The Race Place

The A-Z of Harness Racing Great Horses you might remember.

Lightning Blue

13 minutes ago, Hesi said:

You'll know who that is LB

Manaroa , had won 12 races from 17 starts in Australia early 70's (because we used the mobile a lot)  so was loved by the Aussies more than the kiwis , where he often missed away in Nz. 

and set track records . 1972 at my home track Albion park (in that photo with Colin McLaaughlin giving him a workout) he won heats of the Interdominion and 33, 000 people jammed in to see if he could take the Grand Final .

Alas he was in trouble at the start again , and after making up 60m to get near the lead, wilted to run 5th to Welcome Advice. Mobile Start he would of WON by Plenty.......

1 minute ago, Lightning Blue said:

Don't think anyone would call their horse MEREMERE? hahaha .... so Come In Robert !! He'll pick the horse for you .......

1 minute ago, Hesi said:

They never made cheese in Meremere, that is where the now decommissioned coal fired power station was

Harry Mowbray, Matangi Cheese.

14 minutes ago, Double R said:

Some more M's.

Majestic Man.

Manaroa.

Manawaru.

Mighty Hanover.

Mountain Pride.

Mike's Pal.

Moon Boy.

Marius.

Meadow Bank.

Massacre.

Master Alan.

Master Dean.

Mai Mai.

My Lightning Blue.

Metal Mickey.

Michele Bromac.

Mister D G

Mr Feelgood.

Monkey King.

Mah Sish.

Mach Shard.

A great line-up Robert !!  near capacity field . No need to chuck the MY on Lightning Blue though . That's just a silly Oz thing they did lol....  very comfortable mixing it with Lazarus, Lordship and Luxury Liner in the L's lol...

Here's One for you Then !! not on your list . competing at an Interdominion for his kiwi trainer.

Can you get this one ?

DSC02630.JPG

Edited by Lightning Blue
spell

2 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

A great line-up Globe !!  near capacity field . No need to chuck the MY on Lightning Blue though . That's just a silly Oz thing they did lol....  very comfortable mixing it with Lazarus, Lordship and Luxury Liner in the L's lol...

Here's One for you Then !! not on your list . competing at an Interdominion for his kiwi trainer.

Can you get this one ?

DSC02630.JPG

Micron.

• Thanks 1

Robert and FC were on to her (mainland Banner ) fine,  so no tricking these guys Hesi ....... 

4 minutes ago, Hesi said:

We're a lot more onto it in Thoroughbreds, you guys were a bit slow,

Oh what !!!! don't think I've put one up that FieldC, Blackie,Globe, or Robert or others haven't nailed spread over 100 years. 

One for Hesi then here, to see if he's on the pace.

DSC02632.JPG

7 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Robert and FC were on to her (mainland Banner ) fine,  so no tricking these guys Hesi ....... 

Oh what !!!! don't think I've put one up that FieldC, Blackie,Globe, or Robert or others haven't nailed spread over 100 years. 

One for Hesi then here, to see if he's on the pace.

DSC02632.JPG

Wouldn't have a clue, Phar Lap?