The Race Place

National Championship Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Mighty Blues needing $163 for a Team Profit Bonus Point.

With all 5 players with BBs in play, $163 can be considered entirely possible.

Scales of Justice is the one the Mighty Blues are mostly looking to, though Hey Doc will be a big help also.  And who would bet against Mighty Roland producing Fifty Stars to do it at any old money to round out the day nicely for the Mighty Blues.

13 minutes ago, TooFast said:

All 10 players in this match have Best Bets in this final race coming up, and the Turbos have gone big on Begood Toya Mother and Ringerdingding. Either of those get up, and the Turbos will be home for all money.

Begood Toya Mother yes but I don’t see how Ringerdingding gets them more than 2 wins Howie.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Say No More said:

Apologies but I have to head out to a movie shortly and won't be able to post final scores until later this evening.  Below is a table that shows the current scores in our match along with the picks in the final two races.  The picks shaded in olive/green represent Best Bets.

image.png.2b339373f58e617e8996ceb244600c6e.png

The only action in the last 2 races

Jack overtakes Porky in R7, but then Porky blitzes Jack with a BB winner and 262 points, to give the Canes a 5-0 win

• Haha 1

No-one in the Mighty Blues v Turbos match on winner Alabama Express - so match ends 5-0 to Mighty Blues with unfortunately no Team Profit.

Oh how I wish I'd gone ahead with the Joker play that I chickened out on. Oh well, coulda, woulda, shoulda. Sorry, teamies.  

Still - another 4 points into the Mighty Blues' kitty - better than a slap around the ears. Maintaining our record of having scored in every match we've played.

MIGHTY BLUES                         TURBOS

Roland          383           beat     Blind Squirrel        91.60

Howie            187.60     beat     Ray                         41

Geoff             154.60      beat    Stevie P                  114

Gordy             122            beat   Blind Squirrel         91.60

Pete               89.80         beat    Rees                       88.80

----------                                                    -----------

937                                                        427

Thanks very much for the game, Ray and the Turbos. Not your day today but you've had very good performances overall thus far in the comp, and you're definitely championship contenders. Good luck with the remainder of Round Robin. ✔️

Well done, my Blues guys. Job well done. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks.

I'm off to read a book I've been presented with :- titled 'Playing the Joker 101'  😄

• Like 2

Congrats Howie and the Blues. A comfortable win without breaking a sweat.  Thought we were setting ourselves up nicely when Beegood Toya Mother swept up to challenge in the straight. But jockey Declan "Bluey" Bates  had other ideas and the TURBOS were sent crashing back down to earth.  Ground control to Major Tom...

Still, we do have our joker to play and with 2 matches remaining we are very much alive.    

cheers
R

• Like 2

Folks I edited race 8 with the correction of Ashoka and with my apologies ..... it is now Race 10 with the result not changing anything.

Congrats Ferdies //////  We had to have a bad one …… Guys we get the bye next week feed back on which combination we will challenge please when PJ LISTS MATCHES.

DON'T FORGET TROT CHALLENGE STARTS TOMORROW..../ THANKS REX.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, TooFast said:

No-one in the Mighty Blues v Turbos match on winner Alabama Express - so match ends 5-0 to Mighty Blues with unfortunately no Team Profit.

Oh how I wish I'd gone ahead with the Joker play that I chickened out on. Oh well, coulda, woulda, shoulda. Sorry, teamies.  

Still - another 4 points into the Mighty Blues' kitty - better than a slap around the ears. Maintaining our record of having scored in every match we've played.

MIGHTY BLUES                         TURBOS

Roland          383           beat     Blind Squirrel        91.60

Howie            187.60     beat     Ray                         41

Geoff             154.60      beat    Stevie P                  114

Gordy             122            beat   Blind Squirrel         91.60

Pete               89.80         beat    Rees                       88.80

----------                                                    -----------

937                                                        427

Thanks very much for the game, Ray and the Turbos. Not your day today but you've had very good performances overall thus far in the comp, and you're definitely championship contenders. Good luck with the remainder of Round Robin. ✔️

Well done, my Blues guys. Job well done. 

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks.

I'm off to read a book I've been presented with :- titled 'Playing the Joker 101'  😄

'Playing the Joker 101'

Authored by the infamous Virgil VvD ? Best Bets 101 is another great read in that series

😧

• Haha 1

provisional only, subject to confirmation/denial by PJ. This is how I scored the Ferdies/Crusaders match.

5 FERDIES (7th) 923.80  4pts

0 CRUSADERS (1st) 573.60  0pts 

A low scoring match led by Zac’s $327.60 for the Ferdies. No one else managed $200 in an upset whitewash by the erstwhile cellar-dwellers against the erstwhile Comp leaders! No bonus points were earned.

In the Ghostly Encounter, the KKs aggregate of $666.00 was enough to beat the Saders but not the Ferdies, earn the Kitties 1pt.

124.80 PJ

68.00 Tom

327.60 Zac

138.80 Robert

155.80 Ashoka

110.00 Rob

178.80 Maurice

139.80 Craig

136.80 Heather

117.00 Rex

Edited by Maximus

2 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Hard day at the office . Like Ray I thought as Begood Toya Mother swept up, Xmas had come early and we were home. 

Doesn't feel as bad as Zero though Pete.

It was a bloody tough day Rees. I was in the chair for the Punters Club and two noses away from a really nice collect. Such is life.

We've got two $30 bonus bets to spend tomorrow at the red hots so if you have any winners please sing out.

THE TABLE after Round 5

1st 11 BLUES^ $5356.40

2nd 9 CHIEFS^ $5492.80

3rd 8 HURRICANES*^ $5883.80

4th 7 CRUSADERS* $5517.20

5th 7 FERDIES* $5275.00

6th 6 TURBOS^ $4972.00

7th 5 KAURI KATS^* $4519.60

^ bye used

* joker used

The Blues 5-zip triumph today catapulted them to the top of the table while defeat for The Chiefs saw them slip back to 2nd. The 'Canes were also impressive winners and gained two places as did the Ferdies who also managed a 5-0 success. The Crusaders and Turbos each lost two places in defeat while the bye team - The Kauri Kats - took a point but nevertheless slid back to the cellar. With two rounds remaining the Crusaders and Ferdies still have byes to sit out while the Turbos, Chiefs and Blues still have a Joker up their sleeve. Everyone is in with a chance of a top 4 finish and Finals berth.

• Like 1

Round 6 Draw - Sat Feb 15
Meetings will be Ellerslie, Randwick and Flemington (but subject to change).

CHIEFS (2nd) vs CRUSADERS (4th)

Jack v Rob
Gee v Rex
Punter Pete v Robert
Ian v Craig
Stevie N v Tom

BLUES (1st) vs KAURI KATS (7th)

Geoff v Graeme
Pete v Sharne
Gordy v Jen
Roland v Rocky
Howie v Maximus

TURBOS (6th) vs HURRICANES (3rd)
Steve P v Hesi
Rees v Virgil
Ray v John
Gary v Porky
Blind Squirrel v The Crucible

Bye - FERDIES (5th)

• Like 1

Max, my calculation is we Mighty Blues got 4 points today for our 5-0 victory. To get the 5th point we would have needed to get a Team Profit (which we missed on when we went scoreless in the last when we had all our Aussie Best Bets riding).

I see your point Maxi .... looks like we had 7 points going into today's match and so should have a total 11 points instead of 12. Still top-of-the-table though. 😊 PJ has been very generous to us Mighty Blues bless him. Thank you, PJ.

My calculator tells me that with 11 points going in to next Saturday; joker play (unless revoked by a gormless Team Captain)  against a struggling Kauri Kats outfit  to reap another 10 points, we should be looking come next Sunday at a total 21 points. ✔️ Life is good if you're living in the City of Sails ! 👍

6 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Max, my calculation is we Mighty Blues got 4 points today for our 5-0 victory. To get the 5th point we would have needed to get a Team Profit (which we missed on when we went scoreless in the last when we had all our Aussie Best Bets riding).

I see your point Maxi .... looks like we had 7 points going into today's match and so should have a total 11 points instead of 12. Still top-of-the-table though. 😊 PJ has been very generous to us Mighty Blues bless him. Thank you, PJ.

My calculator tells me that with 11 points going in to next Saturday; joker play (unless revoked by a gormless Team Captain)  against a struggling Kauri Kats outfit  to reap another 10 points, we should be looking come next Sunday at a total 21 points. ✔️ Life is good if you're living in the City of Sails ! 👍

one step at a time, Howie..fact is, you have 11pts not 12. Cant wait for you to offload that Joker against the softie KKs. Did you see what happened today to the Joker-playing Crewsadists against the cellar dwelling Ferdies? Ouch!

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 1

Ferdies were always the sleeping giant ready to explode at a moment's notice. Stacked with talent, more than any other team, it was incomprehesible that they were languishing in the cellar. As today proved, though their scores weren't fantastic and were boosted by a big play from the previously unheralded Zac.  I certainly wouldn't want to be bringing our Joker into play against the Ferdies. So I guess the KKs it is ! Hi ho Hi ho it's  off to work we Mighty Blues go. Can anyone deny the Mighty Blues a comp point in match play. Step up to the plate, if you think you're clever enough ! 😁