The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

15 minutes ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Everything touches turns to shit.

A director of Counterspin Media Ltd that streams on Steve Bannon's GTV.

If anyone thinks that this government Labour or Nat led, is going to have anything to do with this creep, then they are deluded.  Probably the reason why politicians of all sway have refused to entertain this rabble

The only reason they have not moved in with the army, is the section of genuine anti vax people caught up in the vaccine mandates, vulnerable people who have been swept up in people like Alp's anarchist agendas

18 minutes ago, barryb said:

Freedom of speech & the right to protest is fundamental in a free society & so is looking at things from all aspects to form an opinion. Now I don’t share the love of the PM & her mob like Craig & Hesi do, but I will defend the rights of them to not be threatened, harassed, or families abused for making decisions they feel were right for the people of NZ. They are democratically elected by the majority of NZers, that doesn’t mean decisions they make are right but there are far better ways to challenge it they what we have seen over the last few days. 

Yes well said Barry, that was what my 'objective report' comment was alluding to in part.  The disgraceful abuse and threats from the protestors against all politicians, with placards calling for executions and hanging, likening Ardern to the Mosque killer, abuse of high school kids for wearing masks, throwing eggs at a 17 year old for wearing a mask, not to mention, they have all been trespassed, so by law need to piss off.  Not too mention the illegally parked vehicles that are causing huge congestion, along with the protest itself.  All impinging on the rights of Wellingtonians, who are fed up, with these clowns, and will be even more fed up, when they realise their rates will be paying for the re-instatement of damage done by the protestors.

Just stuff you tended to leave out of your 'report' Rees

12 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

IT AINT GOING TO END ANY TIME SOON.  

For those of you sitting at home in your cosy little homes, waiting to go to work tomorrow or open your business up for trading another day , financially secure in the knowledge "I'm alright jack" , SPARE A THOUGHT FOR THOSE WILLING TO DO SOMETHING YOU HAVNT/OR WONT , UNDER EXTREME DURESS FOR THE SAKE OF THIS ONCE NOBLE COUNTRY.

For all that, I wonder why they chose such a pathetic approach to their protest. 

There is plenty of support against vaccine mandates. And this protest will attract that from some outside it (such as the groups you refer to). But what it will also do is detract from the massive number that are anti vaccine mandates - all due to the way they have done this protest.

It would have to be the most disorganised protest ever. 

As for your capitalised sentence - spare a thought for how many more people would have joined in, if those that have, weren't so stupid to do something with little thought, supposedly for the sake of the country.

I'm not sure I've seen a protest that has gone to great lengths to annoy many of the very people that support the idea behind the protest. Brilliant strategy.

I think you have confused the protest and the people on the basis you think the protest was a good way of going about protesting. On that, I can't help you.

I am aligned with the idea behind the protest. I'm strongly anti vaccine mandates, strongly anti vaccine passports - and I'm also anti this protest movement. All at the same time. Odd that.

Edited by mardigras

I think it is the NZ Police who do not come out of this type of thing with any credit. The law has to be applied to everyone equally. And why is that I know if I shot down to Government house in Auckland and set up a tent and started chanting death threats that I would be hauled off pronto.
Or would they turn up by the hundreds and stand by while I "exercised my right to free speech" ? I think not.
If I drove down the motorway obstructing traffic and hanging out the window... large fine issued in 0.5secs flat. But do it in the safety of a gang of patched unemployables and all is good.
For years out west in Te Atatu Peninsula we were kept awake at nights by lowlife scum who played Celine Dion at 2am at high volume. Again the Police didn't want to know. Now I hear it has become "music wars" at 2am, surprise surprise. And when someone finally loses it and confronts them, watch them arrest that person. So I laughed hearing the Speaker blasted the cretins with Celine Dion, I know how annoying it can be.
When I was a kid and you misbehaved the Police were there to clip you over the head, bring back those days!

Remember also, that people like Kelvyn Alp are well organised and skilled at winning over vulnerable people, such as those that have lost jobs due to the vaccine mandates.  A lot of behind the scenes social media stuff going on that most of the population don't see, because they are not interested, they just got vaccinated and got on with life.

13 hours ago, Hesi said:

Kelvyn Alp

thanks for the correct spelling of this dingbat's name, Hesi.  A cursory reading of his 'CV' on Wikipedia should be enough for any grown up person to realise that the ant-vaccine protesters have had their valid protest subsumed by A-holes like him and his mates.

Max is quietly fuming again at what is happening to this country. Where is the leadership?

Ardern is no great shakes as a leader. Completely out of her depth.

The sensible thing to have done with this protest is meet them on the steps of Parliament, listen to their grievances, tell them they have been heard and ask them nicely to go home. As a result of her (and other politicians) cowardly 'no-show', the protest movement has been infiltrated by the extremists and anarchists. The radical fringe want to see violence from the police, and the police know that.

Whatever misery happens from here, the entire debacle could have been avoided by our Prime Minister showing some mettle and facing the criticism of her policies on mandates. It could be resolved instantly now by our Prime Minister telling the nation that mandates will be removed by a certain date; but I expect she is not keen to do that for fear of law suits from people claiming 'unfair (and/or unjustified) dismissal. After all, the Bill of Rights states that no one can be forced to accept any medical procedure against their will.

When the dust eventually settles on this Labour administration, anointed by Winston - never forget it was Winston who put them in charge - the damage done will be incalculable. 

MM

Edited by Maximus

20 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

This is in my back yard, and no not every far right activist is there Allan. The lunatic fringe always spoil an honest protest.

10 Some of the speakers are professional people Lawyers, Doctors, Dentists nurses, accountants , a lot mandated out of their jobs or businesses.

Please don't denigrate these people as nutters. They are mostly hardworking Kiwis who have had enough of this Govts draconian mandates. IT IS NOT AN ANTI VACC   protest. Their are people there who are double jabbed , boostered , and those who oppose being vacc at all ,all on the same page .

The problem though Globe is the people that are anti mandates have been infiltrated with a bunch of nutters - who have become the loudest voices.

And yet for some odd reason, the protesters expect to be taken seriously.

They probably could have waited a month and had the mandates eased by choice by the government. Which is probably the last thing they will do now - just because they can

Or they could have taken the approach that didn't give the nutter element a great say in the way things went - whereby their concerns could have been easily presented to government as a strong unified voice. Sadly, they chose not to do that.

You would have to think that the Counterspin mob are the instigators of the protest, because they have a level of organization and social media communication network set up

It would be impossible for the various people who have been affected by the mandates to organize such an event

18 minutes ago, Hesi said:

You would have to think that the Counterspin mob are the instigators of the protest, because they have a level of organization and social media communication network set up

It would be impossible for the various people who have been affected by the mandates to organize such an event

You didn't need an event. A petition walked into parliament with 500,000 signatures of verifiable people would have meant something. That's not hard. With social media, there are massive number of ways to make contact with the regions of NZ. Sites/social media pages that are groups relating to specific areas of the country.

1 minute ago, Hesi said:

An ugly protest beats a petition every day, when your agenda is to create as much pandemonium as you can

I don't think the ones that are actually wanting to change the mandates, are wanting to create pandemonium. Hence why the protest is not getting the message across, just pissing a lot of people off.

11 hours ago, mardigras said:

and I'm also anti this protest movement. All at the same time. Odd that.

That's the dichotomy of this whole thing. Like I said everyone to their own view on this. And contrary to peoples idea of a disorganised rabble ,I can say that it is very organised in behind the lines. There is a large following, organising speakers ,food , etc etc. As I said it ain't going anywhere, watch this space.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Yes well a nice benefactor has stepped in and payed the parking fees for the cars to stay.

More as a service to the suffering residents, businesses and travelers in the area, than out of any sympathy for the protestors

3 hours ago, mardigras said:

Globe is the people that are anti mandates have been infiltrated with a bunch of

I agree. But the longer it goes on those idiots will hopefully tire of it, and the real front of this protest will emerge. Those with genuine concerns on which way this Govt is destroying lives.