The Race Place

The A-Z of Harness Racing Great Horses you might remember.

Lightning Blue

Well, the ‘Q‘ s aren’t actually flowing prolifically but one I remember is Quiet Touch for the Shinn’s that raced some pretty good horses, may have ran 3rd in an Auckland Cup? 
Mike DeFilippi who drove her a few times had a half pie decent one in Quiet Win as well, 3rd in NZ Cup I think.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blackie said:

Well, the ‘Q‘ s aren’t actually flowing prolifically but one I remember is Quiet Touch for the Shinn’s that raced some pretty good horses, may have ran 3rd in an Auckland Cup? 
Mike DeFilippi who drove her a few times had a half pie decent one in Quiet Win as well, 3rd in NZ Cup I think.

I agree Blackie, not many Q's come to mind.

Queen Ngaio.

Quick Trip.

Edited by Double R

51 minutes ago, Field Commander said:

Quite Famous

A great choice ! he was living a couple of stalls down from Lightning Blue for Quite some time.

A magnificent looking stallion Quite Famous was, a bit in the Iraklis - like strong type.

Although Not very well known in Nz , as he flopped in 'Luxury Liner's NZ Cup, and 'Comedy Lad's Auckland Cup ....... but did win a big FFA at Addington beating Borana, Malaz, Freightman, and co.

Also won about 20 Cups races all over Vic and Tas so has his own trophy room lol. that's something very few get.!!!!

DSC02647.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Globederby19 said:

Finally remembered. Cinamod Junior. 

Aha..Old Cinamod Junior: now his career was unusual to say the least!!

Career began as 7yo with CD Trainer Kevin Greer.

Cinamod Junior Won 4 of initial 12 starts around Central District Tracks.

Then went winless next 23 runs,including 4 for Colin Butler.

As 9yo,transferred to Stable of Ken Webber.

Won his first 4 runs from this stable at Alexandra Park.

Then Won FFA Prelude to Wellington Cup at Hutt Park:going on to WIN Wellington Cup later that week..only to be Disqualified,guessing for irregular swab result!!

Then next month WINS GROUP 1 Television NZ Mile at Addington.

Allup,his 9yo Career reads 22 starts..6wins/3places $87,500.

As a 10yo,1 unplaced run & retirement.

I'm still staggered at the improvement Ken Webber achieved with this horse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

"R' day for some Racey types.

The very first ever Miracle Mile winner in the 60's starts off a list of  45 Champions for that great race , ROBIN DUNDEE taking the first edition of the famous race,  for Robert Cameron in 1967.  

The poor darling couldn't get a NZ Cup, as had 3 x seconds in that race, (behind CardiganBay, Lordship and Garry Dillon)

This bloke could though !!!!    no doubt at the top of Globes favourites (and many others)

Racing with-out hopples on the legs is only achieved by freakish horses that are very rare indeed.

The late DD Nyhan, who passed away recently , seen here with the Champion. Think we all know this R for Ripper ???

DSC02649.JPG