The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

4 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Probably kryptonite

Omg Hesi yes! Person said they had been doing that sportsperson. had not heard of it & cant remember what they said it is. 

If you could brief explain. And ill let them know that is prob what it is!

This is be a huge relieve. But surely they would know this ... re heart rate? 

16 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Kryptonite, only works on super men

?  Not sure what you mean. Ill google when home. But do recall a convo about a thing that began with K & sounds the same & involved freezing or dropping body temperature. Id tuned out of convo at that stage so cant recall specifics. 

Edited by karrotsishere

37 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

?  Not sure what you mean. Ill google when home. But do recall a convo about a thing that began with K & sounds the same & involved freezing or dropping body temperature. Id tuned out of convo at that stage so cant recall specifics. 

Probably cryotherapy.    They lower the temperature in different parts of the body to slow down the flow of the blood.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Probably cryotherapy.    They lower the temperature in different parts of the body to slow down the flow of the blood.

Yes that must be it. THANKS.

Anyway, Im going to stop talking about this person as they have the kindest soul & it nearly brings tears to my eyes, thinking about this. Just everything they have been thru to get to this point & now this shitty thing has happend. Putting it out to universe they get better and soon. 

1 minute ago, barryb said:

The Mrs got an alert as a bluetooth close contact, we came home from trip away first thing this morning, shes been out for hours trying to get a test.

1st place run out of swabs after 2hrs in que, referred her to another centre across town which was closed when she got there. It said go to another centre in the middle of the city, gets there and it says closed go to the original place she was at. fuck me drunk.

Shes now at the meidcal centre she was told to go too & they wont pick up the phone to come out and test, & you wonder why people have fucking given up on the scanner.

Same issues in Melbourne a while back. Both my kids had to get tested as they had a partner / flatmate that was positive. Took a week to get a test due to waiting daily to be told they've run out.

By then, it's probably pointless. I've never had bluetooth on for our app except for the first few hours. Was horrendous on resources so switched it off.

Not sure what will happen next, it's apparently a police operational matter, but they will need the army to move this lot on, and not sure who makes that call.

I suspect every far right activist in NZ has jumped on this bandwagon, so how do you negotiate with that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Hesi said:

suspect every far right activist in NZ has jumped on this bandwagon,

This is in my back yard, and no not every far right activist is there Allan. The lunatic fringe always spoil an honest protest.

Its not going to go away either.

1  No sign of any politicians yet, apart from childish Trevor Mallard turning on sprinklers, and loud music being played from Parliament house to try to drown out the protest noise.

2 Local truckys refused to tow away the vehicles when asked by parliamentarians. In fact some have joined it. I heard that they have to get a tow truck from New Plymouth, no one else wants to cooperate.

3  Local farmers have supplied bails of hay to spread on the rain soaked and muddy ground.

4  Local Hotels have opened up shower facility's for the protesters , including some food outlets supplying food.

5  The local Chinese community have pitched in to help cook food

6  The ground swell of support has included things such as tents, sleeping bags ,etc

7 I have acquaintances  in police cells, from being dragged forcefully out by police, with black eyes, bruises etc. A few of them are ex nurses mandated out of a job who stepped in to assist with the injury's meted out by the early Police brutality and were arrested. 

And they were not doing anything to aggravate. The woman you may have seen dragged naked (by her hair) was sitting peacefully, and has two black eyes for her trouble.

8 The Police on the ground are sick of it from reports, and a portion have handed in their notice . Some are handing out sweets to the protesters . Some in the front line look like they are fresh out of Police College and stuck in as cannon fodder.

9  My friend talked to one Scottish gentleman  , a Forensic Lab technician, who got out of Sth Africa to come to a more peaceful life. He was mandated out of his job. And that is only the tip of the iceberg, in amongst this crowd.

10 Some of the speakers are professional people Lawyers, Doctors, Dentists nurses, accountants , a lot mandated out of their jobs or businesses.

Please don't denigrate these people as nutters. They are mostly hardworking Kiwis who have had enough of this Govts draconian mandates. IT IS NOT AN ANTI VACC   protest. Their are people there who are double jabbed , boostered , and those who oppose being vacc at all ,all on the same page .

And I will give you the tip.

IT AINT GOING TO END ANY TIME SOON.  

For those of you sitting at home in your cosy little homes, waiting to go to work tomorrow or open your business up for trading another day , financially secure in the knowledge "I'm alright jack" , SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THOSE WILLING TO DO SOMETHING YOU HAVNT/OR WONT , UNDER EXTREME DURESS FOR THE SAKE OF THIS ONCE NOBLE COUNTRY.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ngakonui grass said:

The Govt imo will do very little re these protesters,after all it was them that allowed the gangs to deliver their bags of gloom and doom around the Waikato during the lock down but as soon as those'''RICH PRICKS''' flew to Wanaka they nailed their arses.

as Max's beloved Mother used to day: "Two wrongs don't make a right".

Incompetent Govt, yes, but the Judiciary equally culpable for being soft on crime.

• Like 1