PWJ

ROUND 7 Draw Sat Apr 30

Meetings will be Te Rapa, Morphettville & Eagle Farm

MAGPIES (1st) vs TURBOS (5th)

Jamison v Steve P

Ian v Ziggy

Richie v Ray

Stevie N v Gary

Secret Squirrel v Blind Squirrel (it had to happen...)

FERDIES (3rd) vs SWAMP FOXES (4th)

Heather v Punter Pete

Tom v Maria

Maurice v Harewood

Zac v Robert

PJ v Rees

HIGHLANDERS (2nd) vs CHIEFS (6th)

Hesi v Gee

Rex v Smiler

Midnight Caller v Our Maizcay

Craig v Trotslover

Rob v Jack

BLUES (7th) vs KAURI KATS (8th)

Howie v Max

Pete v Jen

Gordy v Pam

Roland v Sharne

Geoff v Graeme

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Worst Scores 

62.00 Pete

46.00 Jamison

46.00 Stevie N

28.00 Ziggy

18.00 Maria

I'm going to embrace this ... 🙂   

Well, the racing gods tried to point you in a direction and you ignored a $16 winner

• Haha 1

Hello Pam,

Congratulations on your fantastic effort / score today. Well done Pam.

To my Team Ferdies. We actually have a slim chance of a win next weekend. Good luck to us all.

PWJ , you are a true tipping competition legend. Thank you for all the joy you bring us all each weekend.

Have a wonderful Anzac Day Everyone.

Stay safe.

Zac.

• Like 9

Well done Highlanders,  sorry to be the 5th wheel in this competition (professional  stopper).I hope I can bring something  to the table next week. Any whoo, I'm dressed up like a bloke from the Cotswolds, heading for The Bear in Esher to meet the boys and oil the joints before  the first at Sandown. 🐎😁.

See you next week 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Midnight Caller said:

Well done Highlanders,  sorry to be the 5th wheel in this competition (professional  stopper).I hope I can bring something  to the table next week. Any whoo, I'm dressed up like a bloke from the Cotswolds, heading for The Bear in Esher to meet the boys and oil the joints before  the first at Sandown. 🐎😁.

See you next week 

Have a great day @ Sandown MC

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PWJ said:

Straight out Wooden Spoon showdown !!

Max has cunningly saved the best til last ..the 2nd-worst performers in this comp at the mercy of the worst performers a Kats Triple Joker play  The Max 15pts will hurtle us towards Heavenly Mediocrity... can't wait.

Be afraid, Howie...I see PJ's Hadron Collider Random Draw Thingie did the sensible thing and matched us H2H...are you up for a $50 side-show with the loser paying $50 to the winner's charity of choice? Or the winner gets a $50 bet courtesy of the loser? Just for the hell of it.

MM

Edited by Maximus

29 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Max has cunningly saved the best til last ..the 2nd-worst performers in this comp at the mercy of the worst performers a Kats Triple Joker play  The Max 15pts will hurtle us towards Heavenly Mediocrity... can't wait.

Be afraid, Howie...I see PJ's Hadron Collider Random Draw Thingie did the sensible thing and matched us H2H...are you up for a $50 side-show with the loser paying $50 to the winner's charity of choice? Or the winner gets a $50 bet courtesy of the loser? Just for the hell of it.

MM

Aha ! It begins.....

• Like 1

On 4/24/2022 at 1:13 PM, Maximus said:

.are you up for a $50 side-show with the loser paying $50 to the winner's charity of choice? Or the winner gets a $50 bet courtesy of the loser? Just for the hell of it.

MM

Thanks for the good thought Maxi about the potential side-bet.
I hope you don't mind, but one of the things I like most about PJ Comps is that there is never prizemoney of any sort, it's all for the honour and glory. 🙂. And after all these years my preference is for it to stay that way.
But a good thought though Maxi .... and thanks for the offer.
Good luck for Saturday .... both our teams are much, much better than our respective places on the leaderboard would indicate.

• Like 2

Thanks for that comment Howie.  I think over the years, people have been tempted to put up prize money, including myself, but as you say it is all about the pure honour and glory.

I recall Maxi has put up token gifts before, related to racing, which I think fits more with the aura of PJ's comps

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hesi said:

Thanks for that comment Howie.  I think over the years, people have been tempted to put up prize money, including myself, but as you say it is all about the pure honour and glory.

I recall Maxi has put up token gifts before, related to racing, which I think fits more with the aura of PJ's comps

Max was just wanting to make a donation to a worthy cause, which doth not really qualify as prizemoney.

22 hours ago, Hesi said:

Round 7 (FINAL) - Saturday Apr 30

Race 1 - Te Rapa R2

1st - 4 Tightlign W-$4.30

2nd - 6 Thunder Q-$13.70 

Scr: nil

1 MAGPIES (1st) 43.00

0 TURBOS (5th) 0.00

The Turbos still to get fired up as Jamison hands the table-leading Magpies an early advantage with the Marsh winner.

43 Jamison

0 Steve P

0 Ian

0 Ziggy

0 Richie

0 Ray

0 Stevie N

0 Gary

0 Secret Squirrel

0 Blind Squirrel 

2 FERDIES (3rd) 113.40

0 SWAMP FOXES** (4th) 0.00

Double-Joker players The Swamp Foxes draw a blank in the first as Zac (with a quinella) and Heather label the Align winner to give the Ferdies a nice lead.

43 Heather

0 Punter Pete

0 Tom

0 Maria

0 Maurice

0 Harewood

70.40 Zac

0 Robert

0 PJ

0 Rees

1 HIGHLANDERS (2nd) 43.00

1 CHIEFS (6th) 70.40

The title-chasing Otago lads make a start thanks to Rob while the Joker-playing Chiefs reply with a quinella from Smiler. All square after one.

0 Hesi

0 Gee

0 Rex

70.40 Smiler

0 Midnight Caller

0 Our Maizcay

0 Craig

0 Trotslover

43 Rob

0 Jack

1 BLUES (7th) 43.00

1 KAURI KATS*** (8th) 70.40

The Battle of Wellsford (aka the Wooden Spoon showdown) sees Roland get The Blues off the mark but a quinella from Max keeps matters tied after one.

0 Howie

70.40 Max

0 Pete

0 Jen

0 Gordy

0 Pam

43 Roland

0 Sharne

0 Geoff

0 Graeme

Highlanders go ahead with Brookbourne or Aloft and go 2-0 ahead with Lincoln Star (must pay $7.10+ or The Fearless One complete the Q and hope it pays enough).

Chiefs** go ahead with Super Sid or Peecee Pussycat and seize a 3-1 lead with Amano

Blues go ahead with Curious George (must pay $7.10+ or The Fearless One complete the Q otherwiae the Kats go in front), go 3-1 ahead with The Fearless One and go 4-1 clear with Aloft while Wheao helps

Kauri Kats*** go ahead with Brookbourne, Peecee Pussycat, Lincoln Star (and seize a 3-zip lead if it pays $4.40+ or The Fearless One completes the Q) or Super Sid

Round 7 (FINAL) - Saturday Apr 30

Race 2 - Te Rapa R4

1st - 3 The Fearless One W-$1.80

2nd - 10 Curious George Q-$14.20 

Scr: nil

3 MAGPIES (1st) 115.00

1 TURBOS (5th) 72.00

Only Secret Squirrel and Turbos duo Ray & Ziggy missed the winning hot fave with Blind Squirrel doubling up with a BB to take a personal lead over his fellow rodent but new personal leads for Ian & Richie see the Magpies extend their lead.

61 Jamison

18 Steve P

18 Ian

0 Ziggy

18 Richie

0 Ray

18 Stevie N

18 Gary

0 Secret Squirrel

36 Blind Squirrel 

4 FERDIES (3rd) 203.40

1 SWAMP FOXES** (4th) 90.00

Maria and Punter Pete bag BBs for the Swamp Foxes for whom Robert also scored but all the Ferdies bar Zac label the 'Naki winner with Heather adding a BB. Maria now leads Tom but new personal leads for Maurice & PJ see the 'Naki crew extend their advantage.

79 Heather

36 Punter Pete

18 Tom

36 Maria

18 Maurice

0 Harewood

70.40 Zac

18 Robert

18 PJ

0 Rees

1 HIGHLANDERS (2nd) 115.00

1 CHIEFS (6th) 142.40

Only opponents Hesi and Gee cried off the winning hot fave so no change overall.

0 Hesi

0 Gee

18 Rex

88.40 Smiler

18 Midnight Caller

18 Our Maizcay

18 Craig

18 Trotslover

61 Rob

18 Jack

3 BLUES (7th) 143.40

1 KAURI KATS*** (8th) 106.40

Two of the Kat queens - Sharne & Pam - on the pacy Patterson winner but all The Blues bar Roland reply with Captain Howie adding the quinella meaning a nice lead for The Jaffas after Pete and Geoff acquire personal leads.

46.40 Howie

70.40 Max

18 Pete

0 Jen

18 Gordy

18 Pam

43 Roland

18 Sharne

18 Geoff

0 Graeme