The Race Place

Spring NPC Super Comp Results thread

PWJ

13 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

It looks like Bathurst car races will be washed out and wet. Might be the same down your way. 

My brother's at Bathurst and he said it was pissing down when they arrived and pretty muddy up the mount but they're hoping it clears for Sunday as the forecast is a bit better.   They have a helicopter ride booked over the track so not sure how comfortable that'll be 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dancing Show said:

My brother's at Bathurst and he said it was pissing down when they arrived and pretty muddy up the mount but they're hoping it clears for Sunday as the forecast is a bit better

A very hopeful prediction , but alas,  a huge rain event is hitting NSW this weekend Sat and Sun, with 100% rain through Sydney and it's west areas. Big chance the Silver Eagle might be postponed from PJ's comp I think. It is gunna be treacherous. (Randwick races and Bathurst cars)  The Cars at Bathurst will be madness and charging about at 100s of kph probably not smart in these conditions. 

30 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

A very hopeful prediction , but alas,  a huge rain event is hitting NSW this weekend Sat and Sun, with 100% rain through Sydney and it's west areas. Big chance the Silver Eagle might be postponed from PJ's comp I think. It is gunna be treacherous. (Randwick races and Bathurst cars)  The Cars at Bathurst will be madness and charging about at 100s of kph probably not smart in these conditions. 

Drove around Bathurst again 3 weeks ago. Amazing as ever ! Love the race. Go Shane !

• Like 2

Round 5 Preview

Starting to get to the squeaky bum end of the comp now and if you are 5 points or more away from a Finals berth - looking at you HB, Otago & Auckland - then tomorrow has to be a "must win".

At the top the Chiefs and Kauri Kats, both coming off successful Triple Joker plays, are two very in-form teams and meet head on. My money is on the Waikato lads with the Gee/Jen clash an intriguing prospect.

The Ferdies have 3 points on their opponents - The Turbos - but a vastly inferior aggregate. I think the 'Naki crew will face a Triple Joker barrage for sure. World War Z (Zac v Ziggy) will have plenty of interest....

The stars of the past fortnight - The Swamp Foxes - take on the out-of-sorts Blues in the Battle of Maramarua. Magnificent Seven leader Maria takes on "tail-end Charlie" Gordy but the Jaffa Captain is due to bounce back while the Rees v Roland clash looks a ripper. Might be a closer match than form suggests.

Now we come to the dog-eat-dog street fight of the Magpies and Highlanders with just a point separating them. This could get ugly and I'm expecting Jokers to come flying from all points of the compass. I'm tipping Otago to come good and mount a late run at the leaders.

No one is unbeaten after just 4 rounds but Hesi - an Unfortunate Five resident - is looking to break his duck or some other small animal, perhaps a Squirrel !

• Haha 4

This would have to be my worst ever performance in a team’s competition ever. 8 winners from 40 races and just about all of them warm or hot favourites. Nothing is going right. Even tomorrow, I am up against Maria, how cruel is that.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Gordy said:

This would have to be my worst ever performance in a team’s competition ever. 8 winners from 40 races and just about all of them warm or hot favourites. Nothing is going right. Even tomorrow, I am up against Maria, how cruel is that.

Awww hang in there Gordy, you might do better than you think 🙂  You have a good record against me, I don't think I've managed to snaffle many wins over the years 🙂 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Dancing Show said:

Awww hang in there Gordy, you might do better than you think 🙂  You have a good record against me, I don't think I've managed to snaffle many wins over the years 🙂 

Blues 100/1 and drifting. I think I've lost the dressing room.

• Haha 5

Round 5 - Sat Oct 8 (have I missed any other Jokers ??)

Race 1 - Matamata R4

1st - 1 Challa W-$12.30

2nd - 14 Fashion Shoot Q-$28.30

Scr: 2,6,10,13,18,20

2 Chiefs (1st) 425.60

0 Kauri Kats (4th) 123.00

Max gets the Kats underway but the Chiefs start strongly with Tassie snagging the quinella while Gee & LB also found the Te Akau winner to seize a nice lead.

0 Jack

0 Graeme

123 Lightning Blue

123 Max

179.60 Tassie Tiger

0 Pam

0 Robert

0 Sharne

123 Gee

0 Jen

1 Ferdies (3rd) 123.00

1 Turbos*** (5th) 246.00

Ray bags a BB to get the Turbos on the board while only Maurice replies for the 'Naki crew so all square after one.

0 PJ

0 Gary

0 Heather

246 Ray

0 Zac

0 Ziggy

123 Maurice

0 Blind Squirrel

0 Tom

0 Steve P

0 Swamp Foxes (2nd) 0.00

1 Blues* (8th) 123.00

The high-flying Swampies all miss in the first as Smiler hands the Joker-playing Blues the early advantage.

0 Our Maizcay

0 Moose

0 Rees

0 Roland

0 Jamison

0 Pete

0 Maria

0 Gordy

0 Punter Pete

123 Smiler

1 Magpies (6th) 246.00

0 Highlanders (7th) 123.00

The Hannan winner found only by opponents Hesi and Secret Squirrel but the latter's BB gives the 'Pies an early lead.

246 Secret Squirrel

123 Hesi

0 Ian

0 Midnight Caller

0 Jason

0 Rob

0 Richie

0 Craig

0 Stevie N

0 Rex

Ferdies go ahead with Accidental Tourist, Dynastic or Pier

Turbos*** go ahead with Desert Lightning

Swamp Foxes seize the lead with Best Seller and seize a 5-zip lead with Accidental Tourist (!!)

Blues* go further ahead with Dynastic, Mr Mojo Risin', Channel Surfer or Leedox and go 4-1 clear with Pier

Chiefs go further ahead with Desert Lightning while Leedox or Andalus help

Kauri Kats pull one back with Dynastic or Pier while Best Seller helps

Magpies go 3-zip clear with Pier and go 4-zip clear with Dynastic

Highlanders draw level with Mr Mojo Risin' and seize a 3-1 lead with Best Seller

Round 5 - Sat Oct 8

Race 2 - Matamata R6

1st - 2 Pier W-$6.70

2nd - 7 Mr Mojo Risin' Q-$40.20

Scr: 10

2 Chiefs (1st) 425.60

1 Kauri Kats (4th) 257.00

The Chiefs draw a blank as Jen and Graeme find the local winner and with the latter now ahead of jack the Kats cut their deficit to the minimum.

0 Jack

67 Graeme

123 Lightning Blue

123 Max

179.60 Tassie Tiger

0 Pam

0 Robert

0 Sharne

123 Gee

67 Jen

3 Ferdies (3rd) 458.00

2 Turbos*** (5th) 447.00

Steve, Zig and The Squirrel find the Proisir winner for the Turbos while the Ferdies reply with BBs for Zac and PJ with Maurice going back-to-back. Steve now leads Tom but new personal leads for PJ and Zac see the 'Naki crew edge ahead.

134 PJ

0 Gary

0 Heather

246 Ray

134 Zac

67 Ziggy

190 Maurice

67 Blind Squirrel

0 Tom

67 Steve P

1 Swamp Foxes (2nd) 67.00

4 Blues* (8th) 471.40

Rees gets the high-flying Swampies off the mark but all the Jaffas bar Roland reply with Gordy adding the quinella to now lead Maria. Rees is now ahead of Roland but Pete and Moose assume personal leads to give the Blues a big advantage.

0 Our Maizcay

67 Moose

67 Rees

0 Roland

0 Jamison

67 Pete

0 Maria

147.40 Gordy

0 Punter Pete

190 Smiler

3 Magpies (6th) 648.00

0 Highlanders (7th) 324.00

The McNab winner tipped by all bar Otago duo Rob & Rex with Stevie N adding a BB to lead Rex. Jase also now ahead of Rob to triple the Magpies' lead.

313 Secret Squirrel

190 Hesi

67 Ian

67 Midnight Caller

67 Jason

0 Rob

67 Richie

67 Craig

134 Stevie N

0 Rex

Ferdies go further ahead with Macushla while White Noise, Perfect Scenario or The Mayor help

Turbos*** seize the lead with Paisley Park (must pay $12.40+ or Belle en Rouge complete the Q) or Joe's Legacy while Cherry Lane or Belle en Rouge help

Magpies go further ahead with White Noise and go 5-zip clear with Perfect Scenario while Amusez Moi, Joe's Legacy or Belle en Rouge help

Highlanders pull one back with Crystallize or Red Hussar and pull two back with Cherry Lane, Macushla or Paisley Park  (seize the lead if it pays $13.50+ or White Noise completes the Q)

Swamp Foxes pull one back with Perfect Scenario or Belle en Rouge while Cherry Lane helps

Blues* go 5-zip clear with Super Sid while Markus Aurelius, White Noise or Amusez Moi help

Chiefs go further ahead with Perfect Scenario or Chevron while Belle en Rouge, Crystallize or Cherry Lane help

Kauri Kats seize the lead with Markus Aurelius or White Noise while Amusez Moi or Paisley Park help (incomplete)

Round 5 - Sat Oct 8

Race 3 - Matamata R7

1st - 8 Paisley Park W-$18.90

2nd= - 3 Markus Aurelius Q-$58.60

2nd= - 11 White Noise Q-$19.80

Scr: 2,16

2 Chiefs (1st) 425.60

1 Kauri Kats (4th) 635.00

The Chiefs draw a blank again as Graeme goes back-to-back with a beaut BB. No change overall.

0 Jack

445 Graeme

123 Lightning Blue

123 Max

179.60 Tassie Tiger

0 Pam

0 Robert

0 Sharne

123 Gee

67 Jen

2 Ferdies (3rd) 458.00

3 Turbos*** (5th) 636.00

The Ferdies all miss as The Squirrel goes back-to-back to mug Maurice and hand The Turbos the lead.

134 PJ

0 Gary

0 Heather

246 Ray

134 Zac

67 Ziggy

190 Maurice

256 Blind Squirrel

0 Tom

67 Steve P

1 Swamp Foxes (2nd) 67.00

4 Blues* (8th) 471.40

Everyone missed !

0 Our Maizcay

67 Moose

67 Rees

0 Roland

0 Jamison

67 Pete

0 Maria

147.40 Gordy

0 Punter Pete

190 Smiler

1 Magpies (6th) 648.00

2 Highlanders (7th) 1009.80

The Magpies dive and miss as Rex lands the quinella to streak past Stevie while the winless Hesi snags a ripper BB quinella to skewer Secret Squirrel handing the Highlanders the lead. Someone call the RSPCA !

313 Secret Squirrel

647.20 Hesi

67 Ian

67 Midnight Caller

67 Jason

0 Rob

67 Richie

67 Craig

134 Stevie N

228.60 Rex

Ferdies seize a 4-1 lead with Mustang Valley while Imperatriz, Harlech or Spring Tide help

Turbos*** go further ahead with Prise de Fer

Swamp Foxes pull one back with Prise de Fer and seize the lead with Vernanme (must pay $14.80+ or Mustang Valley complete the Q otherwise just pulls one back)

Blues* go 5-zip clear with Harlech while La Crique or Mustang Valley help

Chiefs go further ahead with Spring Tide or Mustang Valley while Harlech helps

Kauri Kats draw level with Prise de Fer or Vernanme seize the lead with Tiptronic while Imperatriz or La Crique help

Magpies draw level with Imperatriz while Spring Tide helps

Highlanders go 4-zip clear with Vernanme while Prise de Fer helps

Round 5 - Sat Oct 8

Race 4 - Matamata R9

1st - 11 La Crique W-$3.50

2nd - 12 Mustang Valley Q-$28.20

Scr: nil

3 Chiefs (1st) 587.00

12Kauri Kats (4th) 775.00

LB with a quinella, plus Jack & The Tiger on the local winner for The Chiefs while Pam (with a BB), Graeme and Sharne reply for The Kauri Kats. Sharne now leads Robert but Lightning Blue has pulled clear of Max to maintain the Chiefs' narrow margin.

35 Jack

480 Graeme

214.40 Lightning Blue

123 Max

214.60 Tassie Tiger

70 Pam

0 Robert

35 Sharne

123 Gee

67 Jen

3 Ferdies (3rd) 710.80

2 Turbos*** (5th) 832.40

Everyone on the Group One winner bar Ray and 'Naki pair Zac and Tom with Gary snagging the quinella and Maurice bagging a beaut BB quinella to blow past Blind Squirrel and hand the lead back to The Ferdies in an even match.

169 PJ

91.40 Gary

35 Heather

246 Ray

134 Zac

102 Ziggy

372.80 Maurice

256 Blind Squirrel

0 Tom

102 Steve P

1 Swamp Foxes (2nd) 102.00

4 Blues* (8th) 724.20

Rees scores on his own for The Swampies with 4 team mates yet to trouble the scorer while all the Blues bar Roland reply with Moose and Gordy adding the quinella. No change overall.

0 Our Maizcay

158.40 Moose

102 Rees

0 Roland

0 Jamison

102 Pete

0 Maria

238.80 Gordy

0 Punter Pete

225 Smiler

1 Magpies (6th) 823.00

2 Highlanders (7th) 1184.80

Everyone tipped the Craig Grylls winner. No change overall in a high scoring affair.

348 Secret Squirrel

682.20 Hesi

102 Ian

102 Midnight Caller

102 Jason

35 Rob

102 Richie

102 Craig

169 Stevie N

263.60 Rex

Ferdies go further ahead with Leicalot while Za'faran, King Khan, Prince of Tallin or Arjay's Flight help

Turbos*** seize the lead with Iffie Shows or Badgeringdawitness and seize a 4-1 lead with Novak while Late To The Party or Trigon Lad help

Swamp Foxes pull one back with Trigon Lad, Lagerfeld or Late To The Party (must pay $12.00+ or Lagerfeld complete the Q) while Za'faran, Novak or Turnmeon help

Blues* go 5-zip clear with Bageringdawitness (must pay $$10.30+ or Arjay's Flight complete the Q) while Arjay's Flight, Prince of Tallin, Onezedbee or Iffie Shows help

Chiefs go further ahead with Arjay's Flight or Badgeringdawitness while Turnmeon, Iffie Shows or Novak help

Kauri Kats seize the lead with Prince of Tallin (must pay $14.50+ or Novak complete the Q), Late To The Party, Trigon Lad or Za'faran

Magpies draw level with Novak

Highlanders go further ahead with Rakau or Badgeringdawitness and go 4-1 clear with Arjay's Flight while Late To The Party helps

cupla peeps seem to be having trouble finding the dressing room at [present ...not Maxi...too busy assembling various Kats and turning them into Lions...(fingers crossed) ...

Gosh, look what just lobbed in R11 at Mattermatter...

MM

Edited by Maximus