The Race Place

NPC Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Not to be this time. Halfway down the straight Revolutionary Miss looked a chance, but then the cavalry arrived.

So disappointing to not make the final after being so close to pulling it off.

‘Congratulations Zig and the Turbos, and good luck for the final.

Well done Blues brothers, we punched above our weight this comp.

• Like 4

Yep I think that gives us what I can only call a close(3-2) and maybe undeserved win with Skew Wiff

Thanks Ian, close all the way, and to be honest I don't know how we have done it.  You guys have been the best team all the way through and deserved it more than us..................but we'll take it lol

• Like 2

Well done Chiefs.... you got us in the last and that is what matters.. when it's all done and dusted 🥂   All the best for the final 💃

Fantastic effort today Swampy ones 🥰  we held on until we couldn't hold on no more 🙂    Pete and Jammo you did us proud and flew the swamp flag today on what has been a comp where every team member has pulled one out of the bag when it matter 🙂     Black Caviar you have been stellar in the comp, I hope you hang around to enter many more 🙂    It's been an absolute joy Team.

Ta muchly Peter as always 💃

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Well done Chiefs.... you got us in the last and that is what matters.. when it's all done and dusted 🥂   All the best for the final 💃

Fantastic effort today Swampy ones 🥰  we held on until we couldn't hold on no more 🙂    Pete and Jammo you did us proud and flew the swamp flag today on what has been a comp where every team member has pulled one out of the bag when it matter 🙂     Black Caviar you have been stellar in the comp, I hope you hang around to enter many more 🙂    It's been an absolute joy Team.

Ta muchly Peter as always 💃

I think Me and Black Caviar , May have dead-heated ....Awaiting PJ`s final count up ..

SEMI-FINALS - Tuesday November 7

Comp Race 10 - Flemington R9

1st - 2 Skew Wiff $6.60

2nd - 18 Foxy Cleopatra Q-$94.30 

Scr: 4,11,12,14-16,20

NPC SPRING SUPER COMP SEMI-FINALS

3 FERDIES (4th)

$1125.80

2 MAGPIES  (1st)

$1170.20

In one of the most astonishing comebacks we have seen in this comp, a couple of blokes who have struggled all day with $38 between them after 9 races, did enough for a Mallowpuff in the last as Maurice finally pulled clear of Stevie N and Geoff ran down Ian with the Waikato Stud winner, to claim the Grand Final spot for the 'Naki crew when they looked done and dusted ! The final winner tipped by all the Ferdies with Hesi adding a BB to edge the scorer for 'Naki MVP honours while Secret Squirrel and Richie scored the final $$ for The Magpies for whom Antz with a mercurial performance was Man of the Match. Hard luck Ian and mates. We hardly deserved it !

363 Hesi

230.60 Richie

85 Maurice

19 Stevie N

85 Geoff

26.40 Ian

247.80 Heather

300 Secret Squirrel

345 PJ

594.20 Antz

3 TURBOS (3rd)

$1653.60

2 BLUES (2nd)

$1143.20

The Blues had two chances to salvage it in the last but neither yelped so The Turbos for whom Ray and Blind Squirrel bagged BBs with Ziggy also going back-to-back labeled the Bosson bolter also tipped by Blues MVP Smiler. It was a close match which the Blues led early on for a couple of races but the Turbos powered by a big individual performance from Man of the Match Blind Squirrel just proved too strong registering the day's top team total.

371.40 Our Maizcay

261.40 Moose

129 Gary

375.40 Smiler

252 Ziggy

141 Gordy

600.80 Blind Squirrel 

158 Roland

300.40 Ray 

207.40 Pete

NPC SPRING SUPER COMP PRESIDENTS SEMI-FINALS

3 CHIEFS (8th)

$909.40

2 SWAMP FOXES (5th)

$1244.80

The Chiefs, who had never been in front at any stage stole the win in the last with Captain Jack overhauling Black Caviar with the Walker winner also tipped by fellow Chiefs Robert (with a BB) and Steve P. Jamison and Punter Pete collected the final $$ for the Swamp Foxes who had looked the winners for much of the day. Robert was Waikato MVP and unlucky to draw Cat of the Match in Jamison who tipped 6 winners on a tricky day. The Swampies now incredulously face the Wooden Spoon Battle on Saturday while The Chiefs proceed to the Presidents Final.

219 Lightning Blue

176 Rees

185.60 Steve P

19 Maria

0 Gee

360 Punter Pete

243 Jack

183.60 Black Caviar

261.80 Robert

506.20 Jamison

2 KAURI KATS (7th)

$1353.40

3 HIGHLANDERS (6th)

$676.00

The Kauri Kats had no less than 4 chances to turn the match around in the last but none could get into the act and despite failing to score for the last 4 races and posting the day's lowest team total, The Highlanders make it through to The Presidents Final. Sharne (with a BB) and Rex - who nearly caught Tonka - tipped the Savabeel winner in the last but it was Jen who was Match Star with her inspired selection of maiden winner Kenobi while Howie also with another good total was Otago MVP for the victors.

492 Jen

112 Midnight Caller

0 Max

78 Rob

351 Sharne

0 Craig

130 Rex

135 Tonka

380.40 Graeme 

429 Howie

• Like 1

STATS

Best Scores
600.80 Blind Squirrel
594.20 Antz
506.20 Jamison
492.00 Jen
429.00 Howie

Worst Scores 

19.00 Maria

19.00 Stevie N

0 Craig

0 Max

0 Gee

Most Wins

6 Blind Squirrel

6 Jamison

5 Secret Squirrel

5 PJ

5 Antz

5 Our Maizcay

5 Smiler

Most Quinellas
2 Smiler

2 Jamison

2 Pete

2 Blind Squirrel

2 Antz

2 Graeme

Biggest Winning Margin

600.80 Blind Squirrel
158.00 Roland

Narrowest Winning Margin
135.00 Tonka

130.00 Rex

Highest Losing Score

380.40 Graeme

Lowest Winning Score
78.00 Rob

DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK FOR THE FINAL DAY OF THE COMP ON SATURDAY

GRAND FINAL DAY - Sat Nov 11

Meetings will be Riccarton, Flemington & Rosehill

NPC SPRING SUPER COMP

GRAND FINAL

FERDIES vs TURBOS

Maurice v Our Maizcay

Geoff v Gary

Heather v Ziggy

PJ v Blind Squirrel

Hesi v Ray

3rd PLACE PLAYOFF

MAGPIES vs BLUES

Antz v Moose

Ian v Smiler

Richie v Roland

Stevie N v Gordy

Secret Squirrel v Pete

NPC SPRING SUPER COMP PRESIDENTS GRAND FINAL

CHIEFS vs HIGHLANDERS

Gee v Midnight Caller

Jack v Tonka

Steve P v Craig

Robert v Rob

Lightning Blue v Howie

WOODEN SPOON PLAYOFF

KAURI KATS vs SWAMP FOXES

Max v Rees

Sharne v Black Caviar

Rex/Pam v Punter Pete

Graeme v Maria

Jen v Jamison

Cheers Sharne for the match today well done,

Hard Luck Kats you guys certainly played well.

Congrats to my team , awesome effort Howie,

Cheers PJ , exciting matches today.

All the best Ferdies & Turbos in the Big Dance on Saturday.

I've had a great day as I do every Melbourne Cup Day!

Lunch was,

Roast Turkey ,New Potatoes , Peas & Coleslaw

70.s Dessert Three Berry Cheesecake ,Kapiti Boysenberry Ice Cream , Fruit Salad & Whipped Cream.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Woohooo  brown foxy one... taking on the voodoo dwelling foxy one 🙂   can't wait 🙂 

Who would have thought 3 weeks ago we would have found ourselves here😁

Never mind, didn't back the winner of the cup but Warren Kennedy had me laughing all the way to the bank so all good

• Like 1