The Race Place

LUCKY SEVEN Round 7 - Sat July 1

PWJ

Close off at 11.34 a.m. (NZ time)

Decided to give Ruakaka a miss (Max will be disappointed) and stick to the real Winter slog at The Bay. A couple of sure to be keenly fought jumps contests to get you started with smallish fields which should see a few trifectas emerge. They are followed by Gary's Prioress taking on a handy winter WFA field, then it's off to Melbourne for the 'Winter Derby' that is the Mahogany Challenge Final. We finish the day with 3 form-packed races from the Sunny Coast. Do your homework well people !

N.B. Despite it's name the Flemington race is run on turf !

Good luck everyone !

Races are:

1. Hawke's Bay R3 - 12.04pm - Te Whangai Romneys Hawkes Bay Hurdles (PJR) - $70k, 3100m, open hdl

2. Hawke's Bay R6 - 1.42pm - AHD Animal Health Hawke's Bay Steeplechase (PJR) - $70k, 4800m, open stpl

3. Hawke's Bay R9 - 3.28pm - Team Wealleans Tauranga Classic (LR) - $65k, 1400m, WFA fillies/mares

4. Flemington R6 - 4.55pm - Polytrack Mahogany Challenge Final - $200k, 2500m, 3yos qlty hdcp

5. Sunshine Coast R6 - 5.23pm - Coastal Vehicle Solutions Caloundra Cup (LR) - $300k, 2400m, qlty hdcp

6. Sunshine Coast R7 - 6.02pm - Double R Group Winx Guineas (Gr3) - $350k, 1600m, 3yos SWs

7. Sunshine Coast R8 - 6.45pm - TAB Glasshouse Hdcp (LR) - $300k, 1400m, qlty hdcp

Qualifiers to date are: Trotslover, PJ, Lightning Blue, Punter Pete, Secret Squirrel & Ray

Three (3) selections per race. $10 each way bet on each while $1 box quinellas and $1 box trifetcas will feature combining all 3 selections. The person with the most winnings at the end of 7 races is the weekly winner. On the last day of the comp, the weekly winners will compete against each other in a big showdown Grand Final. If someone wins more than one round then the runner-up will qualify and so on.

THE RULES

1. Players. It's an individual comp. If you miss a round just join in for the next one.

2. Selections/Closing time. Competitors are required to select THREE runners per race. No subs are to be posted with your original selections. All selections should be posted at the same time although I may make allowances if this is not possible due to late arrival for posting. The comp will close 30 minutes before the first comp race. This will be firmly adhered to as I have a lot of writing up to do.

3. Scratching Rule. You may post replacements for any scratching by making a new post clearly indicating your replacement selection(s). This may now be done any time up until 30 minutes before the first race which I will refer to as CLOSING TIME.   After this point ALL selections are LOCKED IN. Late scratchings will then go to the TAB sub if not replaced prior to closing time. Normal scratchings will NOT BE REPLACED. If you have two late scratchings one will go to the TAB sub and the other will go to the TAB 2nd win fave.

4. Investments. Each selection will be regarded as an imaginary $10 each way bet. A $1 box quinella and a $1 box trifecta will combine all 3 selections. 

5. Best Bet. Each selector may choose one race each round as a "best bet" race. All $$$ earned from these races will be doubled. In the event of scratchings the same best bet (BB) will apply. There will be no transference to a subsequent race. If your best bet race is abandoned - bad luck !@

6. Elimination Card - Here's the catch ! THIS IS IMPORTANT. If you fail to collect twice - ie. from two of the comp races - during the course of they day, then you are automatically and immediately eliminated. Doesn't matter what your tally is at that point - you lose the lot ! So in other words to complete the day you are only allowed to draw one blank across the 7 races.

• PWJ pinned this topic

yes, quite disappointing that the best winter racing surface in the country (Slow 6 at worst) is ignored while the slippery scary (and prone to abandonment) Super Heavy track in the waterlogged Bay is considered better from a tipping point of view. Sigh. Never mind; it is what it is.

MM

10 hours ago, Maximus said:

yes, quite disappointing that the best winter racing surface in the country (Slow 6 at worst) is ignored while the slippery scary (and prone to abandonment) Super Heavy track in the waterlogged Bay is considered better from a tipping point of view. Sigh. Never mind; it is what it is.

MM

Another beautiful fine day in the Bay. 

Come Saturday the Hastings track should be spot on for the winter gallopers. 😉

1 hour ago, Zig said:

R1..1/2/6

R2..1/6/7

R3..5/8/11

R4..5/7/10 BB

R5..2/3/5

R6..3/4/6

R7..3/7/18

Cheers PJ (plz tell me you have run out of Fantasy trades?😛)

Haha ! In Champians League I've only got 10 left 😏

I'll get rolled this week for sure - Jesse scored 314 off Hynes alone last night. My captain this week is Warriors alpha Shaunie !

• Sad 1

1. Hawke's Bay R3 - 12.04pm - Te Whangai Romneys Hawkes Bay Hurdles (PJR) - $70k, 3100m, open hdl

1/2/6

2. Hawke's Bay R6 - 1.42pm - AHD Animal Health Hawke's Bay Steeplechase (PJR) - $70k, 4800m, open stpl

1/2/4

3. Hawke's Bay R9 - 3.28pm - Team Wealleans Tauranga Classic (LR) - $65k, 1400m, WFA fillies/mares

1/3/14 bb

4. Flemington R6 - 4.55pm - Polytrack Mahogany Challenge Final - $200k, 2500m, 3yos qlty hdcp

1/6/10

5. Sunshine Coast R6 - 5.23pm - Coastal Vehicle Solutions Caloundra Cup (LR) - $300k, 2400m, qlty hdcp

1/2/8

6. Sunshine Coast R7 - 6.02pm - Double R Group Winx Guineas (Gr3) - $350k, 1600m, 3yos SWs

2/4/13

7. Sunshine Coast R8 - 6.45pm - TAB Glasshouse Hdcp (LR) - $300k, 1400m, qlty hdcp

3/4/18

Prioress's biggest test to date but when they are in such great form mares deserve the opportunity to get the black type that will enhance their broodmare value. She continues to train on well and holding her condition so we know she goes into the race in good shape but you'd think she would start to show signs of needing a break soon.

1/2/3

1/2/4

5/8/14 **

1/3/4

1/2/8

2/4/7

3/11/18

Good luck everyone.  Could be some champagne corks popping tonight !!

• Like 2

R1.-2x4x6

R2.-4x6x10

R3.-8x12x13

R4.-3x10x13

R5.-3x4x10

R6.-2x9x17 BB

R7.-1x11x14 Many thanks!!

TAZZIE from the "Apple Isle". 

R1.-1x4x7

R2.-1x3x6

R3.-5x8x14

R4.-2x5x6

R5.-1x2x8

R6.-2x4x6

R7.-1x3x14 -

Well, that's them. I Can but Hope i past the first hurdle(literally)!