The Race Place

Spring NPC Super Comp Results Thread

PWJ

Fantastic match today Blues 🥂🍺 Cheers to us all! - thanks for the entertainment and well done on stretching out that neck to get over the line.   Well done Swampsters, we nearly pulled it off and a wonderful effort on a day that was really hard for some to find a dollar so the totals of both teams in our match are something to write home about! 🙃

Thanks Gordy for a fun bout!  too good and too consistent for me today! 🤗

Thanks Peter as always and congrats for Hitotsu - beaut win.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Maximus said:

WOW.. what an amazing finish..perfect finale to Derby Day. Brilliant ride on Cascadian who looked gone for all money at the turn, and Superstorm never looked like he'd get there!

Yes what a difference it makes with Cascadian with J Mac, instead of coming down the outside 7 or 8 wide

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Maximus said:

WOW.. what an amazing finish..perfect finale to Derby Day. Brilliant ride on Cascadian who looked gone for all money at the turn, and Superstorm never looked like he'd get there!

Totally agree Maxi,

Derby Day is still the pinnacle of Spring Racing regardless of the stake money that Sydney put in ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just an exciting week.

• Like 1

Race 10 - Rosehill R7

1st - 2 I'm Thunderstruck W-$3.20    

2nd - 11 Count de Rupee Q-$25.70   

Scr: 19-22

2 FERDIES (4th)

$622.80

0 points

3 CHIEFS (1st)

$760.80

2 points

Ellsberg never yelped for The Ferdies in the last although Heather did snag the quinella to come back and defeat Waikato MVP Stevie (great effort H) taking 'Naki Match Star honours and cut the Chiefs' winning margin to the minimum which may make a big difference at the end of the Final Round. The Chiefs all scored in the last bar Gee with Ian adding a BB. No bonus points were earned.

224.40 Heather

218.40 Stevie N

199.40 PJ

95.00 Punter Pete

25.00 Zac

145.40 Jack

111.00 Maurice

177.00 Ian

63.00 Tom

125.00 Gee

2 SWAMP FOXES (2nd)

$1417.80

1 (halved by Black Adder play) = 0.5 points

3 BLUES# (5th)

$1473.00

3 points

Dramatic finish saw Rees overcome Roland with a BB on the winner but Gordy also snagged a BB to reel in Maria and win it for the Blues. BBs also scored by Geoff, Pete (who just edged the former for Auks MVP) and Man of the Match Robert who bagged an amazing 7 winners on a tough day for many. Captains Howie and Maria were the others to find the Bowman winner. Both sides made it past the team profit mark in the last but the Blues' Black Adder play cut the Swampies' bonus point in half !

252.00 Rees

188.00 Roland

478.80 Robert

364.00 Pete

214.00 Von Smallhausen

361.60 Geoff

308.60 Maria

323.20 Gordy

164.40 Richie

236.20 Howie

1 HIGHLANDERS (3rd)

$804.00

0 points

4 KAURI KATS (8th)

$919.00

3 points

In a match that had already seen a few lead changes, The Kats pulled something out of the bag in the last with Pam bagging a BB to take down Mardy and Sharne doing likewise to Craig with a BB to win it for The Puddys and add a bonus point for the 4-1 margin. Old tom Graeme also found the final winner as id all the Highlanders bar Craig. Mardy was Otago MVP and unlucky to draw Match Star Pam. 

105.00 Rusty

95.00 Graeme

159.00 Happy

213.40 Jen

89.00 Craig

114.00 Sharne

282.00 Mardy

298.60 Pam

166.00 Rex

198.00 Max

0 TURBOS (7th)

$407.60

0 points

5 MAGPIES* (6th)

$1127.80

4 (x 2 Joker play) = 8 points

The Magpies' decision to play the Joker today was an inspired choice as not only had they won it before the last but Hesi bagged a BB at the death to beat Gary and give them a perfect 5-zip scoreline which bagged them 8 points with the Joker play ! In the last Steve landed a BB for the Manawatu while the rest of the 'Pies bar Porky also found the Pride pouncer with Roger adding the quinella and Wrinkles a BB after his afternoon nap ! The Squirrel was Turbos' MVP while Roger was Man of the Match tipping half the card.

0.00 Ziggy

269.00 Wrinkles

217.60 Blind Squirrel

272.40 Rob

64.00 Steve P

322.40 Blazes

50.00 Ray

150.00 Porky

76.00 Gary

114.00 Hesi

* Joker play

# Black Adder play

TABLE after ROUND 6

1st 14.5 CHIEFS* $7531.60

2nd 14 MAGPIES* $6594.20

3rd 11.5 SWAMP FOXES# $6684.20

4th 9.5 BLUES# $6959.40

5th 9 HIGHLANDERS#* $5729.60

6th 8 FERDIES# $5627.20

7th 7 KAURI KATS# $5199.00

8th 5 TURBOS* $5279.20

The table leaders The Chiefs won today to stay on top but their lead is sliced to just half a point following a highly successful Joker play by the Magpies which rocketed them from 6th up to 2nd. Late defeat for the Swamp Foxes saw them drop a place while their conquerors - The Blues - gained one spot. Defeat today for the Highlanders was more costly as they slipped two spots as did the Ferdies who also lost. The Kauri Kats' win got them out of the cellar which now becomes the new abode for the Turbos who lost again today.

Four Jokers to come next week all held among 6 teams that can still win the comp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

STATS

Best Scores
478.80 Robert
364.00 Pete
361.60 Geoff
323.20 Gordy
322.40 Roger

Worst Scores 

64.00 Steve P

63.00 Tom

50.00 Ray

25.00 Zac

0.00 Ziggy

Most Wins

7 Robert

6 Pete

5 Geoff, Howie, Gordy, Mardy, Rob, Roger

Most Quinellas
2 Roger

2 Maria

2 Geoff

Biggest Winning Margin
269.00 Wrinkles
0.00 Ziggy

Narrowest Winning Margin
224.40 Heather (again !)

218.40 Stevie N

Highest Losing Score
364.00 Pete

Lowest Winning Score
105.00 Rusty

31 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Fantastic match today Blues 🥂🍺 Cheers to us all! - thanks for the entertainment and well done on stretching out that neck to get over the line.   Well done Swampsters, we nearly pulled it off and a wonderful effort on a day that was really hard for some to find a dollar so the totals of both teams in our match are something to write home about! 🙃

Thanks Gordy for a fun bout!  too good and too consistent for me today! 🤗

Thanks Peter as always and congrats for Hitotsu - beaut win.

Thanks, Maria. Yes for sure, an absorbing high-scoring match that swung this way and that, throughout. It was a shame that both teams couldn't be winners today ...fortunately for us Blues we very narrowly got our beaks in front in the very last ...and then had the cheek to deny you Swampsters the full benefit of your Team Profit through our Black Adder play !  Sorry 'bout dat ! 😧  Well done my Blues guys, the BB King Geoff, the almost unbeaten Pete with his $364 contribution into the kitty, Gordy showing great tenacity to just get up and trump Maria in the last for the crucial individual victory, and Roland only just nutted out in the last after matching Rees all day.
For us Blues, now on to our Joker play in the final round against the Turbos to reap a 10-point haul and be crowned PJ Spring Comp Champions for 2021 ! Well that's the way I've dreamt it, anyway. 😄.
Now to turn the dream to reality ...... 🙂  

• Like 5

and now it's crunch time....

FINAL ROUND DRAW - Sat Nov 6

Meetings will be: Riccarton, Flemington & (possibly) Rosehill

SWAMP FOXES* (3rd) vs CHIEFS# (1st)

Robert v Stevie N

Maria v Ian

Von Smallhausen v Punter Pete

Richie v Jack

Rees v Gee

HIGHLANDERS (5th) vs MAGPIES# (2nd)

Rusty v Wrinkles

Happy v Roger

Rex v Porky

Mardy v Rob

Craig v Hesi

TURBOS# (8th) vs BLUES* (4th)

Blind Squirrel v Pete

Ray v Gordy

Ziggy v Howie

Steve P v Roland

Gary v Geoff

FERDIES* (6th) vs KAURI KATS* (7th)

PJ v Max

Zac v Graeme

Tom v Sharne

Maurice v Pam

Heather v Jen

Thanks for the match Turbos

Nicely played Magpies, almost the perfect result, which brings me to a small matter.

I'm happy to have 2 points deducted from our score

Rob was otherwise detained, so I was forced to post for him with 8 mins still to go in the 30 min grace period.  A couple of minutes after that, he sent me his pics, but it was too late, as I had already posted, so as per the rules PJ was obliged to take the first pics(mine).  

This resulted in a win over the Squirrel, as Robs original picks would have seen a loss to him

This is not the reason however, that we should be deducted 2 points

When I did Rob's picks in a hurry, it was after R1 at Awapuni, so I had the benefit of seeing a track downgrade from D5 to S7, which may have given me an advantage in doing the picks for him for the 4 races at Awapuni, not sure I would have picked Frontman for him on a D5 track.

Sorry, just realised Frontman was at Tauranga

Your overall call PJ

11 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Nicely played Magpies, almost the perfect result, which brings me to a small matter.

Rob was otherwise detained, so I was forced to post for him with 8 mins still to go in the 30 min grace period.  A couple of minutes after that, he sent me his pics, but it was too late, as I had already posted, so as per the rules PJ was obliged to take the first pics(mine).  

This resulted in a win over the Squirrel, as Robs original picks would have seen a loss to him

When I did Rob's picks in a hurry, it was after R1 at Awapuni, so I had the benefit of seeing a track downgrade from D5 to S7, which may have given me an advantage in doing the picks for him for the 4 races at Awapuni, not sure I would have picked Frontman for him on a D5 track.

Your overall call PJ

Just checking the Awapuni selections I put in for Rob and the only one that scored points was House Of Cartier, which I would have put in anyway, regardless of D5 or S7

36 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Your overall call PJ

I took the call, as always, too accept the first selections in this situation, so no change. Good sportsmanship though

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dancing Show said:

Looks like it's going to be Captain versus Captain next week Ian...   looking forward to it 🥂👍

Yeah looking forward to it Maria, Wellingtonian v Wellingtonian Hamiltonian v Hamiltonian, Swampies with a Joker,put it this way a successful Joker play will go along way to securing the Swamp Foxes the Spring Championship, and if you get beat, you can take comfort knowing you’re a Chief at heart all the best 🙂🤙

• Like 1