The Race Place

Winter Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Round 7 (FINAL) - Saturday August 13

Don't forget to enter the Spring NPC Comp (see separate thread)

Race 10 - Caulfield R9

1st - 2 Military Expert W-$7.60 

2nd - 16 El Rocko Q-$17.50  

Scr: 7,8,10,14

1 Puppet Masters (1st) 

$966.20

0 points

4 Ramones (4th)

$2090.00

4 points

Lucky Decision had a good run but couldn't finish it off for The Puppet Masters and no one found the final winner so the Ramones took a nice win with bonus points for the 4-1 margin and a team profit with an impressive aggregate headed b y Man of the Match Porky with a prodigious total ! Roland was MVP for The Puppet Masters.

248.80 Ziggy

192 Moose

44 Ray

265.40 Richie

418 Roland

478.20 Gary

125.40 Midnight Caller

1007.40 Porky

130 Ian

147 Tom

3 Wily Wombats (5th)

$1219.80

2 points

2 Reapers* (2nd)

$1317.60

1 (x 2 Joker play) = 2 points

The Wily Wombats pulled off a minor miracle in the last coming back from 1-4 down to win it with the Kah killer with all 5 rodents on board with Judas adding the Q and Secret Squirrel doubling up with a BB to smash Smiler which together with PJ nailing Hesi produced the win. Only Man of the Match Tonka scored for The deflated Reapers (his 4th straight winner). Judas was an impressive MVP for the Wombats. The Reapers took a bonus point for a superior aggregate and narrowly missed a team profit bonus point.

242 Secret Squirrel

221.60 Smiler

244.40 Tassie Tiger

125.40 Heather

184.40 PJ

125.40 Hesi

144 Rees

184.40 No1Plumber

405 Gospel of Judas

660.80 Tonkatime

2 Drink!*** (6th)

$1186.20

0 (x 3 Triple Joker play) = -1 point

3 Schitt's Creek (3rd)

$1573.60

3 points

El Rocko nearly turned the match around for Drink! but he couldn't peg back the winner so Schitt's Creek held on for the win and took a bonus point for a team profit. Only Steve P with a BB and Maurice (also with a BB) found the final winner of the comp. Sharne just edged Maurice for Drink! MVP honours while Lightning Blue was Man of the Match. Drink!'s Triple Joker play looked ripe at one stage when they led 4-q heading to Morphettville but fell apart on the run in.

448 Sharne

409 Howie

61.40 Punter Pete

467.40 Lightning Blue

103 Pete

358 Steve P

159.20 Blind Squirrel

176.40 Graeme

414.60 Maurice

162.80 Our Maizcay

3 Wolf Pack* (7th)

$771.00

2 (x 2 Joker play) = 4 points

2 More Moet* (8th)

$1060.60

1 (x 2 Joker play) = 2 points

Military Expert wasn't paying enough to get Gee home over Wrinkles in the last so Wolf Pack - who failed to score - held on for the win making good use of their Joker play. More Moet can be consoled by a bonus point (turned into two via their Joker) for a higher aggregate. Stevie N edged Wrinkles for Wolfies MVP honours while Rex was an impressive Man of the Match for More Moet.

218.80 Wrinkles

208 Gee

198.80 Jack

685.20 Rex

103 Gordy

50 Max

20.40 Pam

73.40 Rob

230 Stevie N

44 Jen

The FINAL Table

Congratulations to The Spring Super Comp winners - THE PUPPET MASTERS - who failed to win today but secured victory as likely winner The Reapers fell victim to a Wombat attack in the final race of the comp when looking likely to take it out. Well done Roland, Ian, Ray, Ziggy & Midnight Caller !

Schitt's Creek came home well late to secure their 3rd place, just three points behind the Champs while the Ramones who beat the top cats today were 8 points clear of the rabble in taking 4th.   Wolf Pack's win today elevated them two places on the final table with the Wombats dropping a spot despite winning as did Drink! whose Chamopionship dreams came apart in the final 3 races. More Moet battled valiantly today but ended up on the losing side and will take the Wooden Spoon home to sip the Moet from. Thanks to everyone for playing and please sign up for the Spring Comp starting in a few weeks time.

1st 23 Puppet Masters $6726.60

2nd 21 Reapers $6856.80 

3rd 20 Schitt's Creek  $6846.60

4th 19 Ramones $8036.40

5th 11 Wolf Pack $6910.40

6th 11 Wily Wombats $6788.80

7th 7 Drink! $7237.40

8th 7 More Moet $6406.60

• Like 1

Thanks Peter for the offer of counselling, we've put away our scythes just in case

Thanks for the match PJ and your Wombats, I had a feeling you might find a bit of form late in the comp to deny us, and we just came up short, never mind, great comp all round THANKS

And to Ian and your Puppets, thoroughly well deserved on taking out the comp, just too hard for us to run down, and your favourtism was in the long run, also well deserved.  Can't find the original market, but despite the blatant and obvious bias, it was not too far off from memory lol

Thanks Reapers for your fine efforts, you have been a great team, just pipped by a military expert haha

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations Puppet Masters, another Ian led team to win a comp.

Thanks to my Wolf Pack team, Pam, Stevie, Jack and Wrinkles for giving me support throughout the comp. We were in danger of getting the wooden spoon, but a good effort got us a respectable 5th placing.

Sorry to drag you down to my level today Max, but thanks to you and More Moët for a close contest.

Enjoy a few weeks off PJ.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

STATS

Best Scores
1007.40 Porky
685.20 Rex
660.80 Tonkatime
478.20 Gary
467.40 Lightning Blue

Worst Scores 

61.40 Punter Pete

50.00 Max

44.00 Jen

44.00 Ray

20.40 Pam

Most Wins

7 Howie

6 Maurice

6 Gary

Most Quinellas
3 Gary

2 Howie, Smiler,Blind Squirrel, Maurice, Our Maizcay, Ziggy, Porky, Richie, Jack, Rob, Rex

Biggest Winning Margin
1007.40 Porky
125.40 Midnight Caller

Narrowest Winning Margin
218.80 Wrinkles

208.00 Gee

Highest Losing Score
418.00 Roland

Lowest Winning Score
73.40 Rob

• Like 1

And finally the top 3 individual scorers in the comp were:

$2378.40 Porky

$2085.20 Rex

$2052.40 Gary

Porky, please PM me your mailing address and I will send you your prize - the Hitotsu special cup/can holder - well done, mate

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Congratulations to The Spring Super Comp winners - THE PUPPET MASTERS - who failed to win today but secured victory as likely winner The Reapers fell victim to a Wombat attack in the final race of the comp when looking likely to take it out. Well done Ian, Ray, Ziggy & Midnight Caller !

And our our best player Roland! 🙂👍 

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, PWJ said:

Counseling services will be made available for a group session with the Reapers......

save yer money Hesi and Co... dem Counsellors charge too much per minute and know diddly-squat.
Just buy some More Moet and join us for the party tonite chez Maxi!

...we won a Wooden Spoon yeehaaaa!!

MM

moetmagnum350.png

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Stop it Ian, it is becoming monotonous. :classic_tongue:

poor Roland ...what did he do r-r-rong?

Never mind mate, come and have anothe glass of bubbles with Jen and Maxi and co ...

PJ is the Guest of Honour, of course...free Moet all night for him

• Like 1

Congratulation's The puppet masters & Ziggy, great battle today and to win the comp! 

Big thank you to richie and the ramones for taking me in..we got close chaps well done😊

Cheers Peter.J. for the late expectance (#24 Melbourne cup😀🍀) Your hard work is well appreciated and keeping the games going!! Thanks Peter☺️

• Like 6

Big thanks to the real Master and he certainly isn’t a puppet Sir Peter J

Hesi and the Reapers, how very very unlucky you guys probably deserved to win, commiserations great comp Reapers special mention to No 1 Plumber unbeaten 👍

Finally and most importantly a massive thanks to the Champions in my team our MVP Roland, Steve and Ray who most importantly twisted my arm to play our T3 last week, and our International correspondent MC who unfortunately  kept drawing big scorers 

Well done Champions

• Like 9

47 minutes ago, VC! said:

Big thanks to the real Master and he certainly isn’t a puppet Sir Peter J

Hesi and the Reapers, how very very unlucky you guys probably deserved to win, commiserations great comp Reapers special mention to No 1 Plumber unbeaten 👍

Finally and most importantly a massive thanks to the Champions in my team our MVP Roland, Steve and Ray who most importantly twisted my arm to play our T3 last week, and our International correspondent MC who unfortunately  kept drawing big scorers 

Well done Champions

Too good Champions. Congratulations from the 3rd placed Schitts Creek Team !   A supreme effort and win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

thanks Peter for another great comp, very enjoyable and really appreciate all the work you put into it

congratulations to the Puppet Masters, nice win

thanks to my team, good bunch of guys and we did ok, finished on a high note, still one paddle left maybe

jokers were the difference for us unfortunately, we won 5 matches, more than any other team but only earned 6 points from jokers while the winners earned 10 points and the runners up 9 points.  i blame the skipper for that one 🙂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lightning Blue said:

Too good Champions. Congratulations from the 3rd placed Schitts Creek Team !   A supreme effort and win.

Cheers LB 

Had you played your Joker this week instead of against us last week you win the comp, that’s how close the comp was 

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Our Maizcay said:

thanks Peter for another great comp, very enjoyable and really appreciate all the work you put into it

congratulations to the Puppet Masters, nice win

thanks to my team, good bunch of guys and we did ok, finished on a high note, still one paddle left maybe

jokers were the difference for us unfortunately, we won 5 matches, more than any other team but only earned 6 points from jokers while the winners earned 10 points and the runners up 9 points.  i blame the skipper for that one 🙂

We interrupt the Moet to the Max party for the second time to pontificate on what's been done and what might be done ...

because the Triple Joker is potentially so powerful for any one team in the Comp, Max would like to see a suitable reward (ie Comp pts) offered to teams that reach big aggregates, whether or not they win their matches...

eg Bonus Pt now 1pt for $1320

how bout another for any team that smashes $2000

sounds easy but doesnt happen often ... this incentive would encourage teams to take bigger risks ie pick more ruffies esp if they fall off the pace... 

Adios again amigos ..it's back to the roller skates and more ELO/ONJ until the footie at 3am

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1