2nd 7 CRUSADERS $4943.60

3rd 7 BLUES^ $4419.40

4th 6 TURBOS^ $4545.00

5th 4 HURRICANES*^ $4950.20

6th 4 KAURI KATS* $3853.60

7th 3 FERDIES* $4351.20

^ bye used

* joker used

The Chiefs massive win today elevates them 3 places to lead the table pushing former leaders - The Crusaders - back to 2nd after they went down to The Kauri Kats who climbed out of the cellar as a result. Despite winning the Blues remain 3rd while the Turbos slipped two places to 4th after their bye only yielded 1 point. The Hurricanes defeat ensured they remain 5th. Just 3 Rounds remain to sort out the 4 Finalists and just 6 points cover the field.

STATS 
Best Scores
720.20 Ian
631.00 Gee
460.60 Virgil
428.00 Punter Pete
422.20 The Crucible

Worst Scores 

92.20 Hesi

83.00 John

73.00 Tom

45.20 Heather

0.00 Rees

Most Wins

5 Gee

5 Ian

5 Punter Pete

5 Steve P

Most Quinellas
3 Rex

3 Steve P

3 Gary

Biggest Winning Margin
720.20 Ian
168.00 Zac

Narrowest Winning Margin
277.00 Roland

273.00 Porky

Highest Losing Score
408.00 Ashoka

Lowest Winning Score
130.00 Gordy

Round 5 Draw - Sat Feb 8
Meetings will be Te Rapa and Caulfield (and possibly "The Farm")

I will be at the sales next week so will need someone to score each match. Volunteers please

HURRICANES (5th) vs CHIEFS (1st)

Porky v Jack
Hesi v Ian
Virgil v Stevie N
The Crucible v Gee
John v Punter Pete

BLUES (3rd) vs TURBOS (4th)
Pete v Rees
Howie v Ray
Geoff v Steve P
Gordy v Blind Squirrel
Roland v Gary

FERDIES (7th) vs CRUSADERS (2nd)
PJ v Tom
Zac v Robert
Ashoka v Rob
Maurice v Craig
Heather v Rex

KAURI KATS (6th) - Bye

Thanks for playing everyone !

32 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Oh Maximus ….. heart in your mouth stuff in the last huh I AM IMMORTAL if it wins craig catches thee and result is weversed 😉

don't think so, Sir G cos I Am Immortal was my BB so I had Craig covered...but if Miss Leonidas (or a few others ) had won, we'd be grovelling to the CrewSadists! 

A very tight low-scoring encounter that went to the wire ...the 1pt you earned for a slightly higher aggregate may be crucial in 3 weeks time.

Great fun today ...and hats off to the Chiefs, who had a day from heaven. Well done, y'all, esp Ian and Gee.

Tough comp as expected, with 3 rounds to go. I reckon the CrewSadists are glad they didn't opt for a Joker play today.

WELL DONE, KAURI KATS my feline friends,, as they say in the Bible "last shall be first" - and we snuck away with a 1st placing today.

Thanks for the H2H, Craig ... a.close one all day, mate. Must go ...some Canterbury Lamb on the Spit tonight 

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Congrats Maximus,

I am in a slump 0 - 4....sorry teammates,

It is I who needs a rock to crawl under!

NO NO NO CRAIG ….. NO SLUMP ….. remember every dollar earned contributes to points as well ☺️ and there/their are still lots coming up ….. just keep a smiling face and stay positive my friend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Gallivant said:

NO NO NO CRAIG ….. NO SLUMP ….. remember every dollar earned contributes to points as well ☺️ and there/their are still lots coming up ….. just keep a smiling face and stay positive my friend.

Piss off Rex. Lol . Every dollar earned contributes. Well today I contributed , hold on while I add up. Hhmmmm , oh shiite, zero. 

Well done Rees , pat on the back and go to the top of the class and give out slates.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

totally agree, Sir G ..both teams found it hard picking winners today -the best any of us managed was 4 winners (by 2 out of 10 selectors) ..so the $1.60 advantage on aggregate is potentially very important in a tight Comp. No need to be disheartened.

MM

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Once again Thanks PJ for all your work ,  Very Good LUCK with the upcoming Sales and with that Dundeel colt.

PS: MAYBE IF IT DOESN'T REACH RESERVE PRICE …. COULD ONE BE SO CHEEKY TO REQUEST THAT SAID COLT IS DONATED TO RACE PLACE SYNDICATE (TONGUE VERY MUCH IN CHEEK) 😜

Actually that's a good call.I have a spare sulky sitting at Andy's place. Dundeal Hanover has a certain ring to it.

• Like 2

G'day, PJ.

I'll be able to score and commentate the Mighty Blues v Turbos match this coming Saturday.

Happy to step aside if someone else is keen to do the job instead, but on the assumption that everyone is happy for me to step up I will be glad  to do so.

This is likely to be a Mighty Blues Joker play day .... the caucus will get together to confirm during the week before a final decision is made. Will be a big call for 3rd placed Mighty Blues, as the Turbos are humming along beautifully in 2nd place. Big call ... but I'm happy to put Geoff's reputation on the line. ☺️

• Like 2

22 hours ago, TooFast said:

G'day, PJ.

I'll be able to score and commentate the Mighty Blues v Turbos match this coming Saturday.

Happy to step aside if someone else is keen to do the job instead, but on the assumption that everyone is happy for me to step up I will be glad  to do so.

This is likely to be a Mighty Blues Joker play day .... the caucus will get together to confirm during the week before a final decision is made. Will be a big call for 3rd placed Mighty Blues, as the Turbos are humming along beautifully in 2nd place. Big call ... but I'm happy to put Geoff's reputation on the line. ☺️

That would be a big call!

Three teams have targeted the Turbos in ghost play. All three have been sent packing. 

Another team were so confident of easy pickings they laid down their Joker. We laid out their team. 

Just saying.....     😎

cheers
R   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mighty Blues caucus has convened.

We've taken Ray's steely words of foreboding into the reckoning .... and have promptly disregarded them.😁. The general consensus around our boardroom  is that other random miscellaneous over-hyped under-performing teams have lacked the firepower that the Mighty Blues will bring to the table this Saturday.

Joker play this Saturday ?

We're go for lift-off !

mainwaring.png

• Haha 1

Out of courtesy, the Turbos are named first

TURBOS          2      trail               MIGHTY BLUES      3

Steve P           33            leads               Geoff                          0

Rees                46           leads               Pete                             0

Ray                     0           trails                Howie                        33

B Squirrel           0          trails               Gordy                         66

Gary                 33           trails                Roland                       46    

Turbos = 112

Mighty Blues = 145

Mighty Blues strike first, out to a 3-2 lead.

BB for Gordy ...........while Roland & Rees both scored the quinella.

Mighty Blues are very keen on Loire & Jennifer Eccles for the next.

Turbos have a bit of interest in Brahma Sunset..

Ful lresult for R1 based on sir G's calcs as above ...

2 FERDIES (7th) 141.40 

1 CRUSADERS (1st) 99.00

Ashoka (with a BBQ) and Maurice get the Ferdies started, while Tom, Rob and Rex named the wining co-fave to give the Naki an early narrow lead.

0.00 PJ

33.00 Tom

0.00 Zac

0.00 Robert

75.40 Ashoka

33.00 Rob

Edited by Maximus

23 minutes ago, TooFast said:

TURBOS          2      trail               MIGHTY BLUES      3

Steve P           33            trails               Geoff                          42

Rees                74.80     leads               Pete                             0

Ray                     0           trails                Howie                        75

B Squirrel           0          trails               Gordy                         87

Gary                 54           leads              Roland                       46    

Turbos = 161.80

Mighty Blues = 250

Mighty Blues  maintain a 3-2 lead., with Geoff reeling in Steve P at the same time as Gary overtakes Roland.

BBs for the Blues Brothers Geoff & Howie, and Rees strikes with back-to-back quinellas for the Turbos. This isn't shaping up as a white-flag day today for Rees.

Gordy & Gary also on the winner. 

Mighty Blues are very keen on a Travelling Light / Two Illicit quinella in the next.

Turbos have a lot of interest in Peloton as an early game-breaker..

as directly above, folks.