The Race Place

Autumn Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

The good the bad and the ugly, for those feeling pissed off tonight

The good  I have 7,821.50 worth of winning TAB tickets to collect

The bad  The TAB is shut so I can't collect, and about $200 worth of those tickets reach 6 months on 12 and 26 April(needless to say I am waiting on some helpful response from the TAB)

The ugly I asked Pete, if I transferred over some money to his TAB account would he put a bet on for me, but backed off because of The bad above

Needless to say the all up was going to be a $200 place or multi on Aliferous, Kementari(Special K) and Cascadian(Pete will confirm those horses)

Round 3 - Saturday Mar 28

Race 10 - Rosehill R9

1st - 3 Cascadian W-$6.60 

2nd - 6 Mask of Time Q-$69.80  

Scr: 5,11(L),16

Subs: #2 then #9

2 MUCH TOO FAST (6th)

$1470.00

2 points

3 FIVE-OH (1st)

$1243.00

2 points

Much Too Fast's best chance to steal the match - Rainbow Thief - only plugged into 4th so Five-Oh held on to win with their final collects comi g from Virgil,TC and MVP John. Craig, Rex and Man of the Match Ashoka all found the Darley winner and carried Much Too Fast past the team profit mark to add a bonus point to the one for a higher aggregate so each side took away two points.

291.40 Rex

22.00 Moose

451.80 Ashoka

256.80 Virgil

102.00 Howie 

283.60 The Crucible

277.00 Zac

290.00 Punter Pete

247.80 Craig

390.60 John

4 HALL OF FAME (3rd)

$1475.40

4 points 

1 COVID-Y* (4th)

$892.00

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points 

Covid-Y's desired quinella to snatch a win ran 4th-3rd so Hall of Fame not only held on comfortably but passed the team profit mark thanks to collects from Robert (BB), Leroy and Ian in the last. Covid-Y's Joker play went awry and Ray was their only player to score in the last. Porky with a couple of late longshot winner took Man of the Match honours while Stevie N was HOF MVP. Hall of Fame also took another bonus point for a 4-1 margin.

376.80 Stevie N 

173.00 Ray

273.80 Ian

456.00 Porky

275.00 Jamison

103.00 Rocky

243.40 Robert

81.00 Gary

306.40 Midnight C

79.00 Ziggy

3 THE TIGERS (8th)

$1077.20

2 points

2 ROLAND'S ROUGHNECKS (2nd)

$791.20

0 points

Rainbow Thief's 4th was the closest the Roughnecks came to turning the match around in the last so The Tigers held on to score their much-awaited first win with MVP Maurice bagging the last winner. Gordy was Man of the Match despite only tipping 4 winners. No bonus points were earned.

269.80 Jill

286.40 Pam

150.00 Tom

332.80 Gordy

304.80 Maurice

0.00 Gee

231.80 Sharne

172.00 Jen

110.80 PJ

0.00 Roland

5 MAXIMILLIONS (5th)

$1844.00

5 points 

0 THE JAMES GANG (7th)

$1056.40

0 points

Maximillions finished strongly to not only secure a team profit but secure a 5-zip margin after Graeme bagged a BB to nail Jack and Captain Max landed a beaut BB quinella to secure Man of the Match honours of an impressive Rob. For The James Gang MVP Hesi bagged a BB as did Pete and Blind Squirrel to improve their aggregate dramatically. The Maximillions took all 3 bonus points on offer to cap a big day for them.

628.20 Max 

324.40 Hesi

537.00 Rob

292.00 Pete

220.80 Graeme

196.00 Jack

347.20 Georgy Boy

213.00 Blind Squirrel

110.80 Heather

31.00 Steve P

TABLE after ROUND 3

1st 8 Five-Oh $3520.00

2nd 8 Hall of Fame $3442.40

3rd 8 Maximillions $3419.00

4th 5 Roland's Roughnecks $2824.60

5th 4 Much Too Fast $3601.20

6th 4 Covid-Y* $2057.00

7th 2 James Gang $2624.60

8th 2 The Tigers $2600.00

* Joker play

Five-Oh's win today keeps them at the top of the table but they face stiff competition to hold that lead with Hall of Fame climbing up a place to claim 2nd behind on only aggregate while Maximillions jumped two spots to also trail only on aggregate after their 5-zip clean sweep. Defeat for Roland's Roughnecks and Covid-Y cost them two places each while Much Too Fast made up a spot with their bonus points despite losing. The James Gang remain 7th despite losing but they are joined on 2 points by The Tigers who won but have yet to emerge from the cellar.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hesi said:

The good the bad and the ugly, for those feeling pissed off tonight

The good  I have 7,821.50 worth of winning TAB tickets to collect

The bad  The TAB is shut so I can't collect, and about $200 worth of those tickets reach 6 months on 12 and 26 April(needless to say I am waiting on some helpful response from the TAB)

The ugly I asked Pete, if I transferred over some money to his TAB account would he put a bet on for me, but backed off because of The bad above

Needless to say the all up was going to be a $200 place or multi on Aliferous, Kementari(Special K) and Cascadian(Pete will confirm those horses)

Confirmed.

STATS 

Best Scores
628.20 Max
537.00 Rob
456.00 Porky
451.80 Ashoka
390.60 John

Worst Scores 

79.00 Ziggy

31.00 Steve P

22.00 Moose

0.00 Roland

0.00 Gee

Most Wins
6 Maurice

Ashoka, Sharne, John, Virgil, The Crucible, Punter Pete, Hesi, Pete, Stevie N, Ian, Jamison, Midnight C, Porky

Most Quinellas
3 John
2 Georgy Boy

2 Rex

2 Pam

2 Gordy

2 Ian

Biggest Winning Margin
304.80 Maurice
0.00 Gee

Narrowest Winning Margin
290.00 Punter Pete

277.00 Zac

Highest Losing Score
324.40 Hesi

Lowest Winning Score
110.80 PJ

110.80 Heather

Well done, TC, John, and the 'Five Oh' team ✔️ .... backing up a 5-0 win last Saturday with another win today, this time over us 'Much Too Fast'. 

A well -balanced team, and definitely the hardest team to beat in this comp.

Well done also to my guys Ashoka, Zac, Rex, and Craig who well-compensated for  a lack-lustre Team Captain's performance by steering us through to a Higher Aggregate and Team Profit. 2 Valuable points into the kitty that could prove very useful later in the Comp.

Thank you very much for this wonderful entertainment today, PJ, for your updates and commentary.  Made what could have been a very lacklustre day a very enjoyable day instead.

Keep safe, everyone.

Cheers.

Howie

• Like 2

F..k it, she's a hard road to travel in these comps sometimes, as Pete will affirm to

I've progressed or regressed from the wrong side of narrowest winning margin 2 weeks in a row, to highest losing score

Not sure if I should be having another drink, or getting in a few more Covid 19 face masks.

Well done Maxi, I thought I had you in the last with Star Of The Seas, but still running

THE BIG QUESTION THOUGH, will we have any racing at Randwick next week, any news PJ, you will probably be the person most likely to know

• Like 2

Round 4 Draw - Sat Apr 4
Meeting will be Randwick plus one other from from somewhere if neccessary.

HALL OF FAME (2nd) vs FIVE-OH (1st)
Jamison v The Crucible
Ian v Punter Pete
Midnight C v Moose
Robert v John
Stevie N v Virgil

MUCH TOO FAST (5th) vs ROLAND'S ROUGHNECKS (4th)
Zac v Jen
Howie v Gordy
Craig v Pam
Ashoka v Roland
Rex v Gee

THE TIGERS (8th) vs MAXIMILLIONS (3rd)

Maurice v Graeme
Sharne v Rob
PJ v Georgy Boy
Tom v Heather
Jill v Max

COVID-Y (6th) vs THE JAMES GANG (7th)

Rocky v Blind Squirrel
Porky v Hesi
Ray v Steve P
Ziggy v Jack
Gary v Pete

15 minutes ago, Hesi said:

F..k it, she's a hard road to travel in these comps sometimes, as Pete will affirm to

I've progressed or regressed from the wrong side of narrowest winning margin 2 weeks in a row, to highest losing score

Not sure if I should be having another drink, or getting in a few more Covid 19 face masks.

Well done Maxi, I thought I had you in the last with Star Of The Seas, but still running

THE BIG QUESTION THOUGH, will we have any racing at Randwick next week, any news PJ, you will probably be the person most likely to know

I think the way racing has been conducted here and with the Championships about to happen we will get at least two more weeks of racing. The racing heads put a very strong case to the government 

Solid result the Fame team!

Another great commentary from PJ, like a thriller novel rolling off the keyboard! I just hope my teammates get into character next week! Tough task next week.

Bruno     Shorofsky   Coco  Angelo  Ralph  Lisa  Farrell  Montgomery  Lydia 😁

Let's not drop our hands!

Leroy

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, VvD said:

I get the sense this might be a little bit more than banter for you 😊

Looks like the VvD "how to avoid a downtrou" training worked for you.  You should come along again this week, we'll have a session on how to check for scratchings (always that one little step).

it's Very very Disappointing that you still have this habit of being r-r-rong about so many things, VvD. So I shall edify you accordingly:

• Banter is all it is, Virgil. Tough luck yesterday, by the way, mate ...I see you got smashed by the formidable Ashoka. A saying comes to mind: "always that one little step behind". 
  • For the record, the Mustelid did not attend your under-subscribed 'Downtrou Avoidance" training course. Rumour has it that captain Max is starting up a rival course called: Downtrous: Don't Just Avoid 'Em, Inflict 'Em! (I'll give you a 50% discount on the price of my Refresher Course as an act of goodwill since you'll still be smarting from yesterday's unexpected and heavy H2H defeat. You must be feeling, as they say, VvDisappointed.)
  • Thanks for the heads-up on scratchings protocol, but my imperfect methodology worked out OK yesterday. (How did your flawless approach work for you? Oh, that's right, you copped A-Shoka.) Looking at the old scoreboard, you can count yourself lucky you weren't up against captain Max yesterday.  Or Rob. Or Graeme. Or Georgy Boy ...
  • Fingers and toes crossed they don't pull the plug on racing in Oz any time soon. We've still got 11 weeks or more of this to go... if you can stand the heat in the Maximillions' kitchen!
  • Take care, stay safe and well.

MM

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Maximus said:

it's Very very Disappointing that you still have this habit of being r-r-rong about so many things, VvD. So I shall edify you accordingly:

• Banter is all it is, Virgil. Tough luck yesterday, by the way, mate ...I see you got smashed by the formidable Ashoka. A saying comes to mind: "always that one little step behind". 
  • For the record, the Mustelid did not attend your under-subscribed 'Downtrou Avoidance" training course. Rumour has it that captain Max is starting up a rival course called: Downtrous: Don't Just Avoid 'Em, Inflict 'Em! (I'll give you a 50% discount on the price of my Refresher Course as an act of goodwill since you'll still be smarting from yesterday's unexpected and heavy H2H defeat. You must be feeling, as they say, VvDisappointed.)
  • Thanks for the heads-up on scratchings protocol, but my imperfect methodology worked out OK yesterday. (How did your flawless approach work for you? Oh, that's right, you copped A-Shoka.) Looking at the old scoreboard, you can count yourself lucky you weren't up against captain Max yesterday.  Or Rob. Or Graeme. Or Georgy Boy ...
  • Fingers and toes crossed they don't pull the plug on racing in Oz any time soon. We've still got 11 weeks or more of this to go... if you can stand the heat in the Maximillions' kitchen!
  • Take care, stay safe and well.

MM

Guys can we keep this civil? I sense a rather unpleasant undercurrent to this that seems to going past friendly banter.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, VvD said:

If it happened just once then I might say it was a fluke Ashoka, but the fact that you do it consistently suggests otherwise.

I would agree, Virgil ...... the fact that we've had 3 rounds in this comp to date and Ashoka has featured in PJ's 'Top 5' in all 3 weeks lends credence to our belief that this is no fluke. And that's after Ashoka is the very first pick out of the draft, which indicates he has a background of very good success as a tipster prior to this comp.

If I fearure in PJ's 'Top 5' on any one occasion, it's usually a year and a half before I feature again !😃  I don't feature the next week .... and then the week after that !  

Great to have Ashoka on board .... and who knows where we'd be without him. 

• Like 1

I have just realized the races for Saturday's competition changed after I wrote them down on Wednesday afternoon, when race 6 at Ascot was the last race. When I entered my selections on Thursday, I was oblivious to the change, but worked out okay for our team.  Perhaps, it might be a good formula for me in the future

.Roll on this week!!!

Robert.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, TooFast said:

Great to have Ashoka on board .... and who knows where we'd be without him. 

Up shit street probably. He was just as good when I picked him for one of my Teams, in fact I think he has been in mine twice. Very astute man at the selection of winners is our Ashoka. 

Hats off to him.

1 hour ago, Double R said:

I have just realized the races for Saturday's competition changed after I wrote them down on Wednesday afternoon, when race 6 at Ascot was the last race. When I entered my selections on Thursday, I was oblivious to the change, but worked out okay for our team.  Perhaps, it might be a good formula for me in the future

.Roll on this week!!!

Robert.

Robert, my apologies for making the change. I am so pleased it didn't turn out badly for you. Just check back in these troubled times before you make your selections post. It's a very rare thing that I change the races but these are tricky times.

3 hours ago, PWJ said:

Robert, my apologies for making the change. I am so pleased it didn't turn out badly for you. Just check back in these troubled times before you make your selections post. It's a very rare thing that I change the races but these are tricky times.

All good Peter, and I will always check which races are the final ones.

So appreciate all your efforts, and time you put into making your competitions so exciting.

Thank you.

Robert.

• Like 1

Round 4 - Saturday Apr 4

Race 1 - Randwick R1

1st - 5 Doubtland W-$5.20 (a PJ mating) 

2nd - 3 Jerle Q-$36.70  

Scr: 7-11

2 HALL OF FAME (2nd) 208.00

0 FIVE-OH (1st) 104.00
John and Punter Pete get Five-Oh away-o but all the HOFs bar Jamison reply to ensure an early handy lead.

0.00 Jamison 

0.00 The Crucible

52.00 Ian

52.00 Punter Pete

52.00 Midnight C

0.00 Moose

52.00 Robert

52.00 John

52.00 Stevie N

0.00 Virgil

2 MUCH TOO FAST (5th) 104.00

1 ROLAND'S ROUGHNECKS (4th) 52.00
Gordy gets Roland's crowd underway but replies from Ashoka and Zac put MTF ahead.

52.00 Zac

0.00 Jen

0.00 Howie

52.00 Gordy

0.00 Craig

0.00 Pam

52.00 Ashoka

0.00 Roland

0.00 Rex

0.00 Gee

1 THE TIGERS (8th) 52.00

1 MAXIMILLIONS (3rd) 52.00

Only Maurice for The Tigers and Captain Max for Maximillions so even after one.

52.00 Maurice 

0.00 Graeme

0.00 Sharne

0.00 Rob

0.00 PJ

0.00 Georgy Boy

0.00 Tom

0.00 Heather

0.00 Jill

52.00 Max

2 COVID-Y (6th) 156.00

1 THE JAMES GANG* (7th) 104.00

Pete and Steve P make a start for the Joker-playing James Gang but replies from Ziggy, Ray and Porky ensure an early lead for Covid-Y

0.00 Rocky 

0.00 Blind Squirrel

52.00 Porky

0.00 Hesi

52.00 Ray

52.00 Steve P

52.00 Ziggy

0.00 Jack

0.00 Gary

52.00 Pete

* Joker Play