The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

From the Herald. Words fail me. The world has officially gone mad...

The top 20 Covid symptoms are:

• Runny nose
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Sore throat
  • Sneezing
  • Persistent cough
  • Hoarse voice
  • Unusual joint pains
  • Chills or shivers
  • Fever
  • Dizzy
  • Eye soreness
  • Brain fog
  • Unusual muscle pains
  • Altered smell
  • Skipped meals
  • Swollen glands
  • Chest pain
  • Earache
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pete said:

• Runny nose
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Sore throat
  • Sneezing
  • Persistent cough
  • Hoarse voice
  • Unusual joint pains
  • Chills or shivers
  • Fever
  • Dizzy
  • Eye soreness
  • Brain fog
  • Unusual muscle pains
  • Altered smell
  • Skipped meals
  • Swollen glands
  • Chest pain
  • Earache

People being driven by fear - I'd guess a fair % of the population often have at least one of these during a normal week. Better get a test! It's insane.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hesi said:

I haven't seen anyone on here who posts like JJ Flash.  Very upfront so if he was, would expect that he was posting as JJ

Correct didn't pick it at 1st. Took me a while, only clicked a couple of weeks ago. Won't reveal whom tho. But Im quite sure. Will keep it secret hehe. 

People adapt pending on their environment. This isn't a hostile environment, or argumentative so the need to be defensive or upfront or right or whatever fades when posting here. 

Edited by karrotsishere

17 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Correct didn't pick it at 1st. Took me a while, only clicked a couple of weeks ago. Won't reveal whom tho. But Im quite sure. Will keep it secret hehe. 

People adapt pending on their environment. This isn't a hostile environment, or argumentative so the need to be defensive or upfront or right or whatever fades when posting here. 

Just like karrots, put them in a nice free draining loam and they grow long straight roots.  Put them in a rocky hard soil and they grow gnarly crooked roots.  Good analogy, don't you think?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

• Runny nose
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Sore throat
  • Sneezing
  • Persistent cough
  • Hoarse voice
  • Unusual joint pains
  • Chills or shivers
  • Fever
  • Dizzy
  • Eye soreness
  • Brain fog
  • Unusual muscle pains
  • Altered smell
  • Skipped meals
  • Swollen glands
  • Chest pain
  • Earache

A bit like using Google when you have something wrong with you.  You would probably go and make funeral arrangements

26 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Figured now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pete said:

• Runny nose
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Sore throat
  • Sneezing
  • Persistent cough
  • Hoarse voice
  • Unusual joint pains
  • Chills or shivers
  • Fever
  • Dizzy
  • Eye soreness
  • Brain fog
  • Unusual muscle pains
  • Altered smell
  • Skipped meals
  • Swollen glands
  • Chest pain
  • Earache

I think this piece in the Herald is up there for idiocy Pete

Speaking to Newstalk ZB's Tim Dower today, Auckland University supply chain expert David Robb said we could see toilet paper running out within "a week or so".

Robb said the workforce could be impacted hugely if Omicron gets into workplaces and factories linked to the supply chain - particularly if people need to isolate or stay home longer.

He advised people to try to buy essential items before you run out and not rush out to supermarkets to stock up.

"If you're down to one piece of toilet paper, you probably should be ordering earlier than that."

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, Hesi said:

I think this piece in the Herald is up there for idiocy Pete

Speaking to Newstalk ZB's Tim Dower today, Auckland University supply chain expert David Robb said we could see toilet paper running out within "a week or so".

Robb said the workforce could be impacted hugely if Omicron gets into workplaces and factories linked to the supply chain - particularly if people need to isolate or stay home longer.

He advised people to try to buy essential items before you run out and not rush out to supermarkets to stock up.

"If you're down to one piece of toilet paper, you probably should be ordering earlier than that."

I can't think of anything less useful, than 1 piece of toilet paper

11 hours ago, pete said:

• Runny nose
  • Headache
  • Fatigue
  • Sore throat
  • Sneezing
  • Persistent cough
  • Hoarse voice
  • Unusual joint pains
  • Chills or shivers
  • Fever
  • Dizzy
  • Eye soreness
  • Brain fog
  • Unusual muscle pains
  • Altered smell
  • Skipped meals
  • Swollen glands
  • Chest pain
  • Earache

More mischievous reporting from the Herald, running an article suggesting people are running Panadol stocks low with this picture.

When Panadol was allowed into Supermarkets the proviso was, that only 1 unit sale could be processed per sale.  This was programmed into the supermarket database, try buying 2, it won't let you buy the second

p.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Gospel Of Judas said:

Seems a few people are failing I.Q test re panic buying. In say that, Trevor Mallard was telling his lefty twitter elite to panic buy so yea...

'Fraid so...went to the supermarket yesterday, to find with some amusement, that the loo paper was down to about three packs on a very empty shelf,  no sugar, flour.....the natives have gone mad, I commented to the checkout guy.  Yep, he said, and it'll get worse.

Max is quietly fuming ..again ..at the ridiculous lunatic behaviour of this manic idiot Labour government.

Anyone else seen the 'new rules' effective from next week for mask wearing at weddings?

You have to keep your mask on except for eating and drinking. ie for taking of photos and dancing etc etc 

To impose this sort of crap on intelligent people is self-defeating, just like the idiotic rule about isolation of close contacts...any self-respecting business owner/manager who wants to stay in business is not going to do the testing.

Here's Max's Common Sense Guide to Omicron Management

• Get the jab/booster asap
  • Ignore the advice of Jacinda and Ashley Doomfield, (the man who commandeered Rapid Antigen Tests off private businesses having previously dismissed them as unimportant) 
  • Take all sensible precautions - hand-washing, mask-wearing, contact tracing and social distancing. We've done this for nearly two years already, so you should know the drill. If you can afford them, dump the blue surgical masks and switch to N95 or similar.
  • Stay away (physically, that is) from people you know who are most vulnerable
  • Keep yourself and your kids away from all events involving large groups and gatherings until after omicron has peaked

Remember, the ONLY reason we have Phase 1 (trying to 'stamp it out', which will not work and they know it) is because of our hopelessly slow vaccination rollout in 2021; had they started it sooner, we'd be 93% booster-jabbed by now. Phase 1 is just to buy time for booster jabs to become effective and get kids' vaccinations progressing.

MM

• Like 2

8 hours ago, barryb said:

What a sad state of affairs this is, when crazy panic sets in, when the rest of the world is getting on with life.

It's mental. Shouldn't be any MIQ, vaccine passports etc. The whole MO is to instill panic and create an environment of fear.

The only bright aspect I can see here is that I have heard from a source that the government is going to scrap MIQ and contact tracing when Omicron reaches high levels. They should have already done it. 

Contact tracing is absurd when the time to identify the contacts is going beyond the time for someone to potentially have dealt with the virus. The system was not particularly useful - and useless under duress situations.

My source had better be on the mark - if the stupidity carries on for a lot longer, I'm off out of the country for 6 months before deciding whether to return.

• Like 1

Well it looks like Jacinda's wedding is off (permanently). He has been caught up in drugs again and wearing an ankle bracelet. Separated from him now. Great choices from someone running our Country. Makes one wonder if she has been "fonged" out on his drug supply. All credibility for this bunch of muppets has long gone.

Quote "this is official inside info, from a credible source"  unquote. For those still with their head in the sand.

35 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Well it looks like Jacinda's wedding is off (permanently). He has been caught up in drugs again and wearing an ankle bracelet. Separated from him now. Great choices from someone running our Country. Makes one wonder if she has been "fonged" out on his drug supply. All credibility for this bunch of muppets has long gone.

Quote "this is official inside info, from a credible source"  unquote. For those still with their head in the sand.

good stuff Globe - Is it as good inside info as mine that says contact tracing is going to end soon?  I prefer mine since what he does has zero impact on the majority of people in NZ.

p.s. I'm not really sure what he has to do with anything, whether your source of info is on the mark or not. If we locked up all those making similar 'great choices', we'd need a lot more prisons.

Just an update Mardi. Probably wont change her Modus Operandi, and certainly wont affect the outcome.

But it does give a certain amount of insight into her own make up. We really expect our politicians to have  at least have some sort of personal integrity and values that reflect the general view of life as it should be.  Now that may be pie in the sky stuff to most as we live in a very secular world of relativity. 

Frankly ( my opinion only)I think she is one of the worst Prime Ministers we have ever had . Sorry Hesi.

Politicians are like that everywhere. Look the world over. Pretty much why I just try to minimise what they do each term personally, and consider who to vote for when the time comes. There isn't much difference from one to the next.

But I'm off to oz in April - even if she changes the rules. Can't be bothered waiting around for her next change.

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

But I'm off to oz in April

Might see you in Melbourne. My son who lives in Sunbury has been trying to get us to move back. My wife is Australian ,and it is very tempting. Vaccination is the elephant in the room. I might try to steal a lift on a Korean  squid boat. :classic_smile:

• Like 1

A little bit of quick modelling - obviously can be affected by any number of things. I estimate NZ could reach around 15,000 cases per day by the 1st of March.

As sad as it might sound to some, and although a lot lower than many have been saying, I would probably prefer the number to be higher - in order to force the governments hand.

I'm looking forward to see how my estimate goes.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

1 Mandates - bad policy, discriminatory and probably illegal

2 Phase 1 'stamp it out ' - doomed to failure but their only way of controlling how quickly omicron spreads. Most sensible people and esp businesses will simply ignore the 'get tested' requirement if you have a runny nose or are a known contact - to avoid a ridiculous 'jail term' in self-isolation of 24 days or more. Max has some confidence that the good intelligent sensible people of middle New Zealand will take appropriate action to ensure they can function adequately.

3 PM's wedding - irrelevant. Interestingly, I heard the same rumour yesterday but with no corroboration. Don't believe everything you hear and only half (or less) of what you read in the media.

4 MIQ  ridiculous system. served its purpose esp in 2020 but still had big gaping holes in it -b thats how Delta caused a 109-day lockdown in Auckland. Still no plans for a dedicated MIQ facility outside Auckland to deal with the next pandemic. MIQ rules/lottery system is patently unfair and stops NZers from seeing their family, honouring their dead, etc etc. All this misery for two years, at horrendous cost, while Ardern preaches the Be Kind mantra. (Max hates hypocrisy, even his own!) The idiot who denied Charlotte Bellis a spot should be sacked.

MM

Edited by Maximus