The Race Place

All things Covid and Political discussion .........Be Kind

Midnight Caller

8 hours ago, mardigras said:

Concerns raised about having to share public transport with unvaccinated people (msn.com)

This is the type of reporting I find largely mis-information.

Being on a bus with vaccinated people only, doesn't prevent the individual from getting the virus. It's absurd thinking. All this does is create segregation/divisive thinking. 

It is also nice to see some businesses being pro active here in Masterton ( no names mentioned) and opening their doors  to both vaccinated and unvaccinated .Especially some hospitality venues so we can go out for dinner, or turn up for a coffee.  They have been swamped by people latching onto it .

Just having returned from Taupo, it was also nice to see our fav cafe not turning away people either, just displaying the appropriate signs but nothing else. Cant see this madness ending any time soon. 

Anyone else read today page 2 of the Herald, a young healthy bloke in his 20's in NZ, got his 1st jab, then within a few hours he got heart flutters, but he put it down to stress - his fiancée explained. 2 weeks later when they were getting very worried about this, they decided to take him to hospital. He didn't make it. Dropped dead. Report & health board state he died from likely vaccine & that heart thing begins with M due to it. He has never had a heart condition.  

Obviously a small percentage of peeps are being affected by heart palpations and/or this rare heart thing effect after. However after what happened to me, I will be applying for an exempt when my vaccine passport expires. 

8 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Obviously a small percentage of peeps are being affected

No its not a small percentage . But don't think any will be reported, the problem will be continued to be buried.   I personally have a mate who is in all sorts of trouble after having his first vac two days after passing a medical with flying colors for his job. He is shit scared now . Don't ask for any more info as I try to keep out of this forum. My advice for you is to stay clear of another jab, but it is your decision but remember Karrots it has to be an informed choice. Go digging for the truth bud. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Globederby19 said:

No its not a small percentage . But don't think any will be reported, the problem will be continued to be buried.   I personally have a mate who is in all sorts of trouble after having his first vac two days after passing a medical with flying colors for his job. He is shit scared now . Don't ask for any more info as I try to keep out of this forum. My advice for you is to stay clear of another jab, but it is your decision but remember Karrots it has to be an informed choice. Go digging for the truth bud. 

Yea Im not into blaming the Govt or Jacinda for Covid or any conspiracy theories. Not meaning you are either, but just in general just taking things on what happened to me, & based off that, & 1 other person I know personally had a bad heart experience, also PJs experience palpations. No way am I going to risk getting another shot, just incase my heart palpations I get with it, go onto something worse next time. Thats my biggest fear, and of course blacking out/fainting, seriously freaked me out. BUT realise this is more a minority experience than a majority. Had I not experienced this, then Id prob get another jab lol. But nah theres NO way, Im guna risk it, esp after reading the story today. Ill be pretty pi..ed off, if I don't get an exemption. But hopefully I will. 

Fair enuff if your not vaccinated Globe, each to their own & peeps have the choice. Your body, your choice. 

Edited by karrotsishere

12 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Yea Im not into blaming the Govt or Jacinda for Covid or any conspiracy theories. Just taking things on what happened to me, & based off that, & 1 other person I know personally had a bad heart experience, also PJs experience palpations. No way am I going to risk getting another shot, just incase my heart palpations I get with it, go onto something worse next time. Thats my biggest fear, and of course blacking out/fainting, seriously freaked me out. BUT realise this is more a minority experience than a majority. Had I not experienced this, then Id prob get another jab lol. But nah theres NO way, Im guna risk it, esp after reading the story today. Ill be pretty pi..ed off, if I don't get an exemption. But hopefully I will. 

Fair enuff if your not vaccinated Globe, each to their own & peeps have the choice. Your body, your choice. 

Hi Karrots.

Fully understand your concerns about having another jab.

Do you think you might make an appointment with your doctor, and you may have done that when you had your experience with your second jab, and explain what happened, and get a check up, and there might be something else happening in your body that is not apparent. Much the same as we do with our horses when they don't perform, or do things out of character.

Just a thought Karrots.

Merry Christmas.

Robert.

22 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi Karrots.

Fully understand your concerns about having another jab.

Do you think you might make an appointment with your doctor, and you may have done that when you had your experience with your second jab, and explain what happened, and get a check up, and there might be something else happening in your body that is not apparent. Much the same as we do with our horses when they don't perform, or do things out of character.

Just a thought Karrots.

Merry Christmas.

Robert.

Hi DR 😁

Merry Xmas to you too 😁

Nah won’t waste my time. But thanks tho for your thoughts and care 😁

Yes went to doc after 2nd jab, report like Copy That, everything is amazing. Good health.

Also straight after faint, spoke on phone to a doctor, went thru everything. Nothing, other than she randomly was trying to say that she thought it probably occurred due to dehydration, which I flat out said, impossible as I was having water at the time & are a regular water drinker - then she went on to tell me that fainting is normal happens to people before their wedding etc. I felt like she was trying to play it down. Just said to her, yeah but Im not about to get married & I just had the booster yesterday within 24 hours of now. Its the booster.

If I go again back to doc to get more testes done, everything will come back perfect again.

Im not concerned about my health. Know my body & after 2 reactions out of 3. The jab is causing this.

Its funny too because prior me getting the booster like a day before, had in the back of my mind, hope nothing happens to my heart.

Told a friend in LA about my booster experience - who replied saying, that after booster they had some staff taken away by ambulance to hospital. So me fainting I got off lightly in their opinion. (Again it happens to a smaller minority percentage - bad side effects - I appear to be within that small percentage unfortunately - which sucks - but it is what it is - therefore worst case scenario for me is drop dead. No thanks, not worth the risk).

3 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Hi DR 😁

Merry Xmas to you too 😁

Nah won’t waste my time. But thanks tho for your thoughts and care 😁

Yes went to doc after 2nd jab, report like Copy That, everything is amazing. Good health.

Also straight after faint, spoke on phone to a doctor, went thru everything. Nothing, other than she randomly was trying to say that she thought it probably occurred due to dehydration, which I flat out said, impossible as I was having water at the time & are a regular water drinker - then she went on to tell me that fainting is normal happens to people before their wedding etc. I felt like she was trying to play it down. Just said to her, yeah but Im not about to get married & I just had the booster yesterday within 24 hours of now. Its the booster.

If I go again back to doc to get more testes done, everything will come back perfect again.

Im not concerned about my health. Know my body & after 2 reactions out of 3. The jab is causing this.

Its funny too because prior me getting the booster like a day before, had in the back of my mind, hope nothing happens to my heart.

Told a friend in LA about my booster experience - who replied saying, that after booster they had some staff taken away by ambulance to hospital. So me fainting I got off lightly in their opinion. (Again it happens to a smaller minority percentage - bad side effects - I appear to be within that small percentage unfortunately - which sucks - but it is what it is - therefore worst case scenario for me is drop dead. No thanks, not worth the risk).

All good then.

• Like 1

I think omicron being in the community is the best thing for NZ. 

We need to advance our approach and start working towards a management plan, not a fear plan.

We need to be thinking of RAT tests rather than PCR for travel. Take Queensland and Victoria 

RAT to enter Qld now, not PCR. Victoria has purchased 34m RAT kits, available free.

Time to change things. Yes have some controls, make them easy, make them affordable (free), and get things going.

On making things easy, saw a cool setup in a movie house the other day. Guy developed a unit, it scans your vaccine pass and is connected to a small printer that produces an individual ticket output with your name and that you can be admitted. (Or not). You give that to staff before allowed in. Staff don't have to use any devices or look at your phone. Frees them up to deal with their customers. 

Edited by mardigras

Great they have put out potential booster side effects, common & rare in yesterday Herald. Interesting to see (feel faint) immediately or in days after vaccine. 

You may experience some side effects with the booster similar to that of the second dose of the Pfizer vaccine, according to the Ministry of Health.

These include muscle aches, pain at the injection site, headaches, nausea, and feeling tired or fatigued. For most people, these tend to be mild effects and don't last long.

Some side effects are more serious but very rare, like a severe allergic reaction or an inflammation of the heart (myocarditis).

An online reporting form for adverse events following immunisation with Covid-19 vaccines is now available.

If you develop difficulty breathing, a racing heart, chest pain or feel faint immediately or in the days after the vaccine, you should seek medical attention.

If you're unsure about your symptoms or if they get worse, call Healthline: 0800 358 5453.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-vaccine-booster-dose-what-you-need-to-know/JA3ATUZ5UZVINO6GXD4AGKJ73Q/

Edited by karrotsishere
  • Like 1

So Israel has just rolled out - wait for it folks - A 4th shot - 2nd booster. 

Dam Im fine with an annual flu shot or whateva once a year. 

But 4 shots in 1 year is getting way too much for my liking. 

Thought Omincron was more mild too than the original or Delta strain. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2022/01/04/israel-fourth-shot-booster/

Edited by karrotsishere

Latest booster update - is this becoming a guessing game ?? - haha just joking. So we have Israel launched 4th shot, while British government scientific advisers are saying not needed currently. 

https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/world/covid-19-omicron-outbreak-uk-fourth-vaccine-booster-shots-wont-be-necessary-experts-say/

Fourth Covid vaccines are not currently needed, British government scientific advisers have said, amid increasing evidence the Omicron strain is much milder than previous variants. 

Ministers have been exploring the possibility of a fourth jab for several weeks after Israel, considered a global pioneer in Covid vaccination, launched such a programme last month. 

26 minutes ago, Hesi said:

Warts are viruses, but you knew that Dr Karot

Yea, read article. Thought it was a lil bit funny. But a positive 1. So chose to post that 1 instead of the article where it says its effecting female monthly cycles by a day in some.  

Edited by karrotsishere

Ok last post on this cause know prob getting annoying & yes I have a Bee in Bonet after what happened to me re Booster. But todays latest headline, seriously.  Here is 1st paragraph.

Pfizer's chief executive has revealed that two doses of the current Covid-19 vaccine offer "very limited protection, if any" against Omicron, although two doses plus a booster offer "reasonable protection" against hospitalisation and death.

So now a new vaccine is in the works as per the headline.

Gee starting to seem to me just like a money making machine.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/covid-19-omicron-outbreak-pfizer-boss-says-two-doses-provide-limited-protection-against-omicron-new-vaccine-in-production/6GRQLK3TSL6XBIAXAZWR2GKNHU/

12 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Have you just worked this out?   Not trying to be a smartass...but Big Pharma, whatever your thoughts, are not in business as a benevolent society.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Freda said:

Have you just worked this out?   Not trying to be a smartass...but Big Pharma, whatever your thoughts, are not in business as a benevolent society.

Hi Freda, was told a few weeks back, from someone that chose not to get jabbed about this theory. Basically they said that 'Big Pharma', has political influence in USA. I replied saying "but how does that effect NZ?". They said that "NZ has a tendency follow what others are doing". I said "ok but not in everything. But yes in this Covid thing we have been".

They then said that Trump was used something can't recall name & it helped him recover well when he had Covid, but media & people portrayed him as being crazy & taking some type of horse tranqualizer. I said "yes I recall reading about this". I also said "I recall how they said it was made out to just be for the wealthy". 

They then said "its not, its cheap, & very affordable. But it was banned in NZ". I said 'why was it banned"?. They said "likely because it provides a type of treatment & to have a vaccine approved in NZ they can't have any available treatments or cures" - or something. 

So since this convo have thought about what they said, decided Ill bear it in mind & as we go along since see what happens & make my own mind up about it. 

Karrots, I think you've been reading too many conspiracy theories. I'm pretty sure he wasn't taking anything like Ketamine - more like Ivermectin, a parasitic treatment.

The whole situation is out of control. Vaccine mandates are a waste of time imo. Take the vaccine, don't take the vaccine. Carry on. If you want to know what is best for you, talk to someone you trust - maybe a medical professional.

But I wouldn't listen to much of what many American's claim. According to the internet, 1/5th of them believe the sun revolves around the earth. Which is akin to listening to American's. You just can't trust what you read and people probably need to work out what is best for themselves. 

I wouldn't believe Jacinda and her cronies, nor would I believe the majority of the conspiracy theories.

According to a lot of the 'data', the vaccine does show a relationship with less severity of Covid - but who knows whether the 'data' is correct.

My own analysis suggests you're not a lot less likely to catch Covid if you are vaccinated. But from the population, you are likely around 5 - 10 times less likely to become acutely ill or die as a result of Covid accelerating your demise, as opposed to directly causing it.

The population result, doesn't indicate an individual should get the vaccine.

Which is why I am very anti the vaccine mandates. The choice of being vaccinated should be a personal one. The vaccinated are getting and spreading Covid.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

Karrots, I think you've been reading too many conspiracy theories.

But I wouldn't listen to much of what many American's claim.

Nah was a Kiwi lol. Nah not reading conspiracy theories at all. Just spoke in person to this person, it came up in convo when I said what happened to me re booster. Anyway don't want to get involved or say anymore, just thought would respond to Freda. Im still keeping an eye on things & making my own mind up as we go. Which Im def against having 4 shots in 1 year as Israel are doing. 

16 minutes ago, karrotsishere said:

Nah was a Kiwi lol. Nah not reading conspiracy theories at all. Just spoke in person to this person, it came up in convo when I said what happened to me re booster. Anyway don't want to get involved or say anymore, just thought would respond to Freda. Im still keeping an eye on things & making my own mind up as we go. Which Im def against having 4 shots in 1 year as Israel are doing. 

No probs.

On the multi shot thing, heaps of vaccines require multiple shots. I'm not saying this is good in this case or bad. 

Take Twinrix for example - a Hep A/B vaccine (no longer used in NZ I think). But I have had it.

3 doses, 1 dose, 4 weeks later 2nd dose, 5 months later 3rd dose. 100% protection is not guaranteed. And has quite a high percentage of potential side effects (I'm sure including death).

Most vaccines effectiveness wane over time. And personal circumstance/health may suggest extra doses are required.

Remember those against the vaccine are using things such as the dose rate to coerce people into believing it is poison/useless/a depopulation tool etc. But they aren't painting the full picture of vaccines generally.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, mardigras said:

a Hep A/B vaccine

Great points 😄 And your comments are food for thought. Thanks.

Yea had those both too Hep A/B, plus heaps of other vaccines - esp when traveling had extras.

Last thing Ill say tho is in ALL of my vaccines to date even the yearly flu shot, never have I ever had side effects. Let alone bad side effects. Plus now read Pfizer are bringing out a new vaccine, as they said that initial 2 shots gives only limited protection. 

Im getting a side effect from reading about all this Headache lol. 

1 minute ago, karrotsishere said:

Yea had those both too Hep A/B, plus heaps of other vaccines - esp when traveling had extras.

Last thing Ill say tho is in ALL of my vaccines to date even the yearly flu shot, never have I ever had side effects. Let alone bad side effects. Plus now read Pfizer are bringing out a new vaccine, as they said that initial 2 shots gives only limited protection. 

I wouldn't do any research on the recently approved Malaria Vaccine then Karrots. 4 doses - and not totally effective against getting Malaria, along with the usual side effect suspects.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, karrotsishere said:

Karrots. Make up your mind on your next step (vacc again or not)and stick to it.  Boy have I seen some divisions in family's,friends, my RSA,  over this. Don't get caught up in discussion , just politely point out your position and walk away. 👍