The Race Place

5 to Win Comp Round 3 - Sat Dec 2

PWJ

ROUND 3 - Trentham Sat Dec 5 - 9 races  + one from Oz - closes 12.39pm

Races 1-9: Trentham card

Race 10:  Doomben Race 5 - Roku Gin Winning Rupert Plate

THE RULES

1. For each day of competition I will choose a meeting - some will be in NZ, some in Australia. All races at that meeting are eligible for your selections.

2. You will be required to make 5 selections of your choice each day, no more, no less. All selections must be made before the start of the first race on the program irrespective of whether you have a bet in that race. You may choose whatever races you like for your 5 selections but with the proviso of only one horse per any given race. See Rule 5 below regarding posting a sub.

3. Your first selection of the day will carry an imaginary $10/place investment. If successful, the return from this bet will carry over (the full dollar amount) to your second selection and so on. The aim is to get all 5 place selections on the day, in the money. If any miss, your only return from the day will be your loose change (cents not re-invested).

4. If you manage to get all 5 selections placed then your daily total will be banked towards your overall score (as will your cents if you miss). The player with the most $$ at the close of racing on Dec 19 wins. Sounds easy ? If all 5 of your selections WIN then your daily final total will be doubled !

5. Scratching Rule. You may replace scratchings up until 5 mins before the first race on the card at the stipulated meeting. Replace in a new post. Do not edit your original selections. If you don't replace a scratching then your entry will be invalid for that meeting. If you suffer a late scratching then your investment will go on the NZ TAB fave. You may post one sub that I will use in the event of a normal scratching. This sub must be posted with your original selections.

6. My decision and word is Final

Post your selections by race # and horse # below. Names are optional. Posting a sub is optional. If you post a sub in the same race as one of your selections then it will only be eligible to replace that one selection. It would make sense that if you are going to post a sub then select a different race from your 5 selections. There is no need to post a sub if you are aware of all scratchings and have posted accordingly with this considered.

• Like 1

• PWJ pinned this topic

Ok you'll notice some posts have disappeared from this thread.

PJ puts a lot of work into these comps and doesn't deserve to have private vendettas played out on his comp threads.

This is not censorship. Just trying to keep a bit of decorum to something that has always been wonderful fun.

Remember that word.

Fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Midnight Caller said:

Can people remember  to take their "meds" this weekend  please. 

On reflection I think the "meds" is having an adverse effect. Maybe miss a dose or ween off slowly. Other wise Chemist Warehouse has specials on Tena Pants "MAXI" 10 pack for those dribbling from both ends. 🙃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Carrying on from the kiss of death in the last , last week.

Trentham

R2  6 - Credit Manager

R5  4 - Taoiseach ( just rung them)👍

R7  5 - Belle Plaisir

R9  9 - Belles Girl

Doomben

R5  10 - Camerlengo. 

SUB:  In case they don't find a rider for Camerlengo. Doomben R5 No7 Goldsborough

Edited by Globederby19
  • Like 1

Here we go on NZ's premier race track my second fav after my beloved Flemington

Gone very wide as they say in Sydney Town, all duck no dinner 

Trentham

R4 8

R5 6

R6 7

R7 6

R8 10

Great comp PJ but on my performance not looking good for the Summer draft 

Enjoy

Tom

• Like 1

On 12/4/2020 at 3:30 AM, TooFast said:

First out ...First home.
How hard can it be ? 😄

Wellington
R1 - 1 - Basarwa
R3 - 1 - Chosen Peak
R5 - 1 - Stormy
R8 - 2 -Pris de Fer

Doomben
R5 - 4 - Acrobatic 

My wallet's waiting to see what Gordy comes up with. 😄

Many thanks, PJ.
Good luck, everyone.

One of my 'Super 5' has defected ........ a scratching.

Please replace Wellington R8-2 Pris de Fer with Wellington R7-5 Belle Plaisir

Many thanks, PJ.

If ever there was an omen bet in the windy city today it would have to be horse 1 - Stormy in R5.
Perfectly named for the venue. I'm onto it, like many other entrants ...it's one of my 'Super 5 ' 😁.

Well John ... Ive got shit to do outside today so havnt time to run my picks past yours...LOL

Hey, if any of these get beat out of a place...well, I,d normally go... He, He, He..BUT NOT TODAY 

I just want to come in later and still be alive , relax, have a beer and watch Race 9

Trentham R1 2

R2 7

R3 1

R5 1

R9 2

Cheers PJ 

Porky

• Like 1