The Race Place

Market for Summer Draft Comp

Hesi

5/1 Off n'Gone  Could well be called The Mob, but unless you want a horse's head in the bed, a bit of respect for these fellas.  The old triumvirate of Ian, Stevie and Zig.  They all drink out of the same glass, go on holiday together.  A formidable selection trio.  Won the Spring Comp easily as the Chiefs(Ian and Stevie).  Joined by Rees(does he also drink from the same glass) who finished top points scorer in the Winter Draft Comp, but was not snapped up until late in this draft.  Newcomer Secret Squirrel, who gets quite a few nuts.
Definite faves and should be hard to head off

Work in progress

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Hesi said:

5/1 Off n'Gone  Could well be called The Mob,

The Dunn trained horse 'Off n Gone' seems to have lost all form lately. ? starting 15-1 unplaced in the Spring. A bad Omen for The Mob?

The kangaroos also hang around in 'Mobs' and even get culled eventually, if their numbers get too high , and then they start to linger near the galloping tracks, trying to get a nibble of the prized turf grass or pick a equine winner ..... shot on sight if unlucky. 

• Haha 3

5/1 Off n'Gone  Could well be called The Mob, but unless you want a horse's head in the bed, a bit of respect for these fellas.  The old triumvirate of Ian, Stevie and Zig.  They all drink out of the same glass, go on holiday together.  A formidable selection trio.  Won the Spring Comp easily as the Chiefs(Ian and Stevie).  Joined by Rees(does he also drink from the same glass) who finished top points scorer in the Winter Draft Comp, but was not snapped up until late in this draft.  Newcomer Secret Squirrel, who gets quite a few nuts.
Definite faves and should be hard to head off

8/1 Surf n'Turf  Strange name, sounds like a Beach Boys song.  The astute Raymondo in charge, with the plodder(Geoff), being first draft pick, now relegated to an also ran under the weight of the poison chalice.  Never mind the solid middle of Graeme(brown fox, another furry animal, the comp is being overtaken by them).  Gospel always has a lot to say, which is good, but talk doesn't win you these comps.  Finally the enigma that is Gee(Zabeel),  Can almost win a comp on his own.  Turned around his Imperial air force days, with 3 fine high scoring comps, yet still last pick in the draft!!!!
A lot of question marks about this team, but a top 4 finish is on the cards

10/1 Grim Reapers  The Dream Team, that hopefully won't turn into a nightmare.  A rejuvenated PJ, ecstatic at being chosen to play for the scythe swingers, knows more about Aus racing than anyone in the comp.  Hesi, unbeaten in the Spring NPC comp, say no more.  2 hidden talents, astute punters, new kids on the block, in Tonkatime and Smiler, ready to blow the comp wide open.  And of course Roland(Sir Castleton), key member of the Roughnecks, who blew the opposition away in the Winter Draft comp
Great value at 10's and should win with the line up

25/1 Wurzels(not allowed to call them the Worzel Gummidges).  Captain Pete and Jakey Boy.  Word is they live close to each other so will be spending Sat mornings, pawing over form guides.  The M&M's, Midnight Caller and Maurice(Moz), both sweet and colourful, but can suck you in on any given day.  And last but not least, the lovely Sharne, she is going to have to hold this team together if the boys falter
A second half of the field finish, as they probably don't have the firepower to trouble some of the other line ups

25/1 Hot Baches  Straight out of Westside Story, TRP brings you the lovely Maria.  She can sing and dance, but it ain't gonna win her this comp.  Steve Paul is their ace, but just might double fault, the Squirrel is blind so will be struggling to find too many nuts, Pam(Piccadilly) could save them, but in the end it will be Happy clapping and singing.  Hi ho hi ho, it's off to second last we go.  What a bache

30/1 Yahabeebe Poor captain Howie, looks lost here, where are all those Blues players to make him look good.  Wrinkles is there, the highest scorer in the Spring NPC, the Robber(Rob) can doosit, along with perennial good performers like Richie and Heather.  Gonna take an almighty effort Howard to win this one, a second half of the field finish also

50/1 Max Factor The made up team.  Maxi on his day can beat anyone, but seems under the weather with his pre-occupations with other things.  Robert, Gary and Punter Pete, all hardcore players that can deliver you a nasty beating.  Trotslover, the new kid in town may out pace them all.
All the botox in the world is not going to stiffen the resolve of this team.  I have them as last finisher, if they finish at all 

20/1 Aybees Craig has assembled a fine team of cart pullers, but will they know anything about the sport of kings.  Why do I keep on thinking that Lightning will be the Tim Paine of this comp, yapping away behind the stumps.  Time to deliver.  A Jack rabbit and a Harewood, not more furry animals, time to reach for the 1080.  Tom, we all know how good you are, you might have to carry this team on your own I'm afraid.  Will be running on at the finish, but will it be in the right direction

20/1 Grey Way Good old Rex will have this team training on morphine IV drips, so they won't even know what day it is, will they even turn up, maybe stroll along the following Wed.  Dino was a star in the Winter Draft, Buller is new so unknown at the distance, Gordy is a star also, but without the famous brothers to goad his ego, he is likely to fall to bits in classic West Auckland style.  And last but not least, the lovely Jen, the heart breaker, you can be a 1000 points ahead going into the last, and she will finish over you.  Could be the surprise package, if they can kick the habit, but save your money for the more fancied runners

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Top effort, Hesi, very well done. You're the master at this !
Fair to say that team Yahabeebe see ourselves as a Group 1 status team racing against R65 performers, whereas your prediction Hesi indicates the direct opposite ! 😊.
We'll see who's closer to the mark as the finish line beckons. ☺️.
Certainly this Yahabeebe lineup Heather, Rob, Wrinkles,and Richie is as good a lineup as any I've been associated with over the many years ... so let the games begin !
And just to help my own cause along, I'll ask the plodder if he can message me his Best Bets each Saturday morning. I promise I won't tell his Captain Raymondo. I don't want the plodder falling out with his hierarchy early on in proceedings.
Is Max here yet ? 😀

• Like 2

Never fear, Max is here  ...scratching the Mustelidian bonce on account of Hesi's hilarious and wildly wacky Market Appraisal.
50-1 indeed.

Botox ? The MAXFAX don't lower ourselves to injections of pig fat, for gawd's sake ...ewwww .....we tart ourselves up on Race Day with worthy, kosher, bona fide Max Factor products only, We are then ready to dazzle fellow racegoers (incl opposition teams) with winning style, panache, glamorous good looks and a healthy helping of MOET, the ultimate accessory.

if they finish at all ...hrrmmpphh..  we're ready to rock ...to Lipfinity and beyond!

MM

lipfinity.jpg

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Hesi said:

20/1 Aybees Craig has assembled a fine team of cart pullers, but will they know anything about the sport of kings.  Why do I keep on thinking that Lightning will be the Tim Paine of this comp, yapping away behind the stumps.  Time to deliver.  A Jack rabbit and a Harewood, not more furry animals, time to reach for the 1080.

Brilliant market commentary above Hesi, very well done !!   But Be WARNE(d) !! The AYBEE's are BORDERing on taking the TEST of the summer comp with-in '5 days'.

Not being a 'ONE-DAY' wonder, Craigos has Tom and Jack ready for WAUGH (war) against the 'Grim' opposition this week. and Harewood is a BOON to the side.

Lightning BLEW(ETT) could well be a PAINE  in the side of Craigos,  as is likely to get 'BOWLED OUT' and blow-it, to the mighty Reaper 'PJ' first up at 'Opening Bat".

Hesi could show his  BLACK-CAPS form ?? and struggle against the AYBEE"S thinking it's going like the 1st Bangladesh Cricket Test all over again?. 

Good Luck to all Teams in the Comp !!!  and Happy PONTING to All !!! ( you know I mean punting )

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Hesi said:

5/1 Off n'Gone  

8/1 Surf n'Turf  

10/1 Grim Reapers  

25/1 Wurzels

25/1 Hot Baches  

30/1 Yahabeebe 

50/1 Max Factor 

20/1 Aybees 

20/1 Grey Way 

Cheers Hesi. Nice market.

Could I have the following please

$1665 on 5/1 Off n'Gone 

$1110 on 8/1 Surf n'Turf  

$910 on 10/1 Grim Reapers   

$385 on 25/1 Wurzels 

$385 on 25/1 Hot Baches  

$320 on 30/1 Yahabeebe 

$200 on 50/1 Max Factor 

$475 on 20/1 Aybees 

$475  on 20/1 Grey Way 

Cheers

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Cheers Hesi. Nice market.

Could I have the following please

$1665 on 5/1 Off n'Gone 

$1110 on 8/1 Surf n'Turf  

$910 on 10/1 Grim Reapers   

$385 on 25/1 Wurzels 

$385 on 25/1 Hot Baches  

$320 on 30/1 Yahabeebe 

$200 on 50/1 Max Factor 

$475 on 20/1 Aybees 

$475  on 20/1 Grey Way 

Cheers

I didn't calculate what percentage it was, so reserve the right to adjust before accepting any bets

• Haha 2

To any newbies, Gee flying for the Imperial air force, is an in house joke, started by one of the wags here.  Can't recall who, but it is very clever.

It refers to the Japanese Imperial air force whose main fighter plane was the Zero.  For many years, Gee used to regularly come in last with 'zero', but in the last few comps, he has metamorphosised, to be now regularly being in the top handful of scorers.  But the stigma remains, which is probably why he was last pick

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hesi said:

To any newbies, Gee flying for the Imperial air force, is an in house joke, started by one of the wags here.  Can't recall who, but it is very clever.

It refers to the Japanese Imperial air force whose main fighter plain was the Zero.  For many years, Gee used to regularly come in last with 'zero', but in the last few comps, he has metamorphosised, to be now regularly being in the top handful of scorers.  But the stigma remains, which is probably why he was last pick

I think it was Rees.

6 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

Brilliant market commentary above Hesi, very well done !!   But Be WARNE(d) !! The AYBEE's are BORDERing on taking the TEST of the summer comp with-in '5 days'.

Not being a 'ONE-DAY' wonder, Craigos has Tom and Jack ready for WAUGH (war) against the 'Grim' opposition this week. and Harewood is a BOON to the side.

Lightning BLEW(ETT) could well be a PAINE  in the side of Craigos,  as is likely to get 'BOWLED OUT' and blow-it, to the mighty Reaper 'PJ' first up at 'Opening Bat".

Hesi could show his  BLACK-CAPS form ?? and struggle against the AYBEE"S thinking it's going like the 1st Bangladesh Cricket Test all over again?. 

Good Luck to all Teams in the Comp !!!  and Happy PONTING to All !!! ( you know I mean punting )

Hi LB.

Do you think your team will go down to the CHAPPELL on Saturday mornings to seek divine help, as I think you could HUGHES some outside assistance, or your could end up in the MARSH, at the end of the day?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Double R said:

Hi LB.

Do you think your team will go down to the CHAPPELL on Saturday mornings to seek divine help, as I think you could HUGHES some outside assistance, or your could end up in the MARSH, at the end of the day?

I think the Aybees may be getting the Bumrah(sh) on Saturday from the Reapers

• Like 1