2nd - 9 Threeandfourpence Q-$43.80  

Scr: 2,5,10,12

3 MAX FACTORS (6th)

$857.40

2 points

2 OFFNGONE (2nd)

$570.00

0 points

Pale King couldn't pull off the team coup in the last for Offngone but they did deny the Maxis a bonus point for a 4-1 margin when Stevie bagged a BB on the Hayes winner to get him home ahead of Punter Pete. Robert (with a BB), Punter Pete and Trotslover completed the scoring for the Max Factors. No bonus points were earned. Offngone's Rees was Man of the Match while his opponent Trotslover was Maxi MVP.

151 Gary
67 Ziggy

218.80 Trotslover

227 Rees

156 Robert

74 Secret Squirrel

151.60 Punter Pete

156 Stevie N

180 Max

46 Ian

1 GRIM REAPERS (3rd)

$1089.20

0 points

4 SURF N TURF (5th)

$1160.60

4 points

Pale King was never paying enough to get the Reapers home although they finished strongly with all but Tonka on the winner while BBs were added by Roland and Hesi to leave them just $11 shy of a team profit bonus. Man of the Match Gospel of Judas (with a BB) and Graeme rounded out the Surf N Turf scoring with Judas getting up to pip Tonka and earn a bonus point for the team's 4-1 margin in addition to another for securing a team profit in the last. Tonkatime was the Grim Reapers MVP.

311.40 Hesi

94.80 Geoff

261 Roland

355 Gee

111.80 Smiler

238.40 Graeme

323 Tonkatime 

376 Gospel of Judas

82 PJ

96.40 Ray

2 YAHABEBEES* (4th)

$668.20

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

3 HOT BACHES (7th)

$766.40

2 points

The Hot Baches turned the match around in the last with Steve bagging a BB to run down Richie and win it for the Baches for whom Blind Squirrel (also a BB) and Happy completed the scoring, denying the Yabbies a successful Joker play. All the Yahabebees bar Wrinkles replied with Rob bagging a BB. Captain Howie was Man of the Match while Blind Squirrel was Baches MVP. No bonus points were earned.

131.60 Heather

100.80 Happy Sunrise

28 Wrinkles

104 Maria

90 Rob

299.60 Blind Squirrel

113.60 Richie

138 Steve P

305 Howie

124 Pam

4 WURZELS* (9th)

$989.40

3 (x 2 Joker play) = 6 points

1 GREY WAYS (8th)

$782.20

0 points

MR AYBEES (1st)

$527.00

0 points

The Wurzels caused a sensation in the last where other than Pete, they all scored but it was best bets for both Jakey and Sharne saw them get up to nail Buller Rep and Gordy respectively to not just wrest the match from the Grey Ways but add a bonus point for a 4-1 margin, all points then doubled with the successful Joker play. Grey Ways MVP Captain Rex plus Dino earned the last dollars for the Grey Ways who fought hard but to no avail. Midnight Caller with an impressive 6 winners was Man of the Match. Tom, Harewood and LB all bagged BBs for the Mr Aybees in the last but it was too little to late to catch the other teams' aggregate.

156 Jakey Boy

146.80 Buller Rep

254.80 Maurice

191 Jen

56 Pete

212 Dino

129.80 Sharne

75.80 Gordy

392.80 Midnight Caller

262.60 Rex

90 Lightning Blue

138 Tom

100 Harewood

0 Craig

199 Jack

* Joker play

TABLE after ROUND 4

Surf N Turf's win today replete with team profit (and the best team score for the day) saw them rocket to the top of the table - well done people ! The Mr Aybees suffered a bye round which yielded nothing but slipped only one spot to 2nd. A bottle neck is appearing behind them headed by Offngone who lost a place in defeat, likewise the Grim Reapers and Yahabebees. The Max Factors won but still hold station in 6th while the Wurzels climbed out of the cellar with a last gasp Joker-fuelled win taking them up two spots. The Hot Baches finally won but lost a spot (!!??) while the Grey Ways had the key to the cellar handed back to them by the Wurzels. Not quite halfway and really anyone could win this.  

1st 10 pts Surf N Turf $4306.00

2nd 8 pts Mr Aybees $4942.20

3rd 8 pts Offngone $4823.80

4th 6 pts Grim Reapers $5073.00

5th 6 pts Yahabebees* $3933.20

6th 6 pts Max Factors(J) $3683.00

7th 6 pts Wurzels* $3233.20 

8th 4 pt Hot Baches $4362.60

9th 1 pts Grey Ways $3362.00

STATS

Best Scores
392.80 Midnight Caller
376.00 Gospel of Judas
355.00 Gee
323.00 Tonkatime
311.40 Hesi

Worst Scores 

67.00 Ziggy

56.00 Pete

46.00 Ian

28.00 Wrinkles

0 Craig

Most Wins

6 Midnight Caller

5 Hesi

5 Maurice

Most Quinellas
2 Blind Squirrel

Biggest Winning Margin
311.40 Hesi
94.80 Geoff (again !)

Narrowest Winning Margin
156.00 Stevie N

151.60 Punter Pete

Highest Losing Score
323.00 Tonkatime

Lowest Winning Score
96.40 Ray

Very well done, Maria and the Hot Baches.
Too strong today ! A thoroughly deserved victory.
It was a poor day at the office for the Yahabeebes .... and I was somewhat surprised to see us leading into the last after being behind almost the entire day.
So our Joker has gone down the gurgler, meaning we're gonna have to play out of our skins from hereon in to pull off a win in this comp. 
But we've got a strong lineup, and we will come again for sure, so don't get too complacent you other miscellaneous line-ups ! 😊.
Cheers for another very entertaining comp day, PJ.
Always compelling.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks. 🙂

• Like 6

Just now, PWJ said:

Biggest Winning Margin
311.40 Hesi
94.80 Geoff (again !)

What's this ! 
Geoff's not been the same since he absconded to a miscellaneous rival lineup.
Will the red carpet be rolled out next draft comp for the prodigal brother wanting to return to where he does best ?
We'll just have to see. ☺️

• Haha 3

Hey Rex,, if you want to share the key to the cellar.. we are great drinking mates 😉 as long as you have sky 62/63 hooked up in the cellar 🙂

Howie and the Yahabebees 🙂 it was a great match, down to the wire, perhaps Rob should have gone to SpecSavers as sometimes what you can see, is distorted.... but in the end it would have been a very longsighted wo/man that would have picked it.. and it was a beaut day's rivalry 🙂  🥂 we'll toss you a few bottles of Boll once I get that key from Rex 🙂 

My hot baches...  fantastic dollar total and still a Joker to play, good stuff 🙂 and priming well team 🙂  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TooFast said:

Very well done, Maria and the Hot Baches.
Too strong today ! A thoroughly deserved victory.
It was a poor day at the office for the Yahabeebes .... and I was somewhat surprised to see us leading into the last after being behind almost the entire day.
So our Joker has gone down the gurgler, meaning we're gonna have to play out of our skins from hereon in to pull off a win in this comp. 
But we've got a strong lineup, and we will come again for sure, so don't get too complacent you other miscellaneous line-ups ! 😊.
Cheers for another very entertaining comp day, PJ.
Always compelling.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, folks. 🙂

Actually Howie we only beaten by a scratching replacement on a Best bet race.Was as close as we could get really

• Like 1

ROUND 5 Draw Sat Feb 12

Meetings will be Te Rapa, Caulfield & Randwick

WURZELS (7th) vs SURF N TURF (1st) 

Midnight Caller v Ray

Maurice v Gospel of Judas

Sharne v Graeme

Pete v Geoff

Jakey Boy v Gee

GRIM REAPERS (4th) vs YAHABEBEES (5th) 

Roland v Howie

Hesi v Heather

Smiler v Rob

Tonkatime v Wrinkles

PJ v Richie

MR AYBEES (2nd) vs GREY WAYS (9th)

Harewood v Gordy

Tom v Dino

Craig v Jen

Lightning Blue v Rex

Jack v Buller Rep

MAX FACTORS (6th) vs HOT BACHES (8th)

Robert v Blind Squirrel

Punter Pete v Maria

Trotslover v Steve P

Max v Pam

Gary v Happy Sunrise

BYE - OFFNGONE (3rd)

Ziggy

Rees

Ian

Secret Squirrel

Stevie N

Thanks Hesi and the Reapers. A titanic battle to the end. Against a top side as well. Good luck for the rest of the comp. 👍

Well done SNT. Another top all round team performance. Graeme has become our anchor man, King Gee is becoming Mr Consistency (yes really!) and newcomer GOJ is starting to find his straps.

Keep your head up Geoff. The curse of the first pick is a tough burden to carry. Most have fallen but you wont. I believe that you're drawing all  that negative energy away from the rest of us. While you're out there on the frontline taking those shots, the rest of us have been able to sneak in behind the lines and empty the cookie jar. Because of you Lady luck has  been able to smile upon us.

How else does Pale King become a certainty beaten and as a consequence prevent 3 of the teams above us from going further ahead? On what planet do I defeat my long time nemesis PJ with chump change? 

Yes Its an unheralded role Geoff but crucial to our team dynamics. Team Surf N Turf salutes you. 🙏  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Thanks OffnGone for a great tussle today. We lowered yer colours but didn't snaffle any bonus points (again). Shame about NP abandonment...and Max is wonderin' why no other teams are using the Jeopardy Chip ..today woulda been a good one with only 8 races...which begs the question, PJ...if a Jeopardy Chip is played on a day like today does the threshhold change from $1000 ??

PJ I think Max had $100 worth  at odds of 12-1 to topple Ian. so PM me and I'll give you my bank a/c number.

MM

😧

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Maximus said:

Thanks OffnGone for a great tussle today. We lowered yer colours but didn't snaffle any bonus points (again). Shame about NP abandonment...and Max is wonderin' why no other teams are using the Jeopardy Chip ..today woulda been a good one with only 8 races...which begs the question, PJ...if a Jeopardy Chip is played on a day like today does the threshhold change from $1000 ??

PJ I think Max had $100 worth  at odds of 12-1 to topple Ian. so PM me and I'll give you my bank a/c number.

MM

😧

Yes Max the Jeopardy chip threshold would drop to $800

1 hour ago, sharne said:

Wow I got a win sorry Gordy much needed started to get worried I had gone off the boil next I am up against the old fox could be interesting even though he's a cat my claws are still out

Well done Sharne, I have been nabbed in the last race more than once this year.

I didn’t help my chances by posting before all the Aussie scratchings came through and then going out for the day. Thanks to Rex for posting subs for me. 
Hoping that me and the Grey Way team turn things around next week.

• Like 3

Round 5 - Saturday Feb 12

Race 1 - Te Rapa R3

1st - 7 Maven Belle W-$1.80 

2nd - 9 Val di Zoldo Q-$13.10  

Scr: 4

3 WURZELS (7th) 72.00

1 SURF N TURF (1st) 18.00

Top seed Geoff gets Surf N Turf underway but replies from Jakey (with a BB), Sharne and Maurice ensure an early handy lead for the Wurzels

0 Midnight Caller

0 Ray

18 Maurice

0 Gospel of Judas

18 Sharne

0 Graeme

0 Pete

18 Geoff

36 Jakey Boy

0 Gee

2 GRIM REAPERS (4th) 98.20

2 YAHABEBEES (5th) 98.20

Looks like it's going to be a close one as only wuffie kings Roland and Wrinkles avoid the winning hot fave while Rob and PJ added the quinella. All square after one.

0 Roland

18 Howie

18 Hesi

18 Heather

18 Smiler

44.20 Rob

18 Tonkatime

0 Wrinkles

44.20 PJ

18 Richie

MR AYBEES* (2nd) 98.20

GREY WAYS (9th) 18.00

BYE - OFFNGONE (3rd) 72.00

Dino gets the Grey Ways off the mark but all the Mr Aybees bar Craig reply with Harewood adding the quinella as they shoot 3-zip clear brandishing their Joker. All the Offngones bar Zig find the Richards ripper and they lie 2nd on aggregate as a result.

44.20 Harewood

0 Gordy

18 Tom

18 Dino

0 Craig

0 Jen

18 Lightning Blue

0 Rex

18 Jack

0 Buller Rep

0 Ziggy

18 Rees

18 Ian

18 Secret Squirrel

18 Stevie N

3 MAX FACTORS (6th) 72.00

1 HOT BACHES (8th) 44.20

The myopic Squirrel snags the first quinella to get The Hot Baches out of bed but all the Max Factors bar Max reply giving them a handy lead after one.

18 Robert

44.20 Blind Squirrel

18 Punter Pete

0 Maria

18 Trotslover

0 Steve P

0 Max

0 Pam

18 Gary

0 Happy Sunrise

* Joker play

Mr Aybees* helped by Joey's Gift, Stylish Suggestion or Zoulander 

Grey Ways pull one back with Highlighter, Tiffen, Go You Good Thing, Verstappen or Ridgeview Chief, pull two back with Zeitaku and draw level with Miss Cartier

Offngone favour Zeitaku x 4, Verstappen x 3, Miss Cartier x 2, Kirra Lad x 2, Highlighter