73.00 Gary

Narrowest Winning Margin
113.60 Porky

89.00 Rex

Highest Losing Score
452.00 Steve P

Lowest Winning Score
113.60 Porky

THE FINAL MAGNIFICENT SEVEN (and a half)

4107.00 Rex (Escapists)

3926.60 Pete (Seagulls)

3805.40 Maurice (Seagulls)

3796.40 Stevie N (Ardern Up)

3663.00 Tom (Barellan)

3650.40 Sharne (Seagulls)

3589.60 Roland (Escapists)

2026.60 Jason (Ramones) - from just 6 matches

• Like 5

A grand ending to this latest  highly enjoyable and entertaining PJ Comp - I've always said  it, PJ Comps are the best racing comp show in town and they always have been. I fully endorse people's observations that this latest edition was a classic with the skill, banter and good playing spirit from the many participants.
Hearty congratulations again go to the Mighty Seagulls - a very impressive performance from a top team expertly put together and captained by Pete. Well done Pete, Sharne, Hesi, Maurice and Stevie P. You'll all be well sought after in this coming week's draft draw for the next comp.
Well done my Team Barellan - with standouts including Tom the Terror who is as formidable an opponent as can be found in these comps. It will be no surprise to anyone that it was Tom who steered his team-mates the way of Brooklyn Hustle in the last today, and we jumped on with our BBs. And lf course good ole bro '10 from 12' Geoff the Just Plodded no more, who kept us at the forefront of contention throughout this comp, valiantly supported by that great team man Craig.
Thank you all for your excellent companionship these past several weeks, and I'm looking forward to catching up with you all again in the next comp.
Mighty, mighty performance again from you PJ in running these superbly organised comps.
Very much appreciated ...always. You're an absolute legend.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks. Still there...Rees ?? 😃

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Thanks to you Maria and your team for a great match ...congrats for your win and great competitive spirit ..... 

To my team I apologise for not finding that extra $25 to snatch victory from Porky (always a challenging opponent) me thinks i probably did to much Watching Maria and co dancing !!!) 

THANKYOU Peter J for stepping in while i was in hospital recovering from some challenging procedures and surgery, and looking after the team and my selections.

To the Seagulls congrats and to Barellan comiserations 

To all teams from the ESCAPISTS thanks for your matches and your friendly enjoyable banter and challenges throughout this competition that ONCE AGAIN WAS SO ABLY ORGANISED AND WELL RUN BY OUR TOP GUY PETER J !!! 

I may be pre-empting things but there may be a bottle or two of Moet coming from MAXI 🙃

Edited by Sir Gallivant
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

Thanks to you Maria and your team for a great match ...congrats for your win and great competitive spirit ..... 

To my team I apologise for not finding that extra $25 to snatch victory from Porky (always a challenging opponent) me thinks i probably did to much atching Maria and co dancing !!!) 

THANKYOU Peter J for stepping in while i was in hospital recovering from some challenging procedures and surgery, and looking after the team and my selections.

To all teams from the ESCAPISTS thanks for your matches and your friendly enjoyable banter and challenges throughout this competition that ONCE AGAIN WAS SO ABLY ORGANISED AND WELL RUN BY OUR TOP GUY PETER J !!! 

I may be pre-empting things but there may be a bottle or two of Moet coming from MAXI 🙃

Sir Rex ...you are an absolute inspiration. 
Though the ole health isn't always where you'd like it to be, you've always got a smile on your face and a cheery word or three for your team-mates and all competitors.
You are the very essence of what these comps are about ....and I for one am very grateful for your unfailing good nature through all obstacles. And you're an excellent tipster to boot ! 🙂.
I have noted that PJ always lifts his tipping skills a notch when he's putting in replacement selections for you ...he doesn't want to be seen as letting down your brand ! 😃 . I was the same, when I was fortunate enough to be your team captain several months back. 🙂
Well done on topping the Magnificent Seven list. Top stuff.

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, Sir Gallivant said:

To my team I apologise for not finding that extra $25 to snatch victory from Porky (always a challenging opponent) me thinks i probably did to much Watching Maria and co dancing !!!) 

Bless ya cotton socks 😘 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, richie said:

Are we doubling up today

Someone did - tumbling in late but a good tough win. I was concerned by the track and whilst she didnt really enjoy it she was able to tough it our. Might have to raise the bar a bit for her now.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Gazzac said:

Someone did - tumbling in late but a good tough win. I was concerned by the track and whilst she didnt really enjoy it she was able to tough it our. Might have to raise the bar a bit for her now.

Might have been my family.. sorry about that 🙂   Wonderful Gaz 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dancing Show said:

Sorry Rees, I still don't understand ..  I'm talking about the icon next to our pics, that says rookie, explorer or whatever ..   

Its alright Maria. I think Pete cottoned on and changed it to a leaf. It looked like an inverted light bulb  in a holder and could of been misconstrued as Mum bending over in the bath .It was an old joke my dad showed me when I was young.

• Like 1

Just now, Globederby19 said:

Its alright Maria. I think Pete cottoned on and changed it to a leaf. It looked like an inverted light bulb  in a holder and could of been misconstrued as Mum bending over in the bath .It was an old joke my dad showed me when I was young.

I see.. no it's okay.. I think I just posted enough to move on in the points.. 🙂   I did manage to see it.. and all good.. 🙂 

First things firstTHANKS PJ for another magnificent Comp, made even more mag by your timely updates and scenarios as each match unfolds.

Second things second. CONGRATS to the Seagulls, very worthy winners – well done Pete, Steve, Sharne, Maurice and Hesi. Howie will have to rearrange that bare-looking mantelpiece. Bugger! Commiserations. Barellan, great effort.

Third things third. THANKS, MaxisPam, Rob, Graeme and Blind Squirrel … great fun to play alongside you all…though we came up short a touch too often and never quite managed a 5-zip win to catch up! It was Max’s pleasure and privilege to be your ‘Kapitan’ as Rob would say ..don’t look too closely at your noble leader’s results today, please. Bit embarrassing!

Last things last …a couple of personal observations …the vast majority of us don’t know each other personally, and that’s fine. But we share this love of racing for different reasons, in different places and circumstances. Great to see Gazza’s horse win at Trentham today; fab to see Heather’s Countofmontecristo finish well for 4th first-up in Sydney.
Max is also STOKED that Sir Rex is outta hospital and ‘baaaccckkk’ post-surgery; and I know Rob has done it tough visiting and caring for his bro every day for weeks … these Comps of PJs are bloody good fun and free ‘medicine’ for us all, whatever our trials and tribulations. 

Take care, everyone, til we catch up again in the next Super Duper PJ Comp. (Note to self: start studying, Max; it's next weekend.)

MM

xo

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all for the positive comments on our wee girls courageous win today. It was very exciting to have her back up and grind out a very tough win. To get a win at Trentham was great - it is a bloody long straight alright. We are now adjusting our heights and she will likely run next at hastings in 3 weeks and then have a brief freshen up and head for a nice race at Riccarton in August. She goes to stud in September but we will get her back and race through to Xmas then she can enjoy being a Mum and Prioress can take the lead for the team. An exciting day and about to crack another Pinot Gris. Thanks again to you all...

• Like 8