Mid-Winter Super Draft Comp Results Thread

PWJ

To win-

Crazy Horse need:

Van Giz to win for The Squirrel

OR

Handspun to win for Plovdiv

Piko need:

Our Bellagio Miss to win for Tom and Howie (must pay $6.10 or Van Giz to complete the Q and hope it pays enough) - seems a slim hope....

Lowdown can't win

Round 5 - Saturday Jul 17

Race 10 - Randwick R10

1st - 8 Our Bellagio Miss W-$4.50  

2nd - 14 Miss Dior Q-$17.10  

Scr: 8,11,13

5 ROUGHNECKS (1st)

$1419.60

4 points

0 LOWDOWN* (3rd)

$959.20

0 (x 2 Joker play) = 0 points

The Roughnecks had it won with an impressive display before the last where Jen bagged a BB. Lowdown ended the day with all but Pete snagging BBs on the Berry bolter while Maurice's was enough to reel in Gordy and prevent the opposition from claiming a 5-pointer. Gee with 3 double figure winners was Man of the Match while Sharne was MVP for Lowdown. The Roughnecks took bonus points for the 4-1 margin and a team profit.

390.00 Jen 

337.00 Sharne

274.60 Roland 

202.80 Robert

540.00 Gee

241.40 Steve P

83.00 Gordy 

158.00 Maurice

134.00 Dino

20.00 Pete

3 HOT TODDYS (4th)

$1113.00

2 points

2 PIKO (7th)

$845.00

0 points

Bye - MX5 (2nd)

$1327.60

3 points

Piko rallied late and pulled one back when Howie caught Midnight C but The Hot Toddys, for whom Maria and Heather made the final collects, proved too good on the day. Piko's Geoff and Tom bagged BBs in the last while Richie added his 6th winner of the day for MVP honours. Pam was an impressive Match Star with 4 straight winners in the middle of the card to put paid to Hesi. MX5 had a great day and finished strongly with BBs from MVP Rob and Captain Max with Graeme also scoring as they just made it past the team profit mark for a 3 point haul.

81.00 Midnight C 

89.00 Howie

318.00 Maria 

204.20 Geoff

439.00 Pam

129.80 Hesi

153.00 Heather

138.00 Tom

122.00 Punter Pete 

284.00 Richie

287.00 Rex

364.00 Rob

257.00 Graeme

257.60 Craig

162.00 Max

1 CRAZY HORSE (6th)

$796.20

0 points

4 USAIN COLT (5th)

$1017.60

3 points

Van Giz flopped and Handspun ran on too late so Usain Colt not only held on but added a bonus point for a 4-1 margin when Gary got up to beat the scorer with a BB. All the Usain Colts tipped the Hickman winner with BBs also added by Stevie N and Man of the Match Ray who nailed 6 winners. BBs from Crazy Horse MVP Rees and The Squirrel rounded out the day for Crazy Horse. 

26.00 Plovdiv 

159.20 Stevie N

109.40 Jason

448.20 Ray

79.80 PJ

136.00 Gary

171.00 Blind Squirrel

186.20 Ian

410.00 Rees

87.00 Ziggy

* Joker play

TABLE after Round 5

1st 14 Roughnecks* $4476.40

2nd 11 MX5 $5968.60

3rd 8 Hot Toddys $4994.20

4th 8 Lowdown* $4111.20

5th 8 Usain Colt $3957.40

6th 5 Crazy Horse $3530.00

7th 3 Piko* $3701.40

Today's dominant win by The Roughnecks increased their lead to 3 points at the top of the table. MX5 made full use of their Bye round and are now 3 points clear of the chasing pack in 2nd. The win for the Hot Toddys saw them move up a place to 3rd passing Lowdown who dropped a spot with their defeat in their unsuccessful Joker play. Usain Colt defeated Crazy Horse but both remain where they started the day while Piko continue to make themselves at home in the cellar. Still 9 rounds to go and four Jokers to be played in the next two weeks.

• Like 2

Well what can I say, we are struggling against the racing Gods at the moment. Still, a Ten pointer beckons should we get it right on the night. Squirrel nearly got the nuts in the last and reduce the points tally and our scorer got nutted (excuse the pun) in the last to add to the damage . No worry's team , Joker play coming up boys.👍

• Sad 1

STATS

Best Scores
540.00 Gee
448.20 Ray
439.00 Pam
410.00 Rees
390.00 Jen

Worst Scores 

83.00 Gordy

81.00 Midnight C

79.80 PJ

26.00 Plovdiv

20.00 Pete

Most Wins

6 Richie

6 Ray

5 Steve P

5 Robert

5 Sharne

5 Rob

Most Quinellas
3 Richie

2 Rex

2 Stevie N

Biggest Winning Margin
448.20 Ray
109.40 Jason

Narrowest Winning Margin
89.00 Howie

81.00 Midnight C

Highest Losing Score
337.00 Sharne

Lowest Winning Score
89.00 Howie

ROUND 6 DRAW - Sat July 24

Meetings will be Te Rapa, New Plymouth, Caulfield & Rosehill

USAIN COLT (5th) vs MX5 (2nd)

Ian v Max

Gary v Rex

Stevie N v Graeme

Ziggy v Rob

Ray v Craig

CRAZY HORSE (6th) vs HOT TODDYS (3rd)

Blind Squirrel v Punter Pete

Rees v Pam

Jason v Maria

PJ v Midnight C

Plovdiv v Heather

PIKOS (7th) vs LOWDOWN (4th)

Hesi v Sharne

Richie v Maurice

Tom v Robert

Howie v Pete

Geoff v Steve P

Bye - ROUGHNECKS (1st)

Jen

Gordy

Gee

Dino

Roland

• Like 1

Thanks PIKO for the match, always a good one no matter what the name with the Blues Brothers 🙂

Fantastic today Pam, amazing total ..  and Richie, 6 winners on a day when many struggled to find a couple, beaut stuff.

Geoffrey 🙂  Love playing you.. seem to do it often with PJ's so called random selector thing .. dubious 🙂 .. as you said may the best man win 🙂   okay.. and I'll gift you the wo  ..  🤗 until we meet again ☺️

Edited by Dancing Show
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is MX3 checking in after another big arvo where the surf meets the turf. The max for the MX is what Max wanted to see, so well done lads.
A more fulsome report is on the cards tomorrer, so get your short novel in soon, Howie.

Tks PJ...your work is always appreciated by us all.

MX3 for MX5

• Like 5

Take a twirl ladies! For dragging the Toddy's to the froth. Two hard earned points to keep the party going 🥳. Well down Howie for getting the head down on the post,in what can honestly be said as two poor efforts.My only solace being that I took one for the team in "stopping" Tom with my Van Giz selection😉.Looking forward to locking horns (1st time I think)with my old teammate PJ next week.

Great  commentary as per usual PJ

Edited by Midnight Caller
  • Like 6

Thanks for the match today Crazy lot, commiserations Squirrel one more race and the result would’ve been different the squirrel was on the charge

Nice Selection for the team Gary with Our Bellagio Miss, and a super total today Ray

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dancing Show said:

Thanks PIKO for the match, always a good one no matter what the name with the Blues Brothers 🙂

Fantastic today Pam, amazing total ..  and Richie, 6 winners on a day when many struggled to find a couple, beaut stuff.

Geoffrey 🙂  Love playing you.. seem to do it often with PJ's so called random selector thing .. dubious 🙂 .. as you said may the best man win 🙂   okay.. and I'll gift you the wo  ..  🤗 until we meet again ☺️

Me vs you next week I better bring me A game for sure!!!!

• Like 2

Mmmm ...it's dark down here in the cellar ..... never been here before ..... dark and dingy and a world away from my desk in Piko's luxury pad in Downtown Auckland. Good news though ....we're gettin' out of this cellar soon ... word is that a new mob have signed the cellar tenancy agreement. That's right, Crazy Horseys ... Piko is looking at YOU ! 🙂
I do believe that Geoff's exact words were "imminently beatable !", and I can only but agree. 
Well we Piko got 'Hot Toddy'-ed  ! 🤨
Hearty congratulations to Super Captain Maria, 12.00am Caller and the 'Hot Toddy' team ....you've got a nice little team there and a 'Top 3' placing at Comp's end is certainly well within your scope. I'll give you the Lowdown .....things go your way at the right time and you could well take this whole thing out, Hot Toddys.
I didn't post last night cos I was called in to our Piko sponsor's tent at short notice for a "please explain" in respect to our precarious position on the points ladder. Sure I could have fallen on my sword, a principled Captain would have done that ...but at the time a better option seemed to be ..... throwing Geoff under the bus. I explained that Geoff was struggling with the nuances and intricacies of team vice-captaincy, and as he hopefully grows into the role a significantly improved Team Piko performance will be forthcoming. 
That should have bought me a bit of time ...... 🙂
Big 'ups' to our Piko man Richie today ...... 6 winners ! Legend !....... definite Vice-Captaincy potential ! 😃. Please post early next week Richie, so your team-mates can get in and 'copy and paste' ! 😊 To hang with the spirit of the game ... we're in the damn cellar !
We'll show those Lowdown what's what ! 
Many thanks for another good day's entertainment, PJ. You're always the No.1 Legend..... Richie No.2.
Would have been a great day's entertainment ... but we didn't win ...... so I've had to downsize to good day's entertainment.
Still with me, Rees  ??.......... 🙂 Well done on your own impressive score today, Rees. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TooFast said:

Still with me, Rees  ??.......... 🙂 Well done on your own impressive score today, Rees. 

Cheers Howie. It is a feast or a famine at the moment. Some good selectors in our team but we just are not firing all at the same time. That's racing as they say. The Joker play will be the defining moment for us .👍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Cheers Howie. It is a feast or a famine at the moment. Some good selectors in our team but we just are not firing all at the same time. That's racing as they say. The Joker play will be the defining moment for us .👍

I think our Joker play yesterday defined us - and not in a good way.

• Like 1

Tis the morning after the MX5 Pitstop Party the night before. (We all chipped in to shout the mechanics who did such a fine job on the dunger from the week before and turned it into ‘Greased Lightning’…cheers Danny, Kenickie and the boys...)

Maxi’s big mug of coffee went down a treat and was all gone long before I got to the end of Howie’s speel (650 words, a world record for a losing summary….? Imagine if they’d won!)

A mouthful of that java came spurting out when reading the phrase ‘precarious position’ on the points ladder'. Max must speak Truth to Power, so let me say: "Howie, you're very safe there, mate. No steps below you at all, at all, at all … a decent gap between the rungs and no Joker to play for a while, so just settle in down there and don’t get any fancy ideas! The name’s Piko, not Lazarus!"

Right, less than 500 words to go, so Maxi had better cut to the chase and get on with the after-match formalities:

·         Thanks to the umpire, linesmen, ball boys .. and the ladies for the scones
sorry, wrong speech.

·         Top job yesterday, Rob, Rex, Fox and Craig. All in fine form, but it’s a long road ahead.

·         Someone find a prize pack for the Roughnecks for stopping them dirty Lowdowns on their Joker play ..and give one to Moz for pipping Gordy in the last, or the Ruffies woulda got a fiver! (That match between Jen and Sharne was a cracker!)

·         Thanks PJ – great job on the commentary and updates as always. Max was at RuaCarCar where it pelted down most of the day (started a Dead5 and finished a Slow7).  Kept in touch with score reports by mobile phone. I bet many others in the Comp do the same.

·         Thanks to Hesi and Pete who keep TRP ‘up and running’ for us to enjoy – without the misery that plagues other racing sites.

Stay warm and keep cool, peeps.

MX3 for MX5

PS: Max found something in the Prize Pack cabinet for Howie.  

torch to help Howie and Piko.jpg

Edited by Maximus
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

I was going to suggest PJ stick a Trot race in as Jason loves his trots. Then I remembered . You won the Trots comp.:classic_blink:

now that would be like puttin' diesel in MX5's petrol tank

Edited by Maximus
  • Haha 1