The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

8 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Karrots. Make up your mind on your next step (vacc again or not)and stick to it.  Boy have I seen some divisions in family's,friends, my RSA,  over this. Don't get caught up in discussion , just politely point out your position and walk away. 👍

I don't think I was suggesting he do anything but what he wants to do. I support anyone not wanting to be vaccinated.

I don't support the majority of extreme views around the vaccine being a depopulation tool etc, but then I'm hardly likely to have any friends/family that would think along those lines, so haven't had any division in my family/friends between vaccinated and unvaccinated.

But if someone doesn't want to discuss something, I find it odd they would post about that on a site such as this.

20 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Karrots. Make up your mind on your next step (vacc again or not)and stick to it.  Boy have I seen some divisions in family's,friends, my RSA,  over this. Don't get caught up in discussion , just politely point out your position and walk away. 👍

My personal position still stands the same. Ill be applying for an exception. Have the forms, will do so closer to time when vac cert runs out.

Other vaccines yes will still get in future e.g. flu shot or whatever. As never had side effects from.

But not this one. Soley based on 2 adverse reactions. Its seriously freaked me out.

Nah, no diversion re friends, family. They understand & are starting to get weary also now, based on how many others they directly know who also have bad side effects or themselves included.

For me if didn’t get side effects e.g. heart palpations & fainting then, yes Id be fine to get again. (Flu like side effects can deal with, but those 2 are scary).

Agree re walk away as had said last post on this - but then Freda replied to her. So wanted to reply to her, M & now you.

Remember back I was excited & kind of boosting cause I was off to get my booster before anyone else here lol. And then had the bad reaction lol. Hence have given feedback. 

But yeah over and out 👍😃

• Like 2

well i hope you guys all understand that this 'legal wrangle' is all part of the build-up to the new show...publicity money cant buy. She doesnt have to turm up to work for weeks or months if this builds up a head of steam.

Classic PR stunt that makes her out to be something she isn't (iie important)

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Poor Tova, being picked on by Discovery. Silly we Tova never read her contract or just seen the dollar signs and signed it. Seems she using  media, to bully other media companies. Suppose her good freind Ardern and nineth floor bullies of Beehive helping out.  Linda Clark be lawyer since she another Ardern bestie. Some might say it is karma Tova. Discovery at worse get damages, over her breaking contract. https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/300496408/mediaworks-radio-show-launch-hinges-on-outcome-of-tova-obriens-employment-case

I'm not sure if Tova was a buddy of Jacinda's.. she seemed to annoy her more often than not with her repetitive inane questions trying to be the aggressive journalist seeking the truth for the people, in her mind   ...  and not quite cutting it...  

• Like 1

As I suspected, the vaccine mandates are simply worthless. 

Everyone knows (or should by now), the vaccine is unlikely to reduce transmission (or certainly not to any great degree)

Vaccine passports and vaccine mandates are just a compliance cost and a divisive element. What a bunch of twits running the country. NZ would have been able to cruise along as they are now - without either of those requirements - without any real difference to the state of things. But without the division, and the situation where non-vaxxed are unable to retain their jobs.

No one who is vaccinated should be surprised by getting the virus. Hopefully the repercussions of getting it whilst vaccinated will be sufficiently mild to assist, in a lot of cases.

I know 8 people now that have/have had Covid - all symptomatic, 1 dead (20s with underlying issues), 7 unwell but able to recover at home. (All vaccinated).

I can't understand two things.

1. Why those opposed to vaccinations think that vaccinated people getting the virus means it doesn't have any benefits.

2. Why those vaccinated seem surprised when they get the virus.

The people in number (2) that are surprised are feeding those in number (1), even though number (2) is just an expected outcome.

Case numbers are pretty irrelevant when assessing the vaccine. And the vast majority of people getting the virus are going to be vaccinated people - not a lot different in % to the % vaccinated.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

the only good thing about 'mandating' is that it dragged total % of vaxed eligible people up beyond 90%, giving the nation as a whole better protection against the worst-case scenarios (collapse of health system/ high number of deaths and 'long Covid'.

Unfortunately it looks like the very high, swift transmissibility of omicron is going to cause wide disruption to 'normal life' for a while, ie business, education, events, supply chain - esp if we don't have proper plans in place to cover work force absentees.

As usual Labour is sitting on its hands in holiday mode instead of formulating and executing their plan before omicron gets into the community. IMO borders should have been closed by now to returnees from countries with omicron variant. Kids vaccination should have started earlier, etc and there should be mass vaccinations at school in Week 1 of schools going back.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maximus said:

the only good thing about 'mandating' is that it dragged total % of vaxed eligible people up beyond 90%, giving the nation as a whole better protection against the worst-case scenarios (collapse of health system/ high number of deaths and 'long Covid'.

Too big a cost for little benefit imo. People have to be self accountable for whatever action they choose - and people should have the right to choose. Two wrongs, don't make a right. Mandating something because you've stuffed something else up, doesn't make mandating something right.

22 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Too big a cost for little benefit imo. People have to be self accountable for whatever action they choose - and people should have the right to choose. Two wrongs, don't make a right. Mandating something because you've stuffed something else up, doesn't make mandating something right.

agree mate, shouldn't have been done.

Omnicron is out of control now in Australia 

I tested positive this morning with our home Rapid Antigen tests, I felt the symptoms Tuesday morning I took a home test Tuesday afternoon and it came back negative, the symptoms remained and I took another this morning positive 

I am double vaccinated and was due to have my booster today

The symptoms are mild, milder than a head cold, no breathing difficulties

50,000 plus cases a day if you include the close contacts that have to isolate that’s probably a party of 4 per positive outcome times 50,000 positive cases that’s 200,000 per day out of action 1. 4 million in the 7 day isolation period

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, mardigras said:

. Why those opposed to vaccinations think that vaccinated people getting the virus

Might have to reword that Mardi. 

1 A lot of us aren't opposed to vaccinations per say, just this one . Pro choice as you stated in yr other post .

2  And most who appose it, I would hazard a guess realise that the vaccine may have an effect in diminishing sickness if contracting the virus. 

I can see this stupid lot now locking us down again with Moronic,oops Omicron now in our midst.

My son in Melbourne and his wife and one child (all unvaccinated)contracted Covid , have recovered at home .

My sons wifes sister and her  partner now living in Sunbury as well(both double vaccinated) have contracted it as well and are both as sick as dogs , in fact worse than my son and his wife. Affects everyone differently.

21 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

2  And most who appose it, I would hazard a guess realise that the vaccine may have an effect in diminishing sickness if contracting the virus. 

I aren't seeing a lot of that in general.

It's a generalisation, but most making a noise about the vaccine, are opposed to the vaccine based on it being a de-population tool and a poison - and a means to control the population. 

Some, oppose it because they oppose the particular vaccine for some rational reason.

I certainly aren't seeing many in the second category.

I'm all for choice. But the amount of mis-information (both sides) is alarming.

Joke of the Week.

No surprises, it's from the PM.

"As we humble ourselves, we demonstrate the privilege that we have to be in this role, and we crack on with the work of 2022," she said in her speech to the caucus. 

That work had already begun with the changing of the traffic lights. 

"Northland will join the rest of the country in orange at 11:59pm tonight," Ardern announced at her afternoon press conference.

In summary: the 'work' they have 'cracked on with' so far is to decide that Northland can go orange. Big flippin' deal; should've taken about 5 minutes to decide on that.

As for giving the public immediate access to Rapid Antigen Tests - nothing has 'cracked on' there. As for making available (subsidised or free) P2/N95 face masks, nothing has cracked on there either. As for mass vaccinations of children 5-11, nothing has cracked on there either. As for details of the 'plan' to minimise omicron's impact, nothing has 'cracked on' there either.

I had my booster jab earlier this week - the nurse told me they're already overloaded at that site with too few vaccinators for the demand.

This Government is a shambles; wasting ridiculous amounts of public money on many of the wrong things while failing to allocate it to the right things (eg more ICU nurses/hospitals/dedicated MIQ facility outside Auckland) and losing qualified nurses/staff through a misguided policy on 'mandating'. Pathetic.

Peeps are starting to panic buy today. Popped into super on way home today & peeps with their trolleys fulled & with loads of loo paper too! Oh my. Gee, its the same traffic light that Auckland was in in Dec & for Xmas. Don't recall peeps panic buying then. 

Some people are funny alright. 

Toilet Paper Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Edited by karrotsishere

1 minute ago, karrotsishere said:

Peeps are starting to panic buy today. Popped into super on way home today & peeps with their trolleys fulled & with loads of loo paper too! Oh my. Gee, its the same traffic light that Auckland was in in Dec & for Xmas. Don't recall peeps panic buying then. 

Some people are funny alright. 

Toilet Paper Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

I would use the s word

Sheep Farm GIF by TLC

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pete said:

I would use the s word

Sheep Farm GIF by TLC

I on the other hand just got a bottle of wine, thats it lol. Couldn't be assed getting anything else & wasn't expecting the super to be as busy as it was. So pleased to be in & out!

Some peeps are like panic stations over the announcement today. 

Text Street GIF

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

I on the other hand just got a bottle of wine, thats it lol. Couldn't be assed getting anything else & wasn't expecting the super to be as busy as it was. So pleased to be in & out!

Some peeps are like panic stations over the announcement today. 

Text Street GIF

When you've been conditioned to being shit scared of something it's hard to break tge cycle.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, pete said:

When you've been conditioned to being shit scared of something it's hard to break tge cycle.

There was a rumour floating around Auckland a couple of weeks ago, that within the next 2 weeks Auckland MIGHT being the key word go back into lockdown (they considering it). Was going to post, but then decided against it. Didn't want to spread a rumour.

Anyway was discussing it with peeps & we all saying Aucklanders won't put-up with another lockdown, no way, surely not. Some peeps I spoke to said if that happens they will revolt. Anyway within that 2 weeks we are now changing traffic light.

It was interesting tho, since I heard that rumour made a note to myself to look for change in the wording of news & funnily enough it started to change to condition people the very next day.

Heard it on a Sunday. Monday morning news main headline was (Baker saying, he would like to see us at a level 3 type thing, then every day since then talk about Omincron coming etc). Its really interesting. 

Dont lean anyway either left or right either. And don't really care to talk about politics & aren't really that interested in it, until its maybe a month out from an election. No-one I know really talks about politics either, bar 1 whom is older & is a Nat party member. It just comes up mainly on these chat forums for some reason.  

Just pointing out a rumour heard as above post, then an observation fyi. 

11 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Is Purple Parsnip one of yours

Are you talking to me? Nah think maybe Ranga, starting up another profile. After Hunter The Punter called him condom head. He's so naughty that Hunter sometimes.

Think Pete & Mike are wrong too, they said JJ wasn't on here. Think he is. Hi JJ 😉 I know which poster you are nice you have joined us 😀

Anyways logging off, nite all. 

4 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Are you talking to me? Nah think maybe Ranga, starting up another profile. After Hunter The Punter called him condom head. He's so naughty that Hunter sometimes.

Think Pete & Mike are wrong too, they said JJ wasn't on here. Think he is. Hi JJ 😉 I know which poster you are nice you have joined us 😀

Anyways logging off, nite all. 

I haven't seen anyone on here who posts like JJ Flash.  Very upfront so if he was, would expect that he was posting as JJ