The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

14 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

That's the dichotomy of this whole thing. Like I said everyone to their own view on this. And contrary to peoples idea of a disorganised rabble ,I can say that it is very organised in behind the lines. There is a large following, organising speakers ,food , etc etc. As I said it ain't going anywhere, watch this space.

I hope so - but given the response from government, they don't agree with you that it is in any way organised - and my family in Wellington think it isn't based around a general fear developing from feeling free to roam the area.

Well at least I have, after being silent for a while got some discussion going.  It is in my patch of the country and while I agree with the premise of protest against Vacc Mandates , mainly through personal experience with sick people and job loss, I don't condone (as Barry said) personal vindictive stuff as we have seen.

I will qualify that by saying that those threats come from the lunatic fringe that invariably hi jack these sort of protests. Sad but true. Most don't hold that view from my experience. 

• Like 1

Just now, Globederby19 said:

Ok, I am going to ask a question 

Despite our differences of opinions on some of the smaller points , how many of you would like to see the Vacc Mandates dropped. And if so , how would you try to implement it.  Apart from a protest such as this.

I've given my view. 

I would be ultra keen on supporting having the vaccine mandates dropped (they are going to be anyway).

I would do it by a single message of that, via petition. That has zero impact on other business trying to do the very thing this protest is saying they can't do. That has zero impact on inflicting restrictions on other parts of society - again something this protest is angry at having been subjected to.

It's incongruous to protest about something in a manner that inflicts the same outcomes on what you're unhappy about. Hence why I say the idea is a terrible idea. And highly likely to have an outcome worse than doing nothing. Especially since the mandates are going to be dropped.

10 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Despite our differences of opinions on some of the smaller points , how many of you would like to see the Vacc Mandates dropped. And if so , how would you try to implement it.  Apart from a protest such as this.

Me. No more jab, no more jab.

Was 2 jabs and she'll be right. Get our freedoms back. Then the goal posts moved to get another jab. Got another jab, still dont have our freedoms. Collasped instead.

Sick of masks & 2 years later. 

Think intial response by Govt was the right one dealing with an unknown & applaud the low number of deaths. But time to move on with life. 

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Me. No more jab, no more jab.

Was 2 jabs and she'll be right. Get our freedoms back. Then the goal posts moved to get another jab. Got another jab, still dont have our freedoms. Collasped instead.

Sick of masks & 2 years later. 

Think intial response by Govt was the right one dealing with an unknown & applaud the low number of deaths. But time to move on with life. 

I think Globe is referring to the Vacc Mandates - i.e. enforcing job positions to be filled by vaccinated people, causing job loss etc - not so much the pressure via propaganda for the population to be generally vaccinated. Although the presence of vaccine passports is also something I 100% disagree with.

8 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I think Globe is referring to the Vacc Mandates - i.e. enforcing job positions to be filled by vaccinated people, causing job loss etc - not so much the pressure via propaganda for the population to be generally vaccinated. Although the presence of vaccine passports is also something I 100% disagree with.

Ok. Just read his last post that I replied to. But yip mean that too, with no more jab. Doesn't work anyway. Not effective at least thats what head of Pfizer publically said. So why should those un-vaxxed lose their jobs. 

Prob 1/2 the peeps Iv spoken to in past couple weeks, have turned, sick of all this. All vaxxed too. No more. 

Max is double vaxed and boosted.

1 Max wants vax mandates removed immediately and people who have lost their jobs because of it compensated by this Government that finds billions for all sorts of crap and doesnt prioritise the most vulnerable or the infrastructure/resources in the health system that should have been #1 Priority as soon as the borders were closed two years ago.

2 Max wants the PM to do her frikkin' job properly (better) and face the criticism coming her way.

MM

• Like 1

Last post on this thread for a bit. This is in Herald today.

His greatest concern was that not enough people were boosted: "I'm amazed that there are more than 1 million New Zealanders who are eligible for the booster dose who have not yet taken up this opportunity. This is crazy."

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, know quite a few people that are eligible and are NOT going to get their booster. Those I know have said they will hold off until it becomes mandatory, then IF its mandatory they will get it. BUT they for sure won’t be getting any other jabs after that.

Its going to be interesting when peeps vaccines passes start expiring this year. And people won’t be lining up to get anymore. What will they do?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/covid-19-omicron-opposition-urges-government-to-provide-more-rapid-tests-with-a-wave-of-infections-imminent/I6A7JWWZXCCN3ZP4263OQPQZRU/

1 minute ago, karrotsishere said:

Last post on this thread for a bit. This is in Herald today.

His greatest concern was that not enough people were boosted: "I'm amazed that there are more than 1 million New Zealanders who are eligible for the booster dose who have not yet taken up this opportunity. This is crazy."

This doesn’t surprise me in the slightest, know quite a few people that are eligible and are NOT going to get their booster. Those I know have said they will hold off until it becomes mandatory, then IF its mandatory they will get it. BUT they for sure won’t be getting any other jabs after that.

Its going to be interesting when peeps vaccines passes start expiring this year. And people won’t be lining up to get anymore. What will they do?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politics/covid-19-omicron-opposition-urges-government-to-provide-more-rapid-tests-with-a-wave-of-infections-imminent/I6A7JWWZXCCN3ZP4263OQPQZRU/

I will personally be joining the great unwashed.

I honestly think that the passes will be gone by the time mine expires but who knows?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

Andrew Costa now says the protest is now untenable.

IMO it was untenable once they were trespassed.

This just opens the door for protests about anything taking place and the cops have set a precedent of doing nothing for 8 days.

ng

Peaceful protests are allowed in this country, thank God ...the police tread a fine line balancing the rights of the protestors with the rights of non-protesters. The only reason the protesters are still there is because the Government lacks the moral fibre and leadership to face the criticism they have attracted from their pathetic policies on Covid since 2021. Unjust and probably iillegal vax mandates, a cruel and ridiculously expensive MIQ system, slow vax rollout in 2021 causing the Three Phase response to Omicron (to buy time or booster jabs etc); the commandeering of RaTs to the detriment of our economy, esp SMEs; and the establishment of a bureaucratic registration systemfor businesses  to get RaTs when they should be free or at least subsidised by the Govt and available 'over the counter' at all pharmacies. Did I mention their belated injection of $100M to upgrade ICUs when this should have been the first thing they did with their $50Bn or whatever it was for a 'fighting fund' - money poured into the economy but poorly prioritised and fuelling inflation while they claim record low unemployment. But we cant staff our ICU wards cos they wont let in the qualified nurses who want to come here, and of the 200 dairy industry 'seasonal workers' allocated places in MIQ 8 months ago, 21 places have been filled! 21 place in 8 months ! 

The leadership in this country is out of its depth. And we will pay the price in the next few weeks and months.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Maximus said:

ng

Peaceful protests are allowed in this country, thank God ...the police tread a fine line balancing the rights of the protestors with the rights of non-protesters. The only reason the protesters are still there is because the Government lacks the moral fibre and leadership to face the criticism they have attracted from their pathetic policies on Covid since 2021. Unjust and probably iillegal vax mandates, a cruel and ridiculously expensive MIQ system, slow vax rollout in 2021 causing the Three Phase response to Omicron (to buy time or booster jabs etc); the commandeering of RaTs to the detriment of our economy, esp SMEs; and the establishment of a bureaucratic registration systemfor businesses  to get RaTs when they should be free or at least subsidised by the Govt and available 'over the counter' at all pharmacies. Did I mention their belated injection of $100M to upgrade ICUs when this should have been the first thing they did with their $50Bn or whatever it was for a 'fighting fund' - money poured into the economy but poorly prioritised and fuelling inflation while they claim record low unemployment. But we cant staff our ICU wards cos they wont let in the qualified nurses who want to come here, and of the 200 dairy industry 'seasonal workers' allocated places in MIQ 8 months ago, 21 places have been filled! 21 place in 8 months ! 

The leadership in this country is out of its depth. And we will pay the price in the next few weeks and months.

Good post Max.

And as for the 'tight labour market '  I have three 'boarders'.... 'flatmates' ,    call them what you will, all perfectly capable of working and one, in particular. very able cutting patterns and using a sewing machine.

All now on 'medically assisted ' benefits,   so that explains pretty well why those on jobseeker benefits are way down.

This lot will never work, have no intention of ever doing so.

• Like 1

Know said wont post on here for a bit, BUT lol was reading today Towies had been relunctant to tow protestor vechicles til now due to sympathy to the cause. 

Had not at all followed the Welly protest. Read a lil today. 

Question @Globederby19 do you guys have an up-to-date based on now, recent online petition?

Focusing on Omincron & how its more mild, seemingly less threat than 2 other strains. How govt did a great job in keeping NZ safe & low deaths & this is recogised & appauded. However now as we enter the 3rd year 2020/2021/2022 its time to remove vaxx mandate. (Find out if the rumour going around is true or not & find if not true find out the accuarate figures & add these too). Rumour is that 100k people have claimed via ACC adverse reactions side effects claims to date from vaxx. 

Focus petiton on being objective & advise many now that have had 2 or 3 jabs & no longer want to line up for more. Many peoples vaxx passes expire this year. The loss of jobs to the un-vaxxed. Is this reasonable now dealing with Omincron? That they lose their jobs? Is it fair to those whom had bad side effects or an adverse reaction to vaxx to have to go get a 4th jab? Is it a fair call now to make them social outcasts?

Roll it out thru social media thru all your contacts. Get it out while the protest is on so media pick it up. Think you will find thousands will sign.  The likes of myself, Pete & many others I know who would. 

Edited by karrotsishere

35 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Know said wont post on here for a bit, BUT lol was reading today Towies had been relunctant to tow protestor vechicles til now due to sympathy to the cause. 

Had not at all followed the Welly protest. Read a lil today. 

Question @Globederby19 do you guys have an up-to-date based on now, recent online petition?

Focusing on Omincron & how its more mild, seemingly less threat than 2 other strains. How govt did a great job in keeping NZ safe & low deaths & this is recogised & appauded. However now as we enter the 3rd year 2020/2021/2022 its time to remove vaxx mandate. (Find out if the rumour going around is true or not & find if not true find out the accuarate figures & add these too). Rumour is that 100k people have claimed via ACC adverse reactions side effects claims to date from vaxx. 

Focus petiton on being objective & advise many now that have had 2 or 3 jabs & no longer want to line up for more. Many peoples vaxx passes expire this year. The loss of jobs to the un-vaxxed. Is this reasonable now dealing with Omincron? That they lose their jobs? Is it fair to those whom had bad side effects or an adverse reaction to vaxx to have to go get a 4th jab? Is it a fair call now to make them social outcasts?

Roll it out thru social media thru all your contacts. Get it out while the protest is on so media pick it up. Think you will find thousands will sign.  The likes of myself, Pete & many others I know who would. 

We won't be putting any links to online petitions up on this site.

Any posts that have them will be removed.

This is a general policy not just in this particular case. I'm sure you'll all understand that this is primarily a racing site and we just don't feel like we want to start allowing this sort of thing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, pete said:

We won't be putting any links to online petitions up on this site.

Any posts that have them will be removed.

This is a general policy not just in this particular case. I'm sure you'll all understand that this is primarily a racing site and we just don't feel like we want to start allowing this sort of thing.

Oh no wasn't meaning to put up here, with respect but the site doesn't have the volume. Was meaning Globe needs to within his community for e.g. saw a gal that is at the protest was mentioned in news today. She has a following of 75k I think. Need to be someone within that community that has a large following. To share & sign. Its just an idea for Globe as recall in an earlier post he asked 'what would you guys do other than the actual protest". Well this is my idea put forward 😄

• Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 6:26 PM, Globederby19 said:

This Im answering too 😄

5 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Oh no wasn't meaning to put up here, with respect but the site doesn't have the volume. Was meaning Globe needs to within his community for e.g. saw a gal that is at the protest was mentioned in news today. She has a following of 75k I think. Need to be someone within that community that has a large following. To share & sign. Its just an idea for Globe as recall in an earlier post he asked 'what would you guys do other than the actual protest". Well this is my idea put forward 😄

No problem then 😎

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karrotsishere said:

Was meaning Globe needs to within his community for e.g. saw a gal that is at the protest was mentioned in news today. She has a following of 75k I think. Need to be someone within that community that has a large following. To share & sign.

Cant find the link to article but it was a gal that was like an ex MPs daughter or similar & she was doing live feeds on Facebook at protest.

Oh I'd add to petition that those that wish to get their 4th or 5th jab are welcome to do so 😄

But not to punish those that don't want the jab or to have anymore jabs. 

No more vaxx mandates 😄

Edited by karrotsishere