2nd 16 UNDER THE RADAR $5,539.00

3rd 10 FIVE-0* $5,259.60

4th 9 ANIMAL KINGDOM $5,338.00

5th 6 LA BODEGA* $4,826.80

6th 4 FARTOOFAST* $5,422.00

7th 4 THE WILD BUNCH $4,444.60

8th 2 THE RUSTLERS $3,745.40

* Joker played

Dynamite's victory over Animal Kingdom ensured they remained atop the table but their lead was halved by Under The Radar who took a couple of bonus points to establish a six point gap over their victims today - Five-O. The gap between the top 4 and bottom 4 was reduced to 3 points with La Bodega making a successful Joker play moving up two places moving above Fartoofast and The Wild Bunch who each suffered defeat today. The Rustlers enjoyed their first win and although they remain in the cellar they are only 4 points adrift of 5th spot. Four teams still to exercise their first Joker in the remaining two rounds of this leg.

STATS 

Best Scores
357.60 PJ
353.00 Junior Mac
349.60 Rocky
343.20 Moose
342.40 Howie

Worst Scores 
83.60 Robert

76.00 Graeme

75.00 Hesi

70.00 The Crucible

18.00 Gee

Most Wins

6 Rocky

6 Pete

6 PJ

Most Quinellas

2 Dualis

2 Junior Mac

2 Punter Pete

2 Virgil 

Biggest Winning Margin
317.60 Pete

88.00 Craig

Narrowest Winning Margin
150.00 Maurice

147.00 Roland

Highest Losing Score
327.80 Virgil

Lowest Winning Score
70.00 The Crucible

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PWJ said:

342.40 Howie

Hats off to you Howie and Fartoofast,  well defended buddy.A game of inches between 4-1 and 3-2, but we will take it . Puts us closer to the top 4 moving into the last two games of the round. Not quite the result I was hoping for but thats horse racing. Thanks team for your support, put the study back into play for next week when we revert to type.

Thanks again PJ. for your efforts 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Round 6 - Sat Sep 21

Meetings will be Hastings, Randwick & Caulfield

FIVE-O (3rd) vs DYNAMITE (1st)
John v v Stevie N
Craig v Junior Mac
Hesi v Rocky
Virgil v Ziggy
Punter Pete v Ian

UNDER THE RADAR (2nd) vs FARTOOFAST (6th)
Pete v Robert
Wrinkles v Howie
PJ v Steve P
Sharne v Jack
Tom v Geoff

THE WILD BUNCH (7th) vs ANIMAL KINGDOM (4th)
Gordy v Moose
Roland v Rob
Dualis v Maximus
Jen v Heather
Gee v Graeme

THE RUSTLERS (8th) vs LA BODEGA (5th)
The Crucible v Rees
Brian v Paul
Ray v Ashoka
Maurice v Richie
Gary v Rex

I usually pass the 'post-match' comments duties over to Just Plodding in the rare instances when we 'TooFast's have momentarily been TooSlow …. but Just Plodding told me to 'man up' ...so here I am ! 😊

Firstly and most importantly, congrats to Captain Rees Mainwaring and his intrepid band of La Bodega (see...I studied Russian ...I can pronounce these foreign names 😃) stalwarts, a solid victory after they laid it all out on the line . A bold and cunning plan, ultimately successful, that took me and no doubt my team-mates completely by surprise, so well done you La Bodega  for  stepping it up, mixing it up to put yourselves back in with a shot at the Top4 for qualifying for the finals. Yes there is still a long way to go until the end, but the backrunners (of which we are one)  have a real job ahead to put ourselves into contention, so there is no doubt thinking outside of the square is a very valid option, so very well done La Bodega.

In fairness, we 'TooFast's had our `chance …. I thought we were right in it at the conclusion of Comp R6, but then Spanish Whisper at $7+ with all five of the La Bodega on it took the wind out of our sails and we ended up just plodding from there to the finish, albeit a great late run from our Stevie P to swipe 2 points off the La Bodega in Comp R10 … 2 points that could prove critical in the final analysis come November.

Gulp ….. next week we 'TooFast's come up against Winx !!!!  ……. or Winx's lookalikes … the 'Red Hots'. Hasn't that PJ been absolutely "on fire" in this and several recent comps.👍 ! Just this one Saturday I wouldn't be completely averse to Geoff emailing through the wrong week's racebook to PJ. 😊 These are desperate times. Try and think outside the square ,Just Plodding, like Captain Rees. Opening market has us at 65-1 against the 'Red Hots', and that would be a pretty fair reflection. Am 100% sure we won't be seeing a "one in-all-in" strategy from the 'Red Hots' next Saturday, because why would they ?, they're all legends in their own right and as a team nigh on unbeatable. One has the feeling they just have to turn up to win, surely ………...but then ….. HOLD THE BUS ! …………. didn't some thing come in yesterday at 89-1 in the big 'go' at Flemington ! Yes it did ! And that thing will next week have the name 'FarTooFast' written all over it. Yes, Rob, yes, yes, yes ……..we  'FarTooFast' candoosit !! 😁 (sorry about the breach of copyright, Rob) ….. just maybe, we 'FarTooFast' can dare to dream. Just Plodding will be Just Unbeatable …. and the rest of us will get in behind him with a string of $10+ winners. Yes we absolutely candoosit ! 👍

So watch out Captain Pete, PJ, and the rest of your intrepid band of 'Red Hot' legends.  😃

Us  'TooFast's are a-comin for ya !  Everything to gain, nothing to lose. Beware the ones you never saw coming.

Still with me, Rees ? I'm startin' to doze off myself, actually. Where's the coffee ??….. Just Plodding's on coffee duty ….. JUST PLODDING !! …. where's the Captain's coffee ?? ! 😁

Again, hearty congrats to the 'La Bodega'. Enjoy your week everyone. And to my friend 'Wrinkles' of the 'Red Hots', my opponent this coming Saturday, study hard young fella ...I'm on a bit of a roll now, so you better tread warily. You're one of the good 'uns Wrinkles, I look forward to our match-up.

Cheers all.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TooFast said:

I usually pass the 'post-match' comments duties over to Just Plodding in the rare instances when we 'TooFast's have momentarily been TooSlow …. but Just Plodding told me to 'man up' ...so here I am ! 😊

Firstly and most importantly, congrats to Captain Rees Mainwaring and his intrepid band of La Bodega (see...I studied Russian ...I can pronounce these foreign names 😃) stalwarts, a solid victory after they laid it all out on the line . A bold and cunning plan, ultimately successful, that took me and no doubt my team-mates completely by surprise, so well done you La Bodega  for  stepping it up, mixing it up to put yourselves back in with a shot at the Top4 for qualifying for the finals. Yes there is still a long way to go until the end, but the backrunners (of which we are one)  have a real job ahead to put ourselves into contention, so there is no doubt thinking outside of the square is a very valid option, so very well done La Bodega.

In fairness, we 'TooFast's had our `chance …. I thought we were right in it at the conclusion of Comp R6, but then Spanish Whisper at $7+ with all five of the La Bodega on it took the wind out of our sails and we ended up just plodding from there to the finish, albeit a great late run from our Stevie P to swipe 2 points off the La Bodega in Comp R10 … 2 points that could prove critical in the final analysis come November.

Gulp ….. next week we 'TooFast's come up against Winx !!!!  ……. or Winx's lookalikes … the 'Red Hots'. Hasn't that PJ been absolutely "on fire" in this and several recent comps.👍 ! Just this one Saturday I wouldn't be completely averse to Geoff emailing through the wrong week's racebook to PJ. 😊 These are desperate times. Try and think outside the square ,Just Plodding, like Captain Rees. Opening market has us at 65-1 against the 'Red Hots', and that would be a pretty fair reflection. Am 100% sure we won't be seeing a "one in-all-in" strategy from the 'Red Hots' next Saturday, because why would they ?, they're all legends in their own right and as a team nigh on unbeatable. One has the feeling they just have to turn up to win, surely ………...but then ….. HOLD THE BUS ! …………. didn't some thing come in yesterday at 89-1 in the big 'go' at Flemington ! Yes it did ! And that thing will next week have the name 'FarTooFast' written all over it. Yes, Rob, yes, yes, yes ……..we  'FarTooFast' candoosit !! 😁 (sorry about the breach of copyright, Rob) ….. just maybe, we 'FarTooFast' can dare to dream. Just Plodding will be Just Unbeatable …. and the rest of us will get in behind him with a string of $10+ winners. Yes we absolutely candoosit ! 👍

So watch out Captain Pete, PJ, and the rest of your intrepid band of 'Red Hot' legends.  😃

Us  'TooFast's are a-comin for ya !  Everything to gain, nothing to lose. Beware the ones you never saw coming.

Still with me, Rees ? I'm startin' to doze off myself, actually. Where's the coffee ??….. Just Plodding's on coffee duty ….. JUST PLODDING !! …. where's the Captain's coffee ?? ! 😁

Again, hearty congrats to the 'La Bodega'. Enjoy your week everyone. And to my friend 'Wrinkles' of the 'Red Hots', my opponent this coming Saturday, study hard young fella ...I'm on a bit of a roll now, so you better tread warily. You're one of the good 'uns Wrinkles, I look forward to our match-up.

Cheers all.

We may HTD this Saturday Howie.

You v PJ has some merit.

Watch this space

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, pete said:

We may HTD this Saturday Howie.

You v PJ has some merit.

Watch this space

PJ ! 

Oh no.  ☺️

PJ's the form player out of the entire comp.

I think I read somewhere PJ saying he's got some sort of Open Day on this coming Saturday at the stud, so you might need to reconsider, Pete. 😉 

Still ……… it looked a good plan, momentarily. I'm sure you're capable of coming up with another bright idea before the week's out, Pete. It's what Captains do. 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, PWJ said:

Round 6 - Sat Sep 21

Meetings will be Hastings, Randwick & Caulfield

FIVE-O (3rd) vs DYNAMITE (1st)
John v v Ian
Craig v Stevie N
Hesi v Ziggy 
Virgil v J Mac
Punter Pete v Rocky

Team Dynamite will be playing their HTH thanks PJ

Team Dynamite coming under immense pressure from Under the Radar to hold onto that number one spot

Can Team Dynamite hand Five O their 3rd straight loss???? 

An intriguing week coming up

Boom!!!!! 🧨 

• Like 1

Mustelid News

1. Terrifying loud noises heard late yesterday in Animal Kingdom have been traced to Team Dynamite. Cops investigating. Potential charges include use of illegal weapons and animal cruelty. No fatal injuries but mild-moderate wounds inflicted. Only a Moose escaped uninjured.

2. Speaking from Under A Rock, where he will be staying until Friday night receiving the tender ministrations of Mrs W and her Harem of Happy Helpers, captain Mustelid Maximus has sent a gracious message of congratulations to The Explosive Ones, and a chilling video to Gee and The Imperial Air Force Wild Bunch. Its contents cannot be publicised as it contains lots of huffing and puffing and not-nice language. 

MM

PS There is no truth to the rumour that Basil Brush has defected from Animal Kingdom to Team Dynamite. Boom! Boom!

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

supplementary to Mustelid News

The PR Department for captain Maximus has approved release of the following 'still' image taken at today's (underground) press conference. Viweres are free to come to their own conclusions, but consensus within the Animal Kingdom is along the lines of: We Are Not Amused.580507009_Mustelidonabadday.jpg.df5366f2ac542bfcdf9d64a48e5bbafb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

ROUND 6

Race 1 - Hastings R2

1st - 3 Peso W-$4.50

2nd - 8 My Gift Q- $22.80

Scr: 7

Subs: #4 then #5

0 FIVE-O (3rd) 45.00

2 DYNAMITE (1st) 135.00
Virgil gets Five-O underway but Ziggy, Rocky and Junior all find the local winner to hand Dynamite a nice lead.

0.00 John

0.00 Ian

0.00 Craig

0.00 Stevie N

0.00 Hesi

45.00 Ziggy

45.00 Virgil

45.00 Junior Mac

0.00 Punter Pete

45.00 Rocky

1 UNDER THE RADAR (2nd) 135.00

1 FARTOOFAST (6th) 90.00

Opponents Howie and Wrinkles on the Rosie racer as are UTR's PJ (with a BB) and Fartoofast's Jack. All square after one.

0.00 Pete 

0.00 Robert

45.00 Wrinkles

45.00 Howie

90.00 PJ

0.00 Steve P

0.00 Sharne

45.00 Jack

0.00 Tom

0.00 Geoff

0 THE WILD BUNCH* (7th) 45.00 

0 ANIMAL KINGDOM* (4th) 45.00
Only opponents Dualis and Captain Max on the opening winner in the big double-headed Joker clash.

0.00 Gordy 

0.00 Moose

0.00 Roland

0.00 Rob

45.00 Dualis 

45.00 Maximus

0.00 Jen

0.00 Heather

0.00 Gee 

0.00 Graeme

0 THE RUSTLERS (8th) 0.00 

1 LA BODEGA (5th) 45.00
The Rustlers are still setting up their possee as Richie cracks open a BB in the first to hand La Bodega the lead.

0.00 The Crucible 

0.00 Rees

0.00 Brian

0.00 Paul

0.00 Ray

0.00 Ashoka

0.00 Maurice

90.00 Richie

0.00 Gary

0.00 Rex

* Joker play

I wrote down Swords Drawn to go with Callsign Mav on the Selections Thread, so would have had the quinella ……. except I wrote down the incorrect number for Swords Drawn - wrote 3 instead of 4. 😥

So thank goodness from my viewpoint that Swords Drawn didn't win …. and that the quinella only paid $10 (even with the winner paying $7).

Still … you can't play the 'Red Hots' and expect to win when you're making schoolboy errors.  grrrr. …………..😊

• Like 1

ROUND 6

Race 2 - Hastings R4

1st - 10 Callsign Mav W-$7.40

2nd - 4 Drawn Swords Q- $10.20

Scr: 11

1 FIVE-O (3rd) 119.00

3 DYNAMITE (1st) 283.00
Only Virgil on target again for Five-O as Ziggy goes back-to-back, and Stevie N is underway for Dynamite. Virgeil and Stevie take fresh personal leads so the margin is the same even though the score is now 3-1.

0.00 John

0.00 Ian

0.00 Craig

74.00 Stevie N

0.00 Hesi

119.00 Ziggy

119.00 Virgil

45.00 Junior Mac

0.00 Punter Pete

45.00 Rocky

2 UNDER THE RADAR (2nd) 283.00

1 FARTOOFAST (6th) 238.00

Opponents Steve and PJ Wrinkles on the local winner as Howie assumes a personal lead over Wrinkles and Sharne passes Jack to put Under The Radar ahead.

0.00 Pete 

0.00 Robert

45.00 Wrinkles

119.00 Howie

164.00 PJ

74.00 Steve P

74.00 Sharne

45.00 Jack

0.00 Tom

0.00 Geoff

1 THE WILD BUNCH* (7th) 193.00 

1 ANIMAL KINGDOM* (4th) 119.00
Gordy bags a BB for the Wild crowd while Heather is the sole AK rep on target and as both take personal leads it's still locked up, now at 1-1

148.00 Gordy 

0.00 Moose

0.00 Roland

0.00 Rob

45.00 Dualis 

45.00 Maximus

0.00 Jen

74.00 Heather

0.00 Gee 

0.00 Graeme

1 THE RUSTLERS (8th) 74.00 

3 LA BODEGA (5th) 287.00
Ray gets the Rustlers off the mark but La Bodega look strong today with Rex (who snagged the quinella), Richie and Rees replying. Ray now leads Ashoka but new personal advantages for Rees and Rex push La Bodega further ahead.

0.00 The Crucible 

74.00 Rees

0.00 Brian

0.00 Paul

74.00 Ray

0.00 Ashoka

0.00 Maurice

164.00 Richie

0.00 Gary

94.40 Rex

* Joker play

ROUND 6

Race 3 - Hastings R5

1st - 12 Lily d'Or W-$4.70

2nd - 5 Rainbow Dundee Q- $85.30

Scr: 4,9,15

2 FIVE-O (3rd) 260.00

3 DYNAMITE (1st) 471.00
The Matamata visitor triumphs for Dynamite trio Ziggy (who bags a BB), Stevie and Rocky while Punter Pete, Virgil and John reply for Five-O who pull one back with John assuming a personal lead. Virgil and Ziggy are 3-for-3.

47.00 John

0.00 Ian

0.00 Craig

121.00 Stevie N

0.00 Hesi

213.00 Ziggy

166.00 Virgil

45.00 Junior Mac

47.00 Punter Pete

92.00 Rocky

2 UNDER THE RADAR (2nd) 377.00

2 FARTOOFAST (6th) 332.00

PJ and Sharne on the mighty Mansour winner for UTR but so are Fartoofasts Robert and Jack and with the former taking a new personal lead the Fartoofasts draw level.

0.00 Pete 

47.00 Robert

45.00 Wrinkles

119.00 Howie

211.00 PJ

74.00 Steve P

121.00 Sharne

92.00 Jack

0.00 Tom

0.00 Geoff

1 THE WILD BUNCH* (7th) 193.00 

2 ANIMAL KINGDOM* (4th) 213.00
The Wild Bunch take a siesta as Heather and Graeme add to AK's aggregate. Graeme has pulled clear of Gee to hand Animal Kingdom the lead.

148.00 Gordy 

0.00 Moose

0.00 Roland

0.00 Rob

45.00 Dualis 

45.00 Maximus

0.00 Jen

121.00 Heather

0.00 Gee 

47.00 Graeme

1 THE RUSTLERS (8th) 121.00 

4 LA BODEGA (5th) 428.00
TC on target for the Rustlers but La Bodega trio Paul, Rees and Ashoka find the Moroney/Gerard winner also and with Paul now leading Brian La Bodega extend their lead.

47.00 The Crucible 

121.00 Rees

0.00 Brian

47.00 Paul

74.00 Ray

47.00 Ashoka

0.00 Maurice

164.00 Richie

0.00 Gary

94.40 Rex

* Joker play