The Race Place

Spring NPC Super Comp Results thread

PWJ

To win- (based on the protest being unsuccessful)

The Kauri Kats need:

El Salto or Along The River to win for Max

OR

Snapper to win for Pam

OR

Lempicka to win for Pam (must pay $20.00+ or Snapper to complete the Q)

The Blues need:

Picarones to win for Pete

OR

a Treporti-Picarones quinella in that order AHIPE for Pete

The Chiefs need:

Hypothetical to win for Jack & Robert

The Magpies need:

a Picarones-Taunting quinella in that order AHIPE (seems unlikely)

Pam Pam Pam - I had Snapper as my third choice and decided to play it safe. Whata mistaka ta maka!!

Congratulations Maxi and the Kauri Kats, an epic battle and if I recall we did the same to you in the round robin with a late winner. Well done Pam you never gave up and got it done at the death

To the magnificent Turbos, so close and yet so far. Every week my magnificent team mates stepped up and did the business and it looked as if you had done it again.

Ray, Steve, Gazz and Zig you are awesome blokes, I'm grateful for all the support and I hope we can combine again and exact our revenge!

And speaking of magnificence c'mon down PJ, another superb comp with amazing matches and your scoring and admin is truly a wonderful thing. Go well my friend!

Edited by Blind Squirrel
  • Like 5

THE SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP - Finals - Sat Nov 5

Race 10 - Flemington R9

1st - 2 Snapper W-$22.60

2nd - 9 Najeem Suhail Q - $78.80

Scr: 1,3,4,11,13,18,19

THE SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP - GRAND FINAL

3 Kauri Kats  - SPRING NPC SUPER COMP CHAMPIONS

$1456.60

2 Turbos

$1744.60

It's Snapper for dinner as Pam tips the Power pouncer to plough past Blind Squirrel and win the Comp for the Kauri Kats !! Congratulations Kats and especially the 3 Queens - Pam, Jen & Sharne who did the job today for the Northland crew. Pam picked up Kats MVP honours in the process while Gary with a huge tally was Man of the Match for the Turbos who led for 7 races only to go down at the death.

243 Sharne

82 Ziggy

233.60 Graeme

784 Gary

300 Max

436.40 Ray

252 Jen

41 Steve P

428 Pam

401.20 Blind Squirrel

THE SPRING CHAMPIONSHIP - 3rd play Playoff

1 Chiefs 

$1365.80

4 Swamp Foxes

$1545.40

No one found the final winner so the Swamp Foxes prevailed comfortably with Punter Pete edging Our Maizcay for Swampies' MVP honours while Gee - the sole Chief HTH winner was Man of the Match with a huge total.

65 Robert

190.80  Rees

237.80 Tassie Tiger

561.80  Punter Pete

841 Gee

108 Maria

123 Jack

145 Jamison

99 Lightning Blue

539.80 Our Maizcay

THE PRESIDENTS CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL

3 Ferdies

$740.00

2 Blues

$954.20

Only Roland managed to unearth the Moroney winner in the last and with it took Man of the Match honours but the Ferdies for whom Heather was MVP, held on to win. Thanks to the Blues for a close contest.

54 Tom

94 Gordy

197.80 Zac

101.40 Smiler

29 Maurice

566 Roland

221.80 PJ

122.80 Pete

237.40 Heather

70 Moose

THE WOODEN SPOON SHOWDOWN

2 Magpies

$867.00

3 Highlanders

$1025.40

No one found the winner in the last so the Highlanders held on to win with the Wooden Spoon being awarded to the hapless Magpies who led for 4 races in the middle of the program. Jase was 'Pies MVP while opponent Rex was Man of the Match tipping all 5 NZ winners.

203 Richie

244 Craig

125 Ian

73 Rob

136 Stevie N

215 Midnight Caller

178 Secret Squirrel

53 Hesi

288.40 Jason

377 Rex

Thanks to everyone for your participation and playing in such good spirit.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

STATS

Best Scores
841.00 Gee
784.00 Gary
566.00 Roland
561.80 Punter Pete
539.80 Our Maizcay

Worst Scores 

65.00 Robert

54.00 Tom

53.00 Hesi

41.00 Steve P

29.00 Maurice

Most Wins

7 Punter Pete

5 Tassie Tiger, Our Maizcay, Heather, Rex, Midnight Caller, Gary

Most Quinellas
1 Graeme, Ray, Blind Squirrel, Jason, Pete, Smiler, Zac, PJ, Heather, Gee, Tassie Tiger, Rees, Punter Pete, Our Maizcay

Biggest Winning Margin
841.00 Gee
108.00 Maria

Narrowest Winning Margin
145.00 Jamison

123.00 Jack

Highest Losing Score
401.20 Blind Squirrel

Lowest Winning Score
94.00 Gordy

Been an exciting comp PJ

Thanks for all the hard work you do.

This IMO the best comp so cheers to you.

Well done Highlanders we managed to stop the double spoon!!!!

Thanks Pies for the game , could have gone either way.

To My Team , great bunch of guys who I enjoy just being part of the team .......... who knows next time chaps.

Congratulations Kats , well played , enjoy the golden sunset.

• Like 6

Cheers for the match Chiefs, and another close match until the horse came a rockin!   

Sterling effort Gee 👍

Swampies !!  Well done today - a well deserved bronze around your neckaroodys!  .. with special shout outs to OM and Pete ... free swamp fire water coming your way tonight lads, consume in moderation! 🥂  

Our Maizcay, Ye Old Pete, Rees and Jamo - Swamp Foxes extraordinaire .. it's been a pleasure - you've turned up each week, got involved in the team banter and we've had some great matches over the comp and managed to wrack up some beaut totals.   Thanks for the fun! 🙂

As always - thanks ever so much PJ 🤗

• Like 6

THE FINAL MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

3768.20 Gary (Turbos) (6/3)

3115.00 Graeme (Kauri Kats) (4/5)

3054.40 Maria (Swamp Foxes) (4/5)

3038.60 Robert (Chiefs) (6/3)

2925.00 Roland (Blues) (4/5)

2918.20 Ray (Turbos) (5/4)

2846.80 Rees (Swamp Foxes) (6/3)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PWJ said:

THE FINAL MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

3768.20 Gary (Turbos) (6/3)

3115.00 Graeme (Kauri Kats) (4/5)

3054.40 Maria (Swamp Foxes) (4/5)

3038.60 Robert (Chiefs) (6/3)

2925.00 Roland (Blues) (4/5)

2918.20 Ray (Turbos) (5/4)

2846.80 Rees (Swamp Foxes) (6/3)

Graeme was first draft choice a while back

• Like 1

Thanks PJ - another thrilling and thoroughly enjoyable comp. Your hard work is appreciated.

My granddaughters 1st birthday party today then I sneak away to Tauherenikau to watch Prioress attempt to be my 50th winner as an owner.  TAB money compliments of a wee percentage of the Roch N Horse trifecta will be firmly in place on her to do the trick but realistically be happy to see her zooming home late.

• Like 3

Finally, just what you Compsters have been waiting for …a few words short novel from Max – well, someone has to fill in for Howie. So here it is:

Tis the afternoon after the Spring NPC Grand Final the arvo before, when the Kauri Kats pulled off the Heist of the Century against the formidable Turbos (aka Windbreakers),

And why, you ask, has it taken so long for this written wrap to be wrapped? Cos that’s what happens when the KKs throw a Snapper ‘N’ Moet party, with the bubbles flowin’ like it’s Melbourne Cup Week.

You shoulda seen that wily ol’ Foxy One, aka The Magnificent One,  movin’ an’ groovin’ on the dance floor, spinning Wham Bam Pam around with some rock n roll moves Elvis woulda been proud of …just watchin’ was enuf to give the busy host cap’n Max a hernia!

The other two VIPs, Sharne and Jen, were more demure – but not much, and no photographers (snappers) were allowed. As the famous saying goes, “what happens on Maxi’s Moet Floor stays on Maxi’s Moet Floor.

This was a relatively small ‘invite-only’ party. A couple of invitees couldn’t make it at short notice – including The Legendary Scorer PJ, who couldn’t hire a plane in time and was knackered after Cup Week,  and the Hesi-meister was too embarrassed to turn up, having declared the Kauri Kats "might turn to gloop" when he framed the market. (Mind you, there was plenty of gloop in Kat-land after the first three rounds.)

Best of all, the formidable Turbos were all there, gracious and generous in defeat. Hats off to Blind Squirrel, Ray, Gary, Ziggy and Steve P. Max nearly had kittens when Snapper was hanging on all the way down the long Flemo straight.

Gary, you certainly had the ‘wood’ on us KKs both times we met – well done, good sir. And your overall team efforts were ultra-consistent with heavy scoring throughout the series. Just unlucky to get whambammed by Pam in the last.

End of story. Only the cleaning up to do – and as usual, it’s Max left to do it. Mrs W has taken the Wee Weasels off to the park, claiming it will clear her head and help find her knickers!! What she doesn’t know is that Max, her Noble Hero, already knows – and he ain’t saying!

Adios for now, amigos. Thanks to all fellow competitors over the last 3 months, and hearty congrats to all winners. Another brill PJ Comp played in great spirit by everyone.

Kauri Kats Spring Comp 2022.jpg

Moet and snapper.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, brown fox said:

Actually Max I'm only taking the pills because I was told to.Totally pain free and walking around normally.Obviously a very good surgeon.

And Max was referring to the Picking Winners Pills, Foxy One..you are in a purple patch and we wouldn't want that to change

• Haha 1

• PWJ unpinned this topic