The Race Place

National Championship Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

2 minutes ago, sharne said:

You are probably right but you never know may find a winner 

Don't you rush, Sharne, you just pace yourself ..... there's always next week ! 

Mighty Blues have a script for you to follow ....and it doesn't involve you ' maybe finding a winner' ! 😄

• Like 1

Just now, pete said:

The Captain chimes in...

and not before time, Pete ! 😊

We're starting to look good for a Team Profit & Higher Aggregate x2 for Joker, even if the worst comes to the worst and the KKs edge us out in matchplay.

Let's finish this off in style, Mighty Blues "teamies' !

• Like 1

Mighty Blues won't be wanting Pohutukawa to win, not at its current good price.

Will definitely be wanting to Reelem in Ruby to win for Pete, and if Pohutukawa doesn't win then will at least be wanting Reeem in Ruby to finish ahead of Sharne's Connemara.

That's my rough assessment, but I've been known to be wrong before making late rough assessments ! 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Just popping out for a bit - final race updates in about an hour or so.

In the Turbos vs Canes match the Canes lead by 1 but the Turbos have six horses in the last that will I think can win the match for them - Fiesta, Pohutukawa, Sweet Scandal, Connemara, Dawn Dawn and Seasons.

Doesn't leave many for the Canes to cheer for 😞

Go Ruby!

Yes ! Go Ruby ! You can join Roland in the Mighty Blues 'Hall of Fame' ! Go Ruby ! Reel em 'in. How hard can it be ? ! 😁

5 minutes ago, Say No More said:

Just popping out for a bit - final race updates in about an hour or so.

In the Turbos vs Canes match the Canes lead by 1 but the Turbos have six horses in the last that will I think can win the match for them - Fiesta, Pohutukawa, Sweet Scandal, Connemara, Dawn Dawn and Seasons.

Doesn't leave many for the Canes to cheer for 😞

Go Ruby!

I'm piling the money on both Reelem in Ruby & Resin. 

That should help our chances...

cheers
R

• Haha 1

Also ran:

• 10-Dawn Dawn-Jamie Spencer(3.5L)
  • 3-Noire-Glen Boss(3.6L)
  • 7-Sweet Scandal-Kathy O'Hara(4.1L)
  • 11-Seasons-Andrew Adkins(4.3L)
  • 6-Resin-Rachel King(4.5L)
  • 8-Connemara-Jason Collett(5.6L)
  • 1-Reelem in Ruby-Tim Clark(5.7L)
  • 4-Fiesta-Brenton Avdulla(7.1L)
  • 13-Lashes-Jean Van Overmeire (a)(7.4L)

Note: Numbers shown are the distance from winner in lengths.

Congrats Canes. Tough battle with both sides deserving of points in the end.

Thought we were in with a real show with 6 chances to win in the last (plus the two Canes hopes that I jinxed) but alas, not to be. 

Nice wins Gary and Rees but also Steve & Squirrel who fought right to the wire. 

We've got the Chiefs next week in a double joker match with the victor assured of a semi finals berth so study hard team.

Thanks for scoring John. But there's definitely a pattern emerging. Howie scored our match last week, the Blues win. John this week...etc

P.J. if you can't make it next week, I'm scoring!!! 

cheers
R

Edited by Rayzor
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Many, many thanks for your sterling performance commentating and scoring all matches today, John. Brilliant effort. ✔️Lots of interesting matches 'to'-ing and 'fro'-ing today, and as John said this would be the closest PJ comp for many years, quite surprising really that it's coming in a regional comp rather than a draft pick comp. For us Mighty Blues that man Roland stood up big-time in support of the Joker play with this his latest in a string of top scores making him undeniably the 'form' selector in this present comp. Big 'ups' to you Roland ...and to the rest of our Blues :teamies" who all contributed to get us over the line for a Team Profit.  Hoping we can finish Round-Robin off in style next week to take out the Minor Premiership - looks do-able with the handy lead we have, though the Ferdies are a formidable outfit and are rounding nicely into good form. Thanks for the game today Maxi and the Kauri Kats - knew you'd be tough and you were. Well done on your 3-2 win and the valuable 2 points into your coffers. Thanks again, John, and PJ for these wonderful comps. See you next Saturday, folks.  Special mention of Rees today, bouncing back nicely into form. Well done, fella. 👍

Edited by TooFast
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1