The Race Place

National Championships Winter Super Comp

PWJ

missed the race, so tks for the replay Craig ...we got a run for Mrs W's money.....holy shite I have to find some coins in a big hurry...bye ...
if I dont front for Winter Comp, call the cops ...

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 2

On 6/22/2020 at 11:33 AM, PWJ said:

THE TEAMS:

KAURI KATS (Northland) - Sharne, Graeme, Jen, Max, Rocky

FERDIES (Taranaki) - Maurice, Heather, Zac, PJ, Ashoka

HURRICANES (Wellington) - John, Porky, Hesi, Virgil,The Crucible

TURBOS (Manawatu) - Steve P, Blind Squirrel, Rees, Ray, Gary

CHIEFS (Waikato - Champs) - Gee, Jack, Ian, Stevie N, Punter Pete

BLUES (Auckland) - Gordy, Howie, Geoff, Pete, Roland

CRUSADERS (Canterbury) - Rex, Tom, Robert, Rob, Craig

BARBARIANS (Erehwon) - Mardy, Pam, Jamison or Moose, Ziggy, Richie

Moose has had a few PMs which he hasn't responded to yet. If he doesn't confirm by tomorrow, Jamison will be the 5th Barbarian.

The National Championship Super Comp starts in 2 weeks. We would love to have you aboard once again. Short comp lasting just 7 weeks. Same sides as before - Chiefs, Ferdies, Hurricanes, Blues, etc

Hope you can join in.

Take care

PJ

Report reply

mooseman  159

Replied: June 18

Thanks Peter.J.  I be in cheers the moose.!🍀

• Thanks 1

The teams are finalized (Captains elect in purple):

BARBARIANS (Erehwon) - Mardy, Pam, Moose, Ziggy, Richie

ROUND 1 DRAW - Sat Jul 4

Meetings will be Awapuni, Eagle Farm & Flemington

BARBARIANS vs TURBOS

Mardy v Blind Squirrel

Pam v Gary

Richie v Rees

Ziggy v Ray

Moose v Steve P

BLUES vs CRUSADERS

Gordy v Rex

Roland v Robert 

Howie v Craig

Geoff v Rob

Pete v Tom

CHIEFS vs KAURI KATS

Gee v Max

Ian v Graeme

Jack v Jen

Stevie N v Sharne

Punter Pete v Rocky

FERDIES vs HURRICANES

PJ v Virgil

Zac v Hesi

Ashoka v The Crucible

Maurice v John

Heather v Porky

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Someone care to frame a market with the usual smart arse commentary.

Ian, I think you did it last time, and made a pretty good fist of it.

You are in one of the lesser fancied teams, so probably less biased than a few of us

Mate, he's Captain of the reigning Champs !!!!

1 hour ago, PWJ said:

Mate, he's Captain of the reigning Champs !!!!

I would like to take the credit for that, but that belongs to me ole mate Jack the heart and soul of the Chiefs outfit, coming fresh of another championship yesterday Jacks the man to lead us into battle to defend our title

Alan will try and frame a market tonight or tomorrow night

• Like 2

2020 NC Winter Super Comp odds

1) Hurricanes $4-10

The Canes go into the Winter comp as an easing favourite with a reduced 7 round sprint and unfavourable track conditions punters have been keen to lay the Canes.

The star studded line up led by Captain SNM will be looking to make amends,, with the distraction of the EPL finally put to bed we can expect VvD and TC to come out firing, no doubt quite a few link ups will take place and the Canes will be leaning heavily on the Championship qualities that the Hesinator will bring to the table and with Porky the man Maxi picked out to select for himself should he have got stuck under a rock, the Canes go into the Winter comp full of confidence 

2) Ferdies $5-00

The money has come thick and fast for the Ferdies now was I seeing things when John put those stats up PJ not in any of those winning teams??? how could this be one of the best and most consistent tipsters to grace these super duper comps the Poison Jalice ...... I’m just winding the Woniora Wombat up...Ok don’t poke the bear it’s going to be One Perfect Day when it arrives and with Zac on the attack the Magnificent one adds plenty of punch, to a Ferdies outfit not lacking class as #1 draft pick Ashoka Crafty Crofty  and magnificent Maurice round out the Ferdie five, anyone want to play their joker against the two teams I’ve just quoted, no well let’s move onto team 3

3) Blues $7-00

As 3rd favourite for the comp we can’t really refer to the Blues as the dark horse but with the two Grand Final captains in their side everyone needs to be on their mantle Captain Howie always has his side up for the challenge I don’t know How ie does it and with the JG Captain there who will know doubt be looking for a repete of the Autumn comp result the Blues are stacked with experience with a big welcome back to Blues bro Geoff who adds more Witt I mean grit to an already star studded outfit, we have to deal with big hitter Roland, and with the ever consistent Gordy rounding out the well balanced Blues it’s just a question of who’s singing the Blues in 7 weeks

4) Kauri Kats $8-00

A very dangerous looking outfit, some big hitters in this franchise headed by Maxi who caught the early taxi the other week #2 on the Mag 7 Maxi will be looking to inspire his kittens who come up against the defending champs, the Kats will be looking for the purrrfect start

Now that NZ racing has returned lookout for Sharne who featured highly on John’s stats and was PJs #1 draft pick when Sharne’s on song her opponent will have Little chance of stopping her also in the strong KK outfit one of Maxi’s favourites Jen, unstoppable a few comps back Jen will be looking to recapture some of that form , and with Roxy and the cunning foxy Rocky and Graeme both looking forward to the return of NZ racing,  no one will be shocked to see the KKs take out the Winter comp

5) Turbos $10-00

The turbocharged Turbos with two grand finalists in their team the Squirrel and Steve man city P  add experience and calmness which will be essential in the big moments.. we welcome back Rees it’s highly unlikely he’s got this far down the page but welcome back buddy the turbos will have their ear to the ground for that ace in the hole stay tuned not forgetting the Collingwood fan everyone loves Raymond he’ll be looking to put a demolition job on his good mate Ziggy Marley and with the turbos general gazzac rounding out the 5 it’s all systems go

6) Barbarians $12-00

The new kids on the block there’s been a late move in the market for the ba ba’s if the mails right Mardy’s in for a big comp keep an eye out for the very dangerous Pam

Ziggy me man will be chomping at the bit to put Ray into Fantasy land and deliver his own demolition job 

It’s been rumoured the big plunge has come from  Richie will he be known as Richie Rich after this comp, and yes folks he’s been taken off the noose anything could happen there’s a moose on the loose

7) Crusaders $15-00

If your looking for value look no further can they doosit with Rob(bie) deans at the helm they can

GF finalist Rex and Craig add great depth to the Crusaders their confidence will be high

Expect Craig to pick a few out of left field

One must ask why are the Crusaders so long in the market, well one of their big punters Turny Tom couldn’t get his bet on as the Tab wouldn’t open for him 

If the Crusaders are going to harness a win they will rely heavily on Double R  or should that be Treble R Rob Rex and Robert

😎 Chiefs $25-00

The defending champs or as one pundit described them a lesser fancied team , Peaked before kickoff 

The Chiefs with GF hero Jack at the helm snuck under the Radar last Winter Comp 

Punter Pete led the charge for the Chiefs when they took out the WC and with the B52 bomber in the Chiefs outfit plenty teams will be feeling the Gee Force

Rumours has it Stevie Nicks Off has a huge tusk ahead to defeat one of the seven wonders in Sharne and after being given some advice by his team mates he’s still decided to Go his own way

Finally if we can get the 42% man to lift his game you never know

Enjoy

Amen!!!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

The teams are finalized (Captains elect in purple):

BARBARIANS (Erehwon) - Mardy, Pam, Moose, Ziggy, Richie

Any problems please let me know

17 hours ago, VC! said:

2020 NC Winter Super Comp odds

1) Hurricanes $4-10

The Canes go into the Winter comp as an easing favourite with a reduced 7 round sprint and unfavourable track conditions punters have been keen to lay the Canes.

The star studded line up led by Captain SNM will be looking to make amends,, with the distraction of the EPL finally put to bed we can expect VvD and TC to come out firing, no doubt quite a few link ups will take place and the Canes will be leaning heavily on the Championship qualities that the Hesinator will bring to the table and with Porky the man Maxi picked out to select for himself should he have got stuck under a rock, the Canes go into the Winter comp full of confidence 

2) Ferdies $5-00

The money has come thick and fast for the Ferdies now was I seeing things when John put those stats up PJ not in any of those winning teams??? how could this be one of the best and most consistent tipsters to grace these super duper comps the Poison Jalice ...... I’m just winding the Woniora Wombat up...Ok don’t poke the bear it’s going to be One Perfect Day when it arrives and with Zac on the attack the Magnificent one adds plenty of punch, to a Ferdies outfit not lacking class as #1 draft pick Ashoka Crafty Crofty  and magnificent Maurice round out the Ferdie five, anyone want to play their joker against the two teams I’ve just quoted, no well let’s move onto team 3

3) Blues $7-00

As 3rd favourite for the comp we can’t really refer to the Blues as the dark horse but with the two Grand Final captains in their side everyone needs to be on their mantle Captain Howie always has his side up for the challenge I don’t know How ie does it and with the JG Captain there who will know doubt be looking for a repete of the Autumn comp result the Blues are stacked with experience with a big welcome back to Blues bro Geoff who adds more Witt I mean grit to an already star studded outfit, we have to deal with big hitter Roland, and with the ever consistent Gordy rounding out the well balanced Blues it’s just a question of who’s singing the Blues in 7 weeks

4) Kauri Kats $8-00

A very dangerous looking outfit, some big hitters in this franchise headed by Maxi who caught the early taxi the other week #2 on the Mag 7 Maxi will be looking to inspire his kittens who come up against the defending champs, the Kats will be looking for the purrrfect start

Now that NZ racing has returned lookout for Sharne who featured highly on John’s stats and was PJs #1 draft pick when Sharne’s on song her opponent will have Little chance of stopping her also in the strong KK outfit one of Maxi’s favourites Jen, unstoppable a few comps back Jen will be looking to recapture some of that form , and with Roxy and the cunning foxy Rocky and Graeme both looking forward to the return of NZ racing,  no one will be shocked to see the KKs take out the Winter comp

5) Turbos $10-00

The turbocharged Turbos with two grand finalists in their team the Squirrel and Steve man city P  add experience and calmness which will be essential in the big moments.. we welcome back Rees it’s highly unlikely he’s got this far down the page but welcome back buddy the turbos will have their ear to the ground for that ace in the hole stay tuned not forgetting the Collingwood fan everyone loves Raymond he’ll be looking to put a demolition job on his good mate Ziggy Marley and with the turbos general gazzac rounding out the 5 it’s all systems go

6) Barbarians $12-00

The new kids on the block there’s been a late move in the market for the ba ba’s if the mails right Mardy’s in for a big comp keep an eye out for the very dangerous Pam

Ziggy me man will be chomping at the bit to put Ray into Fantasy land and deliver his own demolition job 

It’s been rumoured the big plunge has come from  Richie will he be known as Richie Rich after this comp, and yes folks he’s been taken off the noose anything could happen there’s a moose on the loose

7) Crusaders $15-00

If your looking for value look no further can they doosit with Rob(bie) deans at the helm they can

GF finalist Rex and Craig add great depth to the Crusaders their confidence will be high

Expect Craig to pick a few out of left field

One must ask why are the Crusaders so long in the market, well one of their big punters Turny Tom couldn’t get his bet on as the Tab wouldn’t open for him 

If the Crusaders are going to harness a win they will rely heavily on Double R  or should that be Treble R Rob Rex and Robert

😎 Chiefs $25-00

The defending champs or as one pundit described them a lesser fancied team , Peaked before kickoff 

The Chiefs with GF hero Jack at the helm snuck under the Radar last Winter Comp 

Punter Pete led the charge for the Chiefs when they took out the WC and with the B52 bomber in the Chiefs outfit plenty teams will be feeling the Gee Force

Rumours has it Stevie Nicks Off has a huge tusk ahead to defeat one of the seven wonders in Sharne and after being given some advice by his team mates he’s still decided to Go his own way

Finally if we can get the 42% man to lift his game you never know

Enjoy

Amen!!!

How are we rank outsiders when we’re the champs?

PJ Jacks unable to Captain the Chiefs, so happy to take the reigns unless someone else in the Chiefs would like the honour 

Cheers

PS 

I think every team will be aiming for the poison chalice in this one😝

Edited by Stevie Nicks Off
  • Like 1