The Race Place

Spring NPC Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

3 minutes ago, craigos1 said:

Many thanks Howie & your team for the match.

Quite exciting back & forth till the last.

All the best for rest of comp me mate Howie ,

Thanks PJ for your efforts.

Thank you, Craig ..... your Highlanders played very well and had the edge on us for most of the day. We Blues were very fortunate to get the bob in at the right time within the shadows of the post. Fortunately Montefilia didn't read the media blurbs that said it was vulnerable at 2400m.
After starting the comp with a '0' in round 1, we Blues will happily take the win ! 😊.
Thanks again, Craig .....all the best to you me good mate, and to your Highlanders, for the remainder of the comp.
Thanks PJ for another great day of comp entertainment. 

• Like 6

Round 2 - Saturday October 2

Race 10 - Randwick R9

1st - 8 Montefilia W-$5.80   

2nd - 14 Entente Q-$14.30   

Scr: 2,6,11,21

1 HIGHLANDERS (1st)

$699.60

0 points

4 BLUES (5th)

$1122.60

3 points

The table-topping Highlanders were toppled in the last as Pete snagged a quinella to reel in Rusty and Gordy bagged a beaut BB quinella to catch Craig and give them a bonus point for a 4-1 margin. Geoff also got the final quinella. The last-race flourish saw Gordy take Man of the Match honours with Craig - unlucky to draw Gordy - the MVP for the Otago crew.

201.60 Happy

287.20 Howie

64.00 Rusty

109.60 Pete

321.00 Craig

444.20 Gordy

68.00 Midnight C

27.00  Roland

45.00 Rex

254.40 Geoff

2 KAURI KATS (4th)

$835.60

0 points

3 TURBOS (2nd)

$938.20

2 points 

The Kauri Kats had led for 6 races but fell in the last - where they all missed - as Steve bagged a ripper BB quinella to blow past Pam and win the match for the Turbos and secure MVP status for The Turbos, his score beaten only by Match Star Jen. Steve's last race collect also took the Manawatu boys aggregate past that of the Kauri Kats denying the Puddys a bonus point for a higher aggregate.

181.00 Pam

341.20 Steve P

0.00 Max

112.00 Ziggy

342.00 Jen

68.00 Gary

225.00 Graeme

196.00 Ray

87.60 Sharne

221.00 Blind Squirrel

1 MAGPIES (3rd)

$567.00

0 points

4 CHIEFS (8th)

$2719.00

4 points

The Chiefs had it won before the last but continued to pour on the pain (where was this form last week ??) with Ian and Punter Pete snagging beaut BB quinellas to post one of the great all-time team scores of over $2700. Stevie tipped an amazing 8 winners but had to bow to Gee for Man of the Match honours with "the King" posting a massive tally, Ian also returning a cracking score, while Hesi, the 'Pies lone H-T-H winner MVP for his side and bagging a BB in the last for good measure.

23.00 Rob

322.60 Punter Pete

47.00 Blazes

576.60 Stevie N

347.00 Hesi

166.00 Jack

121.00 Wrinkles

856.40 Gee

29.00 Porky

797.40 Ian

0 FERDIES (6th)

$566.00

0 points

5 SWAMP FOXES (7th)

$1355.80

5 points

The Swamp Foxes had it won before the last where a quinella from Richie and an 8th winner from Von Smallhausen - a dominant Man of the Match - took the Swampies past the team profit mark to cap a perfect day for them - well done. Maurice and PJ scored the final wins for a fairly dismal outing today for The Ferdies, for whom the only way is up. Heather took 'Naki MVP honours just edging PJ.

173.00 PJ 

288.20 Richie

177.00 Heather

544.40 Von Smallhausen

110.00 Maurice

229.00 Rees

27.00 Zac

152.00 Maria

79.00 Tom

142.20 Robert

TABLE after ROUND 2

1st 5 SWAMP FOXES $2098.00

2nd 5 TURBOS $2037.60

3rd 4 CHIEFS $3373.40

4th 3 BLUES $2120.00

5th 3 HIGHLANDERS $1809.00

6th 2 MAGPIES $1754.40

7th 2 KAURI KATS $1648.40

8th 0 FERDIES $1448.40

The Swamp Foxes' thrashing of The Ferdies today took them from 7th to the lead at the top of the table while The Turbos late triumph enabled them to hold 2nd spot. The day's other big winners - The Chiefs - leapt up 5places from the cellar to snatch 3rd while the Blues' late success saw them move up a place to 4th. Late defeat for the Highlanders proved costly as they tumbled down 4 places while The Magpies lost 3 in defeat. The Kauri Kats also lost 3 positions going down at the death while the Ferdies slumped into the cellar after a very ordinary performance. Some may have wished they had played their Joker today ! 

• Like 2

STATS

Best Scores
856.40 Gee
797.40 Ian
576.60 Stevie N
544.40 Von Smallhausen
444.20 Gordy

Worst Scores 

29.00 Porky

27.00 Roland

27.00 Zac

23.00 Rob

0.00 Max

Most Wins

8 Stevie N

8 Von Smallhausen

7 Ian

6 Hesi

6 Steve P

6 Richie

Most Quinellas
2 Richie

2 Ian

2 Punter Pete

Biggest Winning Margin
797.40 Ian
29.00 Porky

Narrowest Winning Margin
225.00 Graeme

196.00 Ray

Highest Losing Score
321.00 Craig

Lowest Winning Score
68.00 Midnight C (nice work sub!)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zabeel said:

things playing out perfectly again  

Not quite, with such a huge aggregate, it should have been 5 points, but you forgot to invite Jacko to the team briefing lol

Well done Ian and your team, that is a mammoth total, but I do have a wry smile while I am writing this, in being able to deny you guys a point,  Always a danger with a team with such talent, i did say, you might go to the lead  and never be headed.

Turn the page Pies, long way to go, sitting pretty

Enjoy the NRL final tomorrow Ian, it's huge in Aus

• Like 1

ROUND 3 DRAW - Sat Oct 9

Meetings will be: Matamata, New Plymouth, Caulfield & Randwick

SWAMP FOXES (1st) vs HIGHLANDERS (5th)

Von Smallhausen v Happy

Richie v Rex

Robert v Craig

Maria v Rusty

Rees v Mardy

CHIEFS (3rd) vs BLUES (4th)

Jack v Geoff

Stevie N v Gordy

Gee v Pete

Ian v Roland

Punter Pete v Howie

FERDIES (8th) vs TURBOS (2nd)

Heather v Blind Squirrel

Maurice v Gary

Tom v Steve P

PJ v Ray

Zac v Ziggy

KAURI KATS (7th) vs MAGPIES (6th)

Jen v Wrinkles

Sharne v Rob

Max v Hesi

Pam v Porky

Graeme v Blazes

1 hour ago, Hesi said:

Not quite, with such a huge aggregate, it should have been 5 points, but you forgot to invite Jacko to the team briefing lol

Well done Ian and your team, that is a mammoth total, but I do have a wry smile while I am writing this, in being able to deny you guys a point,  Always a danger with a team with such talent, i did say, you might go to the lead  and never be headed.

Turn the page Pies, long way to go, sitting pretty

Enjoy the NRL final tomorrow Ian, it's huge in Aus

Thanks Hesi

I was muttering away under my breath, trust Hesi, something like that, well done on your win today Allan

Yes the Grand Final is massive in NSW and QLD, there is always a saturated media coverage over the season, I wonder what the impact of a successful Warriors team would do for the game in NZ

• Like 1

We'll never know, the game in NZ has almost become a mirror of racing, a feedstock of potential talent

The hardened Aus coach Nathan Brown, the recruitment guru Peter O'Sullivan and the guru of all gurus Phil Gould were going to sort it all out, but 13th, 10th and 12th suggest otherwise

Tis the afternoon after  the last-race ‘incident’ the day before which has caused cap’n Max great angst (Don’t worry, the explanation is coming.)

But first, being the Gracious and Fine Fluffy Felines we are, the Kauri Kats bow in deference to the Windy Ones from the Manawatu and to Steve P (for Pain) in particular. Well done, indeed, and the Boks clearly got wind of it and went down the same track.

Now, to explain. Cap’n Max has been Very Busy this Sunday morn – visits to the Accountant (Q; What happened to our points?); the Lawyer (Q: Can we sue Steve P for Kruelty to Kats)?) and the Shrink (Where is my mojo? Am I a Kat or a Mustelid?).

All of this in a whirlwind (!) after Church with Mrs W and the Wee Weasels... after a late night watching the ABs get what they deserved for not being able to throw the ball in straight. Great match though!

Thanks PJ. Great stuff as always.

MM

• Like 3