64.00 Tom

34.00 Moose

1 THE WILD BUNCH (5th)

$1103.20

1 point

4 DYNAMITE* (2nd)

$942.40

3 (x 2 Joker play) = 6 points
Massive finish here from the Joker-playing Dynamite who trailed 1-4 with 4 races remaining and were still behind going into the last but got up to win 4-1 with Rocky bagging a huge BB quinella to reel in Roland and Stevie N's BB getting him past Jen. Opponents Junior and Gordy were the others on the Williams winner in the last. Rocky was Dynamite MVP with his score just bettered by 80 cents by Man of the Match Gee who nailed two nice roughies. Dynamite took a bonus point for the 4-1 margin morphing into 6 in total with the Joker play while The Wild Bunch took a consolation point for a better aggregate. Exciting contest for sure by two teams who scored well on a tough day.

75.20 Dualis 

102.40 Ziggy

111.40 Jen

138.00 Stevie N

247.80 Roland 

440.00 Rocky

228.00 Gordy

250.00 Junior Mac

440.80 Gee

12.00 Ian

2 FIVE-O* (1st)

$336.00

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

3 LA BODEGA (7th)

$683.80

2 points

No fairytale ending for the Joker-playing table leaders as everyone missed the first two home in the Feehan. Ashoka just edged Rees by 15 cents for Man of the Match honours while Craig - the Five-O MVP - was the only member of his side to get into triple figures. Swabs anyone ??? No bonus points were earned. La Bodega are no doubt delighted to weather a Joker play and enjoy a first victory downing the table toppers.

53.00 Virgil 

182.60 Rex

43.40 John

215.60 Ashoka

101.00 Craig 

96.60 Richie

94.00 Punter Pete

43.40 Paul

43.60 Hesi

215.00 Rees

4 FARTOOFAST (6th)

$1092.60

3 points

1 THE RUSTLERS (8th)

$647.60

0 points
The Rustlers' rough hope in the last never yelped so Fartoofast held on for the win led by Man of the Match Captain Howie who bagged 6 winners. Jack bagged a BB in the last to get up to beat Maurice and earn a bonus point for his side's 4-1 margin, while Brian and TC earned the final $$ for The Rustlers. Maurice was MVP for The Rustlers who led for half the day but couldn't convert it into a win. Victory can't be far away for these boys. 

306.00 Jack 

220.60 Maurice

356.60 Howie 

77.00 Gary

312.00 Geoff 

168.40 Ray

96.60 Robert

86.00 The Crucible

21.40 Steve P

95.60 Brian

* Joker

TABLE after ROUND 4

1st 14 DYNAMITE* $4,681.80

2nd 12 UNDER THE RADAR $4,360.80

3rd 10 FIVE-0* $4,464.80

4th 9 ANIMAL KINGDOM $4,376.20

5th 4 FARTOOFAST* $4,520.40

6th 4 THE WILD BUNCH $3,854.20

7th 2 LA BODEGA $3,751.20

8th 0 THE RUSTLERS $3,024.40

* Joker played

Dynamite's late Joker-fuelled victory today saw them leap from 3rd to 1st while Under The Radar's 5-zip success saw them also gain two places to jump to 2nd spot. Defeats for Five-O and Animal Kingdom cost them two places apiece. Fartoofast's win saw them climb over the losing Wild Bunch pusing the latter down to 6th while La Bodega's win didn't gain them a place but gives them a two point cushion above the cellar where the Rustlers are hiding out still.

The Rustlers Breeding duties have been suspended....too much time spent on this activity instead of rustling up some winners....says a captain who has just squeaked a debut win.

STATS 

Best Scores
440.80 Gee
440.00 Rocky Way
356.60 Howie
312.00 Geoff
306.00 Jack

Worst Scores 
43.40 Paul

43.40 John

34.00 Moose
12.00 Ian

12.00 Rob

Most Wins

6 Howie

4    a total of 12 others

Most Quinellas

2 Roland

2 Rocky

2 Pete

2 Virgil 

Biggest Winning Margin
440.80 Gee

12.00 Ian

Narrowest Winning Margin
101.00 Craig

96.60 Richie

Highest Losing Score
247.80 Roland

Lowest Winning Score
64.00 Tom

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Zig said:

🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨🧨😬

Thought you would’ve been watching the Warriors 

Nice Q in the last Rocky 

Well done team back on top 10 pts clear of 5th

Unfortunately the Captain was left in the starting gates 

No training required this week

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Round 5 - Sat Sep 14

Meetings will be Ruakaka, Awapuni, Flemington & Rosehill

ANIMAL KINGDOM (4th) vs DYNAMITE (1st)
Maximus v Ziggy
Moose v Stevie N
Graeme v Ian
Rob v Rocky
Heather v Junior Mac

UNDER THE RADAR (2nd) vs FIVE-O (3rd)
Sharne v Punter Pete
Pete v Craig
PJ v Virgil
Tom v Hesi
Wrinkles v John

FARTOOFAST (5th) vs LA BODEGA (7th)
Robert v Rex
Jack v Rees
Geoff v Richie
Howie v Paul
Steve P v Ashoka

THE WILD BUNCH (6th) vs THE RUSTLERS (8th)
Roland v Maurice
Dualis v Ray
Gordy v Brian
Jen v Gary
Gee v The Crucible

ur welcome ..bettter than playin' the Joker LOL ...how on Earth you find the time you check that out I know not ...but Congrats to UTR ..we Animules will accept the down trou with good grace knowing that if Elle Eye Are in R1 had a bigger head and poked it out appropriately we'd have had you UTRs on toast...some tight matches in there despite the low scores and a great contest that went to the wire. Roll on next weekend!

MM

D:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Relief best sums up the mood in the 'Too Fast' camp as the elusive first Spring Comp victory has finally come our way.

'The Rustlers' were hanging  tough and a bit of anxiety was beginning to show on the faces of the 'Too Fast's - albeit 'Just Plodded' was plodding a lot faster than in a couple of earlier matches and proving that his 7 comp winners the previous Saturday was the start of something good.

Then along came Jack ! …. doing nothing and going nowhere for the greater part of the day ….. suddenly rising like a phoenix from the ashes with 3 on the bounce in Comp races 8,9,10. Impressive !

Hard luck, 'The Rustlers' …. your performances belie your current standing on the leaderboard, and I'm sure you'll start stringing them together sooner rather than later.

Some of the more vaunted outfits had a hard day at the office yesterday, giving some hope to those (including us 'Too Fast's) in the second half of the leaderboard. (can't bring myself to say 'bottom half' of the leaderboard ! 😄). There's still a sizable gap between the two halves, and for us 'Too Fast's there remains much work to do to remain competitive and make those all-important play-offs. There is a rumour underway, released by me right here, that some of the high-flyers are beginning to show signs of having trained off only 4 weeks into the comp. The 'style over substance' brigade …. 'went fast, stopped quick' …. so there remains much hope for  those of us in the back end. 

Are you still with me, Rees ? 

Good effort from your mob yesterday, Rees, taking down the reigning comp leaders at the time. We 'Too Fast's have your mob in our sights this coming Saturday, and it should be a very good and close match. Good luck with it Rees ….. we'z a comin' for ya ! 

Honestly, those 'Red Hots' are absolutely skinning this comp as I declared right at the start of proceedings. I locked them in at $1.10 at the time and considered myself lucky to have done so.     5-0 runaway victory over the talented Animal Kingdom yesterday, and never out of second gear. There are many who say this comp is theirs to lose, and I am one of them. We 'Too Fast's are gonna have to find several lengths when it's our turn up on the 'Red Hots' chopping block. Gulp.

Thanks for another excellent day's entertainment yesterday PJ, another great PJ Super Comp day.

Enjoy this coming week, my friends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, VC! said:

Thought you would’ve been watching the Warriors 

Nice Q in the last Rocky 

Well done team back on top 10 pts clear of 5th

Unfortunately the Captain was left in the starting gates 

No training required this week

Just flicked over to the Warriors every now & then for score updates to be honest....cost me a Saturday multi🥴 but a nice way to finish the season I suppose. I was keeping an eye on Stevie’s picks at the end & never thought Rocky could get up🧨🧨...boomer that quinny!

No worries bout you having a rest this round brother.... you done your job as captain making the call for our joker👍👍👍

• Like 1

Mustelid Musings #154

1 Has the real Howie finally returned to stay .. or is he on a brief (one week) visit??

2 Has La Bodega got enough cases of that new vino they tried yesterday? If so, we're all in trouble.

3 Is $246.20 the lowest team total in Super Comp history ..and is it actually correct? Mustelid Maths makes the 5 x Five-O scores higher ($335) but who would ever pick Mustelid Maths over an Awstralian-based calculating, multi-tasking genius?

4 What is the punishment for Animules of the Kingdom who fail to respond to the beating of the drums? (Jury still out at this stage.)

5 What is the best way to defuse Dynamite? Answers before next Saturday, please.

MM

D:

3 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Yeah closer to the latter, but awful regardless.  Not the lowest score in comp history but possibly the lowest not to be down trousered (5-0).

Just one of those days - put it behind us and move on to a cracking match-up next week.

Thanks as always Peter.

I'm expecting an All Blacks-like backlash from you guys next week. Should be a great contest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zig said:

. I was keeping an eye on Stevie’s picks at the end & never thought Rocky could get up🧨🧨...boomer that quinny!👍👍👍

Yeah didn’t see that coming

As my senior pyrotechnics officer I was just wondering if you could take it easy on MM next week 

Now I was thinking Rocky probably in line for a contract upgrade after getting the chocolates yesterday I say we drop the “Way” and replace it with Balboa 

Zig you’ve been dealt some pretty juicy match ups firstly Rees (that was a given) then Raymondo  followed by Trisha Lea and now Maximus who knows who you’ll end up against once we reach Hawaii 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Maximus said:

Mustelid Musings #154

3 Is $246.20 the lowest team total in Super Comp history ..and is it actually correct? Mustelid Maths makes the 5 x Five-O scores higher ($335) but who would ever pick Mustelid Maths over an Awstralian-based calculating, multi-tasking genius?

MM

😧

Actually on checking I underscored Five-O's team tally by $90. Fixed now

• Like 1