The Race Place

Summer-Autumn Draft Super Comp - Round 1 - Sat Jan 13

PWJ

ROUND 1 - Saturday January 13

A bonza card to get the comp started with every race a stakes contest and/or a $1m stake. We kick off at Trentham where an upset or two is not unknown with the time-honoured Telegraph completing the NZ leg of the card before we jump on the jet for The Gold Coast where PJ will be there tomorrow checking out the track first hand (and a few horses) with capacity fields and a plethora of form will make tipping a serious challenge. Trentham currently a Soft 7 and Gold Coast now a heavy 8 just to keep you thinking. Have fun and good luck everyone !

CAPTAINS - Be aware though of the need to tactically deploy your Triple Joker. Please read and be aware of the rule below:

The TRIPLE JOKER is a separate chip. This can only be played against a team above you in the table with one exception. Any team will be able to play their Triple Joker against one of the 3 teams immediately below them in Rounds 7 or 14 if they have not already done so in Rounds 1-6 or 8-13. The double and triple Jokers can be played once in Rounds 1-7, and then once again in Rounds 8-14 as usual.  It will lapse if not used within those timeframes. There is no "carry-over". The team captain must advise this in the post in which they make their selections. The TRIPLE JOKER will triple the final points tally for that team for that week. So it's possible to score 15 points from a single round. However if your team fails to score points when playing the TRIPLE JOKER, they will incur a 1 point deduction for that round. The TRIPLE JOKER cannot be played in ROUND 1.

Remember you must have at least 6 different picks (of 20) for those who post after their opponent

Please post on time. Let's have some fun and note the closing time...

Close off at 1.28pm (NZ time)

Races are:

1. Trentham R4 - 2.28pm - IRT Wellesley Stks (LR) - $90k, 1100m, 2yos SWs

2. Trentham R5 - 3.06pm - Dixon & Dunlop Anniversary Hdcp (Gr3) - $120k, 1600m, open hdcp

3. Trentham R6 - 3.41pm - Cambridge Stud Levin Classic (Gr1) - $500k, 1600m, 3yos SW+Ps

4. Trentham R7 - 4.16pm - Mode Technology Trentham Stks (Gr3) - $120k, 2100m, open SW+Ps

5. Trentham R8 - 4.51pm - JR & N Berkett Telegraph (Gr1) - $450k, 1200m, WFA

6. Gold Coast R7 - 5.50pm - Its Live ! In Queensland Magic Millions Snippets - $1m, 1200m,

SW+Ps

7. Gold Coast R8 - 6.15pm - The Star Gold Coast Magic Millions 2YO Classic (LR) - $3m, 1200m, 2yos SWs

8. Gold Coast R9 - 7.20pm - Gold Coast Magic Millions 3YO Guineas (LR) - $3m, 1400m, 3yos

SW+Ps

9. Gold Coast R10 - 7.55pm - Jewel Magic Millions Cup (LR) - $1m, 1400m, qlty hdcp

10. Gold Coast R11 - 8.30pm - TAB Magic Millions Fillies & Mares - $1m, 1300m, fillies/mares SW+Ps

KAOS vs STYX

Ziggy v Howie

Sasha v Robert

Ray v Gordy

Midnight Caller v Our Maizcay

Stevie N v Smiler

MAGIC vs SHOWTIME

Anita v Harewood

Jamison v Craig

Pam v Maria

Sharne v Blind Squirrel

Heather v Punter Pete

MAX FACTORY vs SEAGULLS

Rob v Graeme

Barb v Maurice

Gee v Steve P

Lightning Blue v Rees

Max v Pete

OLD MATE vs REAPERS

Black Caviar v Tassie Tiger

Rex v Ian

Richie v Hesi

PJ v Tonka

Jack v Secret Squirrel

• Like 1

• PWJ pinned this topic

Hot and dry weather forecast for Upper Hutt. Expect that track to be in the Good range on Saturday morning as long as they don't start watering it (we all know this has happened in the past).

• Thanks 1

No faffing around by 'highly-rated-in-their-own-minds' team Styx.
Lead-off runner in the relay Double Robert has fair flown the gates, with an impressive portfolio of selections as above.
It's gonna be a torrid pace that the Styx sets, and the question is, can team Kaos keep up ?
Unlikely . . .
but we'll see. 😊

• Like 4

On 1/10/2024 at 2:40 PM, pete said:

Hot and dry weather forecast for Upper Hutt. Expect that track to be in the Good range on Saturday morning as long as they don't start watering it (we all know this has happened in the past).

8mil of irrigation last night - Soft 5 but it will be a 4 at least by saturday

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Our Maizcay said:

good luck on Saturday Gary, your girl is due

Thank you. Trackwork report was great from yesterday, she is in great shape, hooves are fine and she is full of beans. Finally got a decent draw so we are hoping lady luck is on her side this week unlike last week. This is her race.

• Like 4

Trentham a much different prospect than Ellerslie, of course, of course ... less turning and more sprinting...suits ahorse with a huge finishing sectional.
Not sure this is BL's race but would love to see it happen for Gazza's sake.

MM

Howie for team Styx

R1)  4-5
R2)  7-15
R3)  8-9        Best Bet NZ
R4)  3-12
R5)  1-7         

R6)  3-7        Best Bet Aus
R7)  4-8
R8)  2-13
R9)  2-3
R10)3-8

My wife has requisitioned me tomorrow Saturday for a day out of Auckland at her favourite Hobbiton, in Matamata.
So my own particular avenue of pleasure that is horseracing will be lost to me for the day. :classic_sad:
Will be hoping to return home to the pleasant news that Ray's mob, team Kaos, have been successfully vanquished by our marauding team Styx ! 😁
Good luck anyway, Ziggy, Ray and all the Kaos - maybe you can get a team profit point for something to at least take away out of the day ? Hard to see, but maybe.

Go team Styx !

Many thanks for all your effort and expertise, PJ. He who stands precariously under the shuddering weight of the poison chalice ! 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Howard Atkinson said:

Howie for team Styx

R1)  4-5
R2)  7-15
R3)  8-9        Best Bet NZ
R4)  3-12
R5)  1-7         

R6)  3-7        Best Bet Aus
R7)  4-8
R8)  2-13
R9)  2-3
R10)3-8

My wife has requisitioned me tomorrow Saturday for a day out of Auckland at her favourite Hobbiton, in Matamata.
So my own particular avenue of pleasure that is horseracing will be lost to me for the day. :classic_sad:
Will be hoping to return home to the pleasant news that Ray's mob, team Kaos, have been successfully vanquished by our marauding team Styx ! 😁
Good luck anyway, Ziggy, Ray and all the Kaos - maybe you can get a team profit point for something to at least take away out of the day ? Hard to see, but maybe.

Go team Styx !

Many thanks for all your effort and expertise, PJ. He who stands precariously under the shuddering weight of the poison chalice ! 😁

Well that changes everything! We seriously considered resting 2 players and throwing in a joker play just to create some interest in this match. (It's been hard motivating the players). But a rudderless Styx has actually become more of a threat. I'll have to warn the team...

Anyway, enjoy your day out Howie. Hobbiton this weekend, RUBY in Hamilton the next.....  that's how it all starts. Some words of advice. Don't check the results while you're out and about with the wife. She'll take one look at you and think some catastrophic event has occurred back home. And don't stay away too long. The last time you were absent you came back expecting a top 3 call up in the draft...the trouble was  no-one remembered you. Even Geoff messaged me "who's that dude?" ☺️

Good luck Styx!  Go KAOS, let's bring it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

55 minutes ago, Rayzor said:

Well that changes everything! We seriously considered resting 2 players and throwing in a joker play just to create some interest in this match. (It's been hard motivating the players). But a rudderless Styx has actually become more of a threat. I'll have to warn the team...

Anyway, enjoy your day out Howie. Hobbiton this weekend, RUBY in Hamilton the next.....  that's how it all starts. Some words of advice. Don't check the results while you're out and about with the wife. She'll take one look at you and think some catastrophic event has occurred back home. And don't stay away too long. The last time you were absent you came back expecting a top 3 call up in the draft...the trouble was  no-one remembered you. Even Geoff messaged me "who's that dude?" ☺️

Good luck Styx!  Go KAOS, let's bring it!

haha . . . very good, Ray ! 🙂
I didn't realise you are quite the writer ! 👏
And you are spot on about that infamous draft draw ! I'm still recovering, as Hesi will no doubt attest with my regular references to 33/36. One day you're the rooster ... next day you're the feather duster ! 😁 Eh !
I've told my wife ( ok, she might read this, Geoff is like a leaky sieve . . .  I better change 'told to' to 'hinted to' ) my wife that it's ok for me to miss tomorrow against the Kaos, I've got a 'Leave Pass' . . . but for the bigger matches later on in the round against stronger opposition I simply must not be requisitioned to Hobbiton or anything similar.  If that's alright. Please. Dear. 🙂

Good luck, Ray. 😊

• Like 5

FOUND this AD for the Seagulls Problems .

I can 'read between the lines' though so have added (in brackets) of What they are really trying to say. 😁😎😉

Seagull Control MelbourneWhether you have just 5 (Pete's team) or a whole flock of seagulls , they can be a huge nuisance as well as cause damage. (beat you in the comp)

Apart from the fact that they destroy the surrounding areas of your building (or take a place higher on the PJ ladder)  by trying to make nests (or pick winners) , their feces ( and team score)  can mess up the visual appearance (points on the Summer Comp ladder) and contaminate the premises with bacteria (very high scores) . It comes as no surprise then that most people (the other 7 teams) are on the lookout for seagull removal services and a system (plenty of winners) that controls the population (score) of these pests.(nice blokes)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 1/11/2024 at 7:47 PM, Dancing Show said:

Is that the Exceed and Excel filly?

No its a Kiwi-bred filly by Super Seth out of Date Night, a Savabeel daughter of the good OReilly mare Dating

• Like 1

Am down at Wyndham for the weekend for a "celebration of life" for my Aunty who.passed away 2 days before Christmas and have an early start in the morning so BC captain sir can you.please check for scratchings

1    4,5

2    10,16

3    9,10   BB

4    12,14

5     1,7

6     3,11

7     1,2

8    2,10   BB

9    7,19

10    1,11

Thanks PJ

Good luck Hesi

• Like 1

My picks for today for The Dancing Show team Some how when I first posted my picks they didnt appear so here they are 

1. Trentham R4 - 2/4

2. Trentham R5 - 10/11

3. Trentham R6 - 9/13 BB

4. Trentham R7 - 2/10

5. Trentham R8 - 3/8

6. Gold Coast R7 - 7/8

7. Gold Coast R8 - 1/2

8. Gold Coast R9 - 1/9 BB

9. Gold Coast R10 - 2/19

10. Gold Coast R11 - 3/13

• Like 1