The Race Place

National Championship Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

2 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Ferdies were always the sleeping giant ready to explode at a moment's notice. Stacked with talent, more than any other team, it was incomprehesible that they were languishing in the cellar. As today proved, though their scores weren't fantastic and were boosted by a big play from the previously unheralded Zac.  I certainly wouldn't want to be bringing our Joker into play against the Ferdies. So I guess the KKs it is ! Hi ho Hi ho it's  off to work we Mighty Blues go. Can anyone deny the Mighty Blues a comp point in match play. Step up to the plate, if you think you're clever enough ! 😁

is that your way of acknowledgig that you are on 11pts not 12? LOL

2 minutes ago, Maximus said:

is that your way of acknowledgig that you are on 11pts not 12? LOL

I believe we are 11 ..... but as I said in a post somewhere today .... maths ain't my strong point. I even had to ask John what the Team Profit threshold would be for 8 races only.  If we are in fact 12, I'd be very happy to take it, and say thank you very much. 😊.

Sincere apologies people. The Auks’ points tally is corrected. In my defence I should point out that after a stressful day at the sales trying to bend the ears of Waterhouse, Galletta etc while keeping one eye on the rehab Ferdies, I followed it up with a mind blowing full oil one hour Thai massage and some outrageously good Quesadillas and a couple of Coronas at Parramatta’ stop Mexican hangout. I’m amazed I only made one error!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

well congrats to you and the MBs for taking the lead, well played today..no team profit and missed out on another 4pts from getting chicken-livered on the Joker play. LOL. Crew-sadists stuffed up even worser losing to the lowly-ranked Chieftains who had failed to trouble the scorers for a while. The next two weeks will be interesting and the KKs will have to have all claws sharpened and hope for a few other results to go their way to make the playoffs.

MM

• Haha 1

Don't write yourselves off just yet, Maxi.

I've seen less competent teams than the KKs make the playoffs before in PJ Comps !

Not often though. I'll concede that. 😁

She'll need some Sharne and Jen 'super-sparkle' in the long road home, surely ... and then some !

If we brought on our bench next Saturday would that help ?  Roland's been working very hard nabbing handy longshots week after week to keep Mighty Blues at the forefront of the leaderboard. Maybe he's due one of those sabbaticals like Beaudy is on ?  Maybe we'll rest some of the boys so that we're suitably refreshed for the bigger challenges ahead in the playoffs. 

We'll see. 😂

9 hours ago, PWJ said:

THE TABLE after Round 5

1st 11 BLUES^ $5356.40

2nd 9 CHIEFS^ $5492.80

3rd 8 HURRICANES*^ $5883.80

and then we drop ...... we drop a long way 

⬇️

7th 5 KAURI KATS^* $4419.60

oh ... that's sad ........ 12 points looked so much better than 11   ! 😔

But at least that's brought an end to that pesky Maxi's whining ! hehe

• Like 1

Not whining, simply alerting everyone's attention to the fact that the Mighty Blues aren't in front by as much as they thought. Am expecting to receive a sincere vote of thanks from Chiefs and Canes captains at least for being ON THE CASE last night when PJ was clearly under the affluence of incohol and the ministrations of Madam Woo at  Parramatta's Thai House of Pain.

And here's more food for thought as you head off belatedly to church; all 4 teams that have played their Joker have scored 0 pts from it.  It's jinxed, mate. You wouldnt wanna play yours against the KKs ...would ya?

MM

• Haha 2

I,m predicting a wind shift out on the Manakau Harbour when the blues hoist the big (joker) spinnaker.

The wind will drop to Zero, the crew, tripping over each other to pull in the mainsail.

It will get tangled in the mast and boom and the Canes will go sailing on by.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Porky said:

I,m predicting a wind shift out on the Manakau Harbour when the blues hoist the big (joker) spinnaker.

The wind will drop to Zero, the crew, tripping over each other to pull in the mainsail.

It will get tangled in the mast and boom and the Canes will go sailing on by.  

And then you woke up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You wouldn't want to be sailing on the Manukau harbour Porky, likely to either drag the keel on the numerous sandbanks, or end up being flushed out by an outgoing tide and end up in Aus.

That current through the heads is 11 knots, and even those wondrous Blues can't beat that........pissing in the wind, so to speak

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Say No More said:

Peter are you sure you've been tallying up the Kats aggregate correctly?  Looks awfully light!  😎

Oh PJ's right alright, John .......... Kauri Kats are definitely playing that poorly.  😎

I'm even wondering if we even need to take our full Mighty Blues' complement into battle this coming Saturday, Joker play and all, ...... something for our Blues' caucus to muse over this week in the lead-up. 

11 points or 12 points makes little difference ..... both well beyond reach of the Kauri Kats ...even with a step-ladder ! 😁

12 hours ago, Ashoka said:

Our vexatious pedant-mustelid is a master of the art of pedantry, such that I now realise that I still have much to learn in this regard  Why then, do I feel that, insted of studying the master, I want to wring his stoat neck and palm off his pelt as that of an ermine?

Oh...right...I keep forgetting...I am not a nice person.

Free tuition is available to the right people at the right time. (Would-e) murderers of Mustelids need not apply.

12 hours ago, Say No More said:

A few upsets yesterday and things have really tightened up on the table.  Those remaining Jokers could make a big difference (if someone uses one to good effect) and who knows a good aggregate might be worth half a point in deciding final placings.

However Canes, lets not rely on that - lets win our final two matches (against the 6th and 7th placed teams) and march on to the play-offs.

bbb😎

Peter are you sure you've been tallying up the Kats aggregate correctly?  Looks awfully light!  

A very good point you raise, SNM ..

Table after Round 4 (as posted by PJ)

6th 4 KAURI KATS* $3853.60

KKs score yesterday (Round 5) as posted by Max $666.00

= new total after Round 5 ... $4519.60

score posted today by SNM (above) 7th 5 KAURI KATS^* $4419.60

I feel a Royal Commission of Enquiry comin' on !!

MM

Edited by Maximus

On 2/8/2020 at 9:21 PM, PWJ said:

Round 6 Draw - Sat Feb 15
Meetings will be Ellerslie, Randwick and Flemington (but subject to change).

CHIEFS (2nd) vs CRUSADERS (4th)

Jack v Rob
Gee v Rex
Punter Pete v Robert
Ian v Craig
Stevie N v Tom

BLUES (1st) vs KAURI KATS (7th)

Geoff v Graeme
Pete v Sharne
Gordy v Jen
Roland v Rocky
Howie v Maximus

TURBOS (6th) vs HURRICANES (3rd)
Steve P v Hesi
Rees v Virgil
Ray v John
Gary v Porky
Blind Squirrel v The Crucible

Bye - FERDIES (5th)

Jumped the gun i did ….. here I was thinking we had the bye this week ….. now I see we are up agin the mini mighty CHIEFS …… but UNLIKE the rugger match …...RESULT will be different 😜

On 2/11/2020 at 10:49 AM, Sir Gallivant said:

Jumped the gun i did ….. here I was thinking we had the bye this week ….. now I see we are up agin the mini mighty CHIEFS …… but UNLIKE the rugger match …...RESULT will be different 😜

a scoreless draw?

MM

• Haha 2