The Race Place

13 Days of Christmas Round 1 - Thu Nov 21 - Ascot Park

PWJ

This will be an individual comp. Same rules as the usual Super Comp. Note rule change for subs in Scratching Rule (#3)

THE RULES

1. Duration. Comp will run for one month across 13 race days in NZ only.

2. Selections. Competitors are required to select two runners per race. No subs are to be posted. All selections should be posted at the same time although I may make allowances if this is not possible due to late arrival for posting.Posting the same numbers for each race is not permitted.

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching up until 11.00am on raceday. After that time any selection which is scratched will be replaced by the highest number which is a starter in that race. i.e. In an 18 horse field it would be #18 if it is a starter. If #18 is scratched then #17 and so on. There will only be one scratching replacement. If both your selections are scratched there will only be one sub.

4. Investments. Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $10 win bet while if both selections start, a $2 quinella combining the two selections will also be credited to the competitor. So that's a $22 investment per race per competitor if two tips are submitted.

6. Best Bet. Each selector may choose two races as "best bet" selections. All $$$ earned from these races will be doubled. In the event of scratchings the same best bet (BB) will apply. There will be no transference to a subsequent race. If your best bet race is abandoned - bad luck !@

9. Points. Individual Points will be awarded at the completion of each day's racing as follows:

25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 For placings 1st to 10th. If you make a profit but fail to finish in the top 10 you will be awarded a bonus 0.5 points.

10. Joker. Once during the Comp each player can choose to play their Joker. They must advise this in the post in which they make their selections. The Joker will double the final points tally for that competitor for that day (if they score any).

12. Posting. Please post your selections by number (names are optional and unnecessary). If you post replacements for scratched horses then do so in a new post rather than edit your original. Do not post subs with your original selections.

13. Closing Time. There is no closing time but selections are only valid if posted at least one minute before the starting time of the first or any race. My decision is final in this and all other matters.

ASCOT PARK - THU NOV 21

All Races 1-9 starting 12.47pm

Good luck !

• Thanks 1

• PWJ pinned this topic

Brian        
1    ~~    1.3
2    ~~    5.9
3    ~~    3.8
4    ~~    1.7
5    ~~    1.3
6    ~~    6.7
7    ~~    1.7
8    ~~    1.2*
9    ~~    1.3*

Betty        
1    ~~    3.7
2    ~~    5.9
3    ~~    3.8
4    ~~    1.5
5    ~~    1.7
6    ~~    1.6
7    ~~    1.7*
8    ~~    1.2*
9    ~~    3.9

Rosina        
1    ~~    1.7
2    ~~    5.9
3    ~~    1.3
4    ~~    5.7
5    ~~    1.7
6    ~~    1.6*
7    ~~    2.7
8    ~~    1.2*
9    ~~    1.9

Isaac        
1    ~~    1.7
2    ~~    5.13
3    ~~    3.8
4    ~~    5.9
5    ~~    3.7*
6    ~~    1.7
7    ~~    5.6
8    ~~    1.2*
9    ~~    5.11

Damion        
1    ~~    1.7*
2    ~~    1.5
3    ~~    1.3
4    ~~    2.9*
5    ~~    3.6
6    ~~    2.7
7    ~~    2.5
8    ~~    2.7
9    ~~    5.8

Claire        
1    ~~    1.7*
2    ~~    1.13
3    ~~    3.8*
4    ~~    5.9
5    ~~    6.7
6    ~~    1.2
7    ~~    2.6
8    ~~    1.2
9    ~~    8.11

Maureen        
1    ~~    6.7
2    ~~    2.4*
3    ~~    2.3
4    ~~    4.5
5    ~~    1.6
6    ~~    6.7
7    ~~    1.7
8    ~~    1.7*
9    ~~    3.9

Lisa        
1    ~~    3.6
2    ~~    2.7
3    ~~    2.8*
4    ~~    5.8
5    ~~    5.6
6    ~~    6.7
7    ~~    1.7
8    ~~    1.7*
9    ~~    3.9

Paddy        {Playing JOKER]
1    ~~    3.7
2    ~~    4.7
3    ~~    2.8
4    ~~    4.8*
5    ~~    5.6
6    ~~    6.8*
7    ~~    1.2
8    ~~    1.7
9    ~~    3.7

MANY THANKS PJ

Edited by Guest

On 11/19/2019 at 1:30 PM, PWJ said:

This will be an individual comp. Same rules as the usual Super Comp. Note rule change for subs in Scratching Rule (#3)

THE RULES

1. Duration. Comp will run for one month across 13 race days in NZ only.

2. Selections. Competitors are required to select two runners per race. No subs are to be posted. All selections should be posted at the same time although I may make allowances if this is not possible due to late arrival for posting.Posting the same numbers for each race is not permitted. I don't think your team mates would want you to do that anyway.

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching up until 11.00am on raceday. After that time any selection which is scratched will be replaced by the lowest number which is a starter in that race. There will only be one scratching replacement. If both your selections are scratched there will only be one sub.

4. Investments. Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $10 win bet while if both selections start, a $2 quinella combining the two selections will also be credited to the competitor. So that's a $22 investment per race per competitor if two tips are submitted.

6. Best Bet. Each selector may choose two races as "best bet" selections. All $$$ earned from these races will be doubled. In the event of scratchings the same best bet (BB) will apply. There will be no transference to a subsequent race. If your best bet race is abandoned - bad luck !@

9. Points. Individual Points will be awarded at the completion of each day's racing as follows:

25-18-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1 For placings 1st to 10th. If you make a profit but fail to finish in the top 10 you will be awarded a bonus 0.5 points.

10. Joker. Once during the Comp each player can choose to play their Joker. They must advise this in the post in which they make their selections. The Joker will double the final points tally for that competitor for that day (if they score any).

12. Posting. Please post your selections by number (names are optional and unnecessary). If you post replacements for scratched horses then do so in a new post rather than edit your original. Do not post subs with your original selections.

13. Closing Time. There is no closing time but selections are only valid if posted at least one minute before the starting time of the first or any race. My decision is final in this and all other matters.

ASCOT PARK - THU NOV 21

All Races 1-9 starting 12.47pm

Good luck !

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching up until 11.00am on raceday. After that time any selection which is scratched will be replaced by the lowest number which is a starter in that race. There will only be one scratching replacement. If both your selections are scratched there will only be one sub. 

PJ....By lowest number....do you mean number 1-2-3 etc or from the bottom of the field 20-19-18 etc

3 hours ago, Mafioso said:

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching up until 11.00am on raceday. After that time any selection which is scratched will be replaced by the lowest number which is a starter in that race. There will only be one scratching replacement. If both your selections are scratched there will only be one sub. 

PJ....By lowest number....do you mean number 1-2-3 etc or from the bottom of the field 20-19-18 etc

if i may assist ..he means by saddlecloth number, starting from the highest saddlecloth in the field of starters

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VvD said:

You may assist, but unfortunately I don’t think you did.  

By “highest saddlecloth” do you mean #20 or #1??

i took Peter’s “lowest number” to mean #1, as that is lower than #20.

But you’ve said “highest” and 20 is higher than 1.

Perhaps you meant “highest“ in the book or the handicap which would of course be #1 

well for goodness' sake VvD, if PJ stating #18, then #17  etc isn't plain enuf, mere Mustelids like me can't help at all at all at all

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Then again just to confuse things , runner one may have the, figuratively speaking ,highest saddlecloth number, but only be 14 hands high ,where no 2 in the book is 15 hands high and has a higher saddlecloth therefore.:classic_blink:

has anyone ever ever ever in the field of human conflict suggested you are a troublemaker  Rees?

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, VvD said:

Peter has edited his original post to make it entirely clear.  Thanks Peter.

I was simply making the point Maximus, that your post did nothing to clarify.  I reckon we leave the running of the comp to Peter - he seems to know what he is doing.

so was I right or r-r-r-rong??

4 minutes ago, VvD said:

I'd suggest "ambiguous" would be a better description

Not to be confused with the lutrinae branch of your family who are "amphibious"

I'll pass on your best regards to Cousins Otter and Beaver et al

Good luck tomorrow...the start of another of PJ Comp!!!

Edited by Maximus

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

has anyone ever ever ever in the field of human conflict suggested you are a troublemaker  Rees?

You pinched part of that saying

Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few, Winston Churchill 20 August 1940