The Race Place

Olympics

brown fox

11 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

turned on to watch last night but was turned off by the studio team.Surely Toni Strrt isn't the best we have.

Anyway when the knee is more important than the sport they can shove it.

Why even comment if all you want to do is add your redneck rhetoric.

I'm sure you can find repeats of some monotonous drama to watch.

Olympics will be great viewing. (12 channels)

ODT had a good lift-out yesterday with what's on when.

Was enthralled by the Road race in the Cycling,lots of changes.Definitely a tactical sport,all trying to out think each other. Am glad that you couldn't bet half way thru it,as once the Kiwi's were gone i thought the Canadian was a top show,think he ended up 5th,will stick with the horses...i think i'll be bouncing around all the channels over the next week or so.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mardy said:

Was enthralled by the Road race in the Cycling,lots of changes.Definitely a tactical sport,all trying to out think each other. Am glad that you couldn't bet half way thru it,as once the Kiwi's were gone i thought the Canadian was a top show,think he ended up 5th,will stick with the horses...i think i'll be bouncing around all the channels over the next week or so.

I thought I was watching the Disney channel when that woman was talking about the 'helicopter drivers' 

It was a great road race though and as the say - chess on wheels.

Wout Van Aert put up a huge performance with all the chasing he had to do.

It was a bit hard listening to Mark Watsons commentary when you are used to the usual world tour commentators like Carlton Kirby.

George Bennett had a race I expected of him, just lacking that extra bit of strength.

Just a shame that we don’t have a rider in the woman’s race which the Dutch will dominate.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, craigos1 said:

Why even comment if all you want to do is add your redneck rhetoric.

I'm sure you can find repeats of some monotonous drama to watch.

Olympics will be great viewing. (12 channels)

ODT had a good lift-out yesterday with what's on when.

There is nothing in my comments that can be construed in any shape or form as being  ""redneck""

15 hours ago, Hesi said:

What about Lewis Clareburt in the 400m individual medley.  Wins his heat, qualifies 2nd for the final, PB and NZ record time.

A real chance for GOLD........great

Was looking good at halfway but blew out in the final 200.

A bit like me.

Any one watch the Olly Whites tonite.

Surely that isnt our best goalkeeper. Three absolute howlers. Basic stuff he had no clue. Watch yr near post, dont palm the ball back into yr penalty area, no communication with his backs and missing the ball completely with most embarrassing goal I think I have seen. No extension to reach that last soft goal. Pathetic. I feel for him but he has a shit load of work to do.

Chris Wood must be tearing his hair out.

I reckon this Olympics is the most I've ever watched.

Absolutely loving the Sky coverage.

So far have watched all the Swimming and Rowing, some Boxing , Tennis ,Golf , Track & Field and Handball.

Any other Event NZ are competing for a medal.

I guess having time off crook it's worked out well with Games being on!

Back to the Football. 0-0 @ the moment.

There is something about a competitor being able to show effortless acceleration at the top level of sport, they call it turn of foot in racing

Peter Snell in the 1500m at Tokyo

Zonda in the 1998 Derby, twice if I recall

Then the magnificent rowing 8, pour it on at the 500m mark, to put the race in the bag.  Not expected either, as also Snell's effortless move was not unexpected 

Rowing 8's win, highlight of the Olympics for me, and I can just recall the 72 win that went into NZ sporting folklore 

• Like 1

Great ride by Andrews for silver in the Keirin race.

Speaking of the Keirin, check out the documentary by Chris Hoy on the back ground etc of the race, when he revisits the training  school in Japan.Note the eye watering amount of money gambled on the sport. Very interesting  watch.

The Secret World of Japanese  Keirin  Racing

• Like 1