The Race Place

National Championship Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

4 minutes ago, Say No More said:

I might be wrong, but I don't think the Kats can beat the Canes.

Virgil and Porky have both won their matches and while Miss Siska would see Graeme get ahead of John, it would also see Hesi pass Jen.

I stand corrected. Nice work John

Well we threw everything including the kitchen sink at the Chiefs today but it was not to be. 

Congrats Chiefs, tit for tat all the way to the finish line. Good luck in the play-offs. As for Punter Pete, well he was in a competition of his own. Bad luck drawing him Steve!

Great performance today too Squirrel. Well done mate.   

Didn't always get the rub of the green this season but most times we gave ourselves a chance. So thanks guys. 

Top scoring today John, that live table kept us on our toes. And thanks as always P.J. Your comps are always a joy. 

cheers
R

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Sorry team …… we tried …… Great effort however ….. I would be happy to captain y'all in the future if u wanted me too. 

Congratulations to those who qualified for the finals ……. those ferdies  picking roughies that keep winning ouch !!!! ….. the three favourites will be also rans if those results continue to run for them.

Good Luck to you all …… I Will watch with close interest and wait for PJ'S NEXT COMP !!!☺️

• Like 5

Fascinating day in a fascinating competition !

Congratulations to those teams who now go on to the Championship Round playoffs - the Mighty Blues, Ferdies, Chiefs and Hurricanes. Sterling stuff, but of course much merit also in the performances of the other teams the Crusaders, Turbos, and Kats who all played with skill, style and aplomb and in particular the Crusaders and Turbos very close to going through. Very small margins in this competition, which makes this comp the success that it is. Most likely the most closely-fought comp I've been in, in terms of evenness of teams. As we Mighty Blues found today, cruising along with everything fitting perfectly into place, we cross the ditch and in the space of just a couple of races we were decimated.

On a personal level,  hearty congrats to the Ferdies on their win today over the comp leaders Mighty Blues. The Ferdies a looming ominous presence in the comp with momentum well up as we head into the playoffs.

Many thanks to my guys the Mighty Blues guys - Minor Premiership a good reward for strong efforts throughout round-robin. Good stuff Gordy (top effort today young fella), Pete, Geoff, and our undoubted star of the Minor Premiership - Roland !   But wait .... there's more ......... can Mighty Blues win the  Major Premiership .? ....YES WE CAN ! Our run ain't come to an end yet. 

Many, many thanks to John for a  brilliant performance  over the past 2 Saturdays with results and commentary - timely, accurate, insightful ! You're an absolute legend, John. Those 'live' charts were sensational. Really added something.

And of course many  thanks to PJ who runs these first-class PJ Comps. Best comps ever. Makes for enthralling entertainment each and every Saturday.

Rees ? ..... you still with me ? I tried to keep it short. Did I try hard enough ??  😁

Enjoy the rest of your week-end, folks.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Sorry team …… we tried …… Great effort however ….. I would be happy to captain y'all in the future if u wanted me too. 

Congratulations to those who qualified for the finals ……. those ferdies  picking roughies that keep winning ouch !!!! ….. the three favourites will be also rans if those results continue to run for them.

Good Luck to you all …… I Will watch with close interest and wait for PJ'S NEXT COMP !!!☺️

Thanks for all your input Rex, in fact all those that have contributed.

You have stepped up to the mark, more than anyone else in this comp, just as you have done in the Harness Comp.....greatly appreciated

Also noteworthy, is John stepping up and doing the scoring and, if that was possible, adding to it.

As other sites have found, without people taking the time to contribute, for a start, things like comps, tipping threads and punters clubs. could not exist.

The easiest thing in the world, is to sit on the sideline and criticise.  Unfortunately, it gets the site nowhere

Thanks

PS: To Howie and the Blues, you must be dreading it, win the minor premiership, then booted out the following week by a Canes team that is keeping it's powder dry....beware

• Like 2

Semi-Finals Draw - Sat Feb 29
Meetings will be Ellerslie, Flemington and Randwick.

BLUES (1st) vs HURRICANES (4th)

Howie v Virgil
Geoff v John
Pete v The Crucible
Roland v Hesi
Gordy v Porky

FERDIES (2nd) vs CHIEFS (3rd)
Zac v Stevie N
Ashoka v Ian
Heather v Jack
PJ v Punter Pete
Maurice v Gee

• Like 1

Big thanks to my Ferdies team mates today for carrying me on one of my worst day's tipping ever. At least Arrowfield bred the Blue Diamond winner and it was the 'Naki ex-pat Michael Walker who fittingly got us the win. Thanks again to John for all his work

Special thanks to the members of the Crusaders, Turbos and Kauri Kats who all came so close to making the FInals. As has been alluded to earlier this was one of the closest Super comps yet. 

The Draft Comp will follow hard on the heels of the Grand Final in this comp so keep checking in for details. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hesi said:

PS: To Howie and the Blues, you must be dreading it, win the minor premiership, then booted out the following week by a Canes team that is keeping it's powder dry....beware

haha, Alan .... every good site needs a comedy act to lighten the mood ....and I think we've found our man !  😊

Mighty Blues rolling around the floor in  fits of uncontrollable laughter at the surprise suggestion from left-field that we Blues Boys will be anything other than the best of good things  for  semis time next weekend.  

We'll be ready ! The ole Interprovincials Trophy will be a headin' home to Auckland !  ✔️