The Race Place

Football WC

Hesi

Biggest event in world sport, so even though late off the mark, any self respecting chat site should have a thread on it

Feel free to post any comments, value bets etc etc

I see already that Argentina beaten  by the Saudis, and the great pretenders of world football Aus, firmly put in their place by France 

36 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Biggest event in world sport, so even though late off the mark, any self respecting chat site should have a thread on it

Feel free to post any comments, value bets etc etc

I see already that Argentina beaten  by the Saudis, and the great pretenders of world football Aus, firmly put in their place by France 

The Aussies were awful as I expected. This is probably the worst squad they have sent to the WC and the decline in the A-League must shoulder a lot of the blame. They will be lucky to scrape a point from their remaining two games. Good coach as Arnold is he can't do much with this lot and tactically he must shoulder some responsibility for today's weak performance. They should have learned the lesson the Saudis gave earlier. Take on the big guns full tilt, blitz them, fight tooth and nail for every ball. SA unsettled Argentina using these tactics, whereas the Socceroos looked too scared to try anything.

The tournament looks pretty even but I still believe Belgium and Germany will test France and Brazil in the later stages

• Like 1

The Mustelid is no great fan of the allegedly 'beautiful' game ..chockful of overpaid footballers whose outrageous histrionics (esp anywhere near the penalty box) are a blight on the game...which reminds me ..did anyone see the vid last week of a female footballer 'writhing in pain' who got up after a couple of seconds (as soon as she realised she was being ignored by the ref)..got up just in time to smack in a header and ran away to celebrate her goal at full speed.

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

The Mustelid is no great fan of the allegedly 'beautiful' game ..chockful of overpaid footballers whose outrageous histrionics (esp anywhere near the penalty box) are a blight on the game...which reminds me ..did anyone see the vid last week of a female footballer 'writhing in pain' who got up after a couple of seconds (as soon as she realised she was being ignored by the ref)..got up just in time to smack in a header and ran away to celebrate her goal at full speed.

Positive reports only please Max, a lot on here are football nuts . It is what it is, so never mind the quality mate ,feel the width.

2 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

Positive reports only please Max, a lot on here are football nuts . It is what it is, so never mind the quality mate ,feel the width.

Max doesnt feel obliged to gild the football lily, but since the festive season is upon us, he will do soe research, pick a team and support it/them to the MAX.

LOL

MM

20 minutes ago, Hesi said:

More theatrics than the Academy Awards

Yep, sorry to say. Especially around the penalty area. I have noticed the South American teams like taking out ankles, and generally playing dirty. Nothing new there. France do look the classy side. Belgium looked pretty average to be honest, and hard to gauge Spain as they romped in against pretty weak opposition.

8 hours ago, Maximus said:

Plenty of cry babies in the oval ball game nowadays Maxi!😭

Bring back Buck, split scrotum and all!

• Like 1