PWJ

Round 6 - Saturday Apr 23

Race 9 - Caulfield R8

1st - 4 Imperial Lad W-$5.80

2nd - 1 So Si Bon Q-$10.50 

Scr: 6,11

4 HIGHLANDERS (2nd) 952.80

1 MAGPIES (1st) 610.60

The Magpies all miss as Craig bags a BB on the Moloney winner to overtake Ian and extend the Highlander's advantage

206.80 Hesi

28 Stevie N

159 Midnight Caller

264.80 Richie

219 Craig

157.80 Ian

155 Rex

28 Jamison

213 Rob

132 Secret Squirrel

2 SWAMP FOXES (3rd) 541.00

3 TURBOS** (6th) 816.00

The Swamp Foxes draw a blank as Ray puts some distance between himself and Harewood. No change overall. Nervous times for the Turbos !

80 Robert

299 Steve P

193 Rees

182 Gary

130 Harewood

189 Ray

86 Punter Pete

28 Blind Squirrel

0 Maria

28 Ziggy

3 FERDIES (4th) 1256.00

2 KAURI KATS (7th) 1195.20

Only Zac (who else?) for The Ferdies and Graeme for the Kats on the heavily plunged winner. No change overall. Very competitive match

90 Tom

194 Sharne

80 Maurice

155 Max

348 Heather

327 Graeme

658 Zac

492.20 Pam

80 PJ

28 Jen

4 BLUES** (8th) 964.60

1 CHIEFS (5th) 778.80

The Chiefs all miss as Gordy tries to repel the threat of Gee. No change overall.

114 Roland

62 Trotslover

191.80 Howie

80 Smiler

142 Geoff 

65 Jack

454.80 Gordy

330 Gee

62 Pete

241.80 Our Maizcay

1 hour ago, TooFast said:

There's a new king in town .....and his name is Gordy for the Mighty Blues ! ....

Surely there'll be a comeback from the former king .....though the clock is ticking !
What's he got to come ? :-
Shelby Sixtysix & Regardsmaree BB
So Si Bon & Gracias Amigo
Sword of Mercy/Pandemic

Zac and Heather ....mighty impressive for the Ferdies today 

new  king  since when   first  your team mate new of it 

Edited by zabeel
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, VC! said:

Well done to Craig and his champion team the Highlanders today too good for us, 

Getting very tight at the top, now, I’ve kicked the fat lady off the stage, she’s lost her voice, swallowed a Magpie🤔

Ummm

I think if Pandemic wins you win!

To win:

Kauri Kats need-

Sword of Mercy to win for Graeme

OR

Not An Option to win for Pam

OR

Extreme Warrior to win for Jen (must pay $2.60+ or General Beau complete the Q AHIPE)

or

General Beau to win for Jen (must pay $5.10 or LESS)

Swamp Foxes need-

General Beau to win for Maria (must pay $5.70 or LESS)

Magpies need-

Pandemic to win for Secret Squirrel or Stevie N (must pay $17.90+ or Extreme Warrior to complete the Q AHIPE)

Chiefs need-

Sword of Mercy to win for Jack & Gee

Max has all fingers and toes crossed here ...what a tremendous match we've had v the Ferdies ...

the one neggus that bothers me in this field is one we dont have ..the omen bet PANDEMIC ...I see Ian appears to have given up already, but Pandemic was paying $17.40 and has just drifted to $18+ ....has the fat lady left the building???

Edited by Maximus

4 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Max has all fingers and toes crossed here ...what a tremendous match we've had v the Ferdies ...

the one neggus that bothers me in this field is one we dont have ..the omen bet PANDEMIC ...I see Ian appears to have given up already, but Pandemic was paying $17.40 and has just drifted to $18+ ....has the fat lady left the building???

Fat lady singing Stock Photos - Page 1 : Masterfile

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanks to the Swampies for a torrid workout today - congrats Punter Pete in our personal battle although I hardly think we set the world on fire!!

Steve P was our main man and was on fire early - great work that man and all the Team turbos for their contributions to a strong win.

Good luck in the finale next week Swampies

Great work once again PJ

Squirrel out!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Blind Squirrel said:

Thanks to the Swampies for a torrid workout today - congrats Punter Pete in our personal battle although I hardly think we set the world on fire!!

Steve P was our main man and was on fire early - great work that man and all the Team turbos for their contributions to a strong win.

Good luck in the finale next week Swampies

Great work once again PJ

Squirrel out!

Thanks so much BS.. it was always going to be an interesting tussle against some old team mates 🙂  Well deserved win and I was pretty sure that you guys were going to bring it to us on a tricky Aussie racing day, so I didn't play the Joker 🙂   thankfully...  

It's always a fun day when the result isn't known until the last race and it was a goodin 🙂    

• Like 3

Round 6 - Saturday Apr 23

Race 10 - Caulfield R9

1st - 9 Extreme Warrior W-$1.80

2nd - 11 It'sourtime Q-$6.80 

Scr: nil

4 HIGHLANDERS (2nd)

$1024.80

3 points

1 MAGPIES (1st)

$714.20

0 points

Pandemic ended up paying enough but never yelped so The Highlanders, who had led since race 3, held on taking a bonus point for the 4-1 margin. Rob - The Otago MVP - and Hesi bagged BBs on the Kah killer while all The Magpies replied with Ian adding the quinella. Richie was Man of the Match in what turned out to be a relatively lukewarm match given both teams' exploits of late. 

242.80 Hesi

46 Stevie N

159 Midnight Caller

282.80 Richie

219 Craig

189.40 Ian

155 Rex

46 Jamison

249 Rob

150 Secret Squirrel

1 SWAMP FOXES (3rd)

$561.00

0 points

4 TURBOS** (6th)

$780.00

3 (x 2 Double Joker play) = 6 points

General Beau was always paying too much to give the Swamp Foxes a winning chance so the Turbos not only held on but snatched a bonus point -valuable with the successful Joker play - for a 4-1 margin when Gary reeled in Rees with the final winner, Blind Squirrel (with a BB) also completing the victors scoring. Robert (with a BB), Harewood & Maria rounded out the day for The Swamp Foxes. Rees was Swampies' MVP while Steve P who tipped the first 4 races and put the cue in the rack, was Man of the Match. The Maria vs Ziggy match was a titanic struggle !

116 Robert

299 Steve P

193 Rees

200 Gary

148 Harewood

189 Ray

86 Punter Pete

64 Blind Squirrel

18 Maria

28 Ziggy

3 FERDIES (4th)

$1328.00

3 points

2 KAURI KATS (7th)

$1303.20

0 points

Nervous finish for the Ferdies as the Kauri Kats nearly stole it as an Extreme Warrior-General Beau quinella would have got Jen home by just $4 for a Kats victory. Two noses in it I reckon. Sharne, Graeme and Jen all bagged BBs for the Kats at the death leaving them just a winner shy of a team profit, something the Ferdies just managed with last race BBs from Heather and Maurice. Zac was a simply outstanding Man of the Match with 7 winners (incl. 3 quinellas) with Heather also posting a great score for the Taranaki crew. Pam, desperately unlucky with the draw, was Kats' MVP. Thanks for a great fight Max and Co.

90 Tom

230 Sharne

116 Maurice

155 Max

384 Heather

363 Graeme

658 Zac

492.20 Pam

80 PJ

64 Jen

3 BLUES** (8th)

$1018.60

2 (x 2 Double Joker play) = 4 points

2 CHIEFS (5th)

$927.60

0 points

Sword of Mercy gave the Chiefs some hope with a bold front-running effort but faded at the business end so the Blues held on but their margin was reduced with Trotslover bagging a beaut BB quinella to roll Roland denying the Jaffas two points at the death. The rest of The Chiefs bar Gee got the final winner with Our Maizcay adding the quinella and Smiler a BB. Blues bros Geoff (with a BB) and Howie completed the victors scoring. Gordy was a dominant Man of the Match with 6 winners on a tricky day while Gee was Waikato MVP. No bonus points were earned.

114 Roland

125.20 Trotslover

209.80 Howie

116 Smiler

178 Geoff 

83 Jack

454.80 Gordy

330 Gee

62 Pete

273.40 Our Maizcay

Table after Round 6

Defeat for The Magpies today cut their lead to just 3 points with one round remaining. Their conquerors - the Highlanders - triumphed in a must-win contest to set up a great final day showdown. The Ferdies moved up to 3rd with a narrow victory to keep themselves in with a mathematical chance of winning the comp while although beaten today and losing a place, the Swamp Foxes can still pull it off with a big Joker play next week.  The Turbos joker-fueled win took them up a spot as did the Blues escaping the cellar, the Kauri Kats becoming the new tenants after losing narrowly today. The Chiefs dropped a place after losing the Battle of the Bombay Hills. The wooden spoon dogfight looks interesting with the Kats still with a Joker in their possession. 

1st 22 Magpies (J2/J3) $7164.20

2nd 20 Highlanders (J2/J3) $4900.60

3rd 17 Ferdies (J2/J3) $5607.80

4th 15 Swamp Foxes (J3) $7929.00

-----only teams above this line can win the comp-----------

5th 13 Turbos (J2/J3) $5027.80 

6th 11 Chiefs (J3) $5934.00

7th 8 Blues (J2/J3) $5975.60

8th 4 Kauri Kats (J2) $6920.00

• Like 1

Thanks Magpies for match , much closer than 4-1 during the day.

To my team , well done lads , nice to follow on from last weeks last race moment,

Many thanks to Daniel who stepped  in to do his Dad's picks . (Rex)

I'm sorry to report Rex is very unwell and I just hope for some improvement soon.

Daniel take care mate.

Many thanks PJ , your internet was for a little while like mine today!!

Looking forward to the finale.

Cheers,

Craig.

• Like 7

Best Scores
658.00 Zac
492.20 Pam
454.80 Gordy
384.00 Heather
363.00 Graeme

Worst Scores 

62.00 Pete