The Race Place

NZ Cup and FFA day

Hesi

3 hours ago, Hesi said:

Rex and Rees have agreed to run a Harness Comp as above

Expressions of interest please

Rees will post a rules/format on this thread

Thanks

Ok I was going to do dual code with my Cup Week comp but I'll stick to the gallops.

• Like 1

On 10/25/2023 at 9:33 PM, Maximus said:

lock up yer wives 'n daughters n cheque books and eftpos cards peeps of Choo Choo ...Max will be on the loose in the Garden City for Cup Week.

Yee haa. If anyone on this site who lives down that way has the courage to front up and meet Max his-self for a drink or two, lemme know. 

MM

PS: Rumour has it that Max will be lurking around the Sprig and Fern in Merivale some of the time..if they havent got wind of his imminent arrival and closed for the week.

Im in.

I have a couple of pints every Saturday at 'the Sprig'. I'll come and have a beer with you and maybe Tom will too. 

On 10/25/2023 at 9:33 PM, Maximus said:

lock up yer wives 'n daughters n cheque books and eftpos cards peeps of Choo Choo ...Max will be on the loose in the Garden City for Cup Week.

Yee haa. If anyone on this site who lives down that way has the courage to front up and meet Max his-self for a drink or two, lemme know. 

MM

PS: Tumour has it that Max will be lurking around the Sprig and Fern in Merivale some of the time..if they havent got wind of his imminent arrival and closed for the week.

Sorry about the health problem mate 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Probably going to get about 20 entries with a few extras on the day, so plan on about 25

Format at this stage, maybe some tweaking, but in general that will be it

Rules and Format for NZ CUP DAY & SHOW DAY.

All races on raceday will need THREE(that is 3) picks per Race.

SCORING:

Each of your three horses will have imaginary $1 ew bets.

THERE WILL BE A BOXED QUINELLA & TRIFECTA with your 3 horses all at $1.  You can select one race as a best bet where all points gained are doubled

The two totals from both days added together to decide the winner.

All SELECTIONS must be IN 1 HOUR before FIRST RACE (Allows scorers time to record & set up) THANKS.

SCRATCHINGS : All scratching REPLACEMENTS MUST BE IN A SEPARATE POST & before deadline cutoff.

Any late scratchings will divert to Fav, 2ND Fav etc dependent on individual picks.

If by some chance there are LESS than three divvie payouts we will on the nz tab prices take note on CLOSED start prices and use for second & third finishers.

NORMAL DEADHEAT RULES APPLY.

• Thanks 1