The Race Place

The A-Z of Harness Racing Great Horses you might remember.

Lightning Blue

I'd put Themightyquinn at the very top of this list.

The Bagries had good one there and sold him for good money at the time(always sellers), and turned into a $5m plus winner, and just a neat horse. He won a race at Reefton with Double D driving him, who'd of thought.

3 minutes ago, Double R said:

Trident and Tuapeka Knight.

Yes , I thought at one stage the focus was going to be on young horse racing (like the gallops does a lot) and horses retiring at a young age when there was a phase of the young horses going to stud before racing in Cup Class for a while.

Thank goodness that didn't eventuate, and many of the greats are coming out to play in the harness racing at three and four and going on from there, instead of flat out Juvenile Racing (which wrecks some of them)

• Like 1

Man, that was worth a novel about Kevin Holmes and the way his life spiralled, such a talented horseman.

I remember when first getting involved I asked him for some advice and he said the best thing you can do is put your horses head on the gate leading up to the start and he was right! It works.

• Like 1

Here's a beauty ! sure to put Robert and Blackie and FC out of play and LB on the board !! 

Dancing Show is a chance of nailing this one ??  with the young lady getting this one going in the pic.

'T'  is for Trotter !  and when you can trot this good , why worry about harness and gig, ??   throw a saddle on and have a workout anytime !!!  brilliant .!!

DSC02670.JPG

30 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Here's a beauty ! sure to put Robert and Blackie and FC out of play and LB on the board !! 

Dancing Show is a chance of nailing this one ??  with the young lady getting this one going in the pic.

'T'  is for Trotter !  and when you can trot this good , why worry about harness and gig, ??   throw a saddle on and have a workout anytime !!!  brilliant .!!

DSC02670.JPG

Yep, I think you have me beaten LB. I do recall seeing the photo, so my guess would be David Moss.

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

An upset on the cards !! . Double R out-trotted at last.!  went into a gallop too under pressure? , as David Moss isn't a 'T' for terrific Trotter either . 

I had thought the T for trotter, might have been to throw us off the scent.

I concede, like a True Roman, falling on my sword.

• Haha 1