The Race Place

Football WC

Hesi

On 11/24/2022 at 4:30 PM, ngakonui grass said:

great to see Germany with nothing to say before the match and even less after,

not a huge fan of them as a football team but full credit to them for their team photo stance and for their interior minister wearing the One Love armband while sitting next to Infantino in the stands

54 minutes ago, Bloke said:

I enjoyed the England v USA game and as a Leeds supporter I watched with interest the performance of Tyler Roberts. In my biased opinion he has been one of the stand outs of the World Cup to date.

yes he had a very good game this morning, the whole US team looked very good, outplayed England 

his name is Tyler Adams

30 minutes ago, Our Maizcay said:

yes he had a very good game this morning, the whole US team looked very good, outplayed England 

his name is Tyler Adams

Ooops my apologies, I did mean Tyler Adams, mixed him up with another Leeds squad player Tyler Roberts

On 11/24/2022 at 3:50 AM, Maximus said:

I'm going for France ...not that I know anything about them, but if they win this World Cup and the RWC next year, the Moet will be flowin' ...

Allez les Roosters or Coqs au Vin or Bleus or woteva they're called ...Tricoleurs??

LOL

MM

I think you may find that your tipple of choice is imported from the fields of the Yarra Valley Maxi!🥂😁

Edited by Midnight Caller

Great nights Football ! with the Champion Messi taking Argentina to victory and the Socceroos also with a BIG WIN for Australia. (now 2nd in the group behind the reigning Champions France who also won well during the night)

So France are 1st Team through to the knock-out round, and....

so now Denmark have to actually Beat Australia to go through 2nd in the Group. A 'draw' Won't Do It for them Round 3. Go Oz 🏆

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lightning Blue said:

Great nights Football ! with the Champion Messi taking Argentina to victory and the Socceroos also with a BIG WIN for Australia. (now 2nd in the group behind the reigning Champions France who also won well during the night)

So France are 1st Team through to the knock-out round, and....

so now Denmark have to actually Beat Australia to go through 2nd in the Group. A 'draw' Won't Do It for them Round 3. Go Oz 🏆

Max is pickin' a Scandinavian rout of the Ozzies, oi oi oi....sorry about that LB

• Haha 1

On 11/25/2022 at 10:55 AM, ngakonui grass said:

Brazil looked good against Serbia but i gotta say i don't like their theartrics.They were falling down more than Russian soldiers in Ukraine,at least they had a reason.

Neymar is out for the rest of the group stage with an ankle injury and Danilo is also out for the next game with an ankle injury. Neymar came in for some special attention from Serbia and they dished him out and other Brazilians some crude tackles.

Problem is that last World Cup Neymar rolled around like a prize wanker every time an opposing player went near him, so most this time just thought "here we go again its Neymar"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/24/2022 at 4:42 PM, Hesi said:

As a site owner, you are obliged to participate

In that case I look forward to seeing you post your weekly contributions to Maxi's Let It Ride For Charity thread.

Surely you can stump up $10 or $20 and then find just one horse each week that'll pay a dividend??

MM

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

In that case I look forward to seeing you post your weekly contributions to Maxi's Let It Ride For Charity thread.

Surely you can stump up $10 or $20 and then find just one horse each week that'll pay a dividend??

MM

Sorry forgot all about it, will re-announce

On 11/23/2022 at 11:15 AM, PWJ said:

The Aussies were awful as I expected. This is probably the worst squad they have sent to the WC and the decline in the A-League must shoulder a lot of the blame. They will be lucky to scrape a point from their remaining two games. Good coach as Arnold is he can't do much with this lot and tactically he must shoulder some responsibility for today's weak performance. They should have learned the lesson the Saudis gave earlier. Take on the big guns full tilt, blitz them, fight tooth and nail for every ball. SA unsettled Argentina using these tactics, whereas the Socceroos looked too scared to try anything.

The tournament looks pretty even but I still believe Belgium and Germany will test France and Brazil in the later stages

Wow, looks like its humble pie time PWJ

4 hours ago, Bloke said:

Wow, looks like its humble pie time PWJ

Yes I am glad to be proven wrong but having said that, the Danish performance today was poor especially in attack and to be fair other than the moment of magic from Leckie Australia didn't look likely to score. Delighted they have made it through. Soutar played a terrific game.

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 7:36 AM, Maximus said:

Max is pickin' a Scandinavian rout of the Ozzies, oi oi oi....sorry about that LB

All quiet in Scandanavia tonight Maxi. dead quiet. Hope there is a Bit of noise and enjoyment in Nz to support your neighbours?? .? as we go on to take on the one and only Lionel Messi next. (He might make a 'Mess' of us lol 😅

Denmark are rooted er I mean routed out now , and on the way home . Aussie Aussie Aussie !! win win win 😄.

Yep nice win Australia against pretty ordinary opposition it must be said. Argentina will be a bridge way to far. And the French second eleven looked horrible, dismal effort until they injected  some firepower but still lost thanks to the NZ referee. Good decision. 

I was a French fan until this morning, but I now think Argentina having progressed look a big threat.

3 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

Yep nice win Australia against pretty ordinary opposition it must be said. Argentina will be a bridge way to far. And the French second eleven looked horrible, dismal effort until they injected  some firepower but still lost thanks to the NZ referee. Good decision. 

I was a French fan until this morning, but I now think Argentina having progressed look a big threat.

Nice to see a Brighton player get a goal for Argentina. He's a beaut...

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, pete said:

Nice to see a Brighton player get a goal for Argentina. He's a beaut...

The Argie Scotsman !!! Completely muffed the shot and scored anyway. If he had hit it properly the keeper would likely have saved it. Plenty of "Seagulls" at the World Cup, Pete !

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Globederby19 said:

I was quite surprised at how poor the French 2nd XI was. The depth in their squad was questionable. The French coach Deschamps looked pretty worried - not about the result so much as they were through regardless - but the poor performance from the reserves

6 hours ago, Lightning Blue said:

All quiet in Scandanavia tonight Maxi. dead quiet. Hope there is a Bit of noise and enjoyment in Nz to support your neighbours?? .? as we go on to take on the one and only Lionel Messi next. (He might make a 'Mess' of us lol 😅

Denmark are rooted er I mean routed out now , and on the way home . Aussie Aussie Aussie !! win win win 😄.

Crikey...bewdy bonza ripper ma-a-a-ate...Brothers in arms we are ... a pox on all their Scandinavian houses and there is clearly something rotten in the state of Denmark tonite!

Well done Ozzies...now, for you bleeders to really go up in the Esteem of Max, Mr S Smith (the dirty rotten Scoundrel of Sandpapergate) has to score a double ton for max to buy another case of REAL Moet for the weekend.

MM

2 hours ago, Maximus said:

. a pox on all their Scandinavian houses and there is clearly something rotten in the state of Denmark tonite!

Aus (or rather Tasmania) has sent them their 'Queen' in Denmark , so that makes them a cheerful and thankful bunch and loving Aus like you mate. Queen Mary is a real sweetheart so may have told the Danes to take it easy on her homeland . Thankfully they listened to the lovely Lady.🥰

Good old Stevo has scored the Double Ton ok as did Qlder Marnus Labuschagne as they 'Whip the Windies' easier than they do to kiwis in the Test cricket. I've just bought a great big bottle of Rum to celebrate 🍾🏆💰 !! What a Win in the Football and the test cricket mauling ... what a great Day !! 

• Like 2