Jump to content
The Race Place

Rules and Entries here


pete
 Share

Recommended Posts

Here it is - our Melbourne Cup Day Exotics Competition.

The format is based on choosing 5 horses per race and 6 horses in the Melbourne Cup. These horses are then boxed in a $1 Quinella, Trifecta and First Four based on your choice of bet. You can choose one,two or three bet types for each race (you can't select no bet types). Your total spend per race will obviously depend on the types you choose. 

So the spend for each bet type on all 5 horse selections is:

Quinella $10

Trifecta $60

First Four $120

On the Melbourne Cup the spend would be:

Quinella $15

Trifecta $120

First Four $360

So it's up to you to work out your appetite for risk. The winner will be the person who posts the biggest profit - or the smallest loss if no one actually makes a profit.

A sample of how to post:

R1. 1/2/3/4/5 Q F  - this means you want a Quinella and First Four 

R2. 1/2/3/4/5 T - this means you just want a trifecta

Scratching replacements are available until the competition close at midday. There will be no automatic scratching substitutes as it's too difficult for the scorer.

I've picked some REALLY tough races so go for it. Everyone really enjoyed the harness equivalent.

Here are the races:

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8

Entries close midday Tuesday.

Prize will be a $10 Trixie on Saturday 5 November - total value $40

Any questions/issues just post here.

Get swotting!!!

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

R1  1-2-4-14-16  Q T F

R2  2-6-15-18-20  Q T F

R3   1-2-7-11-15  Q T F

R4   1-2-7-11-15  Q T F

R5   3-6-12-15-17  Q T F

R6   3-5-6-11-17  Q T F

R7   4-6-10-13-17   Q T F

R8   1-8-9-14-15   Q T F

R9   1-6-8-10-18-19  Q T F

R10  5-6-7-10-13   Q T F

Thanks Pete

R3 and 4 are same numbers,not a misprint if you were wondering.

Q,T,F all races go hard or go home

For a spend of $2205 I think

  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, no1plumber said:

R1-1,3,4,5,9 Q/T/F

R2-3,7,8,9,10 Q/T

R3-3,4,8,9,10 Q/T

R4-1,6,7,8,12 Q/T

R5-2,3,5,6,9 Q/T

R6-1,5,8,9,13 Q/T

R7-4,8,12,18,19,24 Q/T

R8-5,6,7,10,19 Q/T

R9-2,3,5,18,19 Q/T

R10-1,3,7,10,11 Q/T/F

I think you have your races mixed up mate. Comp Race 7 is Pukekohe Race 6 which doesn't have a number 24. It looks like you think Comp Race 7 is the Melbourne Cup but that's Comp Race 9.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

 

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1 -  10,12,13,14,15               qtf                                            

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2 -  2,5,10,12,15                  qtf

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3 -  5,6,8,11,13,                      qtf

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4 - 4,6,11,13,15                            qtf

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5 - 1,5,8,10,12                                 qtf

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5 - 13,14,15,16,18                            qtf

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6 - 6,10,13,15,16                                   qtf 

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6 - 5,6,8,11,14                                     qtf

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP - 10,16,18,19,20,24                                  qtf                                           b/b

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8 -  1,2,4,7,19                                 qtf                      b/b

 

Pete ,  good luck All and Thank You.

God Bless.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wrinkles said:

 

 

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1 -  10,12,13,14,15               qtf                                            

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2 -  2,5,10,12,15                  qtf

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3 -  5,6,8,11,13,                      qtf

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4 - 4,6,11,13,15                            qtf

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5 - 1,5,8,10,12                                 qtf

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5 - 13,14,15,16,18                            qtf

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6 - 6,10,13,15,16                                   qtf 

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6 - 5,6,8,11,14                                     qtf

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP - 10,16,18,19,20,24                                  qtf                                           b/b

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8 -  1,2,4,7,19                                 qtf                      b/b

 

Pete ,  good luck All and Thank You.

God Bless.

No best bets for this comp Wrinkles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/30/2022 at 5:53 AM, pete said:

Scratching replacements are available until the competition close at midday. There will be no automatic scratching substitutes as it's too difficult for the scorer.

Chuckling away here....

I'm with ya Pete

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

R1 - 1/3/4/14/16 - Q/T.

R2 - 3/11/12/15/19 - Q/T.

R3 - 3/4/5/9/10 - Q/T.

R4 - 1/2/3/11/15 - QT.

R5 - 1/3/4/5/9 - Q/T.

R6 - 3/5/11/12/15 - Q/T.

R7 - 6/7/11/13/17 - Q/T.

R8 - 1/4/6/8/13 - Q/T.

R9 - 2/4/6/8/10/12/18 - Q/T/F.

R10 - 5/6/7/10/19 - Q/T/F.

Thanks Pete.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Steve P said:

R1 - 1/3/4/14/16 - Q/T.

R2 - 3/11/12/15/19 - Q/T.

R3 - 3/4/5/9/10 - Q/T.

R4 - 1/2/3/11/15 - QT.

R5 - 1/3/4/5/9 - Q/T.

R6 - 3/5/11/12/15 - Q/T.

R7 - 6/7/11/13/17 - Q/T.

R8 - 1/4/6/8/13 - Q/T.

R9 - 2/4/6/8/10/12/18 - Q/T/F.

R10 - 5/6/7/10/19 - Q/T/F.

Thanks Pete.

Hi Steve. You've picked 7 horses in the Cup.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well there were only two us in the Trot comp to post a profit even if I was 6 grand in arrears, and missed a first 4 into the bargain with a QT only. Hope I can do the same here. 

R1  3-5-7-11-14    QT

R2  4-5-6-10-11    QT

R3  1-4-5-10-11     QTF

R4  1-5-6-7-13    QTF

R5  1-5-8-10-13    QT

R6  5-11-14-16-17  QT

R7  6-8-11-13-14  QT

R8  1-6-7-8-9  QT

R9  3-6-8-12-18-24  QTF

R10  1-6-10-13-14     QTF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Thanks Pete. Going with Quin/ Tri all races and  First4 in the greys race Flemington and the last race Flemington for a $1005 spend. 

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1 /     1-2-3-6-16         QT                                         

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2 /    10-11-12-13-15    QT

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3 /    1-3-9-10-14     QT *F4

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4 /       1-7-11-12-15     QT

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5 /      1-2-5-16-17      QT

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5 /   2-5-8-12-19     QT

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6 /      1-6-8-12-16     QT   

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6 /   1-4-9-15-16    QT

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP /     4-8-9-16-22-24    QT

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8 /   6-10-14-16-18    QT *F4

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Wrinkles said:

 

 

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1 -  10,12,13,14,15               qtf                                            

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2 -  2,5,10,12,15                  qtf

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3 -  5,6,8,11,13,                      qtf

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4 - 4,6,11,13,15                            qtf

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5 - 1,5,8,10,12                                 qtf

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5 - 13,14,15,16,18                            qtf

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6 - 6,10,13,15,16                                   qtf 

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6 - 5,6,8,11,14                                     qtf

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP - 10,16,18,19,20,24                                  qtf                                           b/b

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8 -  1,2,4,7,19                                 qtf                      b/b

 

Pete ,  good luck All and Thank You.

God Bless.

No extra points for stylish presentation Wrinkles😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, brown fox said:

No extra points for stylish presentation Wrinkles😁

I cut and pasted off Wrinkles stylish then deleted his winning selections for a few dubious ones I think Graeme.

Wrinkles won the recent trot comp with this 'Pete's formula' format  by about $9000 lol..... think i should of left his selections on my entry lol.....

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Worth a shot and I'll take all options in each race - confident of 10 First fours !!

1/2/3//12 

3/10/12/15/20

2/3/4/5/9

1/2/7/11/15

1/6/9/12/15

5/6/8/11/15

2/6/7/13/17

1/8/9/12/13

3/4/8/15/17/20

5/6/7/10/14

Good luck all. We have Aquaoir going round Auckland 20 minutes before MC time. Track might not really favour her but she is well after the booming finish at Rotorua

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Gazzac said:

Worth a shot and I'll take all options in each race - confident of 10 First fours !!

1/2/3//12 

3/10/12/15/20

2/3/4/5/9

1/2/7/11/15

1/6/9/12/15

5/6/8/11/15

2/6/7/13/17

1/8/9/12/13

3/4/8/15/17/20

5/6/7/10/14

Good luck all. We have Aquaoir going round Auckland 20 minutes before MC time. Track might not really favour her but she is well after the booming finish at Rotorua

You've missed a selection in Race 1 Gary.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

R1)   1 x 4 x 6 x 9 x 14     Q,T

R2)   3 x 6 x 10 x 13 x 15     Q,F

R3)  1 x 3 x 4 x 5 x 8     Q,T,F

R4)  1 x 2 x 7 x 15 x 16*   Q,T F

R5)  1 x 4 x 9 x 12 x 15   T,F

R6)  2 x 5 x 9 x 12 x 17   Q,T

R7)  1 x 6* x 13 x 16 x 17   T,F

R8)  1 x 6 x 7 x 8 x 15     Q,F

R9)  3 x 4 x 9 x 14 x 15 x 16    Q,T,F

R10)  6 x 7 x 10 x 13* x 14     Q ,T

* Denotes Scratching Replacement.

Cheers

 

 

Edited by Taniwha99
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here is my throw at the dartboard!

will check scratchings in morning!!?

 

R1)   1 x 2x4x16 x22   =-QTF

R2)   1x5x12x15x16=-QTF

R3)   3x4x6x8x12 =-QTF

R4)  11x14x15x16x   1   =-QTF

R5)  1x6x8x12  x 13     =-QTF

R6)  1x3x6x15x16 =-QTF

R7)  6x8x13x15x16  =-QTF

R8)  1x4x5x6x9 =-QTF

R9)  1x3x14x19x22x23 =-QTF

10)  5x7x10x12x13 =-QTF

Thanks Pete 1 thats what happens early hours morning ad high on meds!

DENOTES SCRATCHINGS!!  ** three only!! cheers!

Edited by Godzstar1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1-2,4,5,12,14
R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2-3,10,12,13,15
R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3-4,5,8,10,14
R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4-1,2,3,4,15
R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5-2,9,10,15,16
R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5-1,5,11,14,16
R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6-1,6,8,10,13
R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6-3,8,13,14,15
R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP - 6,8,10,17,22,24
R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8-2,5,6,7,13,
 

QTF all races. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1        1,3,4.7.12

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2        11,22,13,15,16

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3       3,4,10,12,14

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4         3,7,11,15,18

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5          5,11,12,14,15

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5       5,12,15,16,17

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6          7,9,11,12,15

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6       3,6,7,8,14

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP  1,4,6,9,19

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8     2,7,10,11,14

 

QT all races pse pete

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Taniwha99 said:

R1)   1 x 4 x 6 x 9 x 14     Q,T

R2)   3 x 6 x 10 x 13 x 15     Q,F

R3)  1 x 3 x 4 x 5 x 8     Q,T,F

R4)  1 x 2 x 7 x 13 x 15   Q,T F

R5)  1 x 4 x 9 x 12 x 15   T,F

R6)  2 x 5 x 9 x 12 x 17   Q,T

R7)  1 x 7 x 13 x 16 x 17   T,F

R8)  1 x 6 x 7 x 8 x 15     Q,F

R9)  3 x 4 x 9 x 15 x 16    Q,T,F

R10)  6 x 7 x 10 x 14 x 16     Q ,T

 

Cheers

 

You need 6 selections in the Melbourne Cup Jack.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Maximus said:

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1        1,3,4.7.12

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2        11,22,13,15,16

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3       3,4,10,12,14

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4         3,7,11,15,18

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5          5,11,12,14,15

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5       5,12,15,16,17

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6          7,9,11,12,15

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6       3,6,7,8,14

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP  1,4,6,9,19

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8     2,7,10,11,14

 

QT all races pse pete

You need 6 selections in the Melbourne Cup Max.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Godzstar1 said:

Here is my throw at the dartboard!

will check scratchings in morning!!?

 

R1)   1 x 2x4x15x16 =-QTF

R2)   1x5x12x15x16=-QTF

R3)   3x4x6x8x12 =-QTF

R4)  11x13x14x15x16 =-QTF

R5)  1x3x6x8x12 =-QTF

R6)  1x3x6x15x16 =-QTF

R7)  6x8x13x15x16  =-QTF

R8)  1x4x5x6x9 =-QTF

R9)  1x3x14x19x22x23 =-QTF

10)  5x7x10x12x13 =-QTF

Thanks Scooby and Ponderosa!

I think you're thanking the wrong site Rob!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

R1. 12.20pm Pukekohe R1 6 7 12 14 22 QTF

R2. 12.57pm Pukekohe R2 6 10 11 12 16 QTF

R3. 2.00pm Flemington R3 1  7 9 11  13 QTF

R4. 2.11pm Pukekohe R4 1  4 5 11 18 QTF

R5. 2.51pm Pukekoke R5 2 5 7  13 19 QTF

R6. 3.20pm Flemington R5 3 8 16 15 17 QTF

R7. 3.31pm Pukekoke R6 1 10 11 12  14  QTF

R8. 3.55pm Flemington R6  3  7 14 13 16  QTF

R9. 5.00pm MELBOURNE CUP 6 12 10 13 15 19 QTF

R10. 5.50pm Flemington R8 5  6 11 14 19  QTF

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • pete locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...